LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Eating healthy is expensive

Muscle burns more calories so once I started working out, that could explain why my metabolism increased so I am able to eat more food and I don't have to feel I am starving myself to keep thin. I basically have to eat sweets to maintain my weight or else the weight will keep dropping. Working out keeps my muscle mass. 

Many people out there have actually reduced their blood pressure numbers back into normal ranges while following a Keto diet.   Its not strictly anecdotal either as my blood pressure normalized after following a keto diet and losing 60 lbs. 

I'm not sure where Jason is getting his information but he is misinformed.

There are lot of fatlogic myths out there that justify obesity and people being overweight. In fact very few people are overweight because of a medical condition, most people just eat too much or eat the wrong foods that are high calorie density. Plus most people think they are eating healthy but don't know about the calorie count thing and toppings are calories and so are drinks they have, those all count.You don't have to eat too much to not lose weight or to gain weight, you can eat very little and still not lose weight because of the kinds of foods you are eating that are high calorie so you are giving your body the calories it needs to maintain its weight. Plus you don't need to eat every time you feel hungry. The problem with that is most people mistake thurst for hunger or boredom for hunger and if we ate every time our brains told us to, we would all be heavy. Also IMO telling kids to clean their plates and making them finish their food is a way to set them up for obesity and also when your stomach is used to always being full and always having large portions, you will eat that much and always feel hungry when it doesn't have all that food. Over time your stomach will shrink when you eat smaller portions and cut out snacking and you will get full faster eventually and not eat as much and you will feel less hungry. Most people will snack when they are concentrating or thinking like if they work at a desk job. 

Misinformed, fat logic myths. I had to google that latter term by the way. I am just stunned. I tried to explain psychologically why people fail in trying to lose weight, but all I hear are anecdotal observations of the state of being obese and bad diet advice. That is the theme of this thread. Drynot, the Keto diet could have been dangerous if your high blood pressure was caused by high cholesterol, since it seems most of the foods in the diet are high in cholesterol. Just go to you doctor. I am banging my head on my desk now. Stay scientific everyone.

Go ahead and keep banging your head against that desk Jason.  Studies are now coming out that refute the effect of dietary cholesterol on bloodstream cholesterol.  I've been to my doctor and he says keep doing what I'm doing.  So who is right?  At the end of the day.....who is right?

Find out what works for you and stick with it.  If you find that going Vegan is your best choice....then do it.  If you like going to gyms and working out....then do it.  It's really a no brainer.  Keto works for me and I know it works for others as well.

I am finding all the responses interesting. Learned a few things. Never thought my plight to loose weight and eat healthier would bring up this many ideas. Surgery is not for me or the only way to loose weight. The only true way I have ever seen some one loose weight and keep it off, surgery or not, is a life style change. I should not be calling it a diet. I am changing my lifestyle. Not just what I eat but how much I eat and how much junk food I consume. I am also trying to find a way to exercise some way besides my normally active life style. ( Currently I'll but getting better) It will need to be some thing I can live with forever from the food I eat to the portions and exercise I do. Or as many have said it will come right back. Sadly I am at a lull and haven't lost much. I am thankful for all the ideas and ways to eat healthier on a budget. Keep them coming. I will keep trying.

• Like 1

Four Years ago while undergoing pre-op tests my doctor diagnosed me as type 2 diabetic, I had high blood pressure and nearly 100 pounds of excess fat. My surgeon refused to replace my knee until I lost 50 lbs. Seven weeks later I went in for my pre-op consult 60lbs lighter and blood sugar hovering around 110. Since then my blood pressure is around 115 without any medication, my A1-c is under 6 and I still need to lose another 40lbs. My doctor is jealous, she can't lose weight or get her blood sugar and blood pressure under control without medication.

I did drastically change my diet. Cut out 90% of the refined sugars, found some greens that didn't turn my stomach, reduced my bread and fat intake and increased my vegetable consumption. My lunches consisted of salad and a can of sugar free fruit, dinners are vegetables, lean meat and salad. Snacks are nuts or fruit.

I still eat ice cream, cake, chocolate, pie and pastries, and have a beer. The difference is that I have much smaller portions and rarely more than once a week. We eat fast food or in a diner about once a month, or while on vacation.

Our food bill has been drastically reduced, by eliminating prepared foods, and eating in instead of out. We now spend the extra on pet food and feeding wildlife,

I too am trying to do like OP. I have lost about 10 lbs so far, with about 80 more to go. I've gotten to where I am now eating a lot more fruit and veggies, as well as not eating out quite as much. I still need to be better about snacking, and getting myself to snack on smaller portions of fruit and or veggies if I do. I have also started actually using my exercise area downstairs more. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so that I can go for walks outside again.