LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Afraid to start wearing diapers?

Mattyboy13

Do you want to try wearing a diaper and using it at home or in public but ur afraid to because your afraid all your local friends and your family will find out? What’s everyone else’s intake on that?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first started wearing a diaper outside, I was very afraid people would notice.  My first time was to a roadside fruit stand where I spent only a few minutes buying something.  Then I went back home.  The next few times were similar but longer outside my car.  My third time I went downtown in my small town and walked around for maybe 20 minutes.  Each time when you are out among people with diapers on under your clothes and nothing happens, it's positive reinforcement that it's OK, no one knows.  Naturally you wear a discreet diaper under jeans with no huge bulge or having it poking out your waistband and you may even wear a long shirt to cover your butt a little.  The more you do it and no one notices or says anything to you, the more comfortable you get and will soon realize that unless you go about flaunting it or trying to be noticed wearing diapers, no one will notice or even pay attention to you.  Last thing people do is go around looking at other strangers wondering if they are wearing diapers under their pants!

At home, yes.  You have to be very careful if you don't want family to find out.  Even behind a locked bedroom door you never know when your mom or dad will knock on it and want you to open up so you can help them with something or they can ask you something while your wearing a wet diaper.  You have to make sure your diapers are well hidden so a curious mom won't find them going through your room when your not home, (and believe me, she will go through your room). You have to find a way to dispose of the used diapers if living with your parents so they won't find them.  It's different to wear a discreet diaper under jeans when out shopping, walking around town or around strangers in a store, it's different when wearing at home in your parents house or when doing things with your friends and people you know.  

To this day, I really enjoy when I go out of town a few times a year running errands or Christmas shopping by myself fully diapered under shorts or jeans where I know the chances of running into anyone I know are very slim, but I still won't wear diapers under my pants when I'm with friends or people I know.  I have long held to a theory I have about people you know.  Having been around friends, family and coworkers who see you almost on a daily basis, I believe they get to know exactly what you look like.  If one day you are wearing a diaper under your pants, they may not openly notice but on a sub conscious level something might start to nag at them that something is different about you.  That nagging starts to become a bother on a conscious level and your friend may unconsciously start looking you over to see if they can figure out what's nagging at them, even if they don't know why.  Then it may connect that somehow your pants seem puffier and they might come to the conclusion you are wearing something under them.  I just don't take the chance of wearing diapers around people I know.  I did have a DL friend who I took fishing in my boats in the summer, but that's different.  We are both DL's and both were wearing diapers.  No need to hide it or feel uncomfortable around someone that is also wearing diapers and knows you are wearing them too!

From all my years living in the New York City/Metro area, I've learned something super important.  Aside from the 'People of Walmart' styled photos, no one really cares what passers-by look like.  Off the top of my head, I don't think I could even pick out any specific detail about my regular customers at work, save for one woman who nicknamed herself "The Lady with the Red Hat" (she has a massive wide-brim red sunhat).  Unless you're walking around with neon-colored tutu, most people won't bat an eye, and even then they may not! (Again, NYC metro has plenty of quirky people, look up the "Naked Cowboy" if you don't believe me)

Unless you pants don't feel like the seams are sitting right, or you can physically see some sort of bulge, no one is going to notice a thing.  And if they do?  They might just shrug it off as 'maybe it's always looked like that'.

I am sure everyone here was at point afraid to wear them. I know I was because I was a kid then and still living with my parents and I had no way of buying any and bringing them home. We lived in the country is why. 

I've been wearing 24/7 for nearly 17 years now, trust me people only notice if you leak. I've been in lots of situations where my nappy has been exposed, there's only been a few times where I've had a comment. But way back when I had to start wearing them in public I had the same issues as most do, it's about confidence and of course some fear or paranoia about being caught, I think it's only natural that people feel nervous when they do something for the first time, but we learn to overcome it with time.

Daphne >.<

Back when I started wearing diapers in public, (worn under my pants) I was never afraid of being caught wearing a diaper, I was more worried that no one would notice i was wearing a diaper, and I went out of my way to make it obvious that I was diapered.

The only time anyone said anything was if my diaper had leaked and my pants where wet,

I grew up in north western Wisconsin and still live here, folks around these parts normally keep to themselves and rarely say anything about what another is wearing unless it is overly obvious and goes against the normal thinking of adults.

Wearing in public is easy and as pointed out before, NO ONE NOTICES or cares. As long as you wear a onesie so that your nappy is covered and dont wear a super, super thick nappy or tight clothes, no one will ever know and even if they did, wont care. Ive never seen a single person in public wearing a diaper and yet I am sure there are hundreds I've missed.

