LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Its a shame DD lost some content in posts.

username

Not only has DD lost quite a lot of posts but some posts are missing their content. Its a shame because there was such a wealth off information in the missing posts and if your reading a thread most of the information is gone so makes it hard to follow. I think if DD lost many of the older posts especially the IC desires ones it would be a huge lose to our community because i think them posts are priceless. It actually makes me feel sad.

• Thanks 1

You do not know the half of it

I have noticed this, I thought it was my system/browser configuration, so am glad I am not alone as this negates the possibility of this being the cause.

It is rather annoying; as a hypothetical example this is what tends to happen for me:
What should be present

Hello, my name is X and I wear nappies Y often because of Z. I live in A and have met many people into this type of thing. I am finding it difficult to explain to my close friends who do not know yet about my interest though

What I am often seeing

Hello, my name is X and I wear nappies Y often because of Z. I live

Additionally, I've noticed that where text is quoted I only see the quoted text in the outline box and not the response intended with it, or sometimes just an empty quote box. What is odd is that more text is often displayed in the activity log of the posting user.

Yes, it is odd that getting rid of an intruder or virus has caused such violence to the content. Can you imagine such a thing happening to, say, all the customer accounts of a bank that was hacked?

It is a shame indeed and by the looks of it, it can’t be recovered. It is of no use to cry over lost content. Fortunately members are pretty active here on daily diapers so there is only one thing left to do and can be done is to rebuild and restore whatever got lost in a joint effort.

I was a sysadmin in a chemistry lab once upon a time, and I got into a situation where the backups I was told existed when I took the job didn't exist. I didn't find this out until the disk drive of the big old HP computer started to go down. I called HP, explained my situation, and got one of their techs to fly in and help me back up the dying disk to a good one. I got into a bit of trouble for that - if you've ever been a government worker you've probably heard the term "unauthorized commitment of funds". But I was able to keep the system up and running and to institute a decent backup schedule.

My point in telling this is that when you have problems with your system you do whatever you have to do to fix it and keep it running, or to get it running again. I have a feeling that the people here had to restore from a backup that turned out not to be 100%. The result is what we've seen.

In the case of stories, a lot of authors have had good copies that they could put back.

In the case of old threads, a lot of them are missing a considerable amount of information, and I believe that this is a good argument for starting a new thread even if there's an existing thread on the same subject.

It was devastating as I lost some of my best posts during that time.  Majority of them I have rewritten like my experiences in diapers because I felt it was that important to our community.  I also lost a lot of content about my progress with my desire to be unpotty trained.  Most of that has also now been reposted.