LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers At Work Dilemma

For the last week I have been on a job routinely working 15 to 16 hours a day.  Unfortunately I am working with a fellow co-worker and I can't exactly figure out how I can change my diaper without being noticed. I have been wearing the same rearz princess diaper all day long and making sure that I empty my bladder when I sit on the potty to void. I feel that this is causing me to go backwards in my incontinence training. Do I just tell my co-worker and job that I am incontinent so that I can change my diaper regularly or do I just continue what I'm doing? It's not easy wearing the same diaper all day.

I talked to my wife and she told me that she really didn't know what I should do.

Awww yes the to change or not to change.

I often wear a ABU preschool to work, with a booster and keep a diaper change in my backpack, just incase. Im normally fine with staying and rarely change at work when i do i change in the normal bathroom in the stall, its a little unsettling and all but ive done it for over a year so far with no one asking anything. Its just geting comfy with your diapers and being able to change when needed.

Not sure what your job is but there should be some place to poop privately and that will also do for a diaper change ;) There's also lunch break and you may have access to your car where a change might be possible :whistling: If a change is truly impossible then using a booster may be the best answer as that can be quickly removed and will extend wear time :) Not so long ago I was working out of town doing 3 day stints  with a co-worker and staying the nights in the same room with them. Even with nearly zero privacy I still found ways to change discreetly 3 times a day though sometimes it required waiting for the chance. Discreet disposal was more of a problem than changes but once again it was possible with having the bags ready to run to the dumpster with when I had a moment alone B) Usually whoever thinks best wins the game :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

Hi Mark

When My incontinence first started I always worried some one would notice me changing my diaper, now I no longer worry as they will figure it out eventually any ways.  Just wear plain white diapers when at work and change when you need to to help prevent over saturation of your diaper and to keep the pee smell down. only my boss has said any thing about me taking in a back pack every time I go into the wash room other then that no one elae has mentioned it in 3 years. 

Just go about hour bussines and change when needed if some one asks you can explain you have a bladder issue, no one will question a plain white premium diaper. keep small garbage bags in your back pack to dispose of the diaper in the bathrooms garbage.

I have my backpack at work but my fellow coworker has already asked why I carry a backpack around with me now.  At lunch is impossibe because we only have one rental car and go to lunch together always.  I am very comfortable with my diapers and changing anywhere with the exception of a customers site and work.  I have a water proof black laundey bag made by Gary that I keep my used diapers in until I can dispose of them properly.  It seems it would be easier if people thought I was incontinent and then I could change at lunch without any concern.

What about switching to a discreet diaper like a pull up pants thing or similar for work?

That way you’d get rid of crinkles, tape rip noises, bulkiness and it might make wearing at work less of a fuss.

Of course have awesome diapers at home; just have the other ones to make wearing at work easier.

21 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Not sure what your job is but there should be some place to poop privately and that will also do for a diaper change ;) There's also lunch break and you may have access to your car where a change might be possible :whistling: If a change is truly impossible then using a booster may be the best answer as that can be quickly removed and will extend wear time :) Not so long ago I was working out of town doing 3 day stints  with a co-worker and staying the nights in the same room with them. Even with nearly zero privacy I still found ways to change discreetly 3 times a day though sometimes it required waiting for the chance. Discreet disposal was more of a problem than changes but once again it was possible with having the bags ready to run to the dumpster with when I had a moment alone B) Usually whoever thinks best wins the game :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

The booster idea sounds very intriguing...I have never used them before and with a Rearz Princess diaper it may be almost to thick.  When changing the boosters does pulling it out to dispose of it degrade the diaper at all?  I know pads and boosters have adhesive on the bottom of them to stick them in place.  Can you get away changing multiple boosters a day?

