LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Slipping Quality

Would you say that Abena, Molicare, and maybe others have slipped in product quality from what they used to be?

I heard about Abena and Molicare changing; which as I understand most of the times when a product changes it goes from being good to being not as good as they used to be.

I'm wondering as I loved Abena M4s (which I recall used to be called X-Plus or something like that unless I'm mistaken) and still have a few of them to use at my leisure until  i run out of them

I also loved the Molicare Super Plus, and ran out of those a while ago.

Are they worse then before or just different?

Is this an issue with many brands, or just a few (that I'm assuming got bought out by brands that make lower quality diapers)?

I don't personally feel like the Molicare Slip is a perfect replacement for the Molicare Super plus.  The fit is most definitely there, and that I appreciate a ton.  In fact, the fit is one of the major reasons I continue to use Molicare Slip vs other diapers.  I can offer some comparison snippits between Old and New as it were.

Molicare Super Plus was plastic backed, Molicare Slip is cloth backed.
Due to being cloth backed, Slip can have the tapes re-taped, where Super Plus is a one and done deal.
Super Plus came in one absorbancy, where as Slip comes in various absorbances (if you want to change more, or pay less because you may not fully use the diaper)
Both have standing leg guards, and while testing with tighter pants (jeans) they did not leak from a moderate wetting (did not test with flooding)
Super Plus and Slip are both 4-taped with comparable fit and sizing.
Slip has thinner padding, but with new absorbancy technology, it does swell up when wet, and absorbs moisture well, leaving skin dry-feeling.

Like I said before, I don't feel like Molicare Slip is a perfect replacement product, and I will forever miss the original.  That in itself makes me feel like they might be closer to the worse spectrum, but at the same time I've had some benefits to not using the original, such as fitting under clothing better, less rustling noise, and the ability to re-tape.

Sooo....you do know that you can still get Molicare diapers in plastic...right?  In fact...I just bought a bag of them last week.  They changed the colour from purple to blue and as far as I can tell.....that was the only change.  For me...they still hold a ton.

Abena L4's are still one of my go to diapers and they haven't changed all that much IMO.  They still hold a massive amount and....out of all the diapers out there....they fit me the best.  From what I've heard Abena keeps trying to discontinue the plastic backed versions but they intend to keep making them through 2018 for the North American market.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, LittleAmytheil said:

I don't personally feel like the Molicare Slip is a perfect replacement for the Molicare Super plus.  The fit is most definitely there, and that I appreciate a ton.  In fact, the fit is one of the major reasons I continue to use Molicare Slip vs other diapers.  I can offer some comparison snippits between Old and New as it were.

Molicare Super Plus was plastic backed, Molicare Slip is cloth backed.
Due to being cloth backed, Slip can have the tapes re-taped, where Super Plus is a one and done deal.
Super Plus came in one absorbancy, where as Slip comes in various absorbances (if you want to change more, or pay less because you may not fully use the diaper)
Both have standing leg guards, and while testing with tighter pants (jeans) they did not leak from a moderate wetting (did not test with flooding)
Super Plus and Slip are both 4-taped with comparable fit and sizing.
Slip has thinner padding, but with new absorbancy technology, it does swell up when wet, and absorbs moisture well, leaving skin dry-feeling.

Like I said before, I don't feel like Molicare Slip is a perfect replacement product, and I will forever miss the original.  That in itself makes me feel like they might be closer to the worse spectrum, but at the same time I've had some benefits to not using the original, such as fitting under clothing better, less rustling noise, and the ability to re-tape.

I don't know if you know this or not, & I believe we are talking about the same diapers. I am almost sure that the Molicare Super Plus diapers are still in existence only they have changed the name & they are now Molicare Slip MAXI. Yes, the regular Molicare Slip are Cloth-backed, but unless they have changed again in like the last 3 months, the Molicare Maxi ones are plastic-backed, they are blue instead of purple.

To the OP,

Yes I am noticing these changes too & they are not for the better & all for the sake of profit & I am noticing these changes with the Abena line. This sucks.

It's good to hear that at least for this year the plastic backed Abena level 4 (M4/L4/whatever) isn't going to change.

Similarly if the Molicare Super Plus is still around and minimally changed that is also great.

I love both when boosted (I typically use either style of Goodnites as I got a lot of both on a really cheap clearance) as they can absorb quite a lot and swell good and just feel amazing, especially as they have a lower cost than ABDL diapers (which I love, but I also like variety)

I wouldn't count on the Abena M4/L4 not changing, they are seemingly thinner & I think the plastic backed ones ARE gone. Thankfully I still have like a bag & a half left of them & I am going to cherish them.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:14 PM, Rockies Fan in Diapers said:

I wouldn't count on the Abena M4/L4 not changing, they are seemingly thinner & I think the plastic backed ones ARE gone. Thankfully I still have like a bag & a half left of them & I am going to cherish them.

I'm happy to inform you that they exist on Amazon and yes they are plastic backed l4 m4 still can get them by the case

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Comfortably diapered said:

I'm happy to inform you that they exist on Amazon and yes they are plastic backed l4 m4 still can get them by the case

Thanks.