LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question About Cotton Flannel

yes   cotton flannel is often used for a diaper and flannel diapers are sold by angel fluff and babykins.com   you can also by cotton flannel by the yard from JoAnn Fabrics and other places too.  Flannel is nice and soft for awhile but eventually it gets quite hard and less comfortable than gauze diapers

What about terry and twill?

• 2 months later...

I prefer flannel for my pull-ups and flannel diapers for my doublers. My latest dozen flannel diapers are turning a little grey after being washed at least twice a week for over a year, but they wash easier and dry quicker than multi-layered doublers. As for terry, it is personal preference, I do not like the feel of wet terry next to my bum.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, le Hollandais said:

I was wondering if 100% cotton flannel could be used for a diaper. Reason I ask is because I seem to recall that flannel is difficult to clean, or can be so after long usage. Is that true?

There is a specific flannel called "diaper flannel" just for use in making cloth diapers. I've been using it for years and it is not difficult to clean. If it gets any stains, they can usually be removed (or mostly removed) using OxiClean. Chlorine bleach can be used sparingly, but it tends to weaken the fibers if used all the time. I also use Wegmans brand non-chlorine colorfast bleach for daily soaking and Purex laundry soap for washing diapers.

I tried flannel diapers. Flannel is a much tighter weave than the other cotton diaper weaves. Because of the tighter weave flannel does not absorb liquids as fast as the looser cotton weaves. Gauze absorbs very fast as it is the loosest weave followed by twill and birdseye weaves. Birdseye seems to work very well for me. It absorbs fast, holds fluids well and lasts longer than most other weaves. If you flood your flannel diapers then you might experience more leaks as the flannel takes longer to absorb the urine.

• Like 1
On 2/19/2018 at 2:09 PM, Soggy Bottom Boy said:

I tried flannel diapers. Flannel is a much tighter weave than the other cotton diaper weaves. Because of the tighter weave flannel does not absorb liquids as fast as the looser cotton weaves. Gauze absorbs very fast as it is the loosest weave followed by twill and birdseye weaves. Birdseye seems to work very well for me. It absorbs fast, holds fluids well and lasts longer than most other weaves. If you flood your flannel diapers then you might experience more leaks as the flannel takes longer to absorb the urine.

Yeah, I tried flannel once. That's enough. I discovered that I didn't care for it. And you're right, it didn't take long to flood and leak. Flour Sack towels are pretty good, Even better if you use a doubler.

• 2 weeks later...