LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Small Frosty (Complete!)

New story from the creative minds of Sophie & Pudding!  Actually this one was my idea, so I'm really proud of it.  It's a slow regression story, but I think there's enough content to keep everyone engaged.  The story is also available on Patreon for supporters in ePub and PDF formats.  I hope you enjoy it!

Small Frosty Pt. 1
by: Sophie & Pudding

1.)

I sat quietly at the kitchen table, playing with the ring on my finger.  Remy was working late again - he always worked late on Fridays.  I just thought maybe tonight would be different.  He would get home and there would be a huge surprise dinner for him!  I started preparations at noon.  But as I played with the ring on my finger - a ring he'd given me no more than a year ago - I knew it was all for nothing.  I licked the tip of my finger and squeezed the flame out of the candle.  Maybe he would have some free time this weekend, I thought.  We could go to the aquarium, like we used to.

Wednesday had wasted so much money on that meal, money that had been earmarked for other, more important things. What had possessed her to be so compulsive? I'd told her long in advance about last night, I'd told her and all she ever cared to remember was what suited her and her fairy tale narrative. Ugh. I was still in my work suit at five in the morning, washing dishes and throwing away food she couldn't even have the good sense to put in the fridge for leftovers, while the love of my life was sleeping on the sofa, drooling on the fabric again. "Wake up." I nudged her gently, my tone warm and soft as it always was. “Come on, up to bed with you." Don't ask me to carry you, don't ask me to carry you, don't ask me to carry you... why was I even fighting it in my head? It was her trademark move.

It was morning?  The sun was just barely poking through the windows, which I'd forgotten to close.  I looked up at Remy with a small, sleepy smile.  He was still in his work clothes, though?  When had he gotten home?  Had he worked all night?  Was it Saturday?  Too many questions... too sleepy... "Carry me?" I asked with a little pout.  I was impossible to refuse.

It was hard to mount any kind of protest against Ginger’s insinuations that I was engaged to a child in an adult’s body when she went and did things like that. Ever diplomatic and warm, kind even when I was annoyed with her, I leaned down and scooped her up into my arms the same way I always had. It was easy when she barely bristled 5’1. "You know you're not allowed to sleep on the couch, you goofball."

"I was waiting up for you." He picked me up under the legs and I wrapped my arms around his neck.  He looked tired.  He really had worked all night, hadn't he? "Sleep with me for a while?  And I thought today we could go to the aquarium, or we could see a movie?" It felt like I hadn't seen Remy in years!

"We'll see, Frosty.” Because one of us hadn't already slept the whole night.  Honestly she should have been asking what she could do during the day while I slept, but expecting that much level of adult initiative of Wednesday was naive of me. Ginger was right about her. I mean, she wasn't. I was just tired and irritated.  Wednesday was my fiancée and I needed to be more understanding about her personality. But sometimes she made it hard.

He had to shower.  I told him I could shower with him!  But the second he put me down on the bed, I was out like a light.  When I woke up, it was two in the afternoon and Remy wasn't in bed with me.  I rubbed my eyes and scrambled for my phone.  He'd always text me if he went somewhere, but there weren't any texts.  He must be around here somewhere... oh, I was still in my day clothes from yesterday.

There was laughter coming from the living room when she came down the hall.  The woman with hair the color of a fire hydrant that my fiancée was none too much a fan of was setting stuff on the table for an english afternoon tea, crustless sandwiches and all. Ginger noticed we weren't alone first. "Oh heeeey Wendy, you're finally awake, and before the sun went to sleep, too! I guess I lost that bet. Go wash your hands, princess, and sit at the table." Ginger worked with children, she told me. As her night job. She wasn't intentionally condescending - it was just how she was. "Well go on, you hear what Ginger said.”

I opened my mouth in frustration and decided against it.  Ginger was one of Remy's work friends.  She worked two floors above him, in a different department.  How they'd gotten so chummy, I didn't understand.  But I hated her.  I knew she didn't mean to talk down to people, but that didn't make her any easier to deal with.  And she spent too much time with Remy... "Be right back," I said under my breath and went into the bathroom to wash my hands.

"Make sure to get under your nails, Wendy~" "She's in a bad mood, I'm sorry.  She slept on the sofa and then overslept, you know how she is." "She just needs some discipline, Jeremy." Ginger was the only one who called me by my full name, and it made me feel... masculine. I liked that. "Girls like her, her Daddy spoiled her growing up and now she thinks the world is her sandbox." "Come on Ging, she's not like that, she's just... idealistic, that's all." "You mean childish, right?"

I came out of the bathroom at the tail of the conversation.  Childish?  I gave her a harsh glare. "Are you here for something?" “I just brought some tea and cakes over." "Thanks for stopping by." I walked past her and took a cake off the tray, popping it in my mouth.  Remy knew I didn't like her.  He kept telling me I had to "get to know her better".  Why do people always say that?  Why would I want to get to know someone better if I already hate them?

"Be polite, Wednesday, Ginger is our guest. She even cut the crusts off the sandwiches, just for you." Not because it was tradition or anything. But sometimes being engaged meant understanding when the truth was not always the best option of what to say. "Would you like some tea? Go on, sit down alright, we're doing afternoon tea, it's like what they do in England." Somewhere Wendy desperately wanted to visit, once we had the money.

