LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should I change from Abena x-plus to Cuddlz All Over Printed Diapers for night time usage?

Chris24

First of all, I want to tell you that I wear diapers every night. I can wake up and go to the bathroom ( or at least I used to be able :D) but I have to go at least 6 times a night and now I'm used to wearing it and I can sleep over the night happily. (happily, if I don't leak :D)
I would change from Abri-Form (Abena) X-Plus. It would cost a little more but not too much. Now I pay about £60 for 2 months and it contains 72 diapers. With everything else including the shipping price. The Cuddlz would cost me  £100 for 80 diapers. It's a very good price I guess. these are just my night time diapers.  I wear sometimes for the day when I feel like. ( actually I "should" wear them when I go out 'cause it's hard for me to hold back. My bladder capacity is small. I don't have accidents -Ok I just had one a few weeks ago LOL :D- but it can be very painfull. Every time I feel this I promise myself that I will wear a diaper for the day next time then I change my mind somehow... :D Convince me to wear if you can ;)! My problem is what if someone finds out and I like to dress in stretchy clothes. )
So my main question is: Should I change? Or it's better to just order a pack of 10 and see how they work? I'm actually used to breathable outers. I don't know how the plastic would feel like. 

Here is my take on it.  I too wake up to pee between 3 (rare) and as often as 8 times a night to pee, 6 times being average.  I do not wear diapers to bed because I can never fall asleep when I have a diaper on (even though I wore diapers to bed until I was 6 years old because I wet the bed).  In your situation, if you have no problems sleeping in diapers and sometimes do wet without waking up, I say continue to wear whatever diaper works for you and avoid disturbing your sleep by getting up over and over to use the bathroom.  Nothing wrong with using diapers as an aid or appliance to help you with a situation of having to pee so many times each night.  Having a better nights sleep is more important that wearing diapers to keep from getting out of bed all the time.

As far as diapers:  have the Abena's been working well for you?  Do they leak at all?  Are they comfortable or uncomfortable?  Do you have any problems with the fit, tapes holding, defects, sizing or absorbtion?  If not and they have been working well for you, I don't know why you would want to spend that much more for a different brand of diaper, especially if your not sure how well it will work if you have never tried them before.  On the other hand, you may find out that they are more comfortable than the Abena's (I don't know as I never tried them).  Maybe they will fit better and absorb more.  Maybe not.  The only way you will know is by trying them, and I say that applies to all brands of diapers.  Trial and error is how people find what they like and what works best for them.  Try starting with a pack of 10.  That way if you don't like them or figure they aren't worth the extra cost compared to the Abena's, you haven't spent a lot of extra money on a whole case.  If you really like them, then you can order a whole case of them if you want. Again, when trying any new brand of diaper you may have seen or heard about from word of mouth, take it slow with one bag to start with.  You can always get more.  Like the buffet.  Take small amounts of each thing and if there's something you don't like, you are not leaving a whole plate of it to be thrown away.  If you do like it, you can always go back for more.

Convince you to wear diapers in the day.  Ok.  First, you seem on the fence about it.  On one hand you have that small bladder and while an accident when out is rare, you say it's painful to hold it until you find a bathroom.  On the other hand, it seems most times when you say your going to wear a diaper when you go somewhere, you chicken out so to speak.  I can understand that.  Many possible reasons for everything.  First, you may use diapers for a valid reason even though not incontinent, but I think you are a DL as well.  You think of the thrill of being out wearing a diaper under your clothes and peeing in it.  It's part of being a DL.  On the other hand, you may chicken out at the last minute for several reasons.  You may be afraid people will notice you and realize you are wearing diapers, or may even laugh at you, ridicule you or say something to you about wearing diapers.  First, that won't happen unless you flaunt it and make it obvious you are wearing diapers.  For example, wearing a diaper under jeans with a long shirt is totally unnoticeable.  Wearing 2 or 3 super thick diapers at the same time with thin skimpy shorts with a Winny-The-Pooh shirt and a pacifier around your neck will get you noticed in a hurry!  You just have to build up the confidence to wear diapers out among people.  Start slow if you are nervous about it.  Go to a park with few people about.  Walk around.  Then work up to maybe walking around town out in the open without a lot of people but with some.  Eventually you will realize no one is taking any notice of you (don't walk around acting nervous like something is wrong) and that is positive reinforcement.  Soon you will be totally comfortable walking around WalMart in your diapers and wetting when you nee to, because even then people will not know you have diapers on and will not take notice of you!

