LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Overpriced ABDL diapers

Dont you think some of the ABDL diapers are overpriced? 

I mean its one thing if you are buying a sample or a few samples or maybe a 10 pack; then the price of shipping will be a lot more per diaper and of course the total price per diaper may be a little Overpriced

But ive seen some that are only sold in samples or 10 packs (one company is selling 10 packs for $35) and even 1 that looks good and claims a pretty good absorption; but even in a case of 80 is priced at $170; thats more than ABU Little Pawz; which are among the top ABDL diapers out there and seem to be a favorite of a lot of us

So i guess those companies charging that much will either be bought by very few of us and barely make the companies enough to keep making them; or maybe they will see so few sales that eventually they stop being made; or maybe they will eventually charge less and see more sales

Personally idk if i will ever pay more than ABU Little Pawz cost

And to clarify; to me there are 2 kinds of overpriced at work here

Theres "overpriced" compared to Medical/Incontinence grade diapers which can perform very good and cost less than the ABDL diapers

And theres overpriced compared to other ABDL diapers; at which point it has to be worth it to individuals in our community; otherwise such diapers/ABDL companies that make them probably wont be around for long.

And to clarify; to me there are 2 kinds of overpriced at work here

Theres "overpriced" compared to Medical/Incontinence grade diapers which can perform very good and cost less than the ABDL diapers

And theres overpriced compared to other ABDL diapers; at which point it has to be worth it to individuals in our community; otherwise such diapers/ABDL companies that make them probably wont be around for long.

I'm not sure the use of the word "overpriced" is applicable here. I see this in other communities as well. People often use the word "overpriced" to mean "more than I want to pay". To me at least, that's not what I think of it as meaning. "Overpriced", to me, means costing more than is reasonable for the market and cost of production. Most ABDL diapers are expensive but that cost is easily seen in the higher quality and prints and generally pricing across all fully printed ABDL diapers is relatively similar.

The only diapers I would maybe consider overpriced are Bambino as they don'y compare favorably to other comparable diapers. Even still they're not really that bad.

• Like 1

I just notice a few weeks ago the ABU Peek a boo that is coming out.  I have never bought an AB diaper before but their claims of "The world's most adsorbent diaper"  got me really curious.  Last week I tried two ABU simple samples to get sizing right.  They were pretty awesome.  I am going to order a case of peek a boos when they become available.  I hope I can get past the ridiculous prints on the front.  

Yeah i know "overpriced" is a relative term and something is only overpriced to those unwilling to pay the price; to me if the cost is above ABU Little Pawz it really is overpriced as its a pretty good benchmark for design, absorption, and price

So to me a higher price should mean a better product and i dont think such is really possible; but i get it if the colors, print or fade when wet indication are things that some of us dislike; but thats all personal likes/dislikes; not quality of product .

I might be wrong; but maybe the print on the Peek ABU was inspired by the print on some of the Pampers Cruisers (where the character on the front of the diaper is in a similar position)

Yes I think they are overpriced and you have to have a pretty good income to be willing to spend that much on diapers. I will now pay over $150 for a pack of 80 ABDL diapers. That is just crazy. I can get that much or 72 in a case with none AB diapers for a lot less and that saves money. I also look for what is on sale and if the price is reasonable, I buy them. I also think spening over 80 bucks or even $100 on a case of 36 diapers is also crazy. If it was 72 in a case or something or 60, I might reconsider. But 36 is too low for such a price. 

3 minutes ago, Spokane Girl said:

Yes I think they are overpriced and you have to have a pretty good income to be willing to spend that much on diapers. I will now pay over $150 for a pack of 80 ABDL diapers. That is just crazy. I can get that much or 72 in a case with none AB diapers for a lot less and that saves money. I also look for what is on sale and if the price is reasonable, I buy them. I also think spening over 80 bucks or even $100 on a case of 36 diapers is also crazy. If it was 72 in a case or something or 60, I might reconsider. But 36 is too low for such a price. 

^100% agree

It is definitely true. I spend about $240 a month for my diapers and all I wear is adult baby style. I do know however, the diapers I wear are better than any medical diaper I've ever worn so I personally feel it's worth it. Sometimes wearing diapers is more about the babyish print or color and for some people it's worth the extra money.

I alternate around the premium non-AB diapers (dry247, Abena L4, NSC Supreme) but I have a few of the various AB ones for times I want to look cute.   Of course, the times I want to look cute in a diaper are pretty infrequent, so paying $3 for the privilege is a rare luxury.

