LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

could anyone stop being an ABDL? I mean there was any case where the adult baby wanted to change and he/she succeded?

Chris24

I'm not planning on giving up my lifestyle this is really who I am and it makes me feel super secure and happy but I wonder if anyone wants to change... is there a chance to change? I'm just curious

I'm sure it has happened, trouble is the people who are successful don't come back to diaperland to tell us :)

I support anyone who feels they need to give up the lifestyle for personal reasons, and always wish them the best, even when it means loosing a friend!

...and those who come back are always welcome!

• Like 2

oh, I see. :) I feel similar.  the only difference is that I just can't understand these people. This is why I am here and why I am the one who I am right now :D If I gave up this lifestyle I would give up a very important part of being me. No, I even go further, in this case, I would deny who I am and why I am the one I am.:D  sorry, I'm not native I tried so so hard to share my thoughts on this. xD

• Like 1

Of course it's possible. Anything is possible. People have changed much greater things about themselves than their fetishes. It all depends upon one's motivation. If someone believes this lifestyle is truly unhealthy for them then of course they can change. The feelings might never truly go away, but a person can certainly stop acting on them.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

@Mark84 I agree -- I've gone I think 4 years at maximum, but the same goes. I spent hours in diaper aisles in stores wondering if I could afford it in a particular month etc. I finally caved and got a new pacifier last December. It's not the same as diapers but it brings out the baby (helplessness, unable to talk to communicate, unable to voluntarily control dribbling etc) so...

• 1 month later...

As  i have replied   in another thread with same question  

Trying  to  keep back one self's  inner  feelings will only result in one thing   DISASTER  whether  youre a   AB /DL /Little one  /Sissy /   TS /Transgender  Bisexual /homosexual etc...........   the ONLY result that will happen  is that said  feelings will only grow STRONGER   and STRONGER  and STRONGER    and you WILL  sooner then laiter have to face them head  on and try to find a way to accept &  incorporate said  inner  feelings in youre life  somehow   

Im talking from MANY years  of experience in trying to hide my own feelings and who i am and what i am and i KNOW you CANT  win against youre own inner soul . Simple as that                    

As far as I know this has never happened. The best thing for any ABDL to do is search for self-acceptance and find time to be in littlespace. I know that my adult side does much better when my little side gets what he wants.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:58 PM, cookiemonster23 said:

I think someone can ignore their urges, but they'll never truly go away. 

I totally agree with this statement^ I've never been able to get rid of my Mommy urges or interests in diapers and ABDL.

I have met a few people who have left the community and swore that they were going to give it all up only to return. 

I've also had close friends tell me that they've tried to not wear diapers and or not be an adult baby and they've been successful for a period of time, but the urges never went away.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:14 AM, MommyWigglebutt said:

I totally agree with this statement^ I've never been able to get rid of my Mommy urges or interests in diapers and ABDL.

I have met a few people who have left the community and swore that they were going to give it all up only to return. 

I've also had close friends tell me that they've tried to not wear diapers and or not be an adult baby and they've been successful for a period of time, but the urges never went away.

Those friends who swore they’d never do it again are probably in the “purge” phase of the binge-purge cycle. They’ll probably end up doing it again in secret. 

Why would someone wish to "kick the habit", or as some say, "cure" (I hate that word) AB/DL?  To fit more properly into a lifestyle deemed more "normal"?  To get approval of others?  To conform to other's opinion as to more appropriate behavior?  What about yourself?  Just do what makes you happy.  Learn to accept it instead of rejecting it or being embarrassed about it. 

AB/DL is totally harmless to you or others.  So where is the reason to run away from it or wish to be "cured" of your feelings?  It seems more a reason to better satisfy others who may not approve, who are very judgmental in the negative about those who don't fit their opinion of a normal and healthy lifestyle.   Healthy lifestyle is one that makes you happy and satisfied with life, and if AB/DL assist you in that, more power to it.  

I can't speak for others, but I lived in fear of discovery of my baby fantasy I harbored for way too many years.  Now, with the discovery of the AB/DL community, I'm free of such concerns.  I've finally embraced it instead of suppressing it.  Its a new phase in my life and I love it. 