The other situation you may be feeling about not wearing diapers in the day when you go out someplace is you might feel it will cause you actual loss of control or bladder incontinence. especially with your small bladder, the pain you have holding it and having to pee 6 times a night.  I wouldn't want to ever be incontinent myself and this all depends on your feeling about it.  Do you want to wear diapers more and more, go 24/7 and end up losing your control, or do you just want to wear in the day now and then for convienience of not having the pain of always holding it or trying to find a bathroom?  You still have your control and you can keep it and maintain it by holding your pee and not just letting it out whenever you feel the slightest urge.  For example, I'm sitting here now in my diaper and I'm peeing small amounts every few minutes.  When I take off my diaper I will  easily go 4 or 5 hours before I head for the bathroom.  I can pee small amounts every few minutes when I'm in a diaper, but when not in a diaper I have full control.  I have been doing this for more years than you have been alive.  At some future point you may end up incontinent when your old, but not from wearing diapers if you choose to hold it and not always let loose at the slightest urge.  your chance of becoming incontinent would be more due to your small bladder over time as you get older, and even that will probably never happen. 

To sum it up, if you are afraid people will notice you are wearing diapers under your clothes and that's why you decide at the last minute not to wear diapers when going out, forget about that!  No one will know, believe me, and you just have to do it and build up your confidence in wearing diapers out in public.  If you are worried about becoming diaper dependent if you wear diapers in the day when you go out, just make sure that you still hold it and excersize bladder control so that won't happen.  Remember, just because you decide one day to wear diapers for convienience and not have the pain of having to hold it until you can find a bathroom doesn't mean that you have to always wear diapers when you go out.  Depending on where you are going, what you are doing, how long you will be gone and how close a bathroom is available, you may decide this may be a good time to wear a diaper for the convienience, while another time it's not really necessary.  You can also keep in mind that you don't have to wear a thick premium night time diaper in the day that may be more bulky.  Wear a thinner diaper and if you are close to a restroom, use that.  If you aren't close to a restroom, use your diaper instead.  Just because you are wearing a diaper doesn't mean you can't still use a restroom when one is close by!  Look at day diapers as an option you have that you can use but don't have to if you don't need to.  Better to have and not need that need and not have.  Another way to look at it is a person walking with a cane or wearing glasses.  The guy can probably walk without his cane but it aids him and makes it easier for him and less likely he will fall and have an ACCIDENT.  A guy can see without glasses but not clearly.  Glasses help so he can see clearly and not run into something and have an ACCIDENT.  Wearing a diaper will make it less likely you will have an ACCIDENT in your pants that people will notice. 

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Here is my take on it.  I too wake up to pee between 3 (rare) and as often as 8 times a night to pee, 6 times being average.  I do not wear diapers to bed because I can never fall asleep when I have a diaper on (even though I wore diapers to bed until I was 6 years old because I wet the bed).  In your situation, if you have no problems sleeping in diapers and sometimes do wet without waking up, I say continue to wear whatever diaper works for you and avoid disturbing your sleep by getting up over and over to use the bathroom.  Nothing wrong with using diapers as an aid or appliance to help you with a situation of having to pee so many times each night.  Having a better nights sleep is more important that wearing diapers to keep from getting out of bed all the time.

As far as diapers:  have the Abena's been working well for you?  Do they leak at all?  Are they comfortable or uncomfortable?  Do you have any problems with the fit, tapes holding, defects, sizing or absorbtion?  If not and they have been working well for you, I don't know why you would want to spend that much more for a different brand of diaper, especially if your not sure how well it will work if you have never tried them before.  On the other hand, you may find out that they are more comfortable than the Abena's (I don't know as I never tried them).  Maybe they will fit better and absorb more.  Maybe not.  The only way you will know is by trying them, and I say that applies to all brands of diapers.  Trial and error is how people find what they like and what works best for them.  Try starting with a pack of 10.  That way if you don't like them or figure they aren't worth the extra cost compared to the Abena's, you haven't spent a lot of extra money on a whole case.  If you really like them, then you can order a whole case of them if you want. Again, when trying any new brand of diaper you may have seen or heard about from word of mouth, take it slow with one bag to start with.  You can always get more.  Like the buffet.  Take small amounts of each thing and if there's something you don't like, you are not leaving a whole plate of it to be thrown away.  If you do like it, you can always go back for more.