My thought on the matter and I will start by saying I mean no offence to anyone here.  Mark, you mentioned in another post that you are 10 weeks into your 24/7 wearing.  It appears that your goal is incontinence and needing 24/7 diapers, as is the goal of a lot of people posting in this particular forum.  Personally, I would not want to ever go 24/7, but once someone makes that personal decision, they either change their minds or go forwards with it.  Over the next 40+ years of your life, you will be in diapers 24/7 and my gut feeling is you need to go all in and get used to all the possible situations right away once you have made that decision and just deal with it.  Basically, Shit or get off the pot, as the old saying goes.  What I mean by that is, if you are going to worry about a coworker discovering you wear diapers because you need to somehow change during the day and work too closely with him to discreetly get away for a few minutes, what are you going to do the rest of your life whenever you have to be around someone for the better part of the day?  Will you worry every day for the rest of your life that someone may find out you wear diapers?  It may be time for you to just come clean to everyone and anyone that you wear diapers and need to change and carry supplies with you.  I don't mean you have to call a press conference to announce o everyone you now wear diapers, but just go about your life and do what you have to do.  If anyone should notice, ask or you have to tell them, just say you have a  medical issue with incontinence, you wear protective briefs that you need to change now and then.  Enough said.  Do it now, get everyone used to that fact and soon everyone will be aware and you will no longer go through life worrying someone will find out or how to handle the situations in the future.  Again, no offence but if you agonize over every possible chance someone like a coworker or anyone else might discover you are wearing diapers, maybe you should rethink permanent 24/7 diapers.  To me the big difference here is not that you are someone who is medically incontinent due to an accident, birth defect or other medical situation and has no choice in the matter.  You have personally made a choice to go 24/7 in diapers.

I wear diapers to work and I change them there as well. The diapers I wear are not very thick I wear Attends regular medium and I need at least one change sometimes two. I have a locker in which I keep my personal belongings and this includes my diapers. If I need a fresh diaper I take one out of my locker go in to the toilet and take care of business. Further I shake lose the inner material of the diaper and flush it through the toilet, that way I do not have to dispose the absorbent material of the diaper only the outer material remains to dispose of. The outer material can then be compressed into a small ball and disposed of. I simply roll it into some paper towel end toss it in the waste bin. Job done.

• Like 1

Not much personal experience with boosters here but for me they stay in place without adhesives :) You might just expose part of the tape. It's something you'd have to try for yourself to see if and how it works for you :D

I'd also recommend a more discreet diaper unless you also want to possibly find yourself dealing with possibly explaining the AB and Sissy parts of your wearing on being discovered :( Explaining Incontinence isn't too bad, but no way the rest can be flown under-the-radar, and tolerance or acceptance of those 'extras' may not be forthcoming. My own take on wearing at work is this: My work is what makes everything else in my life possible therefore I must make whatever changes I have to in order to continue working even if I don't want to :rolleyes: Were it possible there are days where I'd wear a dress to work- I can handle what would be said but I'm only half of the situation and the other half can't handle that at all so I'd lose my job if I tried it. I just have t live with that since I cant change it. 

And yes, if you wear diapers in any specific situation then eventually someone will notice. Torn pants. unexpected leaks, crinkling sounds, shirttail pulling up exposing the waistband, something will positively happen eventually and you're not in control of that either. So you prepare for that and have a plan in place to get you through with minimal damage :whistling:  "Yes I'm wearing a diaper because I need to. It's a personal thing which I'm not going to discuss further with you." That should be enough as long as it's clear you're trying to be discreet. I doubt it would be enough to explain AB or Sissy prints (and it wouldn't help with me in a dress either) :lol:  So a lot of it is simply accepting your situation and taking the right approach to get through the rough spots in life. You can wear AB or Sissy diapers everywhere else but doing that at work is not a wise decision IMHO; YMMV.

So I wear diapers- so what? It sure beats going around in visibly wet clothes and I don't really care what others may think of that, but if I can avoid having to deal with the issue I'd rather go that way instead simply because that is the best way for me.

