LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another night in the ER

DailyDi

Spent last night in the ER again with bad abdominal and back pain. Doc thought it was my gallbladder, but seems it's my pancreas again. Home now, living on pain pills and bland food. Will be on the DL for the weekend at least!

I have had a couple of attacks of pancreatitis. I do not want another one, ever. After the second one the doctors finally convinced me that they should remove my gall bladder - they were fairly certain the second attack had been caused by a small gallstone lodging in the duct from the pancreas. So far so good....

I 100% agree on emergency rooms.  Unfortunatly, with some things like late night problems and heart problems you don't have much choice.  I have found (even with insurance) a medical clinic is cheaper and they do just as good or better.  I've gone there for bronchitis, stitches and other things when I can't get in to see my doctor that same day.  The wait is based on severity of your problem regardless of who may be there before you, just like the emergency room.  Emergency rooms will take a person having a heart attack before someone with a bad cold or cut arm.  Often the medical walk in clinic will refer you to the emergency room for heart problems and some other emergencies, but for a lot of things they are great when you can't get in to see your doctor and need treatment that day.  The biggest difference is the end cost.  It's more in line with a doctor office visit as opposed to an emergency room.