LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bad Moon Rising Kindle Preview

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WGJ1H9X/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i3

BAD MOON RISING

by CK  Cute Kitten

“This shit hole hasn’t changed much in a century.”  The noise of the crowd swallowed Prudence’s mutter.  Fair booths lined both sides of the street.  The Fall Harvest Festival was like a Halloween themed farmers’ market.  Some booths had games, but most sold homemade goods and sweets.  Hand-knitted sweaters and blankets, apple and pumpkin butters, summer jams, hand pressed ciders, homemade fudge and candied apples.

Warring scents assaulted her sensitive nostrils. Fried fair food -burgers, corn dogs- mixed with freshly popped kettle corn and pumpkin flavored cookies, cakes, pies and mingled with scents of homemade candles. This bouquet of smells was underscored by the sting of homemade alcohol.   Shrieks of excited children pierced her ears and the pungent aroma of dirty diapers filled her nose, drowning out the other scents.  Little sugar-crusted snot goblins ran everywhere, too fast for tired parents to keep up.

Prudence nimbly side stepped the kids as she slid between the gaps of people milling about.  Her slim hand slipped into pockets as she passed, occasionally coming out with money.  Mostly chump change from the locals, but she got quite a few crisp twenty dollar bills from the visiting yuppies.  And a few wedding rings she could pawn, though the gold was low quality and not worth much.  Her haul was better than the last time she strolled down these streets, pick-pocketing at the turn of the century.

Newton was a small town surrounded by farmland and woods.  Cornfields and wilderness as far as the eye could see.  That hadn’t changed much; now there was more farmed land, less woods.  The town had expanded as the population grew.  Dirt roads paved over.  More automobiles.  No more horses and buggies. Telephone polls.  Street lights. Cell phones.  Girls in pants.

Main Street was still the largest street, running right through the center of town.  A couple of fast food joints.  A few diners.  One grocery store.  Some gas stations.  Feed store.  The three bars

in town still stood in their same spots.  The names changed and buildings were modernized.  Her hometown was still just a backwoods scratch on a map.  Just a newer version of the same old shit she’d left behind.  Even the Halloween Carnival was mostly the same.  The name had changed; somewhere along the line, it morphed into the Harvest Festival.  Main Street still got closed off and shut down so booths, a spook house, bounce castles and a few carnival rides popped up.  A maze of hay bales and tables for pumpkin painting.

Prudence noted one big difference as she walked around; a big increase in the number of attendees.  Farm families were too far apart, so they used to bring their children to town for trick or treating.  Adults took advantage of the time to trade goods, thus spawning the Halloween Carnival.  Now, city-dwelling yuppies, enamored with romantic idealizations of the quaint, wholesome, rustic country life flocked with their broods to the small town.  They drove for an hour or more for the honest, simple country folk to fleece them with over priced, hand-made goods.  

Prudence couldn’t fault the locals for their business savvy.  The yuppies were ripe for the plucking; big pockets, small brains.  No common sense.  City living bred it right out of them.  Not that she was complaining.  She smirked and patted the pilfered money in her own pockets.

“This Halloween sucks.”  Picking the pockets of idiots with their guard down was the only entertainment this town had.  She’d never wanted nor planned to return. Only once had she come back, in the 1940’s to burn a few records of her past and erase some evidence.  Local police had labeled those fires as Halloween pranks by deviant youth.  One of those fires occurred a few streets away from where she stood now.  

She recalled a full harvest moon in a starless black sky and the orange flames turning day to night. That night had been a ill moon for the town.  Tonight was a full moon on Halloween, too.  She stuffed her hands in her pockets, feeling all her ill-gotten gains.  “Looks like it’s another bad moon for you, baby.”  She grinned to herself then laughed.

Hicksville was boring as hell, but all that she hated about this place made it the perfect place to lay low.  She had pissed off quite a few dangerous, powerful wolves when her latest, not-quite-legal, get-rich-quick scheme went bust. The law got involved. The law breakers were not happy. Now Prudence was laying low until the heat- both from the cops and the wolves- blew over.

The crisp autumn breeze shifted.  Red, orange, and yellow leaves fluttered about. Costumed kids shrieked, tiny hands grasping for the dancing leaves.  The change in direction of the wind brought in scents of earth, of rotting vegetation, pine needles, and animal musk.  The forest. Fresh cut hay and pumpkins from the fields.  Pumpkins everywhere. Just like when she was a child.  A human.

Pru struggled to recall happy childhood memories.  Fought for nostalgia as her feet once more trod the soil of her birth, both as a human then as a wolf.  All she felt was nausea.  She’d discarded her childhood as easily as she’d tossed her humanity.  All she had left were vague memories.  A screaming mother. Fighting siblings. So many siblings- faces and names all blurs.  A father who always reeked of soured whiskey and who was heavy handed with his belt.  Constant hunger in her belly.