Bettypooh

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

My thought on the matter and I will start by saying I mean no offence to anyone here.  Mark, you mentioned in another post that you are 10 weeks into your 24/7 wearing.  It appears that your goal is incontinence and needing 24/7 diapers, as is the goal of a lot of people posting in this particular forum.  Personally, I would not want to ever go 24/7, but once someone makes that personal decision, they either change their minds or go forwards with it.  Over the next 40+ years of your life, you will be in diapers 24/7 and my gut feeling is you need to go all in and get used to all the possible situations right away once you have made that decision and just deal with it.  Basically, Shit or get off the pot, as the old saying goes.  What I mean by that is, if you are going to worry about a coworker discovering you wear diapers because you need to somehow change during the day and work too closely with him to discreetly get away for a few minutes, what are you going to do the rest of your life whenever you have to be around someone for the better part of the day?  Will you worry every day for the rest of your life that someone may find out you wear diapers?  It may be time for you to just come clean to everyone and anyone that you wear diapers and need to change and carry supplies with you.  I don't mean you have to call a press conference to announce o everyone you now wear diapers, but just go about your life and do what you have to do.  If anyone should notice, ask or you have to tell them, just say you have a  medical issue with incontinence, you wear protective briefs that you need to change now and then.  Enough said.  Do it now, get everyone used to that fact and soon everyone will be aware and you will no longer go through life worrying someone will find out or how to handle the situations in the future.  Again, no offence but if you agonize over every possible chance someone like a coworker or anyone else might discover you are wearing diapers, maybe you should rethink permanent 24/7 diapers.  To me the big difference here is not that you are someone who is medically incontinent due to an accident, birth defect or other medical situation and has no choice in the matter.  You have personally made a choice to go 24/7 in diapers.

I personally agree with you and appreciate your advice.  The only thing I am agnozing over is that everyone is telling me to NOT tell work.  Everyone, including my wife thinks I should try and be discreet and hide that I wear diapers but I am just ready to not have to worry about it anymore.  I have a very good job and I think some feel it could be jeopardized because I wear diapers.  I do not agree.  I do not want people to ask me anymore why am I going to the bathroom with a backpack or why is my suitcase so big for a three day trip.  

I would never take offense to your opinion as I would hope you would not take offense to mine.  I try and help everyone on this forum as much as possible and sometimes I need advice myself. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Not much personal experience with boosters here but for me they stay in place without adhesives :) You might just expose part of the tape. It's something you'd have to try for yourself to see if and how it works for you :D

I'd also recommend a more discreet diaper unless you also want to possibly find yourself dealing with possibly explaining the AB and Sissy parts of your wearing on being discovered :( Explaining Incontinence isn't too bad, but no way the rest can be flown under-the-radar, and tolerance or acceptance of those 'extras' may not be forthcoming. My own take on wearing at work is this: My work is what makes everything else in my life possible therefore I must make whatever changes I have to in order to continue working even if I don't want to :rolleyes: Were it possible there are days where I'd wear a dress to work- I can handle what would be said but I'm only half of the situation and the other half can't handle that at all so I'd lose my job if I tried it. I just have t live with that since I cant change it. 

And yes, if you wear diapers in any specific situation then eventually someone will notice. Torn pants. unexpected leaks, crinkling sounds, shirttail pulling up exposing the waistband, something will positively happen eventually and you're not in control of that either. So you prepare for that and have a plan in place to get you through with minimal damage :whistling:  "Yes I'm wearing a diaper because I need to. It's a personal thing which I'm not going to discuss further with you." That should be enough as long as it's clear you're trying to be discreet. I doubt it would be enough to explain AB or Sissy prints (and it wouldn't help with me in a dress either) :lol:  So a lot of it is simply accepting your situation and taking the right approach to get through the rough spots in life. You can wear AB or Sissy diapers everywhere else but doing that at work is not a wise decision IMHO; YMMV.

So I wear diapers- so what? It sure beats going around in visibly wet clothes and I don't really care what others may think of that, but if I can avoid having to deal with the issue I'd rather go that way instead simply because that is the best way for me.

Bettypooh

I agree with you about the white diapers but mentally I am finding it almost impossible to not wear pink diapers.  I feel if I am not wearing my pink diapers I miss being in touch with my sissy side to much.

I have worn pink diapers to work since pink adult disposable diapers first were sold by DC Amor in 