LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So ABU is taking Tykables to court

My thoughts are that diaper companys often duke it out in the court room and now we have a few abdl diaper companys that have grown quite a size.

Typical company resource duels...

ABU hasnt been happy how Tykeables runs their buissness and with that company having issues left and right. I just see it as a one-two punch to shutdown tykeables

I don't think that they are going to be shut down but forced to change the name of their diapers and made to pay ABU in order to make amends for it.

I think it would be a little overboard to shut down a company just for problems with product names but being made to change the name seems like the right thing to do about the situation. 

If Tykables wanted to follow in ABU'S  footsteps then they should have requested permission before carrying it out themselves and if Tykables cannot do this then  I agree with ABU that Tykables need to have legal action against them for copyright infringement.

Hello everyone I am going to trademark the word Incontinent for my stories for Incontinent Natalie and anyone who uses the word "incontinent" in their title, I will, take you to court if you don't take it out of your story title. I will also trademark the name Natalie and anyone who uses that name in any of their stories, I take you to court if you don't change your character's name. I don't want people to get confused and think I wrote those other stories because of the name Natalie or because of the word Incontinent in their title. 

This post is satire. 

On 2/6/2018 at 5:36 PM, DL4LIFE said:

Nobody can use the word Pampers, Luvs, Or Huggies for Ian infant diaper line.  What the hell do you think Proctor and Gamble and Kimberly Clark did?  Even Depends is a trademark. 

ABU was first to produce a space themed adult diaper and they were fucking smart enough to cover their asses so no one else could infringe on it. That is ABU's argument here.

In the business world it's called copywriting, patenting, and trademarketing. 

And here's another thought. The guy who runs tykables has been all over sites like this and has seen read what interest we as a community have in certain diapers.  Why didn't he come up with his own concept?  Cuz he probably saw the sales ABU and the feedback from those who use the product and figured " what the hell".To me he's too stupid to come up with his own concept so he'll borrow from those who were.

What about the hook and loop fasteners on his current diapers. Bambino was the first. 

To me he's just living vicariously through the hard work of others.

He will never get my business. 

I have never heard of Snuggies baby diapers other than in Ashley's Diaper Adventures and I can't find the word for baby diapers other than Snuggy or Sugglers. I have seen other diaper companies copy other diaper companies. Who was the first to put leak guards in their baby diapers? Now all the companies do it. Now they all do cloth like, they all do prints and prints all over now and they all do tabs now than having you use pins. 

On 2/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, iluvmydiapers said:

Let's not forget when the WWF(world wildlife foundation) sued the WWF(world wrestling federation) over the use of WWF.

It was a long fought battle but the WWF(world wrestling federation ) had or change their name and went with WWE(world wrestling entertainment).

So for ABU to sue Tyakbles over the use of the name space diaper there is a good chance of them coming out with the win.

There was the time when Disneyland took the Edmonton mall's amusement park to court over their name Fantasyland. Disneyland had that name too in their theme park for a certain area of rides and this place happened to have that name for their theme park. Disneyland found out and took them to court and Fantasyland changed their name too Galaxyland. I thought that lawsuit was also silly and I mean c'mon, it's just a name. It's not like they called their park Disneyland and used their Disney characters but Disney is known for being picky about their names being used or anything related to it. I once heard a song in choir and it was about going to a themepark called Wonderland but just by the description of it in the song, it sounded like Disneyland, that was because it was Disneyland and the park didn't want their name in the song and the writer's couldn't get permission so they used another name. I thought it was their loss. They probably wouldn't want any of their toys or movies being mentioned in novels either or else they take the author to court. I have mentioned Disneyland in my stories or any of their games or movies and still no lawsuit by them lol. 

One thing about trademarks is that for them to be valid you have to enforce them. If ABU chose not to go after Tykables they would legally be in danger of being accused of abandoning the trademark. It's part of why so many companies go crazy with enforcement of those trademarks. I think ABU probably has a solid legal case here with both prior art and having it registered. Tykables best bet would be to change it to 'galactic' or something different and issue an apology to ABU. I'm guessing this will be resolved before ever hitting a court room. I can't imagine the judge in a case dealing with this openly would benefit anyone.

14 hours ago, xander.williams said:

Ain’t business romantic? They’ll settle and change the name. The fight isn’t worth the expense.

Besides, ABDLs would find and buy the best diapers with no special names or advertising. The most frequently purchased diapers in this community are probably the medical brands.

Because the medical brands can offer very good products at a lot less than the diapers made with the focus on the ABDL community; and not everybody wants diapers with a print or needs/has the money for the specialty ABDL diapers and the medical grade diapers are also a bit more low key (you don't have to think about what people might think of you as you can say it's a need; whereas what reason would you have for the printed diapers?).

Still ABDL diaper companies are bring in huge profits, companies like ABU and RearZ probably make several million a year and I suspect this case is a much bigger deal for ABU than Tykables, after all; all Tykables had to do was change the name.