LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not Happy or Satisfied with something you have written

"A work of art is never finished. Only abandoned."

I can't remember who said that, and I'm too lazy right now to look it up, but it's true. At some point you have to settle for "good enough" sometimes. You should always do your best, but don't stress too much if that doesn't feel like enough. :)

Well, you yourself are your greatest critic, after all. It's a common thing for people who do creative stuff, be it arts, writing or what have you. I've come to take that feeling and put a positive spin on it. I take a look at what I'm dissatisfied with and improve on it. Knowing that there's always room to improve is one of the things that keep me doing my stuff. I've also slowly come to admit that just because I'm not entirely satisfied with my stuff, doesn't diminish what it can provide for others.

I know this feeling well.   One solution I've found:

After you finish a rough draft, let it sit for a while.  Focus on something else for a bit.  Then come back to it. If you're not happy with something, figure out why.  Description too bland?  Plot wonky? Characters flat?  etc, etc.  Then think about how you can fix it so  you're happy with it. :D

11 hours ago, sonofninasayers said:

Is it just me or does anyone else sometimes find themselves not happy, satisfied with the bits that they have written as I'm not always happy, satisfied with what I have written

I have written almost 30 chapter so my story and every time i go back to reread the early chapters i always think,

"man, I should have changed that.' or "dame, I used the wrong word.' or 'i could have made this better."

youll never really be satisfied with your own work, but even if you don't like it, the people reading it might. best thing I can say is to do what the person above said. ^^^^^