LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cath and Diaper tips?

Okay, so I may be doing something just a bit wrong.  With a cath in while diapered, I noticed that the tip tends to get kind of sore and sensitive.  Any solid advice on how to position the cath in the diaper to prevent this?

It could be a reaction to latex. I changed to silicone catheters; no more redness. Also I think a bit of Vaseline around the tip might stay in place longer than water soluble KY. I am wearing a silicone cath almost 24/7 now and have noticed that lately no lubrication is needed there.  

To get the Vaseline right in, I sometimes smear it all over nice n thick to the exposed cath, then push the cath inside as far as possible and then withdraw it till the balloon re-seats. 

On 1/15/2018 at 8:05 AM, Puppyz said:

To get the Vaseline right in, I sometimes smear it all over nice n thick to the exposed cath, then push the cath inside as far as possible and then withdraw it till the balloon re-seats. 

On 1/15/2018 at 4:27 AM, Old_PA said:

It could be a reaction to latex. I changed to silicone catheters; no more redness. Also I think a bit of Vaseline around the tip might stay in place longer than water soluble KY. I am wearing a silicone cath almost 24/7 now and have noticed that lately no lubrication is needed there.  

Great pieces of advice!  I would say great tips, but...you know..........

I used to have the same problem back in the days when I played with catheters, and frankly never got rid of it. Like others I’ve used some sort of lubricant but at a certain point the lubricant vanishes and the problem reappears, I wanted to keep my catheter in for as long as I could. That being the case and some other problems I’ve encountered eased my decision to drop catheter play and switch to stents. No more irritation and a complete sensation of being incontinent.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:27 PM, Old_PA said:

I think a bit of Vaseline around the tip might stay in place longer than water soluble KY. 

This morning I tried a couple of drops of silicone lubricant on the tip; the type which is sometimes used with butt plugs. So far, very comfortable.

A bit of neosporin helps. I find that letting it go down and loop upward is best for me. I'm doing the holey foley method and find if I don't drink a lot and it becomes dry, it starts to burn. As long as I keep drinking, it's good. A hydrogel catheter is another option. 

• 3 months later...

Ok late to this topic and not sure anyone is posting anymore. 

When you first start to use a catheter the tip is going to be sore. It happens to most men. This does subside.  In fact maybe a week.  The feeling of the catheter is used for two weeks will be completely normal.  So to say you will not feel it anymore. It should be totally transparent to you than you have one in.    Keep with it

Ok late to this topic and not sure anyone is posting anymore. 
When you first start to use a catheter the tip is going to be sore. It happens to most men. This does subside.  In fact maybe a week.  The feeling of the catheter is used for two weeks will be completely normal.  So to say you will not feel it anymore. It should be totally transparent to you than you have one in.    Keep with it

I’m a Foley catheter user totally addicted to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Loved the catheter at first but I can no longer feel it.  I just feel the pee every once in a while. I have been wearing for about two years and this lifestyle just seems normal to me now.  

No I am continent bu I live as an incontinent person.  Trust me it takes time. I cannot tell you how many times I. The first three months I just wanted to remove the catheter and get back to normal.  

I do change out the cath once a month and leave it out for a while which is now not normal to me.  I only use the bathroom to poop.  Wearing pants without a diaper is not normal also.  

Have fun

With a clear Silicone (20Fr) Foley to wear for the last ~10 days of a 2016 Road-trip, I was taught how to irrigate & lube the thing--aggressively. Save for while it was being inserted, I loved every minute of wearing it; of that plumbing being propped-open for general viewing; of my Piddling on-display in clear plastic from my Peehole to my bag--by medical orders. I wore store-brand "Training-Pants" Adult-DIAPERS over my Catheter because early in that adventure it clogged & I peed down the outside of it--including a clot the size of a grape-seed or 2. That wasn't at all uncomfortable but our rented Minivan was nearly new & we've been treated well by the agency. So I didn't want to return it needing a new seat!

Aggressive maintenance included working my cath in & out; spinning it around; changing positions--until the irrigation-syringe could pull water out as easily as pushing it in. The lube (called Surgilube™ & equivalent to unflavored, unscented K-Y) was water-soluble because it tends to ...migrate up the Cath to the bladder as one moves about. So it goes away & one re-applies it, as needed. I found it a special sort of device-predicament which I enjoyed all day & all night. The 'lips' of my Peehole were red but never hurt. I suspect they were TUMESCENT on some separate schedule I did not feel--as my 'Mushroom-cap' was also independently excited (most of the time) while my wee shaft showed no signs of joining it. I'd jump at the chance to wear another clear one a few sizes larger--for a longer time--and then an even larger one. I completely enjoyed being propped-open!

• 7 months later...

At risk of being called-out for reviving a dead-thread:

It's less than a year old, & I remembered a few more things. Ever catch something with a finger or a thumb & propel it ...vigorously in some direction (when you never meant-to)..? Well, while I was still in that hospital, one of the Nurses working on unclogging my Foley caught it thus, accidentally, & pulled it rather hard. She was horrified, but my point is that I only FELT it hit the stop (the inflated little balloon) inside my bladder; there was no pain to it at all--I only felt it! It didn't break anything. After reassuring her she had not damaged me & I had seen it as an accident, I resumed my fascination re: having this "LEASH" so intimately attached.

I found I'm elastic-enough I PEED past it once when it clogged--pushing a clot I've mentioned down the OUTSIDE of that 20Fr Foley with no discomfort. I wore store-brand "Training-Pants" Adult-Diapers the rest of the Road-trip that medical adventure had interrupted, just in case--but never leaked again. The Hospital turned me loose with a good supply of Surgi-lube™ to apply to the outside of my Foley while working it in & out (between its "stops").  I noticed when I emptied my bag & while irrigating, I was passing little bits of what looked like white LINT. At the time, I guessed it was whatever had caused the bleeding in the first place--healing & shedding. I know more normal healing doesn't form white scabs, but my experience with scabs & healing (to that point) had been limited to scabs forming in air--not forming submerged in my Bladder.  I now conclude what I was seeing actually WAS lint from the insides of those Disposables; "walking" up from my Peehole to my Bladder as my Foley moved (well-lubricated) in & out! I share this FWIW; it still only fascinates me. My next stop is long-enough SOUNDS to reach into my Bladder, to keep improving my elasticity. However large is the largest Clear Silicone Foley they make (30Fr? larger?) I want one--one day. Best regards, all.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, bungeman said:

Could someone please explain what a "diaper tip" is

Uh...

Can't see myself trying it, unless I knew the Waitress extremely well & she was a kindred spirit ?