"Fine," I relented, and went to sit down at the coffee table in the living room.  I looked up at the two of them, working the kettle together.  Like it was a two person fucking job.  Whatever.  I knew Remy wouldn't cheat on me.  I trusted him.  I just... I sighed and leaned back on the sofa.  I wanted to go to the aquarium today... I wanted to spend time alone with him.

The sandwiches had cucumber and cream cheese, which Wednesday hated. Sprouts and butter, which Wednesday hated. And Nutella and banana, which Wednesday loved. Ginger gave me a wry smile across the living room and I rolled my eyes. "Okay, so having tea hot, that's new, right? Isn't it Wednesday? How do we take it, Ginger? Is it like coffee?" I knew, of course. Ginger and I had done this before, but I wanted my pouty faced fiancee to be involved in this.

"Not quite." The woman poured the tea and I ate one of the little sandwiches.  My fingers were sticky from the tiny cake I'd eaten, but I soon licked them clean.  Ginger passed me a teacup and the little sugar cube. "You'll like it more with this." Begrudgingly, I took the cup and dropped the cube into it.  It made the tea a little milky.  And it tasted pretty good, too!  Huh...

"See? Isn't this fun?" "This is what we grown-ups do on Saturday afternoons, you know, instead of sleeping in all day." "What's this?" "It's a sticky bun." "What's it got in it?" "It's a sticky bun, just try it, Jeremy." Sometimes she even made me feel like a kid, but she did so playfully. Ginger was much more pointed when it came to my fiancée.

Jeremy.  Ugh.  She was so fucking pretentious.  I took another sip of tea and bit into my sandwich.  When was she going to leave? "So.  Ginger.  Does this project thing keep you busy all the time too?  Remy's been working crazy hours." What did I want her to say?  Yes?  And she was alone with my fiancé every night?  I shuffled uncomfortably on the sofa.

"Oh it's such a bear, Wendy, you simply have no idea. I have another project in the evening, and then there with your boy working on the project until the sun shows its pretty face.  Sometimes when you grow up, you work two jobs, though. Don't worry too much about it, though, Jeremy's in line for promotion, so you not working won't be a big deal." "Oh, yeah." I hadn't told Wednesday about that yet. "It looks like I'm getting a promotion, doll, isn't that great?"

"...a promotion?" I tried to ignore Ginger's rude comments; she had worked with kids for most of her life, so the condescension came naturally.  It wasn't my fault I didn't work!  I got laid off, and... and well I just hadn't gotten around to getting a new job yet.  It was a tough market out there! "Does that mean you'll be working less?  You already work so much..."

"It could mean a little more hours, but..." "If you pick up the slack around here, then he won't need to come home and clean and tidy up after you, and you'll get more time together." Yeah, I'd vented to Ginger about this morning, which was probably a mistake, but her and I were becoming really close friends.

What?  What had she said?  I just stared at her, my mouth open wide, and then I looked up at Remy in frustration. "What are you telling her?!  I don't pull my weight around here?  You're always working!  Always!  And I'm here alone and..." Suddenly, and very unexpectedly, I felt tears in my eyes.  Damnit.  Fuck. "Fine.  Whatever." I got up off the sofa and went to grab my jacket.  I'd just get a fucking job.  Fuck this.

"Wait." Surprising maybe everybody, it was Ginger who grabbed Wednesday by the wrist, and she immediately pulled the crying girl into her arms like she'd done that a thousand times. I watched, gobsmacked, as she played with my fiancée’s hair and cooed gently to her, speaking too quiet for me to hear. "Nobody thinks you don't do enough, nobody thinks you're not good enough. Working isn't something for a pretty fiancée to be doing, why work for someone else? Work for your man, because he loves you. You're his princess. And you're beautiful. You're beautiful and it's okay. You're not in any trouble."

I didn't expect that.  I didn't expect her to stop me or to hold me or to... to make sense.  More than anything, I didn't expect to hug her back.  The top of my head only came up to her shoulders and I pushed my face into her neck.  She was warm.  She was a good hugger.  I still hated Ginger, I did.  But she really knew how to make a girl feel better...

"Nobody is cross with you, just try to be good going forward, okay? Will you do that? For Jeremy? He's so kinda and gentle, isn't he? He's very clever, and he loves you very much." I didn't know what happened. How my fiancée had gone from explosion to peaceful calm, her puffy red eyes the only sign once she sat back down that anything had happened. Quietly, she ate another finger sandwich.

I didn't like that I wasn't working.  I didn't like that I was stuck inside alone all day.  And I did make him dinner!  He just wasn't home to eat it.  That wasn't my fault.  But I guess I could clean up a little bit.  And maybe I could ask Lala if she knew of any part time jobs in the area... or if they had an opening at her work.  I sighed.  I was over reacting...

• Like 3

Yesterday I watched Addams Family for the first time in awhile, and then today you start a new story starring a girl named Wednesday? Coincidence? A clue: no. ;)

It's a little early for me to say how I feel about this story. Honestly the biggest thing that stuck out to me so far was: A heterosexual relationship? in a Sophie & Pudding story? Does that make me a bad person? Am I gender profiling or something?

:roflmao: Yes!  It's very strange!  I actually don't mind writing straight girls.  The problem is, Pudding and I both get so bored of writing straight guys.  But I think Remy and Wendy are great characters.  So this time it seems to be working out!