I'm sure there are those who purged and walked away, but I'm not at all sure it is forever.  Eventually, they will be back.  It is not something you just turn off.  However, for me, why would you want to?  Learning to embrace and accept it, feel good about it instead of ashamed of it, and just enjoy your life, which is all too short.  Be happy you have something that helps reduce stress, anxiety, and brings happiness.  There are a host of other methods which promise the same (drugs, alcohol, etc.), but give me AB/DL over that stuff any time.

To answer some of @gee baby's questions, some of us aren't proud of being ABDL. Just because you have an fetish, fantasy, or what have you doesn't mean you necessarily want to. I support anyone who is proud of being ABDL and incorporates it into their everyday normal lifestyle, so these opinions are solely in regards to me and myself alone. I'm not proud and I'm not open about it. It's great to have a community where I can talk to like-minded people, but if I could rid myself of this interest I would in a heartbeat. I can't pretend like there are no negatives associated with this interest. It is both socially and financially taxing, and because of the way I was conditioned growing up it is also very embarrassing. Not to mention that ABDL has a poor perception in the media and gets the most attention when someone in the community is behaving badly or perpetuates the negative stereotypes we already have. For me and own my personality, all of these things vastly outweigh the comfort I get from wearing diapers. But those urges don't go away just because I'm embarassed. I've been through the binge/purge cycles, but I've come back each time because I can't get rid of the interest. 

I really value my adult life and my reputation outside the community- -not to say that most ABDLs don't- and for me it's not something I could be open about outside of this website. The people around me would not understand, and I wouldn't blame them for reacting badly because they don't know any different. I value my relationships with these people and would not want to take on their judgement or labels if they were to find out. I take a risk every time I purchase or put on a diaper and I fear anyone coming to know that I have this interest. I don't live in fear, but it's a constant nagging feeling in the back of my mind.

If ABDL were something completely accepted and normalized I wouldn't have a problem because there would be no risk involved. Would I give it up if the alternative was addiction, alcoholism, or a worse habit? Of course not, but if I could give up these feelings and no longer have them, I would. But because I can't, I make do the best I can. I no longer deny my longing for diapers or keep it bottled up. I wear them when I can and enjoy discussing them with people who share the interest. I've learned to accept that it's something I enjoy, but I wish I didn't. 

its because theres no tangible outcome and theres cheaper, less stigma attached, hobbies + interests to have. 

if i could i would. not because of guilt, (Forget What Other People Think) but to be more successful and take all the time i spend on ABDL and turn it into something more productive. like learn a new language, spend more time with friends or family, or volunteer. but i know my POS self, id just replace all that time with more video games or books =/ so i wouldnt better myself anyway, so i just accept it at this point. afterall, it could be worse.

• Like 1

I’m sorry if AB/DL is uncomfortable and apologize if anything I say seems to dismiss that feeling.  I’ve shared it in the past, just wonder now why I was so concerned?

20 years ago I felt very ashamed of this, in my mind, perverted desire.  I would have given it up because I was really scared of discovery and was totally embarrassed about how I didn’t fit what I thought was the acceptable.  Now I regret I ever felt that way.  What I desire is normal for me and anything that makes me glad to be alive is a good thing.  Well, at least as long it does not harm me or anyone else.

I’m not passing judgement, everyone should treat their feelings and desires as they wish and I can only wish everyone success in attaining their happiness goals, whatever they are.

No need to apologize at all. Everyone goes through life differently and has different experiences and feelings. What matters most is, like you said, that we're happy and are not harming anyone in the process of attaining that happiness. I hope I didn't come off as defensive as that was never my intention. I just wanted to share my own perspective as someone who wishes there was a way to change, no pun intended ;) 

9 minutes ago, Ketcher said:

I just wanted to share my own perspective as someone who wishes there was a way to change, no pun intended ;) 

LOL, That actually was hilarious, whether pun intended or not!   

I haven't actually worn a diaper in about five years -- not to say I don't dream of it, walk through shop aisles wondering if I can afford it in any given month (just Saturday I had the same thought -- in fact this morning (Monday)).

So things always get in the way, but it doesn't stop the dreaming. It is made easier probably by the fact that I sleep with a pacifier in my mouth, and when I get irritated and want to control swearing after losing chess games online, a pacifier is a very good way to control the ability to talk.