LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New, Potentially Under Age Members, Stupid?

AbabeBill

It makes me wonder? When I see a post by someone, particularly in new introduction area, who say they are under the age of 18. Why would you state this, up front and immediately, in an adults only website?  Your first thought might be, they are stupid! Yes, they might be, very much so. I mean, why come in and profess you’re under 18, when it clearly states 18 and older only. There is another possibility, and it somewhat disturbs me to think so. It could be someone fishing. Someone wanting to see, if they get a response, based on the statement, “ I’m X years old, under 18”. Or, it could also be a test of the website itself. How long will someone under age, be allowed to stay, how fast will I be booted? 

Either way, it kinda bugs me to think, it might be someone fishing or, it being some kind of test. The first option bugs me too, someone to stupid to even try and hid the fact, they are not over 18. In most cases, even someone hiding their true age will slip up at some point, and give it away. But, saying so, right off the bat? 

It just makes me wonder, when I see this. 

Both here but especially on Diapermates where the problem seems a lot worse, I will immediately report it to an admin.  Yes, teens are not thinking when they are forced to enter an age of 18 in order to have their member application go through and then state the truth that they are actually only 14 years old.  What really bothers me is when a kid's profile clearly says, "I'm actually only 14 years old" and a member contacts them or posts a message on his profile or forum post.  DUMB and that member should be issued a warning at the very least!

My other take on this, and no offence AbabeBill because your concerns are very important and valid and I'm 100% behind you on this, is just report it to an admin quietly and not make a big deal of it in a special forum posting.  Why?  Because you are alerting every underage kid who is thinking of signing up on this site what will happen if they state their actual age in their profile information.  It won't prevent them from signing up, it will just alert them to be careful, lie and not divulge the wrong information when they sign up.  Any kid who comes to this site and reads the forum posts will see this and say, "Ah!  I better make sure when I fill out my profile information I don't mention what my real age is, or I might run into a problem!"  A friend of mine is a reserve sheriff deputy who works the county fair each year.  The boy scouts also work to help patrol the grounds so teens can't sneak in over the fence without paying.  Typically what the Boy Scouts do is immediately run over to the fence to chase the offenders away when they see someone climbing up to go over.  Then the offenders just drop back to the ground and run off.  My friend got the Boy Scouts all together and said, "Just stand back and don't do a thing until they actually are over the fence on this side.  Then we can catch them without them running away on the other side!"  Makes sense to me!  Don't alert these underage teens about what will happen ahead of time so they can be aware what not to say about their real age in their profiles, then once they join and are caught, they can be banned and their IP address noted in case they try to join again.  The ironic thing of what I just posted as my reply is I am now alerting those who read this post and are underage!  I figure the thread has already been posted anyway so I may as well state my thoughts. 

I wouldn't worry too much about kids getting ideas from what you've written. The smart ones will already have figured it out, and the not-so-smart ones will trip themselves up soon enough.

That is also my experience, even if they (under age) teens lie, and try to hide their age, they usefully trip up, or give themselves away at some point later. A lie is a very difficult thing to keep up for a very long time.

Sooner or later they will be caught. So, I don't think I'm giving any secrets up, by posting, or shining light on the subject.

I also agree, on not interacting with a suspected underage teen, in any fashion. Just a report to the admin, or mod. 

I still feel, (at the risk of being viewed as a conspiracy theist. And I am not.) That these can also be attempts by law, or pseudo law enforcement types, fishing for persons willing to converse with them. Or, a testing of the sites willingness, and aggressiveness in dealing with any underage people.

I mentioned it before, and Le Hollandais also mentioned it above too.