LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Special Camp Out

Les Lea

Sorry put this in the wrong place initially :huh:

The Special Camp Out

I’m sure I’m not the only one who loves it when summer eventually takes a proper hold... when the long days and short nights are warm and sultry. Here in the UK those days don’t seem to happen half as much as I thought I remembered in my childhood but at that age and like any kid, I was always keen to make the most of what was on offer.  However, I do remember an incident that me and the gang did, which at the time became the best night ever.

All six of us were still at school and we just used to hang around together. We weren’t a ‘gang’, nor do I remember us ever plotting any burglaries or vandalism as an escape or some sort of excitement. The more I think about it; at fourteen perhaps we were just happy to be in each other’s company and walks, camp outs, bike rides, sleep overs etc were all we seemed to do. Me and Skivvy played football for the school, Dom and Ryan were in the choir, Pete was class monitor, while Little Tam was just such a sweet kid, and everyone liked him.

Tam was always bottom of the class in everything but he never stopped smiling. He never had a bad word to say and seemed to make the best of whatever was on offer and totally supportive of his mates. He may well have had no aptitude for learning but whenever we played football he was always on the sideline cheering us on, or sat in the audience while the choir performed at some event. Although we didn’t realise his significance at the time Tam was the one you could always rely on. If you needed help in fixing something, a volunteer to go into town with, a mate who’d back your alibi… Tam was the guy; small in stature but huge in personality and friendship.

It never occurred to us at the time why we never had sleep-overs at Tam’s house, or the fact that he didn’t joined us for them. Often the excuse was some major event happening with his family that ‘unfortunately’ he couldn’t get out of. It was the one thing that Tam was always cagey about but, Tam was Tam and we’d laugh, the subject would be forgotten and we’d move on to some other topic.

One week I discovered the reason. I’d gone around to his place to see if he’d managed to fix my bike (told you he was a good friend). I’d visited many times but usually only if I’d been invited, I never turned up on speck, in fact, I never turned up anywhere without an invite. Mum had drilled it into me to be respectful of other people’s time and privacy.

“Don’t think everything revolves around you young man,” she was prone to say. “Others have their own life to lead and don’t need you mucking up their arrangements.”

Anyway, on this occasion I wasn’t even thinking of mum’s words I just wanted to see Tam and see how things were developing with my bike repairs. It never even occurred to me I might be intruding. However, hanging out on the washing-line was a series of large white nappies and a couple of pairs of plastic pants.

I knew Tam was an only child so concluded that these items more than likely belonged to him. Judging by the greeting he gave me when he saw me looking at the billowing washing, I knew I was correct in my deduction.

I could see the tears welling up as he looked from the nappies and back to me. His secret was now known and he couldn’t have been more ashamed if I’d caught him stealing from the church.

“Please, please, PLEASE don’t tell anyone.” He begged as embarrassed tears dribbled down his cheeks.

I can’t pretend I wasn’t taken aback but I tried to hide that fact.

“Tam, don’t worry. We’ve all got our little secrets and this one is nothing to worry about.”

I needed to let me friend know his secret was safe with me and also that it wasn’t a problem. I had been surprised, and I would be lying if I didn’t say I was a little perplexed. Why would a fourteen year-old need nappies?

However, I hoped my words would offer comfort and show him what a good friend I was though I could see he wasn’t convinced. I suspect he’d carried this guilty secret around with him for years and the last thing he wanted was for his best friend to know and condemn him.

“I, I, er, I sometimes have accidents…” He tried to explain but I was insistent that he had no need.

“Look, um, it’s me that’s sorry. I shouldn’t just turn up but… Tam… believe me… um… this is nothing.”

I was staring at the billowing plastic pants so despite my words, this was certainly something, but I smiled an encouraging smile and he appeared to take me at my word.

He wheeled the fixed bike out from his garage and shamefacedly passed it to me with barely a nod.

I made a huge deal of thanking him and asked if he wanted anything from me in return and though he didn’t say it, I knew that my silence was the only price he would ask for.

He was holding back tears and I wasn’t sure whether to give him a hug or not. There seemed to be other things going on in his head and he was struggling with something else.

“Mmmm, er, I like to wear, er… this stuff.” He said pointing to the washing line. “It makes me feel, ermmm, um…”

I was trying to find a reassuring smile but I think it looked like a grimace.

“Safe and… erm… happy.” His voice tailed off and got very childlike.

He shrugged and I thanked him again for fixing my bike. I wasn’t sure if he’d want me hanging around so I said I had to be off but would see him later.

He turned and went back indoors and I pedalled off with my head full of Tam’s confession.

However, now I knew his secret I wanted him to know that it didn’t matter and I hoped that the plan forming in my head would prove that and make Tam more involved in our little group.

As I’ve mentioned, he never came to sleep overs and now I thought I knew why I needed to let him know that nappies and plastic pants were no barrier to him being involved in our activities. He was our friend and that was all that mattered.

Without mentioning Tam specifically I asked mum, hypothetically of course, what I should do if I knew a person’s secret, which I’d been sworn to keep that way, but that I didn’t think was a problem?

Thankfully mum and me, I mean mother and I, she was always telling me off for not speaking correctly, but other than that, we had a great relationship. First she asked how I’d feel if a ‘friend’ told others something I wanted to keep secret?

I mumbled a response but wasn’t sure. How would I feel, she continued, if the other person, having revealed that secret hadn’t foreseen the outcome and it went badly? What if, that secret you wanted to keep was so special… other’s knowing about it would ruin everything you ever held dear?

I wasn’t enjoying this line of reasoning.

I desperately wanted to tell mum what Tam’s secret was so she would know that it wasn’t important but then, how could I?

“Perhaps,” she said, “you could find a way of showing your support without actually saying anything.”

I’m sure mum was right, I mean, mums are always right, right?

However, I thought I knew are little group better and I was determined that the guy who was always there to support us, should have some support of his own. So, taking little notice of mum’s advice I came up with a plan and put it to the other guys.

A few days later when we decided on an evening picnic followed by a camp out in our favourite spot deep in the woods, Tam reluctantly tagged along. He was very cautious around us not really sure what was going on. I’m sure he thought he’d get ragged nonstop but the truth was, as soon as we set up the tents and spread out the food we stripped out of our clothes and stood around wearing nothing but disposables.

Me and Skivvy were even wearing plastic pants over ours and to be honest were enjoying the sensation.

To begin with Tam, who was fully clothed, I think assumed this was part of us taking the piss but we tried to make him understand that what he, or anyone of our little group wore, was not a problem and that we would support him no matter what. It was a fairly obvious and unsubtle way of getting our message across, but, and this was the funny thing, when he stripped to join us, he had on a pair of blue briefs so he was the only one in boy’s underwear.

Pete pointed at his undies and said.

“Bloody hell Tam, I bet you don’t half feel silly now… the only one not wearing a nappy.”

We all burst out laughing and it was great to see Tam join in.

Tam’s nappies are just a part of him and we like him a lot so, they are no problem.

Six fourteen year olds charging around in the undergrowth all but naked was a very freeing and fun experience and one I’ll never forget… or regret.

Archived