Supply and demand.  The distributors and manufacturers will naturally price their diapers to make as much profit as they think they can.  If they run short on product, they will increase the cost.  If they start having a surplus, then they may reconsider and have a big sale or lower the cost.  When you think about any product, you have the cost of materials and machinery to produce them, then the employee wages, overhead for the building, gas, electric and other utilities.  Then there is the packaging and shipping costs to the wholesaler.  From there the wholesaler has to make their money shipping to retailers and pay their costs.  Then the retailers have to make their profits so there is another mark up.  It makes me wonder how anyone can make money at the entry point.  Go to any dollar store and think, "I'm buying this big roll of Christmas wrapping paper or pair of metal framed reading glasses or metal utility knife for $1.00.  Where can there be any profit for the manufacturers at that price when retail is only $1.00?  Anyway, as far as diapers.  Premium diapers are made better with higher absorbency and better fit, so you would expect to pay higher prices for them compared to Depends or Walmart brands.  Even then some people have complaints about the fit, tapes, etc.  I do agree that some brands like Rearez and Confidry 24/7 are expensive, too expensive for my own use, but when you have demand for them, especially AB diapers with prints and all, the distributors know they can get top dollar and the AB's will pay for their cute fancy printed diapers and the DL's will pay for their super thick diapers because they love them!  If we stop buying them and make it known it's due to their high costs, maybe some of these companies or distributors will lower the prices (or they may discontinue making them, which is the chance we all take when complaining about a product).  put yourself in their place.  If you made a product that everyone wants and sell out all the time, wouldn't you step back and say, "If everyone want this so much, I can ask a lot more for it, raise the price and make myself more money!"  

• Like 1

what does everyone consider overpriced in a price per diaper perspective...with out doing any real number crunching seems 2.75-3.50 USD is some where about average range. At least for me it is....don't think I would want to really spend more 

Well i think around $2 per diaper is fair for products like ABUniverse Little Pawz or similar (start charging more and its questionable on if the product wilk be worth it in this space of so much competition); yes its a lot compared to the Medical/Incontinence diapers; but most of those arent as good of a product as ABUniverse Diapers and dont tend to look as good.

If you go around $3+ thats a bit on the extreme end; especially if the reason is because they dont offer to sell by the case (one company is $35 for 10)

You are talking about a product that is not only better quality than nearly all medical diapers, has custom printed plastic that probably has to be ordered by the giant roll and is made in small batches compared to medical diapers. Customization is not cheap.

I remember when growing up and in my younger years wishing for an infant style diaper that would fit adults. There were no products for we diaperlovers out there and this would anger me. I would say to myself "I would give anything for Pampers, Huggies , or Luvs that would fit me. I would go as far as customizing adult diapers to make them as infantile as possible, just could'nt get rid of that ugly wetness indicator (God how I hate those).  It took a long time but finally I got what I wished for. Granted it's not an adult sized Pampers, Huggies, or Luvs, but damn they're wonderful. And the choices...........

So no, they're not overpriced in my opinion.  If you think they're over priced don't buy them. There are plenty of medical grade diapers out there that should satisfy your needs, and with a little ingenuity and proper supplies you can make them look infantile. 

On 12/18/2017 at 7:44 AM, rusty pins said:

Supply and demand.  The distributors and manufacturers will naturally price their diapers to make as much profit as they think they can.  If they run short on product, they will increase the cost.  If they start having a surplus, then they may reconsider and have a big sale or lower the cost.  When you think about any product, you have the cost of materials and machinery to produce them, then the employee wages, overhead for the building, gas, electric and other utilities.  Then there is the packaging and shipping costs to the wholesaler.  From there the wholesaler has to make their money shipping to retailers and pay their costs.  Then the retailers have to make their profits so there is another mark up.  It makes me wonder how anyone can make money at the entry point.  Go to any dollar store and think, "I'm buying this big roll of Christmas wrapping paper or pair of metal framed reading glasses or metal utility knife for $1.00.  Where can there be any profit for the manufacturers at that price when retail is only $1.00?  Anyway, as far as diapers.  Premium diapers are made better with higher absorbency and better fit, so you would expect to pay higher prices for them compared to Depends or Walmart brands.  Even then some people have complaints about the fit, tapes, etc.  I do agree that some brands like Rearez and Confidry 24/7 are expensive, too expensive for my own use, but when you have demand for them, especially AB diapers with prints and all, the distributors know they can get top dollar and the AB's will pay for their cute fancy printed diapers and the DL's will pay for their super thick diapers because they love them!  If we stop buying them and make it known it's due to their high costs, maybe some of these companies or distributors will lower the prices (or they may discontinue making them, which is the chance we all take when complaining about a product).  put yourself in their place.  If you made a product that everyone wants and sell out all the time, wouldn't you step back and say, "If everyone want this so much, I can ask a lot more for it, raise the price and make myself more money!"  

