LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing at night. Slow progress toward bedwetting.

WillDL

I am a little bit excited.  And apprehensive.  Progressing little by little to becoming a bedwetter.  Anybody else go down this road?  How much time did it take to become a full-on bedwetter so you can't fall asleep w/o wearing a diaper?  Did you have a 'surprise' moment when you wet the bed for the first time and realized you had to wear diapers?

After years of wearing to bed at least some of the time, for the last many months I just automatically put on a diaper before going to bed.  Such a pleasure peeing in bed instead of having to wake up and get up.  At first, would fully wake up needing to pee, and then have a little difficulty getting started.  Still aware and awake, but it's very easy to let go.  Sometimes, I don't even register an urge for more than a moment, I just automatically go.  Not aware of whether I've wet in my sleep or not.  Don't think so but not sure.

Yesterday, laid down for a daytime nap without a diaper.  Woke up having to pee.  So used to just letting go now while in bed.  Was very easy to let go a little even while laying on my side.  Got the front of the underwear very wet, stopped just short of getting the bed wet.  Even after I started wearing, it was difficult to start peeing while on my side.  Now it's 2nd nature, easy.

Recently was sleeping w/o a diaper, woke up surprised to feel my sphincter relaxing as if I was about to let go.  I did not, but still.

So that's my little story to date.  Did not set out specifically to become a bedwetter, but if it happens I'll deal with it.  Love love love sleeping in a diaper.

It took me around 4 years to get to the point that il wet the bed, with or without a diaper on.

Around 19 i started to wear diapers a lot, and moved to cloth diapers at night, this allowed me to wear every night and i did. Id allows use my diaper if i felt any need to go at night. I never honestly thought i had done anything untell i stayed at my friends hose one night and didn't go to bed with a diaper on and woke up mid pee, thankfully it wasn't to bad, noticeable but not soaked to the bed. after that ive worn a diaper every night seance and theses many times i wake up mid pee (i dont know why but i allows do).

I dont know if it counts as true bed wetting, as i dont actually sleep threw it, but i have no choice in whether or not to wear a diaper unless i want to soak the bed.

• Like 1

During my twenties I began downing extra fluid, often beer, before going to bed hoping to wet in my sleep.  As “successes” became more regular I added a diaper to the routine.  These were planned bed-wettings, never crossed my mind it could happen without the extra fluid and diaper.

Then, perhaps five years into my little game I had a couple unplanned wettings.  One in my own bed totally exhausted after a rough day at work.  And another on a business trip after a few drinks with a colleague.  I dismissed both as unusual circumstances that could have happened to anybody, nothing to worry about.

Then reality set in.  While visiting my folks, sleeping next to my wife I soaked the bed.  We hadn’t been drinking, I wasn’t overly tired … there was no excuse for it.  With considerable scrambling I believe we kept it from my parents.  It wasn’t good.  Since then I take precautions when sleeping away from home.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My usual pattern is to need to wet after being in bed for 6-7 hours (unless I've had extra liquid).  This morning, I felt myself beginning to relax to pee while half awake and in a dream state, but not peeing until I was fully awake.  Not sure if this is any 'progress' or not from my before-diapering status.

The bedwetter's e-book being promoted here advocates repeatedly soaking your mattress on the way to training yourself to sleepwet.  I don't think I'm willing to go that far.  So far, I've been having increasing trust that my diaper won't leak no matter what position I'm in.  Maybe that will be enough.

I might be someone like Bettypooh, may never be a sleep wetter unless & until I'm incontinent for physiological reasons.  You're right, I have to 'want' to wet the bed.  I have the diaper competence now, but there's still a little bit of fear that I'll leak and damage the mattress.  Even though I have a waterproof cover on the mattress, there is still that worry about smelly, stained bedding or if the cover will leak.

On 12/23/2017 at 9:36 AM, SunOfSheep said:

It took me around 4 years to get to the point that il wet the bed, with or without a diaper on.

Around 19 i started to wear diapers a lot, and moved to cloth diapers at night, this allowed me to wear every night and i did. Id allows use my diaper if i felt any need to go at night. I never honestly thought i had done anything untell i stayed at my friends hose one night and didn't go to bed with a diaper on and woke up mid pee, thankfully it wasn't to bad, noticeable but not soaked to the bed. after that ive worn a diaper every night seance and theses many times i wake up mid pee (i dont know why but i allows do).

I dont know if it counts as true bed wetting, as i dont actually sleep threw it, but i have no choice in whether or not to wear a diaper unless i want to soak the bed.

Iiinteresting.  Do you have any preferred cloth brand recommendations?