2.)

"You just need to be firm with her, and remind her of the fact that she's loved.  It's her duty to take care of your needs, just like it's your duty to protect her." Ginger kissed my cheek outside on the front stoop before leaving, and I went back inside to the kitchen where my fiancée was tidying up from afternoon tea. She seemed calmer, quieter, since her outburst. And I put my hand on her hip and kissed her forehead. “I’m proud of you."

"I don't like that woman," I said flatly, clearly annoyed.  Quiet, reserved, and annoyed.  Unlike me.  I rinsed the teacups and sighed. "She just... always acts like she's right.  And dropping by unannounced like that?  What if I was still in my pajamas?  Tea.  Ugh.  She's so..." But my complaining had turned to mumbling softly under my breath.

"You don't like her? That's strange, she thinks the world of you." I think if I'd told her something about Ginger not liking her either, Wednesday would have handled it better. But the reply I gave her made her stop mumbling altogether, and I wondered what she was thinking. Did she feel bad for not liking Ginger? Petty, maybe? Or was her jealousy still locked in a knot.

"Whatever," I said flatly.  She thinks the world of me?  Sounded like her words, not Remy's.  The world of me.  Too flourishy for my fiancé.  She probably told him to tell me that or something.  But my jealousy of Ginger was well known.  I had always been the jealous type when we were dating...

"Let's go see a movie tonight, alright? Does that sound like something fun?" It had been Ginger’s idea to reward her, but I couldn't quite figure out how to weave the words together and not sound awkward. "You were really grown up earlier, when you came back instead of storming off. And I'm proud of you, and want to reward you. Okay?" See, that wasn't too bad.

I gave him a flat glare, then finished washing the dishes.  Proud of me?  Whatever.  But a night out with Remy... alone.  I sighed and turned off the water. "Yeah... alright.  A movie.  That sounds really nice." It wasn't the aquarium, but it would do.

Before we even got to the theater, I'd picked the movie; not an arthouse sci-fi flick like I'd have chosen, or a romantic comedy like my fiancée would have chosen. I picked a kid’s film. Ginger thought that it would mean neither of us felt like we were being slighted, and I thought that was a pretty good idea. "I said you can have a candy box too, but we're going to share a popcorn and a drink, alright? You'll be up and down the entire movie if you get a drink all to yourself and we both know it, Wednesday."

"Whatever," I said with the rolling of my eyes, but my voice was bright and chipper.  I was excited!  I wore a gorgeous dress, even though the movies wasn't really a huge night out or anything.  He wore jeans, which was so sexy, because all I saw him in anymore was his work clothes.  I clung to his arm with a wide smile.  I didn't even care what movie we were seeing!  At least, not until he'd bought the tickets. "Isn't that a cartoon?"

"I think so. The reviews said fun for the whole family, and you're my family Wednesday so it seemed like the right choice." And it would prevent another bout of Wednesdays dramatics, too, which I was all about. "Don't overthink it, thinking is for executives, not pretty housewives." I kissed her forehead and squeezed her behind through her dress. "Are you going to get Mike & Ikes?"

"Like hell." He loved Mike and Ikes.  They were terrible.  I ordered cookie dough bites and we shared a pop and popcorn.  I pulled into the seat next to him and looked up at the big screen.  The place was pretty crowded with families and kids and stuff.  It made me think... "Hey.  Uh.  You still wanna do the whole kid thing right?  After we're married?" We'd talked about it before.

"I think about having a kid around the house more and more every day," was my reply, meant to be a tease at her expense, but she didn't seem to take it as such. She smiled and hunkered down against my side, getting cozy and comfortable, and I thought about us. Her. What Ginger said; that she was basically more my daughter than my fiancée. Yeah that was a weird thought, huh?

I never really wanted kids.  I mean, I did.  But down the road, you know?  I didn't want to have them right away.  If anything, I was the one postponing the wedding all the time!  Not because I didn't love Remy - I just was worried what it meant.  Once we were married, we'd start a family, and... I sighed.  I already saw so little of him.  What was wrong with wanting some time just him and me?  A couple years?  Five?

Ginger had been right. That girl was always right, wasn't she? Wednesday and I didn't fight over a movie, I just picked one. She loved it. I enjoyed it. It was nice, it was calm. I took charge "the way that men used to" and we had a good night. We even went out for ice cream after. "See, that's why you get a small, my little Frosty, you couldn't even finish all of it." And she'd wanted a large!

"I think I filled up on popcorn," I said with a pout, looking down at the cup.  It was almost gone.  I could finish it if I tried, but my stomach was already hurting.  I set the cup aside and looked up at the sky.  It was starting to get cold again, summer having only just ended. "What did you think of the movie?  I liked it.  I swear, kids’ movies get more grown up every year."

"I think it was a pretty good movie. Maybe kids are just getting smarter, so the movies are getting a little more grown-up as well, right?" Or maybe she really was just a kid at heart. “We should try and do this every Saturday night, what do you think?"

My eyes lit up at the thought.  Every single Saturday night?!  One night a week when we could actually go out and do something together, just the two of us?  I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. "Yes!  Yes, absolutely!" It would make the lonely weeks worth it.  And until Saturdays, I could hang out with Lala and try to get a job or something.  My head was swimming with ideas.

"Okay kiddo, don't get too bouncy and excited over it, it's just a movie. But it might be nice, maybe we can pick a kids’ movie every week to help us get in touch with our parenting instincts?" And prevent us from fighting, that would be nice too. "But I think we can agree no more ice cream after, 'cause my little Frosty has a tummy ache, doesn't she?" Talk to her like a kid to diffuse her. Thats what Ginger had said.

I gave him a hard look and pushed the cup of mostly-eaten ice cream into his hands. "Why are you talking to me like that?" "Like what?" "Little Frosty?" "I always call you Frosty." A pun off my name, something from a million years ago. "But not Little.  And what's with the baby talk?" Was this about wanting kids?  Ugh, we weren't even married yet!  I couldn't handle this right now.

Okay, so she was upset. What now? Did I just abort, fight with her the way we so often did nowadays? Or did I commit to Ginger’s advice? I reached across the table and took her by the chin. Firm, but not hard. And I looked into her eyes with a serious gaze. "Wendy. You're not going to talk to me with that attitude in public, am I clear? I am your fiancé, and you will show me the respect that entails. If that's too difficult for you, then perhaps I'll need to set some more serious rules." Wow. That was interesting.

...I was frozen.  I was speechless.  I just looked up at him, my chin cupped in his hand, and a blush filled up my cheeks.  What...?  What was he...?  I... I finally pulled away, shaking my head and crossing my arms over my chest. "L-Listen... I'm... I'm not ready for kids yet and you know that.  And maybe if you weren't working all the time I'd be ready sooner.  But you made your choice.  So whatever..." But all the passion and fire I'd had in my words was already gone.

"It sounds to me like you don't want me to take time out of my schedule every week to take you to the movies. It sounds like you're being a brat, Frosty. Are you being a brat? Because I'm sure we can think of other ways to spend our Saturday nights. I have a lot of work to do, an awful lot of work." Ginger was right... she was just a kid.

"No!  I..." What had gotten into him?  Was it that movie?  Was that what this was about?  Next time we definitely wouldn't see a kids' movie... "I'm sorry, okay?  I'm just... on edge.  I dunno.  Our day is almost over and Monday you're back to work and..." I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "I'm being a jerk.  I just don't like when you talk down to me like that.  Okay?" He nodded his head and I forced a smile. "Come on, let's get home."

• Like 2

I think Ginger needs to mind her own damn business! Part of me is hoping that her advice actually backfires horribly, but that they still end up together at the end & Remy kicks her teath in for interfering! But that's just me. I thought virtually the same thing aboit Martha in Little Luzy.

I didn't get the whole "a pun off my name" thing. What does Jeremy has to do with Frosty? Is it something that gets explained later ot am I just missing something obvious?

Wendy said that! :o  And if you don't get the "Frosty" pun from "Wendy" I can't really help you. XD

New chapter later today, promise.  I've been migrating some stuff to my laptop so all my stories are unorganized and it's been a huge hassle.

3.)

"Wendy!” There was a pretty sour look on Wendys face when she saw that Ginger was in the living room when she woke up the next morning. "Jeremy went to the store, but he won't be very long, why don't you go do your morning business and freshen up and then we can have a little talk together? We'll be the best of friends."

Yesterday was wonderful. After the movie, after ice cream, we had a home cooked dinner together, a very long shower, and a passionate night. Everything about it was perfect. And then the following morning - Sunday morning - I was met with that evil witch in my living room. "Whatever," I told her simply and walked back into my bedroom. A talk? What did she want to talk about?

"Jeremy asked me let him know if you were surly this morning, and I wouldn't want to have to tell him that you were. So go brush your teeth and your hair, put on some coffee, and come back and talk with me." Ginger had a pretty firm way about her, but her tones this morning seemed especially pointed, like she was working to an agenda. And particularly like she was hard to say no to.

I slammed my bedroom door and took a deep breath. Whatever. She doesn't mean to act that way. And I knew I was being unfair toward her. I knew I was being jealous and petty. I just hated how she talked to me... how she looked at Remy. Jeremy. What right did she have to call him that? I brushed my hair and went about my morning as normal, and when I went back into the kitchen to put some coffee on, Ginger was still sitting in the living room. I guess now was as good a time as any to come clean... "Hey." I stood in front of her with my mug in my hand, dressed in pajamas. "I'm really protective over Remy and... well I'm taking it out on you. I know you're just co-workers. And you don't mean to act like you do. It just... gets at me."

"Oh, babydoll, I know that.  If I thought for a second that you meant any of what you said, then I wouldn't be trying so hard to be your friend." Be her friend. There was an idea she floated out in the water. "I know you're just worried about other women in Jeremy’s life, but trust me when I tell you that you are his one and only princess, and you're both unique and irreplaceable."

See. That didn't really sound like a reassurance. But in her own silly way, maybe it was. I sighed and took a sip of my coffee. "Friends then," I resigned. Whatever. Better to have her on my side than against me. "Is that it?"

"Of course that's not it, sit down with me, tell me about that show you like; the one with the girls who fight vampire bears?" VampBearSquad16 was absolutely in every way for children, but Remy had mentioned his fiancées affection for the cheaply animated show more than a few times. It made Ginger wonder what other childish things Wendy liked.