Convince you to wear diapers in the day.  Ok.  First, you seem on the fence about it.  On one hand you have that small bladder and while an accident when out is rare, you say it's painful to hold it until you find a bathroom.  On the other hand, it seems most times when you say your going to wear a diaper when you go somewhere, you chicken out so to speak.  I can understand that.  Many possible reasons for everything.  First, you may use diapers for a valid reason even though not incontinent, but I think you are a DL as well.  You think of the thrill of being out wearing a diaper under your clothes and peeing in it.  It's part of being a DL.  On the other hand, you may chicken out at the last minute for several reasons.  You may be afraid people will notice you and realize you are wearing diapers, or may even laugh at you, ridicule you or say something to you about wearing diapers.  First, that won't happen unless you flaunt it and make it obvious you are wearing diapers.  For example, wearing a diaper under jeans with a long shirt is totally unnoticeable.  Wearing 2 or 3 super thick diapers at the same time with thin skimpy shorts with a Winny-The-Pooh shirt and a pacifier around your neck will get you noticed in a hurry!  You just have to build up the confidence to wear diapers out among people.  Start slow if you are nervous about it.  Go to a park with few people about.  Walk around.  Then work up to maybe walking around town out in the open without a lot of people but with some.  Eventually you will realize no one is taking any notice of you (don't walk around acting nervous like something is wrong) and that is positive reinforcement.  Soon you will be totally comfortable walking around WalMart in your diapers and wetting when you nee to, because even then people will not know you have diapers on and will not take notice of you!

The other situation you may be feeling about not wearing diapers in the day when you go out someplace is you might feel it will cause you actual loss of control or bladder incontinence. especially with your small bladder, the pain you have holding it and having to pee 6 times a night.  I wouldn't want to ever be incontinent myself and this all depends on your feeling about it.  Do you want to wear diapers more and more, go 24/7 and end up losing your control, or do you just want to wear in the day now and then for convienience of not having the pain of always holding it or trying to find a bathroom?  You still have your control and you can keep it and maintain it by holding your pee and not just letting it out whenever you feel the slightest urge.  For example, I'm sitting here now in my diaper and I'm peeing small amounts every few minutes.  When I take off my diaper I will  easily go 4 or 5 hours before I head for the bathroom.  I can pee small amounts every few minutes when I'm in a diaper, but when not in a diaper I have full control.  I have been doing this for more years than you have been alive.  At some future point you may end up incontinent when your old, but not from wearing diapers if you choose to hold it and not always let loose at the slightest urge.  your chance of becoming incontinent would be more due to your small bladder over time as you get older, and even that will probably never happen. 

To sum it up, if you are afraid people will notice you are wearing diapers under your clothes and that's why you decide at the last minute not to wear diapers when going out, forget about that!  No one will know, believe me, and you just have to do it and build up your confidence in wearing diapers out in public.  If you are worried about becoming diaper dependent if you wear diapers in the day when you go out, just make sure that you still hold it and excersize bladder control so that won't happen.  Remember, just because you decide one day to wear diapers for convienience and not have the pain of having to hold it until you can find a bathroom doesn't mean that you have to always wear diapers when you go out.  Depending on where you are going, what you are doing, how long you will be gone and how close a bathroom is available, you may decide this may be a good time to wear a diaper for the convienience, while another time it's not really necessary.  You can also keep in mind that you don't have to wear a thick premium night time diaper in the day that may be more bulky.  Wear a thinner diaper and if you are close to a restroom, use that.  If you aren't close to a restroom, use your diaper instead.  Just because you are wearing a diaper doesn't mean you can't still use a restroom when one is close by!  Look at day diapers as an option you have that you can use but don't have to if you don't need to.  Better to have and not need that need and not have.  Another way to look at it is a person walking with a cane or wearing glasses.  The guy can probably walk without his cane but it aids him and makes it easier for him and less likely he will fall and have an ACCIDENT.  A guy can see without glasses but not clearly.  Glasses help so he can see clearly and not run into something and have an ACCIDENT.  Wearing a diaper will make it less likely you will have an ACCIDENT in your pants that people will notice. 

