LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheter issues

So, one thing I noticed when I have a catheter in is that every now and then, it will feel like I'm trying to pee really hard.  I'm guessing these are bladder cramps?  Either way, is this normal or how do I make them stop.  Because it is borderline painful.

A lot depends on what size catheter you are using and what will fit you the best? Years back I started out with using 12FR figuring smaller was better. I had plenty of bladder spasms and leaking around catheter Since then I have found the 16FR works best for me. Of course with frequent catheter use the spasms are less and less of an issue.  

• Like 1

I used to have the same problems as you, painfully spasming every 2h. It ruins the whole experience.

For some reason the spasms has stopped for me so I'm thinking it's due to the following :

1. I started filling the balloon with less fluid. I only have around 5-6 ml now. This reduces the irritation on trigone of the bladder where most of the sensory nerves are. 

2. "Frequent" usage also helps by fibrosis and scar tissue (less sensitive to stimuli). Do not damage your bladder by doing stupid things as I did though. I freaking thought I could run with a tube in my dong, only to end up with a pink diaper! Oh the horror... 

3. Anticholinergics - try to get some prescriptions. Tell the doc you have frequent bladder spasms (without telling about the cath) 

4. Clench your sphincter when you're spasming. It used to help me a little. 

5. Lie down, or sit in a relaxed position (again, to move balloon from trigone) 

I use Ch 18. I don't think the sizd influence the spasming. If anything my personal opinion is that smaller is better. Next purchase for me is going to be ch 16. 

Good luck! :D

I used to have the same problems as you back in the days when I still used catheters. Personally I found that a larger diameter and a full balloon caused less spasm. I started with a CH 12 and turned to CH18 whit in only a view attempts of the CH12. Once I found the right size I was able to keep it in days at a row without problems for the most time. However, every so now and then I got spasms and indeed it does ruin the experience. I learned how to make stents and ever since then it has been my primary choice. No more spasms and almost nothing sticking out. Last but not least it extends the duration of wearing something that makes you feel incontinent.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

A lot depends on what size catheter you are using and what will fit you the best? Years back I started out with using 12FR figuring smaller was better. I had plenty of bladder spasms and leaking around catheter Since then I have found the 16FR works best for me. Of course with frequent catheter use the spasms are less and less of an issue.  

10 hours ago, dlnoir said:

I used to have the same problems as you back in the days when I still used catheters. Personally I found that a larger diameter and a full balloon caused less spasm. I started with a CH 12 and turned to CH18 whit in only a view attempts of the CH12. Once I found the right size I was able to keep it in days at a row without problems for the most time. However, every so now and then I got spasms and indeed it does ruin the experience. I learned how to make stents and ever since then it has been my primary choice. No more spasms and almost nothing sticking out. Last but not least it extends the duration of wearing something that makes you feel incontinent.

Thank you for the advice!  I'm using a 16FR, and noticing that I have leakage around the erm, insertion site of the cath.  I also found clenching helps with the spasms.  I think I'll try going to a larger size, and see if that helps.  I appreciate all the help and advice!

First time I used a cath (16fr) I got the spasms and bypassing (could tell by the burning from never using one before :S ) . It gets better next time you use one ...at least it did for me. 

Another thing I tried as some have suggested is to only put 5ml in the 10ml balloon. And also I've only been using cath's as a modified with the hole and end blocked off so probably makes a large difference.

Just keep clenching :)

11 hours ago, Puppyz said:

First time I used a cath (16fr) I got the spasms and bypassing (could tell by the burning from never using one before :S ) . It gets better next time you use one ...at least it did for me. 

Another thing I tried as some have suggested is to only put 5ml in the 10ml balloon. And also I've only been using cath's as a modified with the hole and end blocked off so probably makes a large difference.

Just keep clenching :)

I'm noticing that it wasn't as bad as before, so that's a thing.  I'm going to try a larger size, 18fr and see if that helps at all.  Thanks for the advice!

I have been using catheters on and off for some time. One thing I've noticed is that the skin near the end of the pee pee has become bright red, but not sore. I have been using the silicone coated latex type and thought it might be a sign of latex intolerance. Does anyone have any other ideas? I have some silicone catheters on order.

So, I tried the "holey foley" with one of my 16fr's.  WOW.  No cramps or spasms to speak of.  Talk about a completely different experience!  I'm trying an 18fr holey.  This is for sure a game changer for me.

• Like 1
On 1/2/2018 at 11:20 PM, Old_PA said:

I have been using catheters on and off for some time. One thing I've noticed is that the skin near the end of the pee pee has become bright red, but not sore. I have been using the silicone coated latex type and thought it might be a sign of latex intolerance. Does anyone have any other ideas? I have some silicone catheters on order.

All OK after changing to silicone.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:29 PM, Old_PA said:

All OK after changing to silicone.

Great to hear that!

On 1/5/2018 at 9:07 PM, Loveable_guy said:

Won't be long before you are cutting the cath short around 5" and making stents. And then you soon forget you have one in at all.

I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of a commitment, or even how to begin to make them!

21 hours ago, Somelildude said:

Great to hear that!

I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of a commitment, or even how to begin to make them!

Well, when you are ready there is lot of good information on this board to help guild you and we all add something so when you are ready ask away. 

• Like 1

When I started to follow up on my desire to wet my diaper without having any control over it I started out with catheters, for me it was a good method to get acquainted with the physical sensations during installation. Unfortunately (to my opinion) one could only keep it in for a limited amount of time, not long enough for me. Then I came across some information on how to make a stent and developed my own from that point on. Nowadays I stick with stents, but to learn what can be done or not and the sensations that come with installing a stent are to my opinion best learned true catheter play.