She shook her head, brushing the cobwebs from her mind.  They weren’t worth remembering.  She crossed the street to another row of booths, looking around aimlessly. Three little ball jointed dolls in a glass display case caught her attention.  These were collectors’ items, not toys for children to play with and ruin.  The dolls were little children dressed up for Halloween in exquisitely detailed costumes. The faces and hair were realistic looking; little replicas of real life.  She almost expected them to blink, to giggle, to move on their own.  She drifted closer to the booth, standing right in front of it.  She never took her eyes off those hauntingly beautiful dolls.  Childhood memories frozen in porcelain.

“Like the dolls, dearie? Win them in a raffle. Only five bucks a ticket.  Helps out the firemen.”  A middle aged lady with gray streaks in her ponytail shook a roll of tickets in Pru’s face.  

Pru took an involuntary step back, blinking and shifting her focus onto the lady. A sense of deja-vu hit her and she was swept back to her childhood.  The woman was a dead ringer for her old teacher in the local one-room school house. Mrs. Fisk had been a strict but fair schoolmarm. Most of the kids liked her.  Prudence often was on the receiving end of Mrs. Fisk’s switch; neither teacher nor student had liked each other very much.  This raffle lady had to be one of her descendents; a great great granddaughter or something like that. “I’ve never seen dolls that detailed. They’re almost life-like. They should be in some high-end store, not a prize at a fair. “

“I thought the same when I first saw them. Lucas is such a talented boy.  He refurbished these from a thrift shop.  He should’ve just sold them on ebay. His cousin Rosie said he insisted on donating them to the raffle when she dropped them off.”  The lady shook her head.  “The dolls have been a big help. These tickets sell like hot cakes.  We just might be able to get that new equipment after all.”

Prudence tuned her out as she prattled on.  A boy created such a treasure from junk?  She wondered what kind of person this artist who created such beauty was. Trash turned into art. She wanted to meet him.  She was tempted to swipe the dolls, but they were at the back of the booth, under glass. And the lady watched them like a hawk.  Too much trouble...  But if an opportunity presented itself, she’d be ready to pounce.   “You look really familiar.  Are you related to a Mrs. Fisk?”

The lady blinked, taken aback. “Fisk is my maiden name. I’m a King.”  She looked up from her tickets, giving Prudence a long, hard look.  “You look familiar, too.” She squinted. “I swear, I’ve seen you before.  But I know you’re not from around here. I know all the locals.”  Her voice took on a touch of pride.

“Oh, I was born here, but I haven’t been back in ages. Left plenty of family, though.  The Pipers still around?”

“There’s a few. You’ve got the look of a Piper.”

“They still causing trouble?”

“Never stopped.”  

Prudence laughed. She liked the lady.  Maybe she’d let the old bat keep her dolls, as a favor to the very late Mrs. Fisk.

“What did you say your name was?”

“I didn’t. It’s Prudence.”

“Prudence Piper?!”  The lady’s grey brows rose nearly up to her hairline in shock.  

Pru smiled, a mischievous glint in her eyes. “Something wrong with that name?”

“You don’t know who Prudence Piper was?”   

Pru shook her head.  The lady rambled on.   “Whoever in your family named you has a sense of humor.  Prudence Piper is something of a local legend.”  She leaned forward to stage whisper.  “She was a notorious girl. A bootlegger during Prohibition. Rumor has it she had ties to the mafia. Al Capone’s sweetheart.”

Prudence laughed at that. “I’m not so sure about that last part. But I bet the rest is true. Well behaved women rarely make history, after all.  She sounds like a fun gal.”   She gave the dolls once last look then drifted away.

• Like 3

cute kitten have you deleted your w.i.p  novel ..  i.e. bad seed ,, as does not appear on this site , but have found it along with your other novels but haven't been added to on board member stories .

18 hours ago, starman said:

cute kitten have you deleted your w.i.p  novel ..  i.e. bad seed ,, as does not appear on this site , but have found it along with your other novels but haven't been added to on board member stories .

All my previous stories got devoured in the malware attack. I haven't had the time to repost the long ones.  They're still up on another site. 

• Like 2

The bulging pocket of a teenaged girl caught her attention.  She fell in line behind the gaggle of local girls, keeping a few yuppies in between them for camouflage.  It was easy to tell the locals and the yupsters apart.  The city slickers tried too hard to fit in, making themselves stick out like sore thumbs.  

They passed a few game booths like Pop-A-Pumpkin with darts and orange balloons.  Prudence drifted closer to the teens, easily weaving between people.  She occasionally surveyed the crowd with a casual glance to make sure no one was watching.  One eye stayed on the girl and her pocket.  She was an older teen, almost grown up.  Eighteen or nineteen, Pru guessed.  So she might have something good on her, like cigarettes.  Or junk like used, balled up tissues or bubblegum.  

Who knew with kids these days?  They were such slobs. Not like when Pru was young; back then, society had standards.  Now, she was often mistaken for an older teen or a young twenty something by the humans.  It annoyed her to no end. Given her looks, her age when she’d been bit, been turned, it was only natural that the humans would get confused with her age.  She still looked the same as she had a century ago. Her physical body was in her prime; hell, she was in better shape than when she was a human. Physical perfection; beautiful and lethal. A predator in her prime. A wolf in sheep’s clothing.

