LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetting Yourself Awake?

pppants

So in recent weeks when I've had 2-3 beers prior to bed I've not had any full blown bedwetting accidents, but have been jolted awake because my bladder has thought it was OK to pee, but my subconscious knows better. 

We've all likely been there....Sound asleep but then something seems off. Like "this isn't right, WAKE UP!

And you wake up mid-stream, or just as the damn bursts and you're at the onset of wetting the bed, but then you snap to it and realize this is bad. 

Well this has happened like 4 times in the last three weeks, so I've started wearing training pants to bed. No need for a full blown diaper, but something is needed to keep the small  wet spots off the bed. 

Since they barely get damp, I feel like a fool for putting them through the wash, plus I kinda dig the stains. I enjoy the specific yellow rings that denotes each mini accident. 

With all that said I'm curious if anyone else ever pees themselves awake?

Not yet, though not for lack of trying.  I wear thick cloth to bed every night now.  Last night, was surprised when started peeing without being consciously aware this was going to happen before it did.  Was already mostly awake though.  Maybe it'll come.

They say bedwetting runs in families.  I never did past the normal age for such things, except once that I recall when I was drunk or something.  In college in my dorm room.  I recall dreaming that I was visiting the loo.  My brother was a bedwetter all the way to puberty & beyond, or so I recall.  So maybe it'll happen.

I'd encourage you to reflect on excessive drinking.  Often takes a toll on one's health in the long run.

Slightly stained?   Dude, you need some waterproof panties over these to keep your sheets dry if that is your intention.  Also, I would get more of these as these need a trip through the washer!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You are not alone! I’ve only had about a dozen genuine night accidents in the past year, and they’ve all been exactly like the ones you’ve described. I wake up and my body clenches just as I’m starting to wet or soon after, resulting in small but not insignificant stains on my underwear/pjs or diapers. These accidents would happen close together, like 3/5 nights, then stop for a few weeks or months and then happen again in a similar pattern. I attributed them to stress as they seemed to happen during exceptionally stressful times in my life. They were always accompanied by a vivid pee dream as well.

After an opportunity to spend a couple of months in night nappies a few years back this eventually happened to me a few times.  It was towards the end of the stretch and I was wearing every night from when I got home until when I left for work and all day at weekends.

I was in the habit of having a large glass of water or two before bed and retiring slightly wet already.

More than once, I'd be having these amazingly vivid pee dreams.  On just a handful of occasions (maybe 3), I'd be dreaming that I was urinating with spectacular realism and woke up with a start to discover I was in fact peeing my nappy or just finishing a pee.

I suspect only a couple of months more and I might have had a problem on my hands as neither my lifestyle nor my partner would be conducive to involuntary bedwetting.  Others have told me that not long after that stage, the pee dreams stop but the pee remains.

2 hours ago, oznl said:

After an opportunity to spend a couple of months in night nappies a few years back this eventually happened to me a few times.  It was towards the end of the stretch and I was wearing every night from when I got home until when I left for work and all day at weekends.

I was in the habit of having a large glass of water or two before bed and retiring slightly wet already.

More than once, I'd be having these amazingly vivid pee dreams.  On just a handful of occasions (maybe 3), I'd be dreaming that I was urinating with spectacular realism and woke up with a start to discover I was in fact peeing my nappy or just finishing a pee.

I suspect only a couple of months more and I might have had a problem on my hands as neither my lifestyle nor my partner would be conducive to involuntary bedwetting.  Others have told me that not long after that stage, the pee dreams stop but the pee remains.

I think you were only a few weeks of becoming a bedwetter.

I used to occasionally wake-up when peeing my diaper at night but haven't for several years now. I lost bladder control 20 years ago this coming August. I guess that I have gotten so used to wetting at night that I just don't wake up amy longer. I always make sure that I am sufficiently protected so I never worry about leaking and if I do my bed is also protected. Nothing protects better than a double diaper covered with a pair of plastic pants. 

During the wakening period, no matter night or morning, I find myself peeing full force (whatever that is). It doesn't jolt me awake but is a gradual waking-up thing. I'll wet 3-4 times before getting up in the morning.

As to wash or not to wash, I do as Soggy does. Better to err on the safe side of caution and not give yourself an infection or irritation if you can avoid it.  :wub:

I wake up and I am peeing already or start to pee as I soon as I start to wake up in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning it drives me nuts my bidy wakes me to pee but dosent give me any time to make it to the bathroom if ai am going to pee any ways I wish my body would just let me sleep through it since its going to happen either way.

