LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why do I feel ashamed about wearing diapers

Chrisdiapersbaby

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Chrisdiapersbaby said:

So I've loved diapers since I was like 10 but now that's I'm 19 I feel ashamed about my diaper fetish but I love to wear them and use them and even feeling and looking at them but for some reason I feel ashamed about it. is this a bad thing or something else 

If it results in you wearing less and saving money, it is a good thing.

2 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

If it results in you wearing less and saving money, it is a good thing.

Not if it results in him being miserable.

You need to figure out if diapers are something you truly want or something you feel like you need to put down. I assure you you're not the first person to go through this, and posting your feelings here was a good idea. I'm sure within the next few days plenty of the more seasoned members will reply and try to help you. I myself have never worn diapers so I can't be as much help as I'd like to be.

I am afraid that is not so easy to answer, but a bad thing? No not really, I think it is less harmful than an alcohol or drug addiction. A lot of personal feelings and circumstances come into play that is for sure, circumstances I have no knowledge of. Wearing diapers or wanting to wear a diaper isn’t bad by itself, as long as you are in control of your desire, basically you will harm no one with it. Yet we also know it is not what we are expected to do and falls out of the pattern as to what is considered to be “normal” for an adult. From that point on you be stuck between two complete different worlds I’m afraid, desire and norm. Feeling ashamed about your desire is to be expected, probably never really fades. We are human which makes us social beings. If all is well we all want to feel socially accepted and feel normal, being accepted and considered to be normal it is something that comes naturally with us. As an adult with a strong desire to wear (and use) diapers by choice is considered not to be normal unfortunately. So if people find out we are being labeled. I guess we all know that. And this is also where the struggle begins, in our own head. Frankly I doubt the feeling of shame about your desire will ever vanish it will diminish in time as you come to accept your desire and hopefully embrace it. As said before you’ll cause no harm to anybody by wearing diapers but you might cause harm to yourself if you allow it to do so or not careful enough to give it a proper place in your life. You found the right forum to seek answers to your questions and find support. You’ll find a lot of good people here that are willing to help you dealing with the questions you might have. Foremost it is important to find out what does it do for you, then others can help you if you want them to. Last but not least it is up to you to decide, is it me or not.

I think the first thing you need to do is to honestly determine whether you can live without diapers or not. Most of us here are in that last category- this is a need which will never go away for us :whistling: It you determine that you're like us then welcome to the club. We've all had to deal with the feelings of shame and weirdness but in time you simply learn to accept it and go on with life as best you can from there. This does not need to ruin your life but it does need to be handled well ;) What is important here is self-honesty- denial of yourself does not work and you can never be happy like that. In fact self-denial can lead to much larger mental problems so don't go there. If you need a place in your life for this then create it and manage it in a way that does not cause you problems- that's what the rest of us do B) If you determine that you can walk away from this then that is your best option- just don't be surprised if it returns with a vengeance someday. 

You can have a great life either way as long as you don't deny yourself in the process :D

Bettypooh

As long as you are buying them yourself and not trying to force it onto anybody there is nothing to be ashamed about.

I think for most of us there is this psychological aspect about it, that our parents potty trained us to get out of diapers, and we need to get over that to really enjoy diapers and have no shame about it.

Many of us do the "binge and purge" thing at least once or twice before we realize there is nothing wrong and this is part of who we are.

This is actally a easy answer.

Your ashamed to wear diapers stems to what you were taught about diapers during potty training.

Most if not all are taught that diapers are bad at a time when your self awareness starts to kicks in so that teaching becomes a imprint that sticks with you for the rest of your days.

So when you're wearing diapers again. Just remember that you were taught to feel like that about diapers. Perfectly normal feeling! No worries!!

Your age also works against you here as well in a hormonal sense.  As a young man you are producing a lot of testosterone during this period of your life and that can affect your feelings about diapers.  This was the only time in my life I did not have any desire to wear diapers.  Being a man and wearing diapers in counterintuitive and will allow for confusion and guilt during this stage of your life.  Essentially your body and the hormones it produces becomes your enemy here.  In time I believe these feelings will pass for you even if it means you have to take your diaper off for a little while.