LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The iDiaper

AlliR

Because I wear serious diapers 24/7 I am always looking for something that works better for me. So I have provided a review of what I now have found to be the best in a cloth diaper.

DIAPER REVIEW:

There are many types of diapers on the market for adults. The very best and most accurate reviews of adult diapers should be from those who actually use them because no one else could truly describe the pros and cons without wearing them and experiencing what happens.

Because I am incontinent and have been for decades, wearing diapers for me is mandatory. I am a very heavy and frequent wetter so I have experienced every type of success and failure using them.

To start with, there are no perfect diapers anywhere. So the purpose of this review is to help those in the manufacture and creation of perfecting an adult diaper where improvements are necessary.Basically there are cloth and disposable diapers available in a number of different variations. I will concentrate on heavy wetters because small amounts of wetting accidents are easy to control with a limited diaper.

Disposables are handy, quick and are best used for standing or sitting. No need to launder them and they do have a treatment in them to reduce odors. The failure rate on disposables comes from bed usage especially those who are side of stomach sleepers. Disposables concentrate their absorption padding through the middle of the diaper leaving little to grab on either side.

Cloth diapers tend to be bulkier and they do require laundering. There is no odor control on a cloth diaper either. But cloth has the added ability to do much better absorption for side leaks. A big plus for heavy wetters or bedwetters.

So the trick is to find a diaper for the person who needs the specialty items to properly protect against leaking and also be comfortable.

Amount of absorption and speed of absorption are major factors is selection. Ease of changes and wetness isolation barriers is another. While addressing these, bulk becomes a major factor since that factors into what shows when wearing street clothes.

The latest purchase of a new cloth product is iDiaper. This is the closest item I have used that addresses the most needed features of my personal needs. There are times when a diaper change is not readily available. This diaper can contain up to three heavy wettings and still remain contained with the help of properly sized waterproof pants. That’s because of a special soaker insert that is mounted in a pocket within the shell of the diaper. The cloth shell facing the skin acts as a barrier to prevent the moisture to stay against the skin. The opposite side of the pocket shell is moisture resistant to help contain the wet insert as it absorbs several ounces of fluid. I do encourage the use of waterproof pants to insure proper containment especially after several launderings which can reduce the moisture barrier.

Overall the iDiaper is very adjustable with large Velcro strips to provide both a proper waist security without sacrificing comfort because the cloth material of the basic diaper is soft and pliable.  There is always room for improvements even on this product but that’s not to say that it would be easy. Side leaks for bedtime use still remains the biggest hurdle to overcome in the entire industry.

image.png

23 hours ago, AlliR said:

Because I wear serious diapers 24/7 I am always looking for something that works better for me. So I have provided a review of what I now have found to be the best in a cloth diaper.

DIAPER REVIEW:

There are many types of diapers on the market for adults. The very best and most accurate reviews of adult diapers should be from those who actually use them because no one else could truly describe the pros and cons without wearing them and experiencing what happens.

Because I am incontinent and have been for decades, wearing diapers for me is mandatory. I am a very heavy and frequent wetter so I have experienced every type of success and failure using them.

To start with, there are no perfect diapers anywhere. So the purpose of this review is to help those in the manufacture and creation of perfecting an adult diaper where improvements are necessary.Basically there are cloth and disposable diapers available in a number of different variations. I will concentrate on heavy wetters because small amounts of wetting accidents are easy to control with a limited diaper.

Disposables are handy, quick and are best used for standing or sitting. No need to launder them and they do have a treatment in them to reduce odors. The failure rate on disposables comes from bed usage especially those who are side of stomach sleepers. Disposables concentrate their absorption padding through the middle of the diaper leaving little to grab on either side.

Cloth diapers tend to be bulkier and they do require laundering. There is no odor control on a cloth diaper either. But cloth has the added ability to do much better absorption for side leaks. A big plus for heavy wetters or bedwetters.

So the trick is to find a diaper for the person who needs the specialty items to properly protect against leaking and also be comfortable.

Amount of absorption and speed of absorption are major factors is selection. Ease of changes and wetness isolation barriers is another. While addressing these, bulk becomes a major factor since that factors into what shows when wearing street clothes.

The latest purchase of a new cloth product is iDiaper. This is the closest item I have used that addresses the most needed features of my personal needs. There are times when a diaper change is not readily available. This diaper can contain up to three heavy wettings and still remain contained with the help of properly sized waterproof pants. That’s because of a special soaker insert that is mounted in a pocket within the shell of the diaper. The cloth shell facing the skin acts as a barrier to prevent the moisture to stay against the skin. The opposite side of the pocket shell is moisture resistant to help contain the wet insert as it absorbs several ounces of fluid. I do encourage the use of waterproof pants to insure proper containment especially after several launderings which can reduce the moisture barrier.

Overall the iDiaper is very adjustable with large Velcro strips to provide both a proper waist security without sacrificing comfort because the cloth material of the basic diaper is soft and pliable.  There is always room for improvements even on this product but that’s not to say that it would be easy. Side leaks for bedtime use still remains the biggest hurdle to overcome in the entire industry.

image.png

Really good info. I also do 24/7. I don't know how heavy of a wetter I am, but a cloth diaper on a good day will last about four hours. According to some sites, you should change every two hours and recommend that you buy two dozen. That's a lot! So how many have you bought and how many do you go thru during the day? Thanks for eluding to the pocket diaper... I thought you carried it around in your pocket or something. I didn't get it but now I do. Now I can try these.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, ppdude said:

Really good info. I also do 24/7. I don't know how heavy of a wetter I am, but a cloth diaper on a good day will last about four hours. According to some sites, you should change every two hours and recommend that you buy two dozen. That's a lot! So how many have you bought and how many do you go thru during the day? Thanks for eluding to the pocket diaper... I thought you carried it around in your pocket or something. I didn't get it but now I do. Now I can try these.

I have a couple from happy endings diaper company.  Work and feel great!

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/02/2018 at 2:22 AM, Somelildude said:

Can you link to the product you are talking about?

Yes I agree, idiaper appears to be a company that sells several diapers rather than an individual diaper, so its not clear which one the OP is referring to.