6 hours ago, Rob110 said:

I wake up and I am peeing already or start to pee as I soon as I start to wake up in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning it drives me nuts my bidy wakes me to pee but dosent give me any time to make it to the bathroom if ai am going to pee any ways I wish my body would just let me sleep through it since its going to happen either way.

Most of the time I just sleep through my wetting but sometimes I wake needing to pee or am already peeing. I have to be honest I never bother getting up I just pee in my nappy and drift back to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally wake up while wetting. I have from time to time (every one or two month) some wet episodes that went a over 3 or 4 days - and then a couple of weeks nothing (how ever - even then I have to go to the toilet 1 or 2 times in the night but without wetting the bed). I normally wake up while wetting or afterwards while im lying in the puddle... Then I know it's time to wear diapers again. After some day's it went back to normal. I have the suspect that it have something to do with snoring. 

Most of the time i sleep through my wetting, however when i'm having a restless night i tend to get woken up in the middle of peeing. It's like i'm almost conscious but not quite and the stimulation around my kitty gives me that nudge to wake up. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, scaifester said:

Based on the above experiences it sounds like people are wetting full stream which empties the bladder when they are bedwetting. I thought it was small volume leaking several times a night

Years ago I wondered the exact same thing.  Several nights of monitoring revealed that for me it is not many small releases, but rather a discrete event spanning thirty seconds or more.  Clearly, at the onset my bladder is full and then precedes to totally empty into my diaper/bed.

I think that hardly depends on the reason for the betwetting and the type of incontinence you have. Normaly You will not lose that much over the night as over the daytime because the body doesn‘t produce that much urine under normal conditions in the night. Moreover there is less stress on the muskels. How ever, if for instance the ADH level is disturbt for what ever reason this may be different. If it happens to me I also lose most of my bladder filling in one episode.

• Like 1
On 8/17/2018 at 8:12 PM, scaifester said:

Based on the above experiences it sounds like people are wetting full stream which empties the bladder when they are bedwetting. I thought it was small volume leaking several times a night

On 8/17/2018 at 8:12 PM, scaifester said:

Doesn't just about everyone wake up needing to pee? It gets worse as you get older. I'll pee a small amount and as becoming fully awake, will pee 3-4 more times! Each subsequent pee gets longer. Let the irritation begin!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 4:15 PM, mick_dl said:

I think that hardly depends on the reason for the betwetting and the type of incontinence you have. Normaly You will not lose that much over the night as over the daytime because the body doesn‘t produce that much urine under normal conditions in the night. Moreover there is less stress on the muskels. How ever, if for instance the ADH level is disturbt for what ever reason this may be different. If it happens to me I also lose most of my bladder filling in one episode.

Thats true for me. I lose bladder control in one episode and dont wake up during it. I sometimes wet again if I have to go once I wake up if the diaper or bed is already wet. I remember going to a doctor when I was young, maybe 20 or 21, and was constantly bedwetting mainly due to heavy drinking at the time. He was an older guy and kind of chuckled and said "well you could try to quit drinking" but then told me I was perfectly normal except for the 30 to 40 seconds during the night when my bladder emptied. He wrote a prescription for a drug that he said might help but I didnt like it because it made me feel drowsy in the morning and gave me dry mouth and dry eyes. I wasnt a good patient though and was bad at taking it regularly so it didnt help much.

I sometimes feel it when I start wetting at night.  When I do, I'm almost awake (just drifting in and out of dreamlets) so it isn't unusual for me to dream that I'm in bed asleep, I'm wetting my diaper, and now it's okay to go back to sleep. That's when I wake up! And that is when I could, and still can, Stop wetting even though I had already wet a little.

During the day I feel the warmth on my skin and can Stop in much the same way. But at my age good bladder health is more important than as dry diaper. So if my bladder wants to empty itself, that's what my diaper is for.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, skizics said:

I sometimes feel it when I start wetting at night.  When I do, I'm almost awake (just drifting in and out of dreamlets) so it isn't unusual for me to dream that I'm in bed asleep, I'm wetting my diaper, and now it's okay to go back to sleep. That's when I wake up! And that is when I could, and still can, Stop wetting even though I had already wet a little.

During the day I feel the warmth on my skin and can Stop in much the same way. But at my age good bladder health is more important than as dry diaper. So if my bladder wants to empty itself, that's what my diaper is for.

Excellent observation! Very well put. Wish I could express it as well as you! :D And you're right about bladdr health. Don't hold it guys, let if flow!

• Like 1