My logic tells me if I raise the price too much, I will lose customers. Also if you make them too expensive, people with lower income won't buy from you. I guess you don't care about their money because just as long as enough people are buying from you, you couldn't careless if a poor people aren't buying from you. 

That is true.  If you were just selling normally, then you might figure at the price you have them listed, people are just barley buying enough of your product to keep up with your supply and demand.  Once the demand starts exceeding the supply, you know you are gaining, not losing customers. Demographics don't factor into it because you don't care if it's rich people or poor people buying your product, all you know is you have to increase supply to keep up with the demand.  If you raise the price and demand is still there, more profit to you!  If you increase the price and demand drops off, then you need to decrease it and hope the customer's you have lost will come back.  If they found another product that works as well for a lower price, then you have some damage control to do.  I have a feeling market research is done, even on AB/DL diapers.  Past history and sales reports will dictate how much a company can charge for their product and still maintain healthy sales.

Dont forget that ABDL diapers maybe account for maybe ~5% of the adult diaper wearing market so there isnt much demand for them so they are not mass produced like attends or depends but the companies making them still want a good profit from the abdl diapers, I wouldnt be surprised if some of the ABDL makers are still paying off R&D costs along with the costs of the equipment/factories/warehouses to make the diapers.

17 minutes ago, barnburner said:

Dont forget that ABDL diapers maybe account for maybe ~5% of the adult diaper wearing market so there isnt much demand for them so they are not mass produced like attends or depends but the companies making them still want a good profit from the abdl diapers, I wouldnt be surprised if some of the ABDL makers are still paying off R&D costs along with the costs of the equipment/factories/warehouses to make the diapers.

All the ABDL companies get their diapers from China. At one time I honestly thought about opening my own company. I wanted to be the first company that made pink diapers and they honestly probably would have made a fortune had I done so. The cost is the quantity you have to order. They basically ship them in a big shipping container and you have to buy say 30,000 diapers.  I have spoken with many ABDL owners and all of them tell me the same thing. They have to recover the initial cost of such a large purchase as soon as possible. Also it's not easy storing 30,000 diapers and you must find a place that's suitable to do so.

And I wonder where they even get that money to buy al 30,000 diapers?

How does that work to have your own business?  Does China make them for you and ship them to you? 

Well to put this another way

In any market there is cheap, moderately priced (often very good products for the money, maybe not the best out there, but close enough), and theres expensive, and sometimes theres an even more expensive segment

So its up for the customer to decide what they can afford or how much do they need to spend to fit their needs

In the diaper market i would put this as Depends being the really cheap part of the market

Then companies like Abena, Molicare, Seni, and so on would be the moderately priced section with good quality of materials, fit, and absorbency 

Then you have ABUniverse, Rearz, Tykables, etc for the high priced section, among the best all around on quality of materials, looks, and Absorbency.

And then there are a few priced at what i consider a bit too much, but i guess if the main AB/DL diaper companies dont make what you what, maybe paying in the area of up to $2.50- $3.50+ per diaper (depending on company and quantity) is worth it to you

I hope this specifies that im not saying all the AB/DL diaper companies are overpriced just certain ones that can only possibly be worth it if the print is one you must have and something not offered by the main AB/DL companies.

From where I am from premium incontinence diapers are priced very closely to good ABDL diapers like ABU simple.  Makes the choice very easy as the ABDL diapers tend to perform very well compared to even the best premium incontinence products.  

Here is another idea for alternative to “expensive” ABDL diapers.  I love to feel cute for myself and posted pics like the rest of you.               I just bought a bunch of diaper stickers from ABUniverse to make my plain diapers look as cute as Pampers.  I feel like I got preorder of PeekABU’s with Princess Raccoon and Racer Bunny on my comfy North Shore  Supremes.  

Now I just need to figure out how to decorate my cloth diapers.