LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Grrr.... death rant

Hospital screwed up Dad's death certificate. Actually wrote someone else's name then scratched it out and wrote his!

Obviously it was rejected by the state and has to be done again, so now it's going to be at least another week or two before we can BEGIN to do the paperwork to secure my mom. No insurance check, no pension, and his social security has been cut off, but we can't apply for the survivors benefit until we have the certificate!

Things are getting desperate here. After paying the essential bills (mortgage, utilities, car, insurance) we have less than $400 left to last until.... we don't even know!

How can people not see the stress they are adding on already grieving family when they take no care in doing the things we need to even start to go on? We should be celebrating his life, not still trying to prove his death!

• Sad 5

Wow that’s really unprofessional:

Fair enough people make mistakes, but doing a half arsed job to fix a death certificate like that isn’t on, seems a bit disrespectful to the family to over complicate matters.

Why didn’t they shred the bodged up death certificate and get a new one as soon as they'd knew they'd messed up? can't be that difficult. 

1 hour ago, Alvin Seville said:

Wow that’s really unprofessional:

Fair enough people make mistakes, but doing a half arsed job to fix a death certificate like that isn’t on, seems a bit disrespectful to the family to over complicate matters.

Why didn’t they shred the bodged up death certificate and get a new one as soon as they'd knew they'd messed up? can't be that difficult. 

That's why I'm pissed. They do this for a living, they KNEW the state wouldn't accept an apparently altered form, but sent it anyway.... BY MAIL.... wasting more than a week before we could even begin to get it corrected.

I actually had a mini-meltdown in the car the other day because I am so overwhelmed and everyone seems to be out to make this more difficult.... The certificate, then the medical company kept delaying coming to get the oxygen and other medical stuff out of the house that reminds us of the bad days, and I went to my shrink's appointment to find he had left (for a family emergency) but they had written my number down wrong so I didn't get told. Felt like I have so much to handle, and accomplishing nothing!

Wow.  My heart goes out to you.  At my university, the staff treat the students like a whack-a-mole game and redirect them to 5 different departments before anyone will give them a non-confusing answer.  But to screw up something THAT simple is beyond belief.  You might as well throw a dirty diaper in the envelope and send it back to whoever wrote the messed up certificate.

• Like 1

Wow, such incompetence :o

If things get desperate you've got my primary email- I'll send what I can. Just get through today but earmark this for follow-up as whoever did that needs to at least have their bosses foot shoving their hemorrhoids up to their nose so that they don't do this to someone else :bash: And if I were their boss they'd be fired :angry2:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Sounds like time to consult a lawyer.  Not sure if you have a case but maybe a free consultation might help.  I mean, altering a death certificate and submitting it has to have broken some kind of law, even if it was the hospital who did it.  Put some pressure on everyone and tell them the reason you are doing this is incompetence on their part and desperation for benefits.

• Like 1

I understand your frustration.. If this happened to one of my family memebers I'd be equally vexed. Hope they resolve it swiftly as that sort of thing should not happen and they know it.

• Like 1

That's terrible.  We unfortunately had similar issues with my grandmother, as her legal birth certificate said "Baby Girl (Lastname)".  Apparently it was quite common to simply put Baby Girl or Baby Boy as the first name on a birth certificate when children commonly died before their first birthday.  Some, never changed it.  This became a problem when my grandmother passed, as she had an identity issue.  I'll never know how she got a license with her original birth certificate but...Somehow it wasn't an issue until her passing as well.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem a few years ago with Medicaid and out of work.  No job other than a few odd jobs here and there and my volunteer work as an election official every 2 years.  I kept getting denied over and over with no explination even after sending in my W2 from working the election and tax returns, which I didn't even have to file based on being below a specific income for the year.  I called and left messages and was never given the return call I was supposed to get within 24 hours.  Finally out of desperation I sent a 12 page letter to the Governor including all my information, copy of tax return, copy's of denial notices, and even one letter I received stating "Medicaid is not for anyone between the ages of 21 and 65".  I stated someone needs to investigate the (city name) office of the DHS as I have heard they deny many eligible people.  Mind you, I even had people who worked for insurance companies send in information to them based on my low income and me falling within the Medicaid guidelines.

I sent the info to the Governor on Thursday morning.  Friday afternoon I got an e-mail from his office stating it had been turned over to their quick response team.  Monday morning I got a call from a manager at the local DHS stating I had been approved, they had no idea what the problem was, my information had been sitting their for 3 months, etc etc yadda yadda BS BS!  Yes, I gave her pushback stating it's been 2 years I have been dealing with this.  She said, "You never got a call?"  I said, "All I ever got were denial letters!".  Now, I do not want to offend anyone and I am not a racist, but this city is predominantly one race.  About 90% of the city is a particular race and heavy on welfare. It is well known if you are not of that race, you will be denied.  A friend of mine's sister moved to that city from another one and had to reapply for her welfare (which I do not have and believe only in the most severe situations people should have).  She was denied over and over (she is not of the majority race in that city either).  Finally her father went in with a friend of his.  He was given a hard time and denied again and the friend asked, "What bases are you denying these benefits?"  The woman looked at him and say, "Just who are you?"  He then pulled out his business card and said, "I'm their lawyer."  The woman went to someone at a desk in back of the office, came back a couple minutes later and said, "Her benefits are approved".  That just goes to show how someone can play games and approve or deny whoever they want to for personal reasons unless you put the pressure on them.  With my friend's sister, it was a lawyer.  With me, it was the Governor's office.

Mikey, if things persist, I would send all the info you can to the Governor's office.  They have ways of cutting through the BS and making sure people take action.  Maybe it won't help like it did for me, but maybe it will.

• Like 2

@rusty pins I have heard that about my state as well, that they basically deny EVERYONE and force them to hire a lawyer to fight for benefits as some of proving how much they need it.

I'm basically one step away from having to go on disability with my meniere's disease and mental health issues. It's impossible for me to work a job with set hours due to the menere's dictating when I can drive and what I can do. It is only my limited computer skills and home business allowing me to earn a living; and when that becomes impossible or I'm not able to turn a profit anymore I'll be out of options and will still likely have to fight for the benefits ive paid in for.

= = = = = =

On the main issue: Funeral Home lady went off on the hospital today, and the ball is hopefully rolling again. Doctor that needs to sign a new certificate won't be on till Monday and then they will mail it to the funeral home to be signed and submitted. Hopefully they follow through Monday and do it, and do it right. December is half over, and we're going to be right-screwed come January when it's time to pay the mortgage and utilities again PLUS the property taxes for the year and my Car registration!

Utilities and property taxes can usually go unpaid for a short time without serous repercussions, maybe a small late payment charge added. Utilities are more amenable to this if you let them know ahead of time that you don't think you'll have full payment. The mortgage might not require timely property tax payment, some do and some don't but all will forfeit if that goes too far. Usually delinquent taxes means nothing but an added late fee for a year- after that they act to seize the property. You might also be able to courier the letter Monday yourself to avoid the delays and risks of loss in mailing. Doing something is better than doing nothing even when your efforts fail- at last you know that you tried all you could :)

I can fully identify with you on having an uncertain future. If I can make 4 more working years I can get SS started which will be around $600 a month, maybe $1-200 more if I can claim disability, but disability takes a year or more to get started here and I have no means of survival during that time. It usually takes a Lawyer to get this State to give you anything less than full disability which has to be clearly and easily shown or they wont even give it. Nothing short of a lottery win can make thoughts of my future life bearable :( but I hang in there anyway even if only out of habit because there's nothing else I can do that's potentially better. All we can do is try.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

That sucks I hope the death certificate thing gets straightened out for you soon.

I know what it's like being broke. I've got $44.00 left in my wallet for the month and my house payment will be due by the 10th of January and thankfully my mom is helping me pay it. 

She's been paying my house payment or at least $200.00 of the $250.00 for the last 6 months now. If she hadn't been helping me I would be out of the house by now. 

I run a few websites myself that are non ABDL related and they were doing good income wise but right now they're barely making anything.  I'm sure they will make more money eventually but right now the income has slowed down.

I'm looking into other ways of making money from the website other than Adsense which I've been using. It's still making money just not the payout each month.

It was making a good $600.00 to $700.00 per month and has dropped to about $20.00 per month so I can't get a payout each month.

Traffic has dropped to the websites but it's slowly picking back up.

I also sell scrap metal on the side but right now the scrap tin and other metals is so low that I can barely make it after using gas to haul it.

I've been hauling some light stuff in such as scrap electric motors, transformers, aluminum cans etc to get some cash to help with the bills. But I only take it in when my parents are going to town anyway otherwise I wouldn't be able to cover gas cost.

And winter is coming with the really cold temperatures and I can't get out there and work with the scrap metal as much.

A few years ago too a guy came over drunk and me and my dad told him to leave and he wouldn't and he started a fight and he slammed me into the brush guard on my dad's truck and screwed up my back. 

So I'm only able to do physical labor for around 2 hours at a time then my back starts going out and I have to rest. 

I'll be 30 years old on March 8th 2018 but my body feels a lot older at times.

I went to a property my dad and I own yesterday and worked 2 hours cutting and loading firewood for my wood stove and that's all my back could take before I had to quit and come back home. 

It was such a nice day yesterday and I wish I could've gotten more firewood cut and loaded but just couldn't.

I use firewood as my sole heat source and the firewood is free to me except the gas in the chainsaw to cut the wood and the gas to haul it.

An 80 year old guy who'm I do part time work for had a large tree cut down and I went over and cut most of it up and brought it over and then he had somebody with a tractor bring the rest of the tree to me so I've got some more firewood for next year once it seasons.

By heating with wood I save over $1,000.00 per year in heating costs. 

22 hours ago, wetdiaper222 said:

A few years ago too a guy came over drunk and me and my dad told him to leave and he wouldn't and he started a fight and he slammed me into the brush guard on my dad's truck and screwed up my back.  So I'm only able to do physical labor for around 2 hours at a time then my back starts going out and I have to rest. 

Too late now, but I would have called the police, had them file an assault report at the very minimum.  No matter if he's drunk, if you have either temporary or permanent back damage that can be attested to from a doctor as being caused by being slammed into that brush guard, the drunk will have to pay medical bills, pain and suffering and who knows what if you take him to court.  Always call the police and file a report when something like that happens.  If it turns out the drunk is a good friend of the local police chief, call the state police or county sheriff instead.  Now, if you started it and pushed first, chances are you will be the one at fault, but if someone pushes you, you may end up owning their house depending on the severity of your injury!

5 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Too late now, but I would have called the police, had them file an assault report at the very minimum.  No matter if he's drunk, if you have either temporary or permanent back damage that can be attested to from a doctor as being caused by being slammed into that brush guard, the drunk will have to pay medical bills, pain and suffering and who knows what if you take him to court.  Always call the police and file a report when something like that happens.  If it turns out the drunk is a good friend of the local police chief, call the state police or county sheriff instead.  Now, if you started it and pushed first, chances are you will be the one at fault, but if someone pushes you, you may end up owning their house depending on the severity of your injury!

I don't remember the exact date but It was almost 3 years ago now. 

The police were called by a neighbor and the drunk guy was arrested and taken to jail. 

We went to court over it and he was found at fault but he only got 30 days in jail for the incident and nothing more. 

He pushed my dad to the ground and then my dad broke the drunk guys jaw. The police found what we did to be self defense. 

He said he was gonna kill us and was heading for the car which he had a gun in and I grabbed him before he could get to the car and gun and that's when he slammed me into the brush guard but I did get a punch in as well and he left a bruise on my face in which the police pointed out to me. 

My back wasn't that bad after that right away so I didn't think anything of it but now I do believe my back problems are caused by that because my back didn't used to hurt as quick.

Before getting slammed into the brush guard I could do a good full days work of physical labor but now only a few hours at a time at most.

I agree with Bettypooh on the karma.  Having lost my mom last December suddenly, this is the worst thing anyone can go through, worse yet right before Christmas and to have a hospital screw things up and then not bend over backwards to fix it immediately is the poorest type of service and heartless thing they can do at a time like this.

• Like 1