LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bored

3 minutes ago, Rift The husky said:

There is always YouTube and if you have a smart phone you can download movies from Google play. Do you have a video game console? If yes you can play video games

Yah that's what I did earlier. Not into video games. Prefer old fashion board games. I like to tinker and work on my old truck but wife won't let me do any work until I get the doctors all clear. I am feeling good the last few days and now am bored. That's probably a good thing.

Maybe you can get  a metal modeling kit from Amazon they have some pretty cool ones like old fashioned cars,  dragons, star wars models you can build and more if you would be interested in giving this a shot one day

3 minutes ago, Rift The husky said:

Maybe you can get  a metal modeling kit from Amazon they have some pretty cool ones like old fashioned cars,  dragons, star wars models you can build and more if you would be interested in giving this a shot one day

Now that is a good idea. Doesn't help me today, but have not done that in a while.

I'm glad you like the idea of metal modeling kits I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but I wish you well

I take that back have you ever tried working with yarn that always helps me 

If you have a local hobby shop, stop in and pick up a couple model kits.  Since you like working on car, get some car kits, airplane kits or even ship models.  You can spend weeks of spare time painting and detailing them and once done you have something you can be proud of to display.  Likewise, get a jigsaw puzzle.  They have many different puzzles with old cars, Christmas and winter scenes, you name it.  If you put it on a large white foam poster board, you can move it on and off the table, especially if you also put another foam poster board over the top and use clothespins to hold the two boards together so the puzzle pieces won't fall out.  After all, you can only watch so many reruns of The Brady Bunch before going nuts, especially if snowed in by bad weather!

Then there is that horrible 4-letter word: BOOK

• Like 1

I can't help but recall when my best friend lived next door and the power went out. He was a TV addict and his roomie was a gamer so they got totally shut down. I knew I'd be getting a phone call from him and sure enough that happened. It went something like this:

Him- "Whatcha doing? The power's out all over"

Me- "Reading a book and listening to the radio. Yeah, I had to turn the battery radio on when the stereo quit"

Him-"Oh" then some silence

Me-"Yeah, its getting dark so I may have to light a lamp to finish my book"

Him- "Oh. We'll we're bored over here"

Me- "Too bad. Y'all can come over here if you want, I've got plenty of books and games"

Him-"I think we'll pass on that"

Me-"OK then. Well let me get back to my book, see ya later"

Him-"See ya"

And I did just that as the power stayed out well into dark but I hardly missed it :lol:

Bettypooh

If your power goes out, there is always knowing how to play acoustic guitar and piano, or ever a battery powered keyboard or, if you are into games, a laptop or tablet or your mobile. You would be surprised what you canh get away with with a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. The screen is almost ideal for pinball. My battery powered Casio wk3500, acoustic 12-string and battery powered Tascam 8-track Pocketstudio and it is like the outage never happened

I have a CD boom box that also plays MP3's.  It runs on AC or batteries.  I have a large collection of MP3 radio shows on CD, shows from the 1940's like Jack benny, Fibber McGee & Molly, Lone Ranger, Dragnet, many others.  I am a voracious reader and have a ton of books, many I have read several times.  I can always find something to do.

I do illustration from time to time.  When Hurricane Sandy hit, I had my wisdom teeth removed and was out of power for 10 days.  If I was conscious, I couldn't do anything physical without becoming insanely dizzy.  I colored many coloring books that week...

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I have a CD boom box that also plays MP3's.  It runs on AC or batteries.  I have a large collection of MP3 radio shows on CD, shows from the 1940's like Jack benny, Fibber McGee & Molly, Lone Ranger, Dragnet, many others.  I am a voracious reader and have a ton of books, many I have read several times.  I can always find something to do.

I have a palm-sized SanDisk Fuse that will do that. AND the content can be kept on Micro-SD, Micro SDHC and Micro SDXC   and it will play those. It has a rechargeable battery.My phone has a 128 GB SDXC card that is good for media. You can get audio books from LibriVox or Internet Archive (Home of the Wayback Machine). If you have something with a screen, you can get ebooks from IA. If you can download a vid from YouTube, you can use Audacity to make an MP3 of the audio by way of ffmpeg_for_audacity then one of the effects-conversion-export as mp3 chains. In my general purpose laptop, I have all my vids and mp3 audio on an SD card

Given all that I have, if there is a power outage, I am feeling no pain

On 1/19/2018 at 8:14 AM, Little Christine said:

Then there is that horrible 4-letter word: BOOK

Books are always my first go to lol my wife says I read too much, I never knew there was such a thing 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I was feeling brave and worked a half a day yesterday. Didn't go do good. Came home after lunch and slept until this afternoon. To all those people who said that scary word BOOK. That's what a good mommy reads to me. If it was really good they would have put it on TV. I never thought of coloring books. Thanks for that one. There were a lot of good ideas. I need them as it looks like I may be out of work another week.