LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would You Relocate?

dlsafrica

Would you move country?

If you asked me this in 2011, I was all ready to climb into a wine vat and bob across the ocean to Brazil.

I haven't ever tended to let time and place define me. Yet that's what tends to happen since I can't save up to, for example, move.

But my best friend is now in Norway and I keep getting pictures and videos of snow. I want snow so bad... and I want to be with my best friend. And she happens to be engaged to the closest thing in the world I have to a sister.

If I get a job this year I can try to just save up so at least I can visit them once a year...

I would go for Brazil or Portugal too since I know the language, but I have been learning Norwegian for 4 weeks too now.

When you want to do something badly enough, you will find a way to make it happen. I saw a TV series where a guy went around the world with essentially no money to start out with. He worked for his food and lodging and on the ships which carried him across the seas. He took rides with whoever was going his way on land. Not always easy or quick but with a smile and willingness to take whatever you can get this is possible for most people :) Those of us needing diapers would have a much tougher time of the logistics but I think it could still be done.

150 years ago the average person traveled on foot. Animals for transportation were beyond the average person's budget- at best they might have had a hand-cart or could pool their resources with someone else going in the same direction and share the costs of a cart or mule and wagon. At least 1/4 of the early American western settlers crossed the nation on foot over thousands of miles of sometimes harsh land B) And during the 1930's depression many people traveled the US on foot looking for sustainable work or at least regular meals.

If I wanted to go from SA to Norway the first thing I'd do is head to the nearest port, then talk around to learn something about working aboard a ship. Then I'd find a ship who would let me work for passage to anywhere than got me closer to Norway. Repeat the process as needed and eventually you will get there :D Anything you can do to gain credentials as a seaman will greatly help that process. Just be certain that when you do reach your destination you have arrangements made to allow you to stay there for however long you want, as many EU nations are becoming harder to emigrate to these days. The younger and more work-skilled you are, the better your chances are of gaining citizenship elsewhere ;)

Many years ago I decided I wanted to travel to California and back, all the way from the east coast. I had a motorcycle which I felt could make the trip and I calculated what I thought it would cost :biker_h4h: My job didn't pay a lot but I could save some money each week. I cut my living expenses to the bone to get the needed money faster, and eventually I was ready. With a bit of help from nice people along the way I was able to make it there and back but just barely- I was almost broke when I got back home. Hunger was the usual as was camping wherever I could pitch my small tent- no comfort but I managed. That trip is one of the highlights of my life- a dream come true that still brings me smiles thinking about it :girl_happy: I wanted to do it badly so I made it happen and you can do the same if you want it that badly yourself. Your only limit in life is you  :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

11 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

But my best friend is now in Norway and I keep getting pictures and videos of snow. I want snow so bad... and I want to be with my best friend.

I would go for Brazil or Portugal too since I know the language, but I have been learning Norwegian for 4 weeks too now.

Be paitent!  If Trump has his way, we will get more people here in the USA from Norway instead of people from ****hole countries and your friend may move back.

I decided to leave while I was still in school but I listenend to my parents and got an education first and as soon as I finished with my technician studies and a few months of experiance I packed up and left South Africa and have never looked back.that was over 25yrs ago.You want to do it set your mind to it and do it.

I used to have a green card number for the USA at one time for I really wanted to follow in my brothers footsteps. He married a lovely American girl and he emigrated to the USA some 37 years ago. I met my now ex-wife only a couple of months prior to the release of my emigration number and evidently never emigrated to the US, sometimes regret it. By now I feel I am too old and my health is letting me down, otherwise who knows. I am still very much in love US and love to spent my time there every so once in a while.

No. I am comfortable and happy with where I live. I have access to all my medical needs (and they're covered) and I feel like where I live does a lot better at protecting my rights as a trans  woman and that's a huge deal to me.

I would very likely be putting myself up for potential harm if I moved somewhere else or, hell, vacationed in another country. 

I absolutely HATE living where I do because of the harsh winters, but I can't afford to move I curse my father every day for not moving us down south when we were really young. Then I see that some of the southern states have had a taste of winter this year and feel that to escape all the shitty snow, I'd have to move to Columbia or Brazil.

Here in the Southeastern portion of the US, it is supposed to be in the 70's today, and I live in one of the most temperate cities in the US according to the top 20 US Cities for that. Just reading BabyJune's post ...  there are so many factors to consider on moving though.  But also once you get there, the cost of living can be so much less that it makes the move worthwhile.

2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

but I can't afford to move

I once worked for a short time in Michigan during the winter and actually started crying when day after day I could see almost nothing but ice, snow, and frozen tundra.  So there's your mental health as well.  Not only that, but I put my windows shut when I was airing apt out after seeing the squirrels which had so much hair for protection they looked like small bears to me.  Once my work there was finished, I never left a state so fast.

2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I absolutely HATE living where I do because of the harsh winters, but I can't afford to move I curse my father every day for not moving us down south when we were really young. Then I see that some of the southern states have had a taste of winter this year and feel that to escape all the shitty snow, I'd have to move to Columbia or Brazil.

I never get used to the winter in the Northeast but somewhere warm sounds much better

I have lived in Michigan all my life, over 58 years, and I love it!  Yes, in winter sometimes it can get very cold and tedious.  When possible, I stay in and do things inside.  I well remember days shoveling out the driveway when it was -27 degrees, and that is actual tempreture, not including wind chill.  Many times I drove an hour to work on snow covered highways with blizzard conditions in below 0 weather.  Planning ahead and leaving at least an hour earlier, and sometimes having the highway closed due to sheet ice covering it and having to detour.  One time a detour coming home it took me over an hour to go 5 miles.  You get used to what you have to do in those weather conditions and it just becomes normal.

On the positive side, quite often our Decembers are mild, in the 40 degree weather and we never know if we will have snow for Christmas or not.  Today it's 52 degrees here, a week and a half ago it was 60 degrees for one day!  A couple of days after that it was back down to 6 degrees!  Tempretures can fluctuate quite a bit!  One Christmas here in Michigan it was 71 degrees out and felt like summer.  Even in 2016 we had a very mild winter with very little snow.  This winter has been an exception and I think I can say that for most of the country.  I think of many things living here in Michigan all my life.  To me, Christmas time means snow!  Just about every holiday TV movie and animated Christmas special shows snow!  Frosty the Snowman, Charlie Brown Christmas, Grinch, Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer and the many versions of A Christmas Carol.  When I think of Christmas, I think of snow!  Having grown up in Michigan all my life, I couldn't begin to think of celebrating Christmas or New years Day in a warm or tropical climate. 

I also know in spring around the beginning of April it starts warming up.  By mid June it's usually in the 70's and in summer, July and August tempretures can reach 90+ degrees.  I have both worlds!  Snow in winter and heat in summer.  That climate provides some of the nations best apples, cherries, strawberries and grapes along with peaches and other fruit.  Same with vegetables.  People don't often remember Michigan is known for it's Fruit Belt area.  Things to do year round.  You are never more than 5 miles away from a lake when in Michigan.  4 of the 5 Great Lakes border our state.  It's a mecca for hiking trails, beaches, hunting and fishing and in winter snowmobiles, sledding, tobogganing and skiing as well.  With all that, I can weather 2 or 3 months of cold and snow each year.  It would be boring if 365 days a year were all the same weather!