She was trying. That was something. So we talked about a few of my interests. Some TV shows I liked. What kind of job I wanted. The usual getting-to-know-you crap. But I found out a little bit about her too. "You're a therapist?" "Back in England. I'm not licensed here. I actually really enjoy my work in marketing now." "Sounds boring.  Did you ever treat any crazy people?"

"The only truly crazy people are those who think they're beyond needing help, Wendy.  Therefore it would be a paradox for me to have treated anybody crazy, because by them admitting they need help they're automatically not crazy, now are they?" Ginger had this peculiar but not unpleasant laugh, not traditionally pretty, but endearing in its own right. "Everybody needs help with something, Wendy. It's just a fact of life."

"So what. You just talk to people and suddenly they are all better? Sounds stupid to me." "There are different techniques." "I dunno. I don't think that would really help anyone. You've gotta solve your problems - not just talk about them."

"It's like when you buy a piece of Ikea furniture. You have all the pieces to put it together, but without the instructions, how much of a chance to you have to get it right? You can guess, but you might also do it completely wrong, and then what? In my experience, most people are little furniture flatpacks, without instructions. Talking is a great way of getting the directions all figured out. That makes sense doesn't it?" She'd used an adult example first, intentionally, and then jumped to; "or like those Lego toys you like to collect!"

Oh. Hm. Well, in a way, that made sense... "Well like. What do you talk to them about? You said there are techniques or whatever?" I'd never seen a therapist. I'd never even thought about it.

"It depends on the person. Sometimes I mostly listen, sometimes I mostly talk. Occasionally, hypnosis works best. Like if somebody keeps being destructive to the ones they love, or not acting the way they want to act... hypnosis can be very effective there, for example."

"Hypnosis? Like that stage magic crap? Yeah that's not real." I had never heard of someone using hypnosis for therapy. Or at all professionally. "Must be an England thing." I knew she had lived there since college. It was only last year she moved back to the US.

"Yes, Wendy, because there are vast differences in the heads of English and American people, didn't you know? It's well established that only English people can be hypnotized," Ginger laughed that dorky little laugh of hers, and then she did something... she put her hand on Wendy’s collarbone and ran fingers up behind her ear to touch her hair. "You're cute when you're silly."

"Uh... y-yeah..." I got up from my place on the sofa and almost fell over. "I'm gonna... run to the bathroom.  Be right back." Why did she touch me like that? That felt weird. That felt... personal. I shut the bathroom door behind me and sighed. Weird...

Ginger smirked and sipped the coffee her new little friend had made her, and soon enough the door opened to herald the return of the master of the house. "Hey Ginger, where's Wednesday? Is she still in bed? I swear, that girl is never going to grow up." "You shouldn't be in such a hurry to make her; maybe her childish heart is what you like most? Maybe you should be encouraging that?" "Maybe. I guess I'll go see if she's awake."

When I came back out of the bathroom I almost bumped right into Remy. My cheeks were still a little warm, but it was so nice to see him. I put my arm around his waist and leaned into his chest. I hated waking up without him, and more and more it seemed like I did just that. "I missed you."

Encourage her childish nature, right? I could do that, that was easy. She leaned into my chest and instead of being stern with her, I ran my hand up her lower back and nestled it at the base of her neck, squeezing her in close to me. "I missed you, too, my little Frosty. You slept in a while, huh? I hope you didn't have any problems with Ginger?"

"No. Things seem pretty good." I hated to admit it, but Remy was right. All I needed to do was get to know her. She was pretty interesting, actually. And there's that saying about keeping your enemies close. She had made a pretty bad first impression, but maybe I misjudged her.

"I'm proud of you, Frosty. Would you like to invite her to stay for dinner? You could cook? I've told Ginger all about how good you are at cooking, and the meals you make. Would you like that?" I had work to do with Ginger anyway, so this would be convenient.

"Yeah I guess. I thought I'd go see Lala this afternoon though. Will you guys be okay here alone?" I trusted him. I did! But the suggestion still made me nervous. I bit my lip and forced a smile.

"We're just going to be doing work.  You know that if I had any time at all for relaxing, I'd be spending it with you: you're my best girl, you know that?" I kissed her on the line of her part and ruffled the back of her hair. "Make sure you shower before you head out, squirt." It was something that no adult said to another adult, not in good social grace anyway. More like something a parent said to a child.

Squirt? I gave him a weird look and he walked away. Squirt.  What the hell had gotten into him?  I shrugged the thought from my mind and went to take a shower. Lala and I had lunch plans - asking Remy was merely a formality. I had a lot to tell my best friend.

• Like 4

I still don't trust Ginger. And the fact that she's a hypnotist does not help. I know how hypnotists work in these stories!

Also I finally got that Frosty joke. You must forgive me, I've eaten at Wendy's, like, once in my entire life. I generally try to avoid fast food.

4.)

"Yeah I think you're right, that sounds fake." Lala had listened patiently to her best friend regaling her of the woman she'd only ever spoken venom of, as if the two of them had suddenly become very chummy overnight. Lala was, if nothing else, a good listener, although she had a pretty bemused smirk on her face when it came to the subject of hypnotism.

"I dunno. If she got paid for it then good for her. But it's just a silly gimmick." I stirred my coffee with the little spoon. "Anyway she seems to just looove marketing now, so." I sounded very sarcastic. Even if Ginger and I were friends now, it didn't mean I believed everything she said.

