LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Loosing hope

I'm as tired of writing these sad posts as I am sure you're all tired of reading them. I just don't have anywhere else to express some things.

Day 21 and still fighting the hospital for a correctly filled out death certificate. Social security yanked bank their payment for this month and the bank has thus frozen the household account. No death certificate means no "death benefit" no socialsecurity, no pension, no life insurance.

Christmas concert is off, no money for gas/food/drinks to make the trip tonight.

Less than $300 left for us to buy food for us and the fur babies. No money to pay the bills and such. Hospital's screw-ups have ensured we won't get any of the January checks leaving us no way to pay the mortgage, utilities and food, etc.. Trying to get by on my little income alone, and it's not near enough.

This isn't a beg post, a couple people have helped me and that's why I have the few dollars we have now. Just frustrated, depressed and fighting the dark thoughts that keep telling me how I can make the suffering stop right now.

I'm just... like wow... how can people be so careless with paperwork that affects an already grieving family's security???

• Sad 2

Is there any way that I can help? The only thing about these sad posts of yours I'm tired of is that you keep having to write them. Whatever hospital you are dealing with is clearly incompetent, and leads a lawyer breathing down their necks just to do what they're supposed to do in the first place.

Mike,

So sorry to hear that this travesty continues.  I think it safe to say that you have done your part to resolve the problem and to no good end.  Normally, I would not recommend such a path but have you considered contacting the local media?  There is usually one outlet nearby that has some kind of consumer assistance/intervention program, if for no other reason than to boost their own ratings.  Your story, occurring as the holiday rapidly approaches, may have some human interest story value to them.  Perhaps the hospital may find some motivation from a broader audience involvement.

Good luck going forward, and the best of the season to you and yours!

Don

I agree.  Contact the media.  Local TV news.  New state senator.  Contact a lawyer, then have him contact the hospital stating you are suing them, whatever.  Media carries a lot of weight when this type of think is broadcast all over the airwaves on the 6 oclock news, especially right before Christmas.

• Like 1

Does the hospital fill out the death certificate or does his primary care doctor? I work as an ER nurse in Jersey, and when a patient passes away, the ER physician will declare a time of death, but the person ultimately responsible for the death certificate is the patient's primary care doctor (or so I am lead to believe). Can you try calling his primary care doctor and see if they know how to proceed?

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, Mike. I wish there was something more I could offer than just my knowledge that all hospitals are awful places and insurance will do their best to make sure that they don't pay out in any sort of timely manner.

-piper

Feeling better tonight. Think I raised enough hell (all the way to the Hospital Administrator's office) today to get things moving. Hope to see the certificate filed tomorrow.

One of our sponsors stepped up with a same-day ad buy putting some extra money in my pocket to help in the meantime.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, poobrat said:

hi,i don't know for sure if it helps,but talk with the funeral director that handled things for you or your county coronor office.these people may be of help?

The funeral home has been on their case as well. It has to be sent from the hospital to the funeral home to be filed by them, and they have been getting stonewalled too!