Fears cause inhibitions :o You have to get past the fears to move forward ;) Using a mattress protector helps, but the time will come that a mattress gets wet. So what? With clean sheets in place after it dries who's going to see it? And why does it matter then? I'm not being rhetorical- ask yourself these questions and see how silly your answers are. Especially when you consider the amount will be small after the diaper absorbs most of it. And if it does happen then see it as proof that you can do anything you want to- let that strengthen you :D And of course after once there's no point in worrying about it since you can't undo that which is already done :whistling:

As I so often say, this is all in your head. Your body is designed to let urine flow out of it; that is it's natural state. Look at all other animals- they pee whenever they need to and they don't try to stop it. They have no sense of embarrassment and they have no inhibitions :thumbsup: That's where you have to get your head to go to. Take it even further- if your body doesn't get rid of the urine it will kill you :crybaby: Holding it in isn't smart, but getting rid of it ASAP is :) And with diapers on there's no valid reason to not do just that.

Potty training is just another instance of the passing along of parental preferences and prejudices. Once you grow up you can make up your own mind about it and handle it in any way you want to :girl_happy:Even with me it may someday happen and I am not going to be the person who stops it if I can help it.

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The biggest challenge for me to learn to wet during the night was that I was going to leak and the bed and will get soaked from time to time. Once I bought a good mattress  protector and found the right type diapers to wear to bed I was able to become a bed wetter. I now wake up soaked every morning, I have soaked my sheets more than a few times but the bed survived LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, dljim95 said:

The biggest challenge for me to learn to wet during the night was that I was going to leak and the bed and will get soaked from time to time. Once I bought a good mattress  protector and found the right type diapers to wear to bed I was able to become a bed wetter. I now wake up soaked every morning, I have soaked my sheets more than a few times but the bed survived LOL. 

My sentiments entirely. Our bed is we protected and leaks are just all part of being a bedwetter.

• Thanks 2

Took me about five years to wet in my sleep. I always wet before, during, and after sleep but I was conscious when I did it, even if once I started I could not feel when I ended. Takes a very long, long time to become a bed wetter. I lost day time much quicker than truly at night. I also changed from cloth backed to disposable about half way through, which may have also caused me to take longer. Cloth while more bulky was not very tight across the stomach region (also sags when wet) while the disposable is much tighter around the waist. I guess unless you were a bed wetter when you were younger, I find it challenging to become one without first losing day time incontinence due to being a true bed wetter is usually from a small bladder and creating more urine in your sleep to say practicing wetting at night. You can't change your kidneys output by practicing, you can only drink more fluid and untrain yourself.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, kumagoro11 said:

Took me about five years to wet in my sleep. I always wet before, during, and after sleep but I was conscious when I did it, even if once I started I could not feel when I ended. Takes a very long, long time to become a bed wetter. I lost day time much quicker than truly at night. I also changed from cloth backed to disposable about half way through, which may have also caused me to take longer. Cloth while more bulky was not very tight across the stomach region (also sags when wet) while the disposable is much tighter around the waist. I guess unless you were a bed wetter when you were younger, I find it challenging to become one without first losing day time incontinence due to being a true bed wetter is usually from a small bladder and creating more urine in your sleep to say practicing wetting at night. You can't change your kidneys output by practicing, you can only drink more fluid and untrain yourself.

I agree if you were a bedwetter when younger becoming one again is much more natural. 

• 1 month later...

I've never been a bedwetter.  I think it's in the low single digits the number of times I wet a bed (unintentionally) past age 4 or so.  I don't think I'm really making much progress toward becoming a bedwetter after all.  Very slow progress, becoming comfortable peeing in any position.  Maybe it'll sneak up on me, like with WBxx and SunOfSheep.  Maybe very rarely, voiding while not 100% wide awake, not even sure of that.  So some progress but very slow.  I'll just try to be happy wearing my cloth diaps to bed every night or almost so. 

I was sick & stopped for a few days.  It really does cause a change in personality, or at least in internal thought patterns.  May be the heat on testicles & reducing testosterone, may be something else having to do with anxiety from a full bladder (a very real thing - 'vasopressin') when I'm not wearing, and lack of anxiety when I release early because I have a diap on.

As for diaps, I use cloth diaps.  The overnight prefolds from AdultClothDiaper.com.  (Adultclothdiapers.com is a bad site).  And the deluxe vinyl pants.  I find that about one size larger in the diap than you might think from the size chart, and two sizes larger in the vinyl pant, works for me.  I also use a soaker pad in front.  Side sleeper so need some overlap on the sides.  Lots of bulk between the legs, don't like that.  Take forever to wash & dry, and I find I must use some bleach to kill the funk.  So there are problems, and I'm trying other items, but I still like the overnight prefolds best.  Took me a while to learn how to pin them so they were snug.  No problem with that.

