LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What are your predictions for the disposable diaper market in the 2020’s?

Since the 2020’s are only two years away, I was wondering about how the diapers would look like in the next decade. I do predicted that for the ABDL diaper market, there would be more blue and pink diapers (possibly in other colors such as purple), and maybe even some of the diapers might reach 7000 ml in absorbency level. I don’t know about baby diapers in the 2020’s (maybe gender-specific baby diapers?). What are your predictions on how the diaper market would look like in the 2020’s? Do you have any ideas?

For ABDL diapers, I predict the diaper bubble is going to burst. All these boutique ABDL diaper brands are going to go the way of the dodo (so stock up while you can). I predict it will be down to 2-3 brands in a few years: probably ABU, Rearz, and Tykables in North America, though I predict Tykables will focus more on clothing than diapers and differentiate themselves in that respect. Can't speak international, but I do think the market will grow in Japan. As kids of the aughts come of age, the demand for cloth-backed diapers will rise, and will have equal footing in the market to accommodate them as well as the lovers of the plastic-backed.

As far as baby diapers, well we're already seeing the effects with Kimberly-Clark scaling back production on their Huggies brand because raising a family isn't something on the mind of millennials. That will continue into 2020 with Pampers likely scaling back as well, but Luvs likely will not as it as seen as a cost-friendly alternative to the two and lower-income couples are still having kids. I 100% disagree with gender-specific diapers returning, especially in blue and pink. Millennials are NOT having that. I would also bet as allergies continue to rise, scented baby products will continue to be scaled back. Most, if not all, baby products will likely be fragrance-free within the next 10 years.

... sorry, I hope this doesn't depress anyone. This is just honestly where I feel the ABDL and baby diaper markets are heading respectively.

I think the medical side of adult disposable diapers is going to boom in a big way.  I think that people here in North America will demand better and better diapers and the manufacturers are going to oblige.

As far as the ABDL crowd is concerned....I think we're going to see more cloth like ABDL diapers come online in the next while as the younger generations who wore those types as kids will be looking for them more and more as they realize they like wearing diapers today.  I think the ABDL market has gone as far as it will go in regards to developing new diapers.....what we will see now is different colours and perhaps size variations as things progress.

I hope we don't see a full on war against plastics of all kinds as the world moves away from them.  You see it now with single use grocery bags and straws as folks are more and more environmentally conscious.  I hope the thick plastic ABDL diapers are here to stay for the foreseeable future. 

Smart sensors will be big in the Incontinence world, connected to the nurse station or smartphone alerting the carer when its time to change. we are starting to see barcodes on each product as institutions are now scanning everything that happens to a patient, so diapers will be scanned to a patient when being used this is for billing and patient safety concerns /tracking. The barcodes will probably give way to RFID tags built into the sensors eventually. Other features we will see is a trend to less plastic more environmentally "safe" materials. we hope to see a rear pocket to help contain bowel movements better, some baby diapers are starting to have that. As for the ABDL world, I would agree with others that Gender specific will go away but fun designs will stay,  probably just a few manufacturers will be around.

• 2 months later...