LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has Anyone Ever Studied Our Ethnicities?

FunTime

It's been done to a limited degree, but the results can only reflect the communication media being used. Much of the world has limited or no internet and the habits of it's use vary from place to place. So at best any studies done here will be skewed by that. Economics also plays a role for much of the world is full of people who can neither afford to have diapers or spend any significant amount of time thinking about it- they have to put all their focus into their day-to-day survival :( And doing something like this would smell of racism even if none were intended :rolleyes:

ABDL is universal- that much we have seen already- but as to true percentages of any different groups we can never really know. All are welcome here whatever their ethnicity or anything else :)

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I can't see a likely purpose to such a study other than to satisfy curiosity. Since studies cost money, I don't see it happening, particularly in these times in which so many people throw the "racist" epithet at anything they don't like or don't agree with.

"The Fetish communities in the US are largely dominating by white folks."
That would be my guess too. But I also have to say that I don't really have any idea of the ethnicity of many of the people I've corresponded with online.

25 minutes ago, KinsyInRibbons said:

I will tell you this. The Fetish communities in the US are largely dominating by white folks. I would hazard a guess is that it is socially easier for them to take the risk.

Most though?  Because my guess is that this is on the upper-cuff of white-ness, compared to other fetish groups.

It's straight curiousity but it's worth mentioning, if that is in fact the case, that we are finding that the group is predominantly white, WHY is that the case?

From there, you could have a lot of conversations as to why.

I would think that anyone, of any background or race, could be interested in this, so why is that it's predominantly white?

3 minutes ago, KinsyInRibbons said:

Did you read the rest of the post? It goes into my theory on why it is that way.

Yup, I think there's many other reasons, I would guess.

What you're saying is definitely considerable.

For one reason or another this does seem to be a very white orientated fetish. I'm not well versed enough to be able to tell anyone why but it is something I've noticed.

It seems that nearly all models and ABDLs seen in pictures of other media are white. In fact, in my decade plus time in the chat I can only, off the top of my head, remember two or three ABDLs who were black. That is a ridiculously small number for the amount of people that have been here over those years. I'm aware that no one goes into chat or anywhere else and announces their ethnicity but I can only work with data I have and everyone who does talk about or show their skin colour tends to be white. That might be confirmation bias though since most people don't share pictures or anything.

You can say the same think about religions. I know lots of atheist, agnostic and christian people on the website but every other religion seems to be severely under-represented.

It's interesting because as much as "minorities" (I don't like the word but you know what I mean) are under-represented there is definitely a case that LGBT people are over-represented. There is (seemingly) no shortage of LGBT ABDLs.

If the question is "Why is this the case?" The answer is "I have no idea."

Being little and ABDL is a lot about feeling safe and secure... Getting lost in a time with no worries or responsibilities, the only thing you worry about is leaking rather than money, politics, etc... For LGBT people who have often spent a lot of time worrying about who they are, returning to a time where no one expected or wanted anything from you can be a tremendous draw. It's the best answer I have for something that likely has many answers.

As for the fetish being particularly white... I don't know and I would be worried about being insensitive about guessing.

One thing I will say is that despite what people within the ABDL world generally believe, ABDLs are just as judgmental as everyone else. Maybe even more so.

I have seen homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism... Everything that ills society at large is a problem in our little community too. This website tries to be as welcoming to everyone as possible but members here don't always have the same attitude. I won't say it is a lot of people of even many people at all but its enough to cause this community to feel less "safe" for some groups of people.

Basically, I don't know, but it is disturbingly white in the online community.

3 hours ago, Elfy said:

Everything that ills society at large is a problem in our little community too.

Just think about how many people are banned from adisc for no apparent reason.  People aren't perfect I guess.

3 hours ago, Elfy said:

It's interesting because as much as "minorities" (I don't like the word but you know what I mean) are under-represented there is definitely a case that LGBT people are over-represented. There is (seemingly) no shortage of LGBT ABDLs.

And furries too.

3 hours ago, Elfy said:

This website tries to be as welcoming to everyone as possible but members here don't always have the same attitude.

Hence the purpose of the "don't be an @$$" rule.

It has more to do with social expectations of any given group that with races in particular, though most of the social divisions are along racial lines. I'm inclined to ask the question of what use or worth the information would be and what good could we do with it? Yes. it might be nice to know but it is also of little value. if one were an ABDL in a small minority group if might not feel so good knowing there is practically no chance of funding someone like yourself  within your social group :( So I take the position of looking beyond that and of including all ABDL's into our own one group :wub: We're special people and I want all of us to feel like that together, not apart or divided into multiple pieces. If you wish to divide or define yourself as different that's fine, but let's not do that to someone else- let them make hat decision for themselves B) And let's remember that even with all our differences we're still the same inside when it comes to being our ABDL selves.

Bettypooh

Well, if it's found that the majority participating are in fact white, then you can begin to ask why?

Is it something in the genes?  Upbringing that's somehow different than others?

That's the strange unanswered question and discussing it could pin point something, who knows?

On 1/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, KinsyInRibbons said:

The same applies to fetish behavior. A white individual is allowed a wider range of behavior, and actions, and while they may not want these things coming public (It is a risk, and a lot of lost points if the wrong person finds out, which is exactly why I don't link any of my videos, etc here.... even though I would love the views!) they tend to feel like if they made this gamble, the risk is low, because their base score is already pretty high. Most BDSM is pretty safe, it is so culturally normalized now. 

So what you're suggesting is there is white privilege and hence why AB/DLs  (may) be by majority white.

See, that's a huge statement and very interesting.

Devil's Advocate, but a fetish is not necessarily public.  It's participated in the confines of your home, in private.  You can sit on the computer all day long and watch YouTube videos and no one would know a thing.

So why would the majority still be white?  Keep in mind, whites are not the majority internet users of the world and North America does not have the fastest internet connections.

Just saying ...

(there's no "Answer")

I will have to see if I can find the original study, but the basic break down is 72% male, 68% white and 58% homosexual. Of the 28% females, caregivers are 81% straight and 71% white and female ABDL’s are 63% lesbian or bi with around 6% of the total ABDL population identifying as pan sexual. This was based off a study of 75,000 participants looking at multiple fetishes. So I would say the sample size is small since it didn’t specify how many were ABDL

• 3 weeks later...