I think I'm finally over the fear of leaks.  Know how to diaper up so I don't leak.  I no longer drink more fluids before going to bed.  That didn't seem to be helping me void more freely, but it did increase the probability and fear of leaks.  I have a pad and cover under the sheet so the consequences of a leak shouldn't be a ruined mattress.  So the fear thing is slowly diminishing.

• 3 weeks later...

WillDL, it sounds like you're doing most of the things I did.  I took me about a year, I think, before I was wetting regularly without control, but it took a few months before it started.

As I just said on a different thread:

• Drink water/whatever before bed so your body has something to process
  • Set an alarm at a variable time each night.  You're not trying to teach your body timed voiding, you're trying to teach your body to wet while asleep.  When the alam goes off, immediately wet, then shut off the alarm.
  • Be confident in your diapers.  When your alarm goes off, you just pee, and go back to sleep.  No checking, adjusting, rolling over, or doing anything that implies mental function to decide if you "should" wet or not.  Just wet.  If you leak... well, that's part of reality.  Solve the problem in the morning.  You mention that the bed is protected, and you're figuring out cloth diapers, but perhaps add an underpad, so that you're even less worried about wetting the sheets?  Whatever works for you, but you can't be in a situation where you have any hesitance or "checking" if its "OK" to wet.  When the alarm goes off, you wet, then shut off the alarm.
  • I used hypnosis tapes.  Looking back, I don't think that they worked in the sense that they "reprogrammed" me or anything, but I think that listening to them game me a conscious comfort with the idea that I was going to be wetting the bed.  If goes to the fear that you're mentioning... you can't be afraid of leak, or wetting, at all.

Also, as I said on the other thread... think carefully about whether this is what you want.  You may think that this is just a 'night wetting' thing, but in my case it's a 'sleep wetting' thing.  This means being diapered when I sit on the couch to watch TV and might fall asleep.  Think about all the times you might fall asleep, and then realize you need to be diapered then...  I am always diapered when I fly on airplanes... you acn be putting on the nice pajamas in United's Polaris international first class... and still need to put on a diaper.

IMG_20180127_140153.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you protect your bed and do not worry about leaks which will happen to the best of us then you will reach your goal easier. I soak the bed at least once a week but couldn't are less.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, HotDogg55 said:

Random but what diaper is that?

Molicare Premium Soft Super.  My go-to travel diaper. 

Way, way, way off topic, but I'm almost out of the case I bought a long time ago, though, and the Molicare line has changed.  I'm unclear what the current equivalent is... 

IMG_20180127_140153.jpg

The current most absorbent Molicare sold in the UK is the Premium Slip Maxi (cloth-backed) or the Slip Maxi (plastic-backed) - just search for the Hartmann website & select your country on the globe at the top.  They both have the same absorbency according to Hartmann, because I asked them.  They don't seem to publish capacities, or at least I can't find any figures, but we all know that doesn't mean too much anyway.  I've just switched from the cloth-backed to the plastic-backed, & they're both great high-capacity nappies imho.  The US website doesn't show the plastic-backed ones currently, but then the UK one didn't until just recently, but you could still buy them if you phoned Hartmann in the UK, or from the Dorset Nursing website.  So whether they are available in the US, I just don't know.

40 minutes ago, Stroller said:

The current most absorbent Molicare sold in the UK is the Premium Slip Maxi (cloth-backed) or the Slip Maxi (plastic-backed) - just search for the Hartmann website & select your country on the globe at the top.  They both have the same absorbency according to Hartmann, because I asked them.  They don't seem to publish capacities, or at least I can't find any figures, but we all know that doesn't mean too much anyway.  I've just switched from the cloth-backed to the plastic-backed, & they're both great high-capacity nappies imho.  The US website doesn't show the plastic-backed ones currently, but then the UK one didn't until just recently, but you could still buy them if you phoned Hartmann in the UK, or from the Dorset Nursing website.  So whether they are available in the US, I just don't know.

We're way off topic, but I'll try to make it relevant. :)  One of the realities of my sleep wetting is that it happens any time, any place that I  sleep.  At home, I wear cloth that is very effective, but that doesn't work when I'm travelling.  I've found (through trial and some rather embarrassing errors) that the Molicare Super is usually sufficient, while being discreet enough to be ok under the pajamas on a plane, as long as I haven't had a lot of liquid.  I usually have a Tena Slip Active Maxi (plastic backed) in my 'supplies bag' as well, and if I had a few beers before departure, or are otherwise well hydrated, I'll use that instead.  I feel like that's not terribly discreet, but it's dark, people are sleeping, and few people are looking at my crotch and ass.  (I often wonder how many others on the plane are diapered as well... at 2-3% of the US population, there's probably at least 4-6 other adults on the plane trying to make the same calculation...)

Point being... when you have no choice in the sleep wetting matter, the questions change... sometimes the question is not what is the thickest diaper I can get, to a question of balancing what will (probably) work in the current situation while being as discreet as possible so I can get some sleep on a 14 hour flight without everyone on the plane seeing me walking around in a thick diaper (or having to sit in a wet seat).  These were not the kinds of things I was anticipating while training myself to bed wet.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, justforfun said:

We're way off topic, but I'll try to make it relevant. :)  One of the realities of my sleep wetting is that it happens any time, any place that I  sleep.  At home, I wear cloth that is very effective, but that doesn't work when I'm travelling.  I've found (through trial and some rather embarrassing errors) that the Molicare Super is usually sufficient, while being discreet enough to be ok under the pajamas on a plane, as long as I haven't had a lot of liquid.  I usually have a Tena Slip Active Maxi (plastic backed) in my 'supplies bag' as well, and if I had a few beers before departure, or are otherwise well hydrated, I'll use that instead.  I feel like that's not terribly discreet, but it's dark, people are sleeping, and few people are looking at my crotch and ass.  (I often wonder how many others on the plane are diapered as well... at 2-3% of the US population, there's probably at least 4-6 other adults on the plane trying to make the same calculation...)

Point being... when you have no choice in the sleep wetting matter, the questions change... sometimes the question is not what is the thickest diaper I can get, to a question of balancing what will (probably) work in the current situation while being as discreet as possible so I can get some sleep on a 14 hour flight without everyone on the plane seeing me walking around in a thick diaper (or having to sit in a wet seat).  These were not the kinds of things I was anticipating while training myself to bed wet.

I wore a tena slip maxi on the plane to and from the states last year for the same reasons.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:26 AM, justforfun said:

WillDL, it sounds like you're doing most of the things I did.  I took me about a year, I think, before I was wetting regularly without control, but it took a few months before it started.

As I just said on a different thread:

• Drink water/whatever before bed so your body has something to process
  • Set an alarm at a variable time each night.  You're not trying to teach your body timed voiding, you're trying to teach your body to wet while asleep.  When the alarm goes off, immediately wet, then shut off the alarm.
  • Be confident in your diapers.  When your alarm goes off, you just pee, and go back to sleep.  No checking, adjusting, rolling over, or doing anything that implies mental function to decide if you "should" wet or not.  Just wet.  If you leak... well, that's part of reality.  Solve the problem in the morning.  You mention that the bed is protected, and you're figuring out cloth diapers, but perhaps add an underpad, so that you're even less worried about wetting the sheets?  Whatever works for you, but you can't be in a situation where you have any hesitance or "checking" if its "OK" to wet.  When the alarm goes off, you wet, then shut off the alarm.
  • I used hypnosis tapes.  Looking back, I don't think that they worked in the sense that they "reprogrammed" me or anything, but I think that listening to them game me a conscious comfort with the idea that I was going to be wetting the bed.  If goes to the fear that you're mentioning... you can't be afraid of leak, or wetting, at all.

Also, as I said on the other thread... think carefully about whether this is what you want.  You may think that this is just a 'night wetting' thing, but in my case it's a 'sleep wetting' thing.  This means being diapered when I sit on the couch to watch TV and might fall asleep.  Think about all the times you might fall asleep, and then realize you need to be diapered then...  I am always diapered when I fly on airplanes... you can be putting on the nice pajamas in United's Polaris international first class... and still need to put on a diaper.

Intriguing but scary.  The alarm thing.  If I start doing that, it may be all over for my night time control.  I am not sure I want true bedwetter status.  It's nice being able to sleep if desired or necessary w/o putting on a diaper.  As I said, I am already noticing profound changes in my thoughts or personality when I wear vs. when I don't.  Less anxiety when I'm wearing, but also less drive and less accomplishment.  I'd like to retain the option to go back.

I'm glad you're thinking about it... it seems like many folks on this board are all gung-ho and want to start down the path without having thought it all the way through.  That was what I did.

I am not trying to say that you (or anyone else) shouldn't go this path... That's a decision that only you can make, and this is the 'Desires' board after all.  But, I hope you take into account the whole picture when making your decision.

• Like 2