Be clever and be discreet and there is no problem.

12 hours ago, le Hollandais said:

I have a few days home alone. So I'm diapered up. One of the things that I learned right off was that I don't like the puddle left in the bottom of my PUL. I guess the answer in part at leas is layering.

Go to wazoodle.com and check out some Zorb soaker panels. That will help prevent the puddle issue. I make soaker panels out of Zorb and they work great. There is even a product called Zorb 2 that can be used directly against the skin as opposed to the original Zorb which must be encased in cloth.

1 hour ago, BabyJune said:

Go to wazoodle.com and check out some Zorb soaker panels. That will help prevent the puddle issue. I make soaker panels out of Zorb and they work great. There is even a product called Zorb 2 that can be used directly against the skin as opposed to the original Zorb which must be encased in cloth.

Nice idea, and thanks! OTH I was a little surprised that Zorb 2 is $10.00 a yard. I'll have to think about that.

I think being out in public, the toughest crowd, or people you may run into, who might say something is, young teens. Young teens, in a group of 2 or more are very mouthy. They seem to want to test their free speech bravado, and especially want to show off in front of friends. Who can be the most insulting, and get away with it. They will pick out anything, and anyone! 

Small children may also say something, but they usually are quickly censored, or shushed by parents. 

Most others, even if they notice, will just move on.      

On 14-1-2018 at 7:31 PM, NappyFairy said:

I've been wearing 24/7 for nearly 17 years now, trust me people only notice if you leak. I've been in lots of situations where my nappy has been exposed, there's only been a few times where I've had a comment. But way back when I had to start wearing them in public I had the same issues as most do, it's about confidence and of course some fear or paranoia about being caught, I think it's only natural that people feel nervous when they do something for the first time, but we learn to overcome it with time.

Well said and I couldn’t agree more, it is all in your own head. As long as you don’t overdo it nobody notices and nobody cares. You can see the same message all over the board.

• Like 1
On 1/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, LittleAmytheil said:

From all my years living in the New York City/Metro area, I've learned something super important.  Aside from the 'People of Walmart' styled photos, no one really cares what passers-by look like.  Off the top of my head, I don't think I could even pick out any specific detail about my regular customers at work, save for one woman who nicknamed herself "The Lady with the Red Hat" (she has a massive wide-brim red sunhat).  Unless you're walking around with neon-colored tutu, most people won't bat an eye, and even then they may not! (Again, NYC metro has plenty of quirky people, look up the "Naked Cowboy" if you don't believe me)

Unless you pants don't feel like the seams are sitting right, or you can physically see some sort of bulge, no one is going to notice a thing.  And if they do?  They might just shrug it off as 'maybe it's always looked like that'.

The thing I love most about NYC is that you basically have complete anonymity. Tourists are too busy looking up and locals are always looking down or at their phones. I wish I could move back to NYC but my wife doesn’t like big cities lol

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, le Hollandais said:

Nice idea, and thanks! OTH I was a little surprised that Zorb 2 is $10.00 a yard. I'll have to think about that.

You cut Zorb into smaller soaker panels. You wouldn't use a whole yard as a complete diaper. I use panels that are approximately 10" by 17", but I use standard Zorb and encase it in Birdseye flannel sleeves.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Fear is a powerful emotion.  It stops us doing things.

One thing I've learnt over the time I've been in nappies is that noone cares.  People are so involved in their own worlds, their own spaces, that they take no time to look around, to really notice others.  This becomes acutely visible when one is wearing a nappy out and about, going shopping et al, because we're so fearful _someone_ will notice we're wearing a nappy.

I was fearful initially too, until I realised noone cares, noone notices.  I realised that again today.

Recently, I've been buying ABDL nappies, out of curiosity, to see what they're like to wear, and to see if the plastic-backed ones cut down on some of the smells one has as an IC.  I bought some Rearz Inspire+InControl, some Betterdry, some Rearz Pink Princess, Rearz Safari, and Crinklz Little Builders.  The Safari's are _loud_, crinkly things, with a fairly stiff plastic shell, and a very crinkly taping panel. 

Now, before these nappies, I've work pretty exclusively medical "cloth"-backed nappies that had no sound at all.  Nice and discreet for work and shopping.

Today, I decided to head out to the shops wearing a Rearz Safari.  At home, they're loud - I can hear every movement elicit those crazy plastic crackles.  So I was fearful getting out of the car and into the shops, that _someone_ would hear me. 

Guess what?  I didn't even hear myself! If I couldn't from the background noise, how in the bloody hell would anyone else hear the telltale crackle and shuffle?

Horizon expanded, I won't worry about this aspect any more, which means more brain power spent enjoying my surrounds!