LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Chafing!

ImDiapered

So for about the past five days now I have been diapered around the clock, for no reason other than just because. I'm generally pretty active, I love to walk and jog. Well so far I have learned perhaps I personally have sensitive skin, even a brisk stroll results in swift and severe chafing, such that buy now my inner thighs are raw! It is excruciating to say the least. My question to those of us assembled here who are diapered long term or permanently, I'm curious to know if you've ever had this issue and how you have handled it in the past, and what success you have had with it. I'm considering at some point becoming officially diaper dependant so for now I'm going through a trial and error process, finding my groove and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. Rashes have never been an issue for me, I'm hygienic enough I suppose that that hasn't ever been an issue for me - but chafing! This is a whole other issue which I'm having difficulty trying to troubleshoot. Any recomendations would be most appreciated!

29 minutes ago, diaperedboilerman said:

I have found a few solutions....One is when I was small enough I found Goodnight's L-XL worked because my thighs were not rubbing the diaper so much. The other thing I do at times is wear a very thin junk diaper like Depends or Attends and use a barrier cream of some sort or even baby Desitin cream all over my thigh's which is very messy.

This is a fantastic idea. You know I got to thinking along those lines myself, I need to start keeping a variety of diaper brands *and* pull-ups on hand in my inventory to fulfill the various roles they are best suited for throughout the day. Case in point as with being out doors and exercising, apart from having a thinner and lighter profile, introducing pull-ups would make a great alternative since they also have less capasity and most likey less wicking speed. So not only would they help minimise excess friction from heavyweight padding, but also reduces wasted capacity. Sometimes I wet more than I realise but often still, my diaper isn't finished yet.

As for the Desitin cream, I'm going to give that a try! Vertually every topical cream I see is marketed toward diaper rash, and all of them seem to look over chafing. I've tried Petroleum jelly in the past, but it seemed to get hot and lose it's pliability relitively quickly and still I got red marks along my inner thighs (but there again I wasn't wearing pull-ups.) I think I'll be investing in Abena and/or the Seni line of pull-ups.

Thank you for your input!

51 minutes ago, diaperedboilerman said:

I bought some really good cream from I think it was XP medical, but I can't find it now................I have also imported some Sudocrem from out of the country and it is really good also. you can get it in the UK and in Canada but not in the states for some reason. I forget if I found it on Ebay or Amazon.....I think Amazon This stuff is amazing 

GoodNESS, well after side-by-side comparison I have to say Sudocrem seems outstanding (I found it on Ebay). While as a general tule of thumb I prefer to shop at XP Medical, for the price point, quantity, and description, I believe I'll might just try Sudocrem.

In your experience does it generally last long enough for you until it's time to apply more? And is it easy to clean afterward?

I experienced this problem a number of times, and it is the second most common reason (after feeling shame) why I would stop wearing diapers in the past. A few years ago though I found an awesome diaper that doesn't leak, doesn't chafe and doesn't give rash. I was in heaven, because I could have a full wet diaper for over 24 hours without concern.

2 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

I found an awesome diaper that doesn't leak, doesn't chafe and doesn't give rash. I was in heaven, because I could have a full wet diaper for over 24 hours without concern.

Great simmering sausages! 24 hours? And no rash, chafing, or otherwise? What in twelve types of quick drying cement was this diaper?

Two words for chafing relief   SWEEN CREAM.  It's hard to find in stores but it's actually made for chafing and those with incontinence and urine burn.  When I get very painful chafing, not even from wearing diapers, I use Sween Cream and it's almost instant relief.  I take a fairly hot washcloth and blot the chafed area (Don't Rub), then pat dry.  I lightly rub some Sween Cream on the raw skin and it starts feeling better almost immediately.  In a few hours or overnight you won't even remember having chafed skin.  It says it's a skin moisturizer but it is the only thing in 35 years I have found to quickly heal skin and relieve the pain from chafing.

19 hours ago, ImDiapered said:

So for about the past five days now I have been diapered around the clock, for no reason other than just because. I'm generally pretty active, I love to walk and jog. Well so far I have learned perhaps I personally have sensitive skin, even a brisk stroll results in swift and severe chafing, such that buy now my inner thighs are raw! It is excruciating to say the least. My question to those of us assembled here who are diapered long term or permanently, I'm curious to know if you've ever had this issue and how you have handled it in the past, and what success you have had with it. I'm considering at some point becoming officially diaper dependant so for now I'm going through a trial and error process, finding my groove and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. Rashes have never been an issue for me, I'm hygienic enough I suppose that that hasn't ever been an issue for me - but chafing! This is a whole other issue which I'm having difficulty trying to troubleshoot. Any recomendations would be most appreciated!

I am diapered permenently and I promise you by far the best cream for chafing and diaper rash is calmoseptine cream.  It has a mild numbing effect and instantly provides relief.  By the next day your irritation will be gone.  A couple of other things.  After awhile your skin toughens up and gets much more used to diapers.  Wearing premimum diapers always helps.  Lastly, when you start to feel irratation immediately apply some baby powder and this will help to reduce rashes and chafing.

11 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Two words for chafing relief   SWEEN CREAM.  It's hard to find in stores but it's actually made for chafing and those with incontinence and urine burn.  When I get very painful chafing, not even from wearing diapers, I use Sween Cream and it's almost instant relief.  I take a fairly hot washcloth and blot the chafed area (Don't Rub), then pat dry.  I lightly rub some Sween Cream on the raw skin and it starts feeling better almost immediately.  In a few hours or overnight you won't even remember having chafed skin.  It says it's a skin moisturizer but it is the only thing in 35 years I have found to quickly heal skin and relieve the pain from chafing.

Thank you for this advice rusty pins. Sween Cream, noted! With 35 years behind it, I'll definitely be adding this to my collection and experimenting with it. And boy do you ever have the right idea about a hot wash cloth... So far I have employed soaks in hot baths followed by air-dry and Neosporin.

6 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

I am diapered permenently and I promise you by far the best cream for chafing and diaper rash is calmoseptine cream.  It has a mild numbing effect and instantly provides relief.  By the next day your irritation will be gone.  A couple of other things.  After awhile your skin toughens up and gets much more used to diapers.  Wearing premimum diapers always helps.  Lastly, when you start to feel irratation immediately apply some baby powder and this will help to reduce rashes and chafing.

Calmoseptin, this stuff sounds fantstic.  I'm quite attracted to the numbing aspect, as well as the fact that by it's name it sounds like it also anti-bacterial and sooths the skin. Oh I only wear premium, I'm in Dry 24/7. But I need to try some others still , as well as some pull-ups like from Abena or Seni. Hopefully my skin will adapt to this, it's really sensitive... I'd apply baby powder first thing if I could, but outdoors or anywhere theres not a restroom for a while, I'm usually out of luck.

So, so far thanks to everyone's recomendations I've narrowed my search down to Sudocrem, Sween Cream, and Calmoseptin. I can't thank you all enough for your input, it's a great help - this chafing business is heinous.

9 hours ago, Howdy21 said:

Walk don't run

Waddle don't walk

wad.jpg

Okay Howdy21? This is way too precious. Thank you for sharing : )

Sween and calmoseptine are made by the same company if I remember right, i have always used calmoseptine , if you put it on and let it dry it gets reactivated next time you void and "tingles" all over again.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I walk my doggy about 5 miles a day, & I've been doing some long hikes of 15 miles or so as well over the past year.  I had to solve a similar chafing problem when I went to wearing 9-5.  Someone on one forum or another (may have been here but I forget) suggested trying Body Glide as a lubricant & that certainly helped.  It doesn't mess your clothes up either. I generally wear pullups (Tena Maxi), as these don't have too much of a bulge between my legs so are less likely to cause chafing - they wick up the front & back instead, or seem to.  I always (or nearly always) set off in a dry or nearly-dry pullup.  On longer walks I change before it's too full, so for a 5 or 8-hour walk I'll typically change once (in a field, or a wood...).  For me, a onesie actually helps, as again it lifts the bulge up so less rubbing.  Mind you, the chafing risk for me is the top of my thighs, not generally along the edge of the nappy.  I usually wear Rackety's onesies, but I think my new ABDownUnder ones would work the same way - I'll find out later today.  The poppers can't rub against my skin anyway.  And I wear soft polyurethane pants, which don't cause problems either.  I did walk the doggy in my first Rearz Safari last week, & got chafing from that, but I suppose I was asking for trouble there!  I'm in love with those nappies & have put my 2nd on today, but they're made for waddling, not hiking.  Btw I'm 5ft9in and about 11 stone (that's 154 lbs in US money). I'd guess that the more weight you're carrying the more chafing you're in danger of getting.

Update: just back from 5 miles with Binkie (names changed to protect the innocent).  I set off in a half-full Rearz Safari (already 5 hours on) to see whether I could get round without chafing.  It seemed to work, which makes me very happy.  If I can keep that up, it means I can start my nappied day in a Safari when I want to & keep it on all day.  Otherwise I'd be using 2 pullups (serially), which is what I've done for the past few months but it isn't nearly as suitable for a baby like me.  I had to waddle like an 18-month-old to prevent rubbing, but it was pretty quiet out there today as it's been snowing gently all day.  And because of the snow I had my coat hood up, & the velcro flap fastened across the bottom of my face.  Which means nobody could see my mouth so I had my dummy in for most of the way round.  Result!

I have few pair of legged underwear I put over my diaper and then a onesie to support and prevent too much diapersag it usually helps in preventing chafing from bulky diapers. I’ve just ordered two rackety popper West’s with short legs. Looking forward to try them out and see how well they perform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk