LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Advice for leaking at night. Obese.

ThomasInWVa

I seem to be leaking around or through my plastic pants at night a lot. I'm looking for any advice. I'm on the heavy side at 330lbs (but it is dropping.)

This tends to work but can be uncomfortable:

Nothshore XL diaper. These work well if my penis is properly positioned to allow flow between my legs if I'm on my back but that no longer works. My penis tends to retract when flaccid so I tend to have sideways flow and that is not trapped by the disposable diaper. I already know my plastic pants need to be high-rise and my current set are not. This tends to leave a gap at my lower back. I have one pair(?) of diaper underwear that I wear over the disposable. This does a good job of capturing side overflow but can add too much bulk and lead to lower back pain. With high-rise plastic pants, this should prevent leaks. 

I have also tried a combination of the Northshore diaper and a plastic backed underwear liner worn out side of the diaper inside of some large underwear. Plastic side out. This works but there is the added cost. 

I'm thinking what I need to try is a 1 layer thick contoured velcro pre-fold flannel diaper instead of the diaper pants. (Pins are a no-go.)

Has any one else, especially if obese, tried anything like this? I just received a new set of hi-backed plastic pants so the gaps should be gone tonight. 

In addition to this, I have the full mattress cover and over that I have an area cover that covers my side of the bed and over that I have 2-3 absorbent pads from North Shore. Then the top sheet.This way if I soak the bed, I can easily remove the absorbent pads and then just place a thin flannel pre-fold diaper over the damp sheet. (As I am large, the pre-fold diapers are freaking huge.) 

I can't do cloth diapers as I can't sleep if I feel wet. The whole point of the diaper is so I can sleep and not get up 4 or 5 times a night. 

Any other suggestion would appreciated. 

The only thing I can suggest is a straight up full on cloth diaper and properly fitting plastic pants combo. The combination of disposable+underwear+plastic pants is overly complicated and wasteful.

Yes you will feel wet if you are using cloth, but if you change immediately before bed it shouldn't present that much of an issue... if anything else it's just a matter of getting used to the feeling, just like you got used to sleeping in diapers in the first place.

I love wearing at night & have got in the habit of wearing just about every night.

I currently use the birdseye night weight prefolds from AdultClothDiaper.com.  Very durable.  (Don't go to adultclothdiapers.com.  Either squatter-owned or full-out malware site.)

Sized one up from the median recommendation.  Site says I can just wear 'M' waist size, but 'L' fits well (i am bottom heavy), and 'XL' gives more coverage along the sides.

Next time I order, I'll do something different.  (1) Too much bulk between the legs with these, and (2) takes too long to dry, very costly to dry, and (3) even with the super-duper wash, not sure they're really as clean as they should be, having some problems with funk. 

As for washing, was happy using some chlorine bleach but this eats up the cloth in the long run. Now using oxy bleach with less than perfect success, have some odors after wetting that are stronger than they should be.  Not full-on strong ammonia, but still.  (Edit:  Less detergent, a different bottle/different brand of h2o2 bleach, longer drying, may be helping).

The easiest option for me might be XL day weight with additional stuffers where I need them.  Next, the flat diapers, but these aren't available in as wide a range of sizes.  Then, custom made, but this would be very expensive for trial-and-error since there's a substantial minimum order.  Or, buy a sewing machine and some cloth and learn to sew.

Oops, now see 'can't do cloth because of the wet feeling.'  I don't know about that.  Some kind of liner that lets liquid pass but keeps you dry, maybe?

A friend of mine who is a member here wears cloth diapers and plastic pants.  I believe most people say for sleeping cloth diapers work much better than disposables, especially if you are a side sleeper.  This is due to the fact that cloth diapers go around the sides and not just in the center, they wick wetness throughout the diaper instead of locking it all in one area, and in some cases handle flooding better.  What my friend does is not buy thick over night weight cloth diapers.  The drying of  such a thick diaper can take a long time.  What he does is use thinner cloth diapers and layers them inside with cloth baby diapers.  That way when washing, all the diapers dry quickly and he can actually layer diapers just where he needs them the most for proper protection.  He can also add or subtract cloth inserts depending on how heavy he wets.  You may want to try getting some thinner weight cloth adult diapers and then some cloth baby diapers as inserts and try them instead of disposable diapers.

• Like 1

The best combination for me and I am a heavy wetter is a tena maxi slip held in place with net fixing pants. then a pair of padded inco pants with two pairs of plastic pants usually viva medi pants with mylesta nylon ones over them. This combination usually keeps my bed dry. I have a kylie (washable bed pad )under my sheet and a waterproof cover on the bed just in case. Flannelette sheets also stay warm when wet and if I leak I don't wake until morning.

Thanks everyone. 

Turns out I just needed new plastic pants that are larger and fit better.  I used to swear by cloth diapers until I started using high quality disposables. Cloth diapers are hell on my skin and the odor in the morning is a tad foul.  And I'm glad I don't have to continually do laundry of cloth diapers.  Disposables are the way to go. I just use one NorthShore XL and diaper insert strip placed sideways along the waistline of a pair of underwear over the diaper. The underwear is not very tight, just enough to hold the insert. Cover with the right plastic pants and no leaks all night. 

Cloth not only bugs my skin but I wake up due to wet feeling. With the disposable I can sleep the entire night away. Getting real sleep it worth the cost. 

For quite a while, I was trying to sleep without diapers. And I did for the most part but I was getting up 3 and 4 times a night and still would have some bed wetting. But I was almost a zombie all day. i had no idea how much it was wearing me until I was able to sleep all night without worry or getting up. 

I really need to admit it to myself that diapers are a necessity and that is just the way it is. Especially at night.

P.S. I'm also a side sleeper and that is why I have the insert along the waist. It helps to absorb the moisture that leaks our the side of the disposable. 

im a side sleeper this is what i do  velcro cloth diaper and a full disposable booster covered with a terry lined plastic pants i dot off ebay. since doing this a few years ago i stop needing to change my sheet so often . hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Your best bet is to attempt cloth diapers or even bariatric briefs. I am on the heavier side also bit can wear a l/xl from rearz. I use the cloth in conjunction with a flannel booster that is the length of the diaper and I can wet for 14hours straight (that was the amount I slept last night after a change at 6pm and waking at 8 am

Cloth diapers are the best   flannel or cotton   nite(double  fold) diapers as my nanny calls them with an insert should take care of any leaks issues   and in colder climates if you go out it`s better

Have a good evening  pm me if you want

24 hours after giving my take on leaks in the above post,

I had a major leak that night....But I should say that the fault was mine for not having diapered myself properly....The fit was just not there as I tried to do things too quickly....and as I have learnt from past readings....if we can ,we should try to let go like babies that is to say to let go a little at the time as opposed to holding it for a major let go all at once which causes saturation to happen quickly and therefore leaks are likely to happen....

That is the result of reading and experience....hope that helps

I'm a side sleeper, and I only use disposables, as long as my pisser is pointed down and I don't soak my diaper while sleeping I have not had any leaks since switching to Northshore Supreme for my night diapers. 

Try wearing a disposable booster or typical disposable diaper (poked with holes) and a cloth diaper over that so that you get the supreme coverage of the cloth diaper and still feel dry because you have a disposable product against your skin