LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Single tab/tape diapers or double tab/tape diapers?

Those of you that have tried both, do you prefer the 1 tab/tape per side, or the standard 2 tabs/tapes per side?

I think it's easier to get a good fit with 2 tabs per side, and they fit a wider range of sizes.

For example in most adult diapers I get a really good fit in a medium, but I would need to bump up to a large for the diapers with 1 tab per side.

Maybe I will try the single tab per side diapers again the next time I order from ABUniverse, but currently Little Pawz are my favorite.

I was reluctant to try the single tab diapers in the past, but I tried some from RearZ and I like the diaper.   

I'm near the end of a case and the fit has been mostly good.   I do get some sagging near the end of the use because the plastic gets stretched out, or if I don't get the diaper high enough on my waist, but that happens with all diapers.

There are two drawbacks.    The tapes are very strong, but if you aren't careful they can fold with parts of the sticky side together.   It's probably easier to control if you aren't self-changing, but it's difficult to control if you self-change.  70% of the time I'm fine, but that's still 3 out 10 that I have to mess with.   The other drawback is that there is stress point right at the connection between the back of the diaper and tab, and I've had failures at that point in more than a few of the diapers.   It's not like the fail at the beginning and the diaper is useless, but near the end of the use- they tend to fail.   

As a female, I feel that two tabs fit much better.  We have HUGE waist to hip ratio, and one tap just doesn't cut it.  Usually the leg gaps will be too tight, and the waist absolutely huge, making it difficult to pull on pants.  Then one has to worry about leaks on top of that...

Though I will say too that the two tapes system also depends on the diaper brand.  I feel as though with my Bambino Belissimo's I can get the tabs to sit nicer/more flush than brands like Molicare Slip.  ABU Little Paws fit so-so on my frame, though I've learned better technique since then.  I haven't tried with many more brands on top of that unfortunately.

43 minutes ago, crinklyplastic said:

I can't recall ever using any single tab adult diapers actually.

I do remember the plastic backed Depend diapers had 3 tabs.  

I think double tabs make the most sense.  

Well the single tab thing is something that ABDL diaper companies do on some of their range

I feel like it's mostly to make diapers that are like "oversized" (im using the term comparatively here) baby diapers, for those that want an adult sized diaper that looks and feels like baby diapers (If they were upscaled to adult size)

I personally like the diapers that have the stretch sides to them. One that I use that’s kind of a “meh” diaper, but fits awesome, is the Tena Stretch diapers. They aren’t too bad if you throw a booster pad in it, but it has one large tape on each side that stretches for a more custom fot

I see the single tape type, as being an AB wanna have thing. Harkening back to the baby diapers you may have had. 

I beleave 2 tapes work better for an adult thought. I prefer to have 2. 

2 pins (per side) work better for an adult cloth diaper as well. 

I use one pin

image.jpeg

if you are just wearing a diaper for play then a single tape diaper works just fine.. but if you plan to sleep in it and actually use it.. better stick with the double tapes.. unless you like wet beds

:no-no-baby-smiley-emoticon:

I am not much for the print diapers but when you wear 24/7 and need to change in public the ABU Super Dry Kids with one large tape per side is nice. and you can re-just the tape with out ripping plastic. To me if you want a super snug fit the 6 tapes are way to go.

3 hours ago, Glennie said:

if you are just wearing a diaper for play then a single tape diaper works just fine.. but if you plan to sleep in it and actually use it.. better stick with the double tapes.. unless you like wet beds

:no-no-baby-smiley-emoticon:

I'll disagree with that. I think a lot hast to do with body type and size. My SDK's and Kiddo's fit me extremely well and perform as well or better than some other 4 tape diapers when used as you described. 

1 hour ago, SoggySoCal said:

I'll disagree with that. I think a lot hast to do with body type and size. My SDK's and Kiddo's fit me extremely well and perform as well or better than some other 4 tape diapers when used as you described. 

I ordered the RearZ Inspire, and never had leaks at night.  It was the best night time diaper I've ever used, at least for my body type.

I used to really like 3 tape diapers when Attends and Depends seem to be the only ones you could get.  However....I've gotten used to two tape diapers and now I think the extra tape would be a hassle :)

1 tape diapers are fun but I just can't get them to fit right.  You know what?  I need more practice.  Time to go put a one tape diaper on ;)

One tape per side may work fine for little babies who's bodies are so much smaller, but as you grow and become adults, there is a lot more area a diaper has to cover and hold to.  Two tapes make more sense and allow more options for holding your diaper tighter in some areas to prevent leaks, especially around the legs. 

currently i only have four tape diapers, aside from a pack of pull-ups lol. i don't have much experience with the single tape diapers. i remember trying one or two (maybe three, i don't remember) and not really liking them. they didn't sit right, dug into my hips, and leaked. recently enough, i tried another sample pack of single tapes. i figured i haven't tried them in a few years, they could have gotten better and such. but not really for me, the same issues were still there. i can't remember what they were, but i remember a few strips of duct tape made them fit and sit much better :P

i remember the six tape diapers, and i liked them! the additional tapes made everything fit just right and felt snug and secure. shame they stopped making them, but oh well. in a way i suppose, the six tapes are still around, except the extra two tapes come on a roll in the hardware store! lol 

I was very skeptical of one tape diapers until I really gave them a try. They really surprised me though and I feel they are perfectly viable as an option for actual use (vs just for play). I like variety, so I have some Lavender and Kiddos in my diaper drawer. They are easier to change than a 4 tape diaper when I have to do a standing change in a random bathroom.

I guess I should add that I don't have a large frame... I fit into mediums with room to spare, so maybe that is why they fit me just fine whereas other folks have had problems. No leaks for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a few people say what I was going to say, it depends on body size. I prefer single tape myself, and I will tell you why; I am 5’11 and weigh 130 pounds. I have a 27 inch waist and 28 inches around the hips with no ass to speak of. I can’t seem to get the double tapes to sit right comfortably. The lower ones are either too low or the upper ones are too high. 

On 1/21/2018 at 2:23 PM, gbw_dl said:

I personally like the diapers that have the stretch sides to them. One that I use that’s kind of a “meh” diaper, but fits awesome, is the Tena Stretch diapers. They aren’t too bad if you throw a booster pad in it, but it has one large tape on each side that stretches for a more custom fot

You know, if they had better absorbancy/capacity, I would LOVE the Tena Stretch.  I'm kind of liking the stretchy sides and one large velcro fastener.  The Bambino Magnificos are also pretty good too.  For me, it's more like the diapers made for babies today.  I'm hoping to see more of the stretchy sides coming soon!

• Like 1

My wife is the one that always complains when I give her a one tape diaper to change me into.  She is adamant that they do not fit me as well as two taped diapers and at the end of the day Mommy knows best right?  

Really the only one tape diaper I love is ABU Lavender but that is more because it appeals to the lil girl in me.  I do think I can still get a one tape diaper nice and tight but it is more difficult than a two tape diaper.  My wife thinks there is no comparison.  For the most part I only wear Rearz Princess, DC Amor, Rearz Inspire + Incontrol, and ABU simples now which all happen to be two tapes making Mommy nice and happy when she changes me.

I’ve used both, and I prefer the double tape diapers.  The single tape offerings are nice and very nostalgic, but the tapes often fail to hold properly in the long run, and it is challenging to get a comfortable fit for myself.  Perhaps if the single tapes were a little larger in surface area and more adhesive I might feel different.

just my $0.02.  Your mileage may vary....

Joey

• 1 month later...