"I don't buy it. She's probably looking for other work, just using Remy's firm as a stepping stone to get what she wants. Presuming that Remy isn't the thing she wants~" She trailed off with a little smile.

"Shut up," I said flatly, already filled with annoyance. Lala knew how insecure I was about this new woman. I pouted and sipped my coffee. "Speaking of work, can you get me a job? Just something part time at your office?"

"I guess I can, but you're not exactly qualified." Don't be too clever. Don't worry about your career. Marry up. Wednesday had that same mantra for as long as Lala had known her, but it did leave the poor girl with a checkered work history at best.

"Listen, I can be a secretary or an assistant or a coffee maker or something.  I just want to get a job and get out of the house a bit." Plus... "And I wanna start saving for my wedding.  I don't have a lot of savings and I want it to be beautiful.  Please?" Lala sighed and nodded her head.  Victory!

"Weren't you the one who said that you didn't have to pay for your own wedding? That it was the groom’s parents responsibility or something?" It was weird for Lala to see her friend so insecure over something she was once so certain about.

"I thought we had a fund for it, but I guess it's not as much as I thought, and..." I shrugged and kicked my feet. "We haven't even picked a date yet.  Or where it's going to be.  Or any of that.  Remy's working all the time.  I just want to make progress on something, you know?  So it feels real." Of course it was real.  I had a ring on my finger that showed me how real it was.  It was expensive, too.  Almost ten grand.  It caught the light like a rainbow.  When he proposed, three months ago, it was the happiest day of my life.

"I can ask around, I guess, but its a doggy dog world in business, even our PA's have four year degrees." And worked full time hours for very little pay, too, but that was the working environment nowadays. "Does Remy want you working? Maybe he'd prefer you just hanging around the house like a good waifu?"

I shrugged my shoulders and stirred my coffee again. "I just feel bad 'cause I'm not contributing..." "Well I'll do my best." I finished my coffee and leaned back in my chair.  The sky was cloudy today.  I wondered if it was going to rain. "You wanna come over for dinner tonight?  I think Ginger's gonna be there and I could really use a buffer." We were, after all, just starting to get along.  I doubted it would last.

"I'm not sure about that.  I don't know this girl and you kind of make me feel like she's the worst person in the whole wide world, so I'm not sure I really wanna hang out with her." Lala grinned lopsidedly and shrugged her shoulders. "Naw, I got a date tonight with Ko', after like weeks of asking, so I don't really wanna stand them up. Sorry, chica."

"Yeah yeah, I understand..." I sighed and leaned forward in the chair. "She's not a bad person.  She isn't.  I just hate her!" "Well you are a pretty good judge of character." I rolled my eyes and smiled all the same.  Having a best friend was pretty great.  I don't know what I would do without Lala. "Alright, I'll see you then.  Call me about the job thing." I got up and grabbed my purse, waving goodbye.

• Like 3

5.)

"Come in here, Frosty, I'm in the den." I'd heard her come home - I knew it was Wednesday and not Ginger by the sound of her dozen or so key charms chiming off each other when she pulled the keys out of the lock. The den was just our spare bedroom, but I'd taken to using it as an at-home office when I needed the extra work time.  I was going to try something new with my fiancée at the suggestion of Ginger.

"Ginger's not here?" That was a surprise.  I had left the two of them alone - I assumed Ginger would use all the time she could to spend with my fiancé.  Maybe that was just my jealousy talking.  I sighed and put down my purse on his desk, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Is she coming back for dinner or did something come up?" Something come up.  Please something come up.

"I'm not sure, actually." I didn't look up from my computer when she hugged me, but I did put one hand out to a pair of headphones, big over the ear ones, attached to a little MP3 player. "This is a product one of my clients is working on, do you want to help me out and test it? It's just ocean sounds, but it goes for like two hours and I don't have time for that right now. You can bring the beanbag chair in and listen to it, spend a little quiet time with me?"

I looked at the little MP3 player with a pout.  Did I want to listen to ocean waves for two hours?  God no.  But that last line... spend a little quiet time with him.  I let out a sigh and shrugged my shoulders. "Sure I guess... what exactly am I listening for?  Static or something?" I knew a little bit about audio stuff - I liked music a lot so it paid to know about equipment.

"It's a high frequency response thing, for better noise cancellation." Or something. Heck if I knew about audio. Ginger had provided the equipment; she told me it would help for Wednesday to better accept herself, and that it might make her tired. I'd have asked if it were hypnosis, if I believed in any of that nonsense. "You just put it on, get comfortable, and listen."

"Can I use my good headphones?" He looked it over, like he was thinking, and shook his head.  I groaned and left the room to find the bean bag chair.  I hated using crappy headphones like this.  I plopped down beside my future husband in the bean bag chair and kicked his ankles.  He was just in reach of me.  I slid the headphones over my ears and played the audio file.  2:04:18.  I groaned.  This was going to take forever...

"Wendy?" I looked up at Remy with a dizzy look and rubbed my eyes.  I'd fallen asleep?  I pushed the headphones off my head and blinked hard against the light.  I checked the timer on the MP3.  1:59:55.  I hit pause. "Um... sorry.  I fell asleep." The last time I checked the little screen, it said twelve minutes in.