Thank you for the help :) Yes, I'm a diaper lover but I label myself as a Little cause it's just the diapers which are slightly sexual for me. Being a little and doing childish things like wearing a cute t-shirt with my favorite anime or cartoon characters is not a kink for me. Abena is a good diaper but it can leak when I drink lots of water. this diaper brand is very comfortable and I like it so much but I have some problems with the sizing. The front of the diaper is too long for me and I have to fold it back or cut it off. But it's not a big problem. anyways thank you for your long and helping answer :)

So, I could try these diapers and they are very uncomfortable. They are cute and everything else but the plastic irritates my skin. I have very sensitive skin and the plastic backing doesn't feel good on it. I guess these diapers are not designed for everyday usage but for fun. I think I will get some thinner diapers like abri form M1 or M2 for daytime usage. they are thin enough and still has the soft and comfortable breathable outer. I won't use them all the time just when I have to. At home, of course, I'm diapered and I use them but I don't really want to become diaper dependent all the time. :) I thought about it and found out that even if I wanted I could not stop wearing to bed cause I'm so used to them by now. They are so soft and comfy and I just can't get up in the night anymore...

When I first tried the new  betterdry diapers in a. medium  I ended up with a rash somthing in the plastic they used irritated my skin  i put them away for a few weeks and went back to my dry 24/7s I decided ro try them a gain and this time no rash they are my main diaper of choice now. 

are you using plastic backed diapers or cloth backed if you are using cloth dry a plastic backed version of your regular diaper to see if it also irritates your skin if it does then you will have to stick with what works for you. 

Since sometimes you have leaks with the M4 when you drink a lot of water and the diaper comes up too high in the front, then I say try other premium diapers, but one pack at a time.  you may find some work worse and some work and fit better.  Go with what works, fits and feels best if it's within your budget.  I knew a guy I worked with years ago, he was in a wheel chair and worked in my office.  He had an allergy to latex and some plastics and couldn't even be around a balloon.  I wondered how he made it as a baby if he couldn't wear plastic disposable diapers or plastic or rubber pants.  If you have sensitive skin and plastic backed diapers irritate you, it's possible you may have a slight allergy to plastic in that area of your body.  Seems you don't mind the cloth backed diapers so if they work well for you and the plastic ones all irritate you, do what Rob110 said and stick with cloth backed diapers.

Continue to wear to bed every night.  Not a thing wrong with that at all because you are used to it and do have some accidents now and then, besides having to pee multiple times each night.  When you wake up to pee, if you don't already do this, roll over on your back or stomach to pee if your a side sleeper.  Even with premium diapers, they can leak for side sleepers due to their design and lack of padding in the sides.

I like the idea of you wearing thinner M1 or M2 diapers when you go out in the day.  Like you said, maybe not all the time but they are there if you need them.  It will help you keep some balance between normal life and your diaper lifestyle if you wear them some times when out and not every time.  Choose when you eel you may benefit the most form being diapered when you go out depending on your plans.  If you are 100% in diapers all the time when you are home, that makes it being close to wearing all the time.  Having a break from diapers when possible helps promote a good healthy regular lifestyle so you aren't always fixated on diapers or they are not 100% of you life.  Even when home, spend some time out of diapers.  It gives you a break, helps your skin air out a bit and will possibly help keep your bladder control better when you have to hold it and not just let loose because you have a diaper on.  It also allows you to mix things up some.  That way you can wear mnore when you go out places, less at times when home and it will still add up to about the same amount of time in diapers.  It's just that instead of always being in diapers when home and rarely being diapered when you go out, you spread your diaper time more evenly throughout a day.  At home you are close to a toilet, so you can use it in the day to help keep your sphincter control, air out your skin, save a little diaper money and give yourself a normal break from diapers.