LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What ya reading? Winter edition

John Sandford books are always great.  Lucas Davenport in the Prey series and Virgil Flowers stories.  I hope to get the 2 latest Sandford books for Christmas.  I may browse through old Dennis The Menace Christmas Comic Books or read in some of my paranormal books since those are usually compilations of short 3 or 4 page haunted true stories   Other than that, I really don't have much time to read a lot right now other than the daily paper.  It is the time of year to watch the holiday specials on TV.  I've watched on DVD all the versions of "A Christmas Carol" or "Scrooge" except the take off's on them, such as the Henry Winkler one and "Scrooged" with Bill Murray.  There is even a version in 1935 staring Seymour Hicks as Scrooge that not a lot of people know about.  I'm not one for the Hallmark Channel "Romance" type Christmas movies, nor do I like the remakes of "Miracle On 34th Street" (nothing beats the original).  Never cared for that animated "Frosty The Snowman" but I do like the "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer", "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas".  As far as books, I have never read Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" and I always wonder this time of year when you go to a book store and see all the Christmas books out on display why you never see copies of "A Christmas Carol" out for sale.

I'm re-reading… or more accurately re-listening to all of the Dresden Files books. Hoping against hope Butcher finally writes the next book before I'm done. Doing something a little different this time and also going through the short stories in order as I read the books. Now that Sir Pratchett is lost to us Butcher is one of my few joys for new books.

Damnit I keep forgetting Pratchett is gone. Now I'm depressed.

I plan to start rereading the Halo series of books soon. I want to get the ones that I'm missing, which is I think around 5 or so, and want to get a few of the earlier ones again, since my copies are kinda beat up now. I would also like to get the books based on the Diablo games. I love reading the backstory of games that I enjoy. I just find the games that much more fun after knowing the lore better.

When I get home for christmas, Im planning to start on the witcher series by andrzej sapkowski. Got the two first books, so hopefully will finnish at least the first one during the week!

• 2 weeks later...

We've been "binge reading" the Patterson Harry Bosch series on audio books while driving.    We did "The Crossing" yesterday while driving home.    I'm reading Robert Crais's latest "The Wanted."   Was hoping Galbraith's next one would be out for Xmas, but no dice.

I've give my father a half a dozen books for Christmas every year.    He's a voracious reader and my mom puts him on a buying moratorium in the fall.    I usually still mess up and get him one he has or someone else gave him.    He just gives it back to me to read.   This year it's "Friends Divided" the story of Adams and Jefferson.

I have a book one of my former employees wrote that I've been meaning to finish.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, willnotwill said:

We've been "binge reading" the Patterson Harry Bosch series on audio books while driving.    We did "The Crossing" yesterday while driving home.    I'm reading Robert Crais's latest "The Wanted."   Was hoping Galbraith's next one would be out for Xmas, but no dice.

I've give my father a half a dozen books for Christmas every year.    He's a voracious reader and my mom puts him on a buying moratorium in the fall.    I usually still mess up and get him one he has or someone else gave him.    He just gives it back to me to read.   This year it's "Friends Divided" the story of Adams and Jefferson.

I have a book one of my former employees wrote that I've been meaning to finish.

Are those the ones the Bosch Amazon series is based on? If so, I've been enjoying the show, would be interested in reading the books!

1 hour ago, DailyDiapers said:

Are those the ones the Bosch Amazon series is based on? If so, I've been enjoying the show, would be interested in reading the books!

Yes.   Michael Connelly (the author of the books) is also a writer for the TV show.    They have the same general feel as the books though the timelines are kind of jumbled up between the series and the books.   In fact, I had watched the first season of the TV show before I started reading the books.   The first eight or nine books have the same characters (Bosch, and his partner Jerry Edgar).    In fact I think around book six you realize you're reading the plot line that weaves through the first season (the one where the dog finds the bones of the little kid and Bosch's affair with the rookie police woman).   However, not to give anything away the outcomes are slightly different.     However, if you like the TV show, you'll probably like the books and vice versa.

I'm almost caught up.   I've got two more Bosch books to go (as far as MC has written).   Then I'll probably catch up on the few Mickey Haller ones I've not read.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, willnotwill said:

We've been "binge reading" the Patterson Harry Bosch series on audio books while driving.    We did "The Crossing" yesterday while driving home.   

18 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

I have read the Michael Connely books for many years and the Harry Bosch books are great!  He's gone from a detective removed from the LAPD elite homicide squad to being demoted to working the Hollywood division, eventually back to the elite division, retired, working as a PI, back to the LAPD working cold cases, then back to homicide again, now retired once more and working as a PI with other police divisions.  If you like Harry Bosch, you will love Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers books by John Sandford.  Michael Connely used to be a crime street reporter and has even written one book about some of the old cases he reported on before becoming the novelist.