LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Benefits of plastic pants?

I'm looking into purchasing some plastic pants primarily  to contain bowel accidents. What is the difference between pull up plastic pants and snap on plastic pants? If you have a nappy leakage and the plastic pants contain the leakage do you have to change them? If your a 24/7 wearer do you have any tips on maintaining plastic pants?

Snap close:

You don't have to remove your jeans/pants to take them off, just unsnap and pull them out.

I had a few pair of them, I could wash then dry both sides using a towel, only thing, you could wear them if you really needed them  right now.

Pull on:

You have to remove just about everything you had on below the waist, except your socks, to change if you wanted a fresh pair.

Not a bad operation, in the summer when you tend to wear short pants.

I like snap closed pants, the biggest drawback is sleeping in them, because they don't seal you in like pull on, unless you sleep flat on your back.

Some quick tips on plastic pants. If you anticipate messy leaks into the plastic pants themselves, be prepared for the pants to get some staining. Cleaning them should be done in warm soapy water. Keep them out of the sun! Don’t dry them out in the sun, sunlight will break the plastic down, and shorten the life. Pat them dry with a towel, then hang them up inside. A good choice of plastic pants with messy accidents in mind, would be urethane. They are more expensive, but do well and last much longer. You can see an example at this link, https://www.plastic-pants.com/euroflex.htm 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, username said:

I'm looking into purchasing some plastic pants primarily  to contain bowel accidents. What is the difference between pull up plastic pants and snap on plastic pants? If you have a nappy leakage and the plastic pants contain the leakage do you have to change them? If your a 24/7 wearer do you have any tips on maintaining plastic pants?

By far the most comfortable I wear are Garywear Active PUL incontinence briefs sold at L.L. Medico and Northshore.  They come in multiple colors and are super comfortable.  You can get them in black and dark navy blue which would be good colors to wear for a messy leak.  

I run my plastic pants through the washer but do not put them in the dryer.   They air dry nicely.

I like milky-white vinyl as it reminds me of the plastic pants of my youth.   I do have several sets of PUL as well (including the black Gary's).

2 hours ago, Comfortably diapered said:

I recently bought some salk ones and I feel like they don't really work. Any ideas on good ones?

Salk is like the Depend of reusable.   OK, but nothing special.

Personally I think plastic pants are a good addition to wearing diapers. For sure they help to contain leaks and help to contain nasty odors. I use them myself on daily basis as I wear 24/7 but I do not mess my diapers by choice, had a real accident a couple of times over the years. The one thing I do know they do stain quite a bit if they get in contact with poop. Now I wouldn’t stay in messy diapers myself for a prolonged period of time so if I were to mess my diaper I would take it off shortly after and put on a clean one and change my plastic pant as well. I use both snap on and pull on depending on my mood and circumstances.

The biggest advantage of snaps pants is that if you have to change your diaper in a public place, or any place where undressing isn’t totally private, you can completely change your diaper without having to undress. The icky and tricky bit of public bathrooms, especially when it’s a stall where the sides don’t go to the floor is that taking off your shoes and socks (or for us, pantihose) means that you have to put something down on the floor to keep your feet and clothes clean. Balance can be the tricky bit. It’s pretty much impossible to change a pull-up diaper in a public washroom without people seeing that you’re changing your diaper.  Tha’t’s also one of the disadvantages of pull-up diapers, although some have tearable sides so that you can make them a tabbed diaper when in public. 

Snap or pull-up, the advantage of plastic panties over your diaper is just the extra confidence that if your diaper leaks, it’s much less likely to wet your clothes. The big downside is that all the plastic pants I’ve worn get hot and clammy. That’s the perfect environment for a UTI (girls know) which isn’t fun.

I do wear plastic panties over my diaper at night. I often will wet more than once during the night so, it’s nice to have the extra protection.

If you’re wearing cloth diapers, then I think that plastic panties are essential. I tried cloth diapers for overnight with plastic panties but found that absorbent diapers hold urine while cloth diapers will ‘wring out’ if you roll over or move and urine will leak out the cuffs onto the bed. Also, with cloth diapers, there’s nothing to keep urine from your skin, so it feels clammy and leads to skin irritation.

I don't wear premium diapers, just store type brands I get at the Goodwill or thrift stores.  Each December I go out of town for the day Christmas shopping and I hit several stores and the malls (and also Goodwill stores to see if they have adult diapers).  I have a pretty set route from one place to another so I'm not back tracking and I go to a CVS to change diapers after hitting a few stores and the mall.  The past 2 years I knew I was getting pretty wet as I was shopping but I had plastic pants on over my disposable diaper so I was protected extra well.  Two Years ago when  went to the CVS store to change my diaper in their restroom (one at a time restroom with an outer door lock), I discovered large puddles in the bottom of my plastic pants when I pulled them down.  I was surprised the puddles didn't leak out the leg bands and get my jeans wet, but they held up perfect!  This last year I planned to hit an extra store on the way so I actually wore two pairs of plastic pants over my disposable diaper, one over the other.  It did add a little extra bulk but not really noticeable.  It's winter here with snow on the ground so the plastic pants didn't make things hot or anything.  Once more when I went to change my diaper there were small leaks into the first pair of plastic pants, not as big as the previous year but they saved my jeans once more.  When I changed I did remove the outer pair of plastic pants (decided I didn't need both anymore) and continued after my change with only one pair instead of two.  I usually only wear diapers out when I go out of town shopping, such as my yearly Christmas shopping trip and while I know I'm getting pretty wet and soggy with my almost constant light urination, it's sometimes hard to tell under layers of clothes just how soaked my diaper really is.  Towards the end before I head off to change, I know I'm really getting soaked but I also know with the plastic pants over my disposable I can finish my route with confidence my jeans will stay dry even though my diaper is fully saturated and probably leaking as long as I have good plastic pants over it.  Yes, sometimes I do use a diaper insert, but on these shopping trips plastic pants are a must for me now!

On 1/12/2018 at 5:40 PM, AbabeBill said:

Some quick tips on plastic pants. If you anticipate messy leaks into the plastic pants themselves, be prepared for the pants to get some staining. Cleaning them should be done in warm soapy water. Keep them out of the sun! Don’t dry them out in the sun, sunlight will break the plastic down, and shorten the life. Pat them dry with a towel, then hang them up inside. A good choice of plastic pants with messy accidents in mind, would be urethane. They are more expensive, but do well and last much longer. You can see an example at this link, https://www.plastic-pants.com/euroflex.htm 

The euroflex are more expensive to buy but in the long run they last years so they will be more cost effective. I used to buy new plastic pants every few month after they ripped from use, I bought 3 pairs of euroglex over a year ago and they are still in great shape from everyday use.

For how many DECADES have the makers of throw-aways been saying you do not need rubber panties?. Yet every 5 years or so, they say "New, improved leak guard" implying that the previous leak guard did not cut it. Why do people believe them after the third time they've said that -- 25 years ago? And people are still complaining about leaks. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me, but fool me: Or THINK you can fool me, 5 times?! The question  now becomes "what planet...?" Guess what: You NEED rubber panties!