LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Creams, ointments, and oils

Just a general discussion on what everybody prefers to use

I've sampled a few

- johnson's baby oil (smells good, but next to pointless)

- jojoba oil (not really helpful in this area, but makes skin feel nice without any scent)

- castor oil (sticks well, costs a bit, better value as a laxative)

- palmers bottom butter (a fave for the texture and cocoa smell)

- Sudocrem (smells good, comes off too easily)

- Ungvita (smells f**king awful due to cod liver oil, works the best for rashes as a final resort)

any recommendations? (preferrably not through amazon which doesn't really cater to my country)

could be helpful to share this sort of info between us for future reference, especially for those who may have sensitive skin and want to find a good solution

Boudreaux's butt paste works well for diaper rash. It smells slightly of peanut butter, and looks about the same, but is soothing, not chemical smelling, and clears up diaper rash. 

Calmoseptine Cream-Hands down the best cream once you have a inflammation from chafing.  It smells strong like menthol and has a mild numbing effect when applied.  This cream is very thick as does not wipe off easily.

Balmex Multi-Treatment Healing Ointment-  This works good for healing rashes as well and also smells baby powderish which I love.

I am not a 24/7 wearer, but I was battling some jock itch or other rash that was worsened by my own scratching and had spread to my rear.  I found the best relief to be Desitin cream.  It was odorless and tingled a little, but after a few uses the rash went away.  I am not sure I would use it with underwear since it is a little messy.  

Joey 

i agree with marksmith on calmoseptine! it's what i use before i diaper up. i use gloves to apply this stuff as it is very very thick and sticky. smells nice to me, like clean with a hint of mint/eucalyptis. don't get the off-brand stuff like equate or the like, it contains cod liver oil and smells.... oddly like an islay scotch almost lol scotch and menthol. not really a nice smelling combination. 

desitin is also a favorite of mine, but i much prefer calmo.

I keep the original Dr. Boudreaux's Butt Paste around.    It doesn't stink or feel greasy.   Don't like their natural (green bottle) formula.

I have some Lotrimin AD powder that I keep as I tend to a little funkyness around the top of my legs.

I like to put on baby lotion during the day and baby oil at night. It might by unusual for a guy to smell like baby lotion but I am around enough women at work that use all kinds of sweet smelling lotions that I don’t think that anyone would be able to single me out for smelling like that. I do think it would be somewhat weird for me to be smelling like baby oil all day. Not sure what the difference would be between the two smells but I just do the oil at night. Between the lotion and the powder, my skin is beginning to feel really soft!

I'm fond of the Lavender J&J line.  I use a lavender powder during the day, and when I get out of the shower I use Aveeno lotion with J&J powder over it.  My skin is super sensitive, so I hve to be cautious of strong products; hence using the sensitive baby lines.   So far I haven't grown anything funky, and I hope to keep it that way.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:01 PM, diaperguy85 said:

i agree with marksmith on calmoseptine! it's what i use before i diaper up. i use gloves to apply this stuff as it is very very thick and sticky. smells nice to me, like clean with a hint of mint/eucalyptis. don't get the off-brand stuff like equate or the like, it contains cod liver oil and smells.... oddly like an islay scotch almost lol scotch and menthol. not really a nice smelling combination. 

desitin is also a favorite of mine, but i much prefer calmo.

I'm just going to leave this here, but I love a good high peat Scotch.  Also, I use A&D.