LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABU ending free shipping

Always sucks when prices go up. I'm just glad they explained their reasoning instead of just upping the price behind the scenes. Still gonna buy a case of the new simple ultra or whatever they're calling it in February. 

• Like 1

I understand and can agree on their reasons. But it still sucks! I’m sure they are compelled to do so, or go out. What angers me about it though, (and the anger is not directed at them) is that, I can’t turn around and raise more funds from somewhere, or somehow. I can’t go in to my job tomorrow, and arbitrary tell them, “ sorry I have to get more wages for working here, commodities have gone up, and I have to raise more funds to operate”.  Reaction, you want a raise? NOT! 

So, same old s**t. We keep paying more, and making less. Somebody’s making more money, but it ant me! 

• Like 1

Like Bill said, any company or government organization who may need money (or just wants more money for profits) can raise prices at their will.  Economy is bad, they raise consumer costs to make up for it.  Unfortunately, when the economy is bad, that's when consumers have the least money.  That makes things worse all the way around because now consumers will buy even less instead of it being the other way around.  That makes companies and government agencies up the rates even more!  It's endless!  These companies and agencies think they have a way out of their own lower income situations by just passing on an increase to make up for it, but they don't stop to think that everyone is in the same situation and consumers just don't have the same option of passing off an increase to someone to get more funds!  Simple economics that companies and governments fail to see that causes a recession to get worse instead of better.  Case in point.  How many people will stop buying a product or their diapers from ABU due to the price increase and go somewhere else?  Then what increase will ABU come up with to make up for their losses?  Likewise, how many customers will the USPS lose due to rate increases when people will go to UPS, FedEx or others?  How many people switch airlines due to baggage rate increases?  To me it's the principal of it all.  Even if I would pay a few pennies extra somewhere else I won't support a company that just raises rates on people because they can.  Look at it he opposite way.  When an airline lowers it's rates or runs a special, how many more people will take advantage and buy tickets?  The lower fares actually increase business and profits, not decrees them!  The same goes with groceries.  When a store puts something on sale, people come in to buy their items at a savings to them over the normal price.  If the price went up instead, people would shop elsewhere or not buy that piece of meat and it would spoil costing the store money due to their higher price instead of making them money.  The trend with groceries now is to cut the amount inside and keep the price relatively the same.  What used to be a 32 ounce can of spaghetti sauce when to 28 ounces, then down to 24 ounces. Same with 16 ounce bag of potato chips.  It went to 14 ounces, then 11 and now 9-1/2 ounces!  It always pisses me off that when the economy is struggling and people can't afford things, my city and township raise rates for trash pick up, taxes, police and fire, etc.  They want to remain the same when everyone else is struggling.  It just drives the recession deeper and deeper.  No reason the city and township shouldn't also tighten their belts a little and work with less until things improve for everyone.

I consider myself lucky as I only buy a half-case once a year and supplement with Goodnites, so this does not affect me terribly much, but for those who go 24/7 I imagine this is a huge blow.

Shipping costs for everything are going to go up significantly this year. New electronic logging laws are going into effect for truckers meaning they can spend less time driving which means more trucks & drivers will be needed to deliver the same amount of freight... and guess who gets to eat the cost of that?

Supply and Demand.  As long as the demand is there and he can supply them, he can charge whatever he wants (or what he can get from people).  If demand drops off, perhaps prices will go down or shipping will go away.

14 hours ago, daddyeric91 said:

Consider this, ABU makes diapers for about 50 cents a diaper and then charges the consumer (everyone else) 2.50 a diaper and then wants to charge people for shipping.....He is over there kicking rocks acting like its a boulder.

Consider this. They have rent, employees, taxes, utilities, etc etc. Because the diaper itself cost .50 doesn't mean the end result isn't .50 per diaper. I know from being in manufacturing for nearly 8 years in plastics.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, daddyeric91 said:

Consider this, ABU makes diapers for about 50 cents a diaper and then charges the consumer (everyone else) 2.50 a diaper and then wants to charge people for shipping.....He is over there kicking rocks acting like its a boulder.

Can definitely tell you are 22, with little real-world business experience. ABU has to pay for their facilities, pay their employees, pay for web space, pay taxes on all of that, and they've still got to make a profit sufficient to continue their operation. They can either increase the prices of their product which, as you point out, are expensive already or they can charge shipping.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Darkfinn said:

Can definitely tell you are 22, with little real-world business experience. ABU has to pay for their facilities, pay their employees, pay for web space, pay taxes on all of that, and they've still got to make a profit sufficient to continue their operation. They can either increase the prices of their product which, as you point out, are expensive already or they can charge shipping.

Watch your mouth Finn. Just because I don't update my age doesn't mean I don't understand supply and demand and money management. Let's make a little bet. I guarantee abu becomes just like bambino in 5 years. Shitty quality diaper with free shipping and making diapers at 15 cents a diaper.

2 hours ago, daddyeric91 said:

Watch your mouth Finn. Just because I don't update my age doesn't mean I don't understand supply and demand and money management. Let's make a little bet. I guarantee abu becomes just like bambino in 5 years. Shitty quality diaper with free shipping and making diapers at 15 cents a diaper.

wowsers.  Who pissed in your diaper? 

Or we could go back to 5-7 years ago when there were basically no ABDL producers at all, and everything was super expensive and crap quality.  I'll take AB universe and their open communications and great product.  Would rather not pay more, but I also want them to be around for years to come.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, daddyeric91 said:

Telling someone to shut there mouths just proves his statement is accurate.  

• Like 2

Sucks to be them! I havent bought their products in 2 years due to increasing prices. Let 'em keep hiking it if they are desperate. My income ain't growing as fast as their prices lol.

9 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Let 'em keep hiking it if they are desperate. My income ain't growing as fast as their prices lol.

There is a difference between desperation and simply staying in business. Shipping costs for everything you buy are going to go up this year... get ready for it.

On 1/2/2018 at 6:52 PM, daddyeric91 said:

just how much do you think that container ship costs to get them to the states.  then packaging then storage, then reshipping, the building, the utilities, the internet, taxes, ect... try owning a business....  then and only then will you understand

20 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Sucks to be them! I havent bought their products in 2 years due to increasing prices. Let 'em keep hiking it if they are desperate. My income ain't growing as fast as their prices lol.

Their products weren't so good back then compared to now either; I have tried an earlier version of SDKs before the current owners improved their lineup and they are nowhere near as great as their products are now.

They are definitely worth the increased price and the shipping charges won't stop most of us from still buying from them.

It sucks, but it's a necessity for them to stay in business. This new electronic logging law is already causing price hikes, and ABU is already a victim. If it means that they can keep making quality diapers, then I don't have too much of a problem myself. 

Try selling anything on EBAY.  They encourage you to make your shipping Free.  You sell an item for $20 with free shipping and depending on the size and where it goes to, you could pay anywhere from $6.34 up to $25+.  EBAY takes it's final value fees and lets say you live in Ohio or Pennsylvania and the buyer is in California.  By the time you pay shipping and EBAY fees you may have lost money.  Shipping is costly and depending on package size and distance to ship it, it will cost a lot!  You can take the chance by raising the price of your product to cover your postage costs and offer free shipping, but sometimes you may be a little ahead and sometimes you may lose money depending on how far away you have to ship to your customer.  Offering one reasonable rate for your product but then charging actual shipping rates to each customer's destination does make more sense, but some will end up paying more than others for postage depending on their location.