LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advice for stomach pain?

Ive been suffering from bad stomach pain for over 12 hours, it seems to be easing up, but its still enough to be a bother especially if i press it.

Ive been sick many times before, but this is something i haven't experienced before, i normally power through being sick to get my work days done, but i just couldnt with this (ive mostly been drinking ginger ale and getting extra sleep because my sleeping was messed up last night and ive barely ate anything) and thankfully i dont work again until the 2nd so hopefully this has run its course by tommorow so i can enjoy the long weekend off.

2 hours ago, tyrantblade3500 said:

Ive been suffering from bad stomach pain for over 12 hours, it seems to be easing up, but its still enough to be a bother especially if i press it.

Ive been sick many times before, but this is something i haven't experienced before, i normally power through being sick to get my work days done, but i just couldnt with this (ive mostly been drinking ginger ale and getting extra sleep because my sleeping was messed up last night and ive barely ate anything) and thankfully i dont work again until the 2nd so hopefully this has run its course by tommorow so i can enjoy the long weekend off.

12 hours? that sounds like a long time to have a bad stomach pain.

I used to keep getting stomach pains and throwing up, turned out I had an appendicitis.

Of course yours might not be, but 12 hours and a bad stomach pain sounds a little worrying: if it's still not getting better and really hurts really bad I'd go to the hospital. 

Peppermint breath savers sooth my stomach, when my gut gives me trouble. (breath savers not life savers, life savers have sugar breath savers have no sugar.)

I have bowel movement problems because of my strong meds, if I get constipated quickly, it leads to symptoms like you are speaking of.

To be safe look up the signs of appendicitis and ulcers, just in case it something more severe, than a simple stomach ache.

The problem with abdominal pain, is there can be many causes as to what is happening, from simple indigestion to acute appendicitis. I too don’t like going to the doctor every time I feel bad, but use your judgement. How long has it been since you’ve had a bowel movement? And what has the consistency/color been like? Could be an impacted bowel as well. I personally have IBS and will sometimes get extreme stomach cramps. My fix is usually pepto bismol and a hot bath or shower with rest. I too enjoy ginger ale to settle my stomach, but do make sure you are staying up on your fluids, such as water and electrolytes, especially if you’ve been experiencing frequent diarrhea. I know the SmartWater brand has electrolytes in it, and you can have the occasional Gatorade as well, but water is key. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon. Abdominal pain is some of the worst pain. 

Don't go to urgent care. They can't do anything for abdominal pain. As an ER nurse i can tell you that there is a million things that can cause stomach pain like you are describing, but if it is so bad you are coming in here looking for help, I would say a trip to the ER is warranted. Don't die from stubbornness. Just go.

• Like 2

There's no need to go to the doctor for stomach pain unless you are throwing up and/or have severe pain. If it's a persistent tummy-ache, it's likely something you can deal with yourself. When it's on the left side for me, it's usually gas. I made the mistake (twice) of going to urgent care for pain in the lower left part of my abdomen and both times it has been trapped gas. 2-3 fiber brownies later and I was fine.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:18 PM, warpiper said:

Don't go to urgent care. They can't do anything for abdominal pain. As an ER nurse i can tell you that there is a million things that can cause stomach pain like you are describing, but if it is so bad you are coming in here looking for help, I would say a trip to the ER is warranted. Don't die from stubbornness. Just go.

Amen and personally so. In my past life as a "tough  guy" I'd had a little constipation but seemed OK. I was drinking beer lightly- just six in a few hours time- when I felt some cramping. Took some ExLax but the cramps worsened. Two hours later I had a fever, was going delirious, and felt like I was going to explode. At the hospital they removed my appendix and some polyps :rolleyes: Turns out that had I waited much longer my intestines would have burst and I would have probably been dead 6-12 hours after that :o Just one day between what I thought was completely healthy and possible death' :whistling: Don't be stubborn- stubborn is stupid and it can kill you!

Bettypooh

Im pretty sure its some sort of stomach bug that needs to run its course as im feeling a lot better now; its only 1/2 as bad as yesterday and maybe 10% what it was when it started at 1 AM a few days ago .

The only thing i did today which i think helped (or maybe its coincidence) was pooped and took a good long shower and all that good stuff to make me feel super squeaky clean.

• Like 1