I hadn't expected her to fall asleep, although I hadn't noticed her doing it. Her eyes were open, she was restless, then she wasn't. Her eyes were closed. She didn't move, not the entire time. And I knew my fiancée, I knew she was a restless sleeper. Huh. "Is it finished? Please mix me a brandy up on the rocks and come tell me about it, alright?" Ginger had said it would help to make her calmer, more accepting. She didn't like me drinking at home, so I guess the instruction was a test.

"...um.  Sure." I got up from my place on the bean bag chair and went into the kitchen.  Was he mad that I fell asleep?  He didn't sound mad.  I poured the brandy over the ice and brought it back to the den, setting it down on the desk.  Then, like an afterthought, I remembered. "You know you shouldn't drink right now.  It's almost dinnertime." Wow, it was already almost dinner time.

"It helps me with my work, you know that." I didn't snap at her, I was as warm and comforting as could be, and I did something I hadn't ever done: I put my arm around her lower back, and pulled her down onto my lap. With my other hand, I still worked over my proposal on the laptop screen, between sips of my brandy.

Oh... alright.  I mean, usually when he was working, I was hardly even allowed in the room.  And today I sat in here with him and now I was on his lap?  This was sort of weird.  But at the same time, it was really nice too.  I put my head against his and watched him work for a few minutes, even though I had no idea what he was doing. "Should I get dinner started?" I asked.  I loved to cook for him.  I always made dinner on the weekends.

"You don't need to cook tonight, we're ordering in." I had one hand running fingers up and down her back while I worked. "But it'll be about two more hours, because Ginger might come back to eat with us. How about you listen to your headphones again? You can stay on my lap this time if you like." Ginger didn't say she could do it more than once, but what was the harm, right?

"I really should clean up the house or something," I said with a sigh.  I liked sitting with him like this.  I liked being close to him.  But that sound file was boring as hell.  I climbed up off his lap and had another thought.  With a smile and leaned down and kissed his ear, then whispered, "I can think of something else we can do for two hours..."

"If you're a good girl, Frosty, we can do that after dinner." Did I want her to listen to it again? Maybe. I mean, I didn't know what it had done, but it kept her quiet for two hours and out of my hair, so that was always a benefit. "You can go tidy, but if you change your mind and want to help me test a different file, come on back." Or listen to the same one again.

The problem was, the house was already pretty damn clean.  It wasn't that I was meticulous or anything - I just didn't have a lot to do.  I finished the dishes, I organized the pillows, I vacuumed the bedroom... and after all that time it had only been twenty five minutes.  I groaned and laid down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling.  Maybe if I looked sexier.  So I got out of bed and changed into my bra and panties - a nice matching set - and went back into the den to find Remy.

"Is that what you want to be wearing when company arrives?" I didn't mean to chide her like a child, but she knew we were having company and she didn't even think about that first. "You're a reflection of me, Frosty, you want me to look good, don't you? So do you think being in your undies when we have company coming is the best way to do that?" Undies. Not bra and panties. Not undergarments.

I opened my mouth and shut it again.  He was still sitting, and that meant I was taller.  But I didn't feel taller.  I bit my lip and crossed my arms over my chest.  My very nice B cup chest, in a very sexy bra! "Whatever," I mumbled. "Excuse me?" "I just thought...!  Ugh, nevermind!  Forget it!" Why was he acting like this?!

"You wanted to be in your undies, then you can stay in your undies." Giving her options was clearly not working. I handed her the headphones pointedly. "There's a new file on here. Sit in the beanbag, listen to it, and be useful for me. You can change before company gets here if you're a good girl, Frosty." She paused. Looked at me incredulously. "Did I stutter?"

"Y-you can't talk to me like--" "Sit," he repeated, sternly, and I felt an ache in my chest.  I weird feeling.  I swallowed hard and looked at the headphones in my hands.  This was stupid!  This was so fucking stupid! "I was trying to be sexy--" "Sit," he said again, and I finally did.  I stormed right past him and sat down in the beanbag chair, wearing only my underclothes.  Fucking asshole, I thought, and put the headphones on.

I tried not to watch her. Tried to avoid it. It was hard, though, seeing that look in her eye melt from resistant pouting to a blank glossiness and then finally her lids closing and her body going still. What has Ginger given me? I didn’t believe in that hypnosis stuff despite her prior profession. But looking at my fiancée as she listened for the second time. I thought about how she’s obeyed me earlier. How she’d done as she was told. It was quite... alluring.

• Like 2

6.)

I fell asleep again.  I didn't even make it twelve minutes into the file this time.  By the time the track ended, when it clicked off, it was late into the evening and I could hear chattering in the air.  Remy was gone.  I rubbed my eyes; it sure was dark in here.  I got up from the beanbag and made my way out into the hall and realized I was wearing only my underwear.  I heard voices.  I listened in.  Was that Ginger?

"...glad she's doing okay, I'm worried about her." "She's fine, really, she was really sweet all afternoon." "Is she going to sleep thru dinner?" "No, I'll go wake her in a minute. She needs her rest." We both used wholesome caring tones when we talked.

I pouted and sulked off to my bedroom, closing the door quietly behind me.  Everything was the way I left it, with my clothes folded on the dresser.  I pulled my shirt over my head and looked in the mirror.  I thought I looked sexy.  And he just turned me down?  And now I slept the whole stupid day away and... I sighed.  But the second Ginger came over he's all social all of a sudden.  Jealousy was really doing a number on me...

"Hey there, Wendy." Ginger leaned in to hug the girl, and kissed her on the cheek. She'd let herself into the bedroom on her own, and it was just the two of them. "Jeremy tells me you've been having some focusing issues, and food is a little while away still, so how about you talk to me? Just us girls, alright? Sit on the edge of the bed, super informal."

"I'm fine," I said flatly and pulled my leggings up over my panties.  Seriously, who just lets themselves into someone's bedroom?  What if I was naked?  Two minutes ago I basically was!  I grabbed the hair brush off my vanity and brushed my hair in the mirror.  She sat down on the edge of my bed and my grip tightened on the hairbrush.  Ugh!

Ginger waited a moment before standing up and walking back to the girl, and with one hand, relieving her on the hairbrush. "You'll be bald by thirty if you brush like that, and you're far too pretty to let that happen. Here, let me show you." And just like that, Ginger was brushing Wednesday’s hair for her, standing behind her in the mirror.

When she touched my hair, I swatted her hand away and knocked the hairbrush to the floor.  I turned around with marked frustration and looked up at the woman.  She was so tall... at least half a foot taller than me. "I can do it myself!  Stop treating me like a kid!  Stop acting like you know what's good for me!  You don't even know me!"

"I know you love Jeremy, and he loves you. I know he's worried about this attitude you seem to have developed, this resentful jealousy? It makes him feel like you don't trust him, and if you don't trust him, then you don't love him. He's worried he's going to lose you, and I've been through something similar when I was your age. I'm not your rival, I'm your friend." She paused, thoughtfully. "Now please would you be a good girl and pick up the brush?"

I hesitated.  He was worried about losing me?  But he was the one with the sexy new work friend!  I didn't even have guy friends!  He had no right!  Of course I trusted him, I just didn't trust her!  We weren't friends.  We were... begrudgingly in each others' lives.  She may have sounded innocent, but... I pouted and bent down to pick up the hair brush. "I can do it myself," I mumbled and went back to brushing my hair.  Annoying... so annoying...

"And you can reassure your fiancee that things are okay on your own, too, right? You don’t need my help? You don't need a friend who's constantly reassuring him that things are going to be okay with you two?" There was some level of smugness to the way she talked, but it wasn't catty either, she actually sounded helpful.

"...fuck off," I mumbled, but her words had found their way into my head.  Constantly reassuring him that things were okay?  That I wasn’t capable of handling this on my own... but I was, wasn't I?  I bit my lip and looked at my feet while I brushed my hair.  She wasn't my friend.  I didn't need her to be my friend...

"Be a good girl and let me help, okay? What's worth more to you? Jeremy's happiness or your own pride and ego?" There was a pause and she held her hand out. She wanted the brush. She wanted the concession, the small surrender.

"...I... I can do it," I said quietly, but I suddenly wasn't so sure.  My stomach started to do flips.  I swallowed hard and avoided eye contact with Ginger, who stared at me in the mirror.  I didn't need her to help me!  It was just brushing my hair!  And I was basically done, and... I closed my eyes and tried to center myself.  Why was I so up in arms...?  Wasn't she tryin to help...?

It was easy to take the brush from her this time. It was easy to start brushing her hair. It wasn't the complete surrender she'd hoped for, but it was symbolic of a step take. Not so much a surrender, as a ceasefire, perhaps. "See? Isn't that better? I'm proud of you when you're good."

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks Wendy is completely in the right here? Remy does give the impression that he enjoys Ginger's company more than that of his own fiance. And the whole Daddy/Little relationship he's trying to establish would be perfectly fine, if some other woman wasn't also trying to be the Mommy. And yet they're both treating Wendy like she's crazy.

As you can see I am getting very worked up over these fictional characters. You & Pudding always seem to have this effect on me. :)

8 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Am I the only one who thinks Wendy is completely in the right here? Remy does give the impression that he enjoys Ginger's company more than that of his own fiance. And the whole Daddy/Little relationship he's trying to establish would be perfectly fine, if some other woman wasn't also trying to be the Mommy. And yet they're both treating Wendy like she's crazy.

No, you're not alone! To me, it feels like Wednesday is being manipulated. Jeremy doesn't appear to actually love her, and it seems like Ginger just wants to treat Wednesday like a toy.

I'm really enjoying this story, but I feel bad for Wednesday. It's probably going to turn out bad for her (a forced role shift, from fiancee to surrogate child, probably), and she's done nothing to deserve/need it. She hasn't even been that immature. She's the one who cooks, cleans, and puts all the effort in. She's even (sorta) looked for a job. Who wouldn't be jealous of a woman who's close to your distant fiancee? Yet, everything's probably going to go bad for poor Wednesday.

14 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Remy does give the impression that he enjoys Ginger's company more than that of his own fiance. And the whole Daddy/Little relationship he's trying to establish would be perfectly fine, if some other woman wasn't also trying to be the Mommy

It seems to me that Ginger is manipulating both Remy and Wendy.  Is the purpose so she can be the Mommy or is there another purpose?  I don't know yet at this point.  It should be interesting to find out.  Whatever it is though, Ginger seems duplicitous, and reminds me of the story Casey's Nanny although others did not see that story the way I did.

Back to Small Frosty:  There is that old saying, 'Wednesday's child is full of woe."