8 hours ago, dlnoir said:

When I started to follow up on my desire to wet my diaper without having any control over it I started out with catheters, for me it was a good method to get acquainted with the physical sensations during installation. Unfortunately (to my opinion) one could only keep it in for a limited amount of time, not long enough for me. Then I came across some information on how to make a stent and developed my own from that point on. Nowadays I stick with stents, but to learn what can be done or not and the sensations that come with installing a stent are to my opinion best learned true catheter play.

That's good to know!  For now, I'll stick with caths.  But, I'll be reading up on stents!

• 1 month later...

Initially when I began experimenting with catheters more than 12 years ago. There were lots of odd feelings and discomfort not to mention incontinence urge for a few hours after removal.  For the last 3 or 4 months since returning from overseas, I have been using a Foley almost 24/7. The last one I removed 2 days ago after being in place for 6 weeks. [To be able to sleep through the nights was wonderful, the night bag was kept in a hot water bottle cover.] After removal, things immediately seemed 'normal' although with only 200ml (7 fl oz) in the bladder there was strong need to pee. Today when handling some water, I found myself peeing a little without control.  Slippery slope ??

• 1 month later...

Any recommendations for a first time catheter user? Im looking to try one in the next couple weeks. 

Hygiene is the most important thing. You will hear many routines on here to stay safe. They know what they are talking about.  Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly. For now, one use per catheter. Don't open the package until you are ready to use it. Sanitize everything. Catheter is clean so don't sanitize that. Even after that, you could still get an infection. If you do then drink cranberry juice and see a doctor if possible. It will feel weird and maybe even hurt a little. If you feel stabbing/cutting pain, you are doing it wrong.

Now that you are properly aware of the risk, it is fun. Get a diaper ready before hand because you are going to leak with no control. Put on a good diaper and be aware you will flood if you sit down for a while and then standing up. First time, I wouldn't keep it in over a day at most.

If any veteran can chime in on anything I forgot please do.

Hygiene is the most important thing. You will hear many routines on here to stay safe. They know what they are talking about.  Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly. For now, one use per catheter. Don't open the package until you are ready to use it. Sanitize everything. Catheter is clean so don't sanitize that. Even after that, you could still get an infection. If you do then drink cranberry juice and see a doctor if possible. It will feel weird and maybe even hurt a little. If you feel stabbing/cutting pain, you are doing it wrong.
Now that you are properly aware of the risk, it is fun. Get a diaper ready before hand because you are going to leak with no control. Put on a good diaper and be aware you will flood if you sit down for a while and then standing up. First time, I wouldn't keep it in over a day at most.

If any veteran can chime in on anything I forgot please do.

Use latex gloves.
Sterile lubricant only.
A non plug catheter in a dipper will allow you to get infection.
Get a leg bag or belly bag.
You get bladder spasms the will cause nerve sensitivity for me they stimulating and even sexual.
Train your mind and turn that catheter into a sex toy, even body different.
I’m gifted to have 24/7 sexual feeling to the true Foley catheter NONE of that homemade stent stuff. ONLY use the medical tool for cock stuffing . Once you do damage it’s expensive to fix. I have use Foley catheter and Spanner stent and Van Burin sounds up to 50 fr sound. I’m a catheter slave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...
Initially when I began experimenting with catheters more than 12 years ago. There were lots of odd feelings and discomfort not to mention incontinence urge for a few hours after removal.  For the last 3 or 4 months since returning from overseas, I have been using a Foley almost 24/7. The last one I removed 2 days ago after being in place for 6 weeks. [To be able to sleep through the nights was wonderful, the night bag was kept in a hot water bottle cover.] After removal, things immediately seemed 'normal' although with only 200ml (7 fl oz) in the bladder there was strong need to pee. Today when handling some water, I found myself peeing a little without control.  Slippery slope ??

I love Foley catheter, are you losing bladder control by the use of Foley catheter? I’m addicted to cock stuffing

Since writing that I had a catheter in for another couple of weeks then got sick of it. I had the prostate out a while back so down to one sphincter muscle. Small leaks when tired are normal. The catheter no doubt makes me lazy. The continence nurse / physio would hate it. ha. Unlike many on this site I am not seeking incontinence as it would be too inconvenient. I was out last weekend and on two occasions could not find a place when the need arose. Catheter went back in Sunday night.   I find the tiny 12f the most comfortable.

Since writing that I had a catheter in for another couple of weeks then got sick of it. I had the prostate out a while back so down to one sphincter muscle. Small leaks when tired are normal. The catheter no doubt makes me lazy. The continence nurse / physio would hate it. ha. Unlike many on this site I am not seeking incontinence as it would be too inconvenient. I was out last weekend and on two occasions could not find a place when the need arose. Catheter went back in Sunday night.   I find the tiny 12f the most comfortable.

I have used a 30 fr for 27 days I got so sexual stimulating none stop I’m a catheter slave
Where did you get a spanner stent?

From my uroligist asked if I’m a candidate for the Spanner , Spanner is approved by insurance co.

From my uroligist asked if I’m a candidate for the Spanner , Spanner is approved by insurance co.

Do you use depends?

On 4/11/2018 at 3:34 AM, Catheterslave said:

Damn, I've always wanted to try one but I don't think my doctor would approve me because I'm young and have no reason for one. I've bought catheters online tho, cant find anyone selling spanners. How is the spanner? Does it make you temporarily incontinent? Is it uncomfortable? I like the idea of not being able to control my pee but catheters are usually a little uncomfortable for me to wear for a long time.