LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

discrete swimwear for urinary incontinence

Hi just wondering if people know of any good discrete swimwear for urinary incontinence as I do a bit of swimming and might start hydrotherapy again.

Other issues with needing discreteness is hydotherapy doesn't allow any incontinence in the pool as well as I share a clothesline area with my neighbors as live in a block of units and I don't want any one to find out as well as I don't want people finding out while wearing.

Thanks

I don’t know of any garment (discrete or not) that will contain urine while you are in the water swimming. I wear ordinary boxer-style swimming trunks on the rare occasions that I get into the water. The trick is to get into the water quickly after you’ve taken off your diaper and  put on your trunks and then get back to a place where you can rediaper yourself at the end. You can’t lounge around the pool or on the beach undiapered before or after swimming if other people are around. I have no idea how the hydrotherapy facility can prevent incontinence in its pool except by banning incontinent people. On the other hand, it would be difficult for the staff to detect if you wet yourself while you were in the pool. 

It's basically so I dont "drip everywhere" when I get out of pool/water as my bladder tends to be weaker after getting out of water or in water if that makes sense as sometimes if at beach nowhere to get changed until back at mates place or something and that requires a drive etc.  

43 minutes ago, sjaeger said:

It's basically so I dont "drip everywhere" when I get out of pool/water as my bladder tends to be weaker after getting out of water or in water if that makes sense as sometimes if at beach nowhere to get changed until back at mates place or something and that requires a drive etc.  

I would say wear a plastic pant or other waterproof diaper cover under your trunks, and when you get out of the pool, slip a pad in to absorb leaks till you get back.

None of the "swim diapers" be it disposable or not are really designed to hold urine.    Urine isn't usually considered an issue with pools, feces is.    Even then swim diapers are far from optimal.   If you know you have feces in your diaper you need to get out IMMEDIATLEY and get changed.   It's not designed as a continuous barrier.   You turn the thing into a fecal tea bag.    If you have "loose" stools, you need to scrap the pool idea all together.

DD's probably got the best answer.    They make very thin plastic pants for this purpose.

I've tried jsut about all of these technologies in my pool/hottub.

The problem with putting plastic pants (or some other barrier) over either a cloth or other diaper is that eventually it will leak pool water inward and you'll end up with a very heavy weight around you.

No solution exists here nor can there be an easy one. Unlike babies, adults have depressions along either side of the spine which will not close with something stretched across them :whistling: No amount of tightness will fully mitigate that but it helps somewhat. Your only real option is to change your habits. When your swimwear starts drying out you either have to get it wet in the water again or get out of it for something protective and dry instead. If your swimwear isn't very absorbent there's a point where slipping a pad in might work if it's enough protection and if it is removed before re-entering the water.

There are always choices in life but sometimes the only ones you get are all bad ones :( You can't always want what you get and all that anyone can do is make the best of things within their means. Almost all parts of bladder incontinence have a workable solution to allow normal activities but this is one of the few places that doesn't. It's just life so don't let it get you down.

Bettypooh

Actually, most of urine is water, followed by a little urea (which the chlorine will break down, and it is what when decomposing otherwise gives the ammonia smell to diapers) and a lot of inorganic stuff (which the chlorine doesn't touch) and some minor organics.    The stuff broken down by chlorine leaves inorganic residues in the water.   You have to periodically dilute the water in the pool to bring these levels down.

Again, feces is the health problem and this is what swim diapers are trying to help with, but you want to make sure you're clean there before you start and get out immediately if you have an accident even if you do have a diaper on.