The longer she lived, the less human she felt.  Like that part of her was slipping away.  Sometimes, she forgot herself and had trouble connecting with the humans.  Blending in with the humans used to be as natural as breathing as she adapted to her new state of being.  Now, that state felt natural and acting human was a foreign language, clumsy on her tongue.

The girls whispered and giggled, heads bent together.  The murmurs and laughter of the other pedestrians milling all around them should have drowned out their voices.  Pru heard them easily from several feet away, as clear as if she stood right next to them.  She picked up each voice as well as each individual scent.  She sniffed the air, her nose and brain filtering and automatically cataloging each scent like a canine.

“Rosie, you sure it’s okay to leave Lucas by himself?”  A girl with acne asked the girl with the bulging pocket.  Pru’s ears perked up at that. Could the girl with the bulging pocket be cousin of Lucas the doll maker?  It was a small town; Pru was sure she’d just hit pay dirt. She paid closer attention to the girls.

“He’s fine.”  Rosie sounded annoyed. Like the topic was getting old.

“He seemed pretty freaked out.”  The tallest of the group chimed in.

“Yeah, you know how he is.  What if he has one of his anxiety freak outs or something?” Acne girl frowned at Rosie.

“They’re called panic attacks.  And he won’t. He’ll be fine.  We’re just going through the haunted house.  We’ll be back in like five minutes.”  

“I feel bad. Just leaving him like that.  He looked like he was gonna cry.”  Tall girl looked back over her shoulder.  Prudence casually turned her head, like she was thinking about buying a candy apple from the nearest food booth.  Just another face in the crowd.

Rosie made a disgusted sound deep in her throat.  “He’s got his fucking bear and a dry diaper.  He’s fucking fine.  Just because he’s in a wheelchair doesn’t mean he’s a full blown tard. Quit looking at me like I smashed one of his dumb dolls.  Now, it’s Halloween.  I’d like to have a little bit of fun with my best friends without my fucking cry baby cousin completely ruining my night.  Is that too much to ask?”   She rounded on the other girls.

They met her eyes for a brief moment then looked away, awkward and uncomfortable.  Rosie stared at them for several heart beats. None of them looked back at her.  She sighed and dropped her hands to her sides.  “I’m sorry. Look. Lucas even said it was okay.  He said he didn’t mind if we went to the haunted house.  So let’s just go and get back, okay? I’ll get him a candy apple or something.”  That last part swayed the other girls. They nodded and continued walking.

Pru drifted closer until she was directly behind the distracted girls.  Foot traffic slowed.  Bodies pressed closer together as they neared the spook house line.  Ahead, a toddler writhed on the ground in the middle of a tantrum fit.  Her fists and feet pounded the pavement, her face red as she howled at the top of her lungs.   Pru’s upper lip curled in a snarl at the noise.

She glanced around once.  No one watched her.  She stepped silently closer to the girls.  Her hand dipped into Rosie’s pocket.  Her fingers curled around a smooth plastic oval ring attached to something.  She guided it out, hidden in the palm of her hand, then into her own pocket.  She smoothly turned and walked away.  All this occurred in the span of a few seconds.

She walked between two food stalls and behind a bounce house before she examined her latest prize.  A pacifier. A large one.  Too large for a baby or child.  Perfect for an adult.  Little Rosie was a raver?  She didn’t strike Pru as the type. Rosie wasn’t a kandi kid or a tweeker.  First impressions could be wrong, but Pru considered herself a good judge of character.  Girls like Rosie didn’t get high. They stole the occasional beer or wine from their parents.  Cut school.  Broke curfew.  Acts of childish teen defiance.

Pru turned the pacifier over in her hand, examining it. The shield was green.  The button yellow with a cartoon turtle on it.  The handle was blue.  Colored more for a boy than a girl.  A prop for a Halloween costume?  There were some scratches on the plastic and teeth marks on the large rubber nipple.  It was too realistic, too well used to be part of a costume.  Could this belong to a diaper wearing, teddy bear carrying, anxiety prone, crippled doll maker?

“Only one way to find out.  Besides, returning it is the right thing to do.”  She grinned, revealing very sharp looking teeth.   She tossed the pacifier into the air, caught it and put it back in her pocket.

• Like 3

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing your thoughts. LIttle Fenny-  It is set in the same world as Tricky Treats.  There's actually a little easter egg hidden in here- a brief mention of Danny (Daniel) from Tricky Treats. 

Edited by Cute_Kitten
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed the new chapters. Lucas is almost to scared to survive by himself. I hope that Prudence can get through to him. He could really use a friend. 

• Like 1

Aww, Pru has a fan. I wouldn't want to be Rosie if Pru spots her being mean to Lucas. Lucas would be a good woof-pup name. I don't think I can picture Prudence as a mommy. But maybe as the tough big sister, trade up Lucas, trade up!

Two more great chapters. I hope the alcohol will work for Lucas. Pru’s Past is coming out a little more to, which is interesting. I am concerned that her looking so much like the young woman from the turn of the century will get her busted. Then people will not want to believe that story so her true identity is likely safe. I am looking forward to reading more.