LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wasting diapers

Does anyone else feel like They're wasting a diaper if the dont soak the entire absorbent area? I do so i keep my diaper on until its about to leak( or sometimes I go a little too far and it does leak) lol.

3 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Nope, as long as I use it in some way I feel it is fine.   By your argument, you'd also keep it on until you defecated in it as well to get maximal use.

No i usually only poop in the toilet

Not me. I'm more for the comfort of a nice dry diaper.  Once I wet the appeal is gone. 2 maybe 3 wettings then it's off and a fresh diaper is put back on. I don't care for the absobancy rate. Plus once you wet the diaper loses crinkle, at least that's what I've noticed. 

For me it's situational. If I am at work I may be more cognizant and change more regularly as to avoid the possibility of a leak. If I I'm at home most of the time I try to utilize my diaper to full capacity. At night I have found that if you put your legs in the flopped frog position then your pee pee runs down your bottom crack and the back of your diaper is used. I find myself alternating between this position and a position that maximizes the front of my diaper. Honestly in 15 weeks of wearing diapers straight I have yet to ever leak into my marital bed. I know it's going to happen one day but it has not happened yet.

.I really hate to waste diapers and I give it my every effort to avoid it so I put them to good use, only for number 1 that is. The extend of the usage varies related to the circumstances I am in. if I do have to trough out an unused diaper it is usually because it got damaged prior to putting it on otherwise no. And to my personal opinion wasting good diapers should be severely punished

As much as I would like to try premium brands like dry 24/7, Northshore, Inspire, Abena and Molicare, I can't afford them and mail order of diapers for me is not possible with my living situation.  Most of my diapers are store type brands, Attends, Prevail, Wings (super cheap and crappy) Wallgreens and McKesson along with whatever other brands the Goodwill and local thrift stores may have.  Because of that, usually when I'm ready to remove my diaper it has been pretty well soaked and many times is starting to leak.  My diaper wearing is usually about 3 hours or so early morning when I get up around 7am a couple times a week, unless I go out of town for the day shopping which is maybe 3 or 4 times a year.  With the store brand type of disposable diapers, 3 to 4 hours of wear is usually enough to soak them to capacity depending on the brand.  I've never felt I have wasted a diaper by removing it while it still has some use left.  I don't poop my diapers except maybe once every 2 years or so if the mood might strike me.

• 3 weeks later...

I also feel like I have wasted a diaper if it is not used to full capacity. I wet like 3 times in one and if it looks like it might leak on the next wetting, I spread out an absorbent pad and either sit or lie down on it. I busy myself with coloring in an activity book or I read a diaper story on DD. When the urge to pee does hit me I just go and if it leaks then the pad will soak that up. If I do poop my diaper, which is rare; I try to pee in the diaper 2 to 3 times before pooping. I do like to get the higher end diapers so if I don’t use it fully it feels like a waste, plus if it’s not fully used I prentend my mommy (imaginary) has a bad punishment in store for me!

I can't afford to waste my good diapers so they're usually soaked before changing, but if the situation ahead calls for an early change I don't consider that a waste. Sometimes I like lots of soaking, leaking, and changes so cheap diapers or pull-ups  handle that affordably B)

Bettypooh

Not a problem with cloth diapers. And they are easier to put on; you do not need to fuss with tapes and landing zone or failurs of the components or the like