LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psyllium husk

So I've heard that some people use psyllium husk to have regular bowel movements etc, I also heard that it can help create more bulkier movements. 

I just have a few questions, 1: How much should I take (the powder form) each day? 2: Is it safe to take daily to maintain regular movements, if so, how much should I take per day? 3: Does it cause cramps and are the movements easy to "hold" or is it like a suppository / laxative? 4: How long will the effects take to kick in from when I take it, and if I take it daily is there a certain time to take it so I have bowel movements at a specific time? Morning, night etc. 

I also know you need to drink plently of water when taking psyllium husk, i drink a lot as it is. If you have any experience with psyllium husk please let me know how your experience was! :)

I don't know, it's mixed on the reviews I've read.

But I remember reading that if you eat a lot of beef, along with vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, and greens, you'll poop HUGE loads. I recall having massive loads the next day whenever I would eat a large bowl of beef stew soup with large chucks of beef.

You can buy raw fiber (Metamucil is 1/2 sugar and expensive) from places like bulkfoods.com.  I mix it with a little sugarless drink mix to make it go down easier.  I take about a tablespoon per cup of water and have taken multiple doses when I want to unload my intestines, but start slowly to make sure it doesn't give you cramps.  You can swallow unchewed corn or other things to bulk it up, too.  I haven't had good luck with laxatives working quickly, so be sure you give it time (I do it Friday night or Saturday morning to make sure it doesn't wait until I'm at work on Monday).

Having a look at the recommended dose for the psyllium husk I just happen to have ..

1 teaspoon in a 250ml glass of water. follow by another glass of water. up to 3 times a day.

I took that to get used to it for a week or so. There was a bit of discomfort /bloating until my body got used to it.

Some laxatives are quite gentle. Psyllium doesn't force anything out like Castor Oil or Dulcolax. My experience is that you know you need to go soon - and when you do need to go there is more. The recommended dosage made for a couple of big poops a day.

by upping the dose to 2x teaspoons, 3 times a day it got to the point of needing to poop a few times a day.

I've tried building up for a few days and by taking a single laperomide (anti-diarrhea) tablet each morning. I didn't really enjoy the build up process and realise that this is a risk. It was quite fun when the dulcolax kicked in and cleared it all out.

My current use of psyliium is to get ready for a weekend.

Wednesday night 1x teaspoon.

thursday morning and lunchtime 1x teaspoon.

thursday night 2x teaspoon

friday three lots of 2x teaspoon

I also have some fiber bars to snack on. That much fiber usually means poop happens early - like in the middle of the afternoon at work. Which is OK as it means the system is 'full'.

So in the evening it's either diapers on until Sunday and let things happen naturally.

Or laxative of choice. last dose of fiber around 8pm. 4x dulcolax at 12pm.

you won't get through to the morning without an emptying colon.

The best thing you can do is take some at the recommended dose and find out how your body responds. When you know you can double it and explore that.

These things are supposed to be done in moderation - daily recommended dose should be fine long term. I wouldn't want to do double doses for more than about a week, and laxatives come with their own risks. you have to find what works for you.

@OP feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions