LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting started with cloth

On 12/22/2017 at 1:46 PM, FullyLoaded said:

I have 2 of the babykins SDK velcro diapers.  The velcro failed pretty quickly.  I ordered a  roll of heavy duty velcro brand velcro and replaced all the velcro on both diapers.  They are still going strong.  another option is to remove bad velcro and use pins.

I've had these babykins velcro diapers for a while now, and they're holding up just fine. Wash in WARM water, (not hot) and tumble dry on LOW heat... takes two dryer cycles to get them dry but preserves the materials.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:55 AM, Little Christine said:

I've been given to understand that pull-ons are not that effective. Besides that, when it is time to change, do you not have to pull thenm down your leg all the way, taking off your rubber panties as well (unless they are snap-on) but won't pullups be a bother if you are not wearing a skirt, dress or babydoll (which has a panty that will need to be taken off to change the diaper)

Pull-ons work just fine for me. I generally change plastic panties every time I change the diaper, so that's not an issue. I also generally don't wear cloth out in public, so I don't worry about having to remove pants either.

Different strokes for different folks, but I've found velcro and pull-on cloth diapers to be excellent... retaining the bulk and feel of cloth while keeping the easily changed convenience of disposables. The best of both worlds.

Today is my first day in cloth. Not as traumatic as I thought it might be. I enjoy the simple pinning process and the way it makes me feel. The diapers are thinner than I might have imagined. Next time I'll consider double diapers.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:32 AM, Howdy21 said:

Oh God, I ordered cloth diapers. They will soon arrive in the mail. I'm beginning to doubt myself. Take a deep breath. You can do this.

My cloth diapers from Baby Pants arrived. I loved putting them on using diaper pins. However, having worn disposables,  I was a little dis-appointed they weren't thicker. Do I need to double up each time? Would  gauze have been thicker than birdseye? What are your thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Howdy21 said:

My cloth diapers from Baby Pants arrived. I loved putting them on using diaper pins. However, having worn disposables,  I was a little dis-appointed they weren't thicker. Do I need to double up each time? Would  gauze have been thicker than birdseye? What are your thoughts?

I would think gauze are maybe a bit more airier than Birdseye. But, the thickness depends more on the manufacturer.

Double up on them, if you want to feel more bulk, yes. Or you can tri fold one, and lay it in the middle of the bottom diaper, if they are rectangle flat diapers. Take one diaper and lay it out flat, fold one side to half way, or the middle point, (don't fold the diaper in half) then fold the other side to the half way point, or the middle. that would be a tri folded diaper. Then just lay it down the middle of your other diaper, and pin on as usual.

This is actually a good way to increase the bulk, or capacity of your diapers, but will wash and dry easier then thicker diapers. The thicker the diaper, the longer it takes to wash, and the longer it will take it to dry too.

You can buy boosters that will do the same thing too.     

I fold my own diaper using 48” cloth squares. I prefer a kite fold, trough the center line I’ll put a rectangular folded diaper as a doubler to increase the bulk and absorbency to my likings. Further I’ll put a snug fitting plastic pant over it to top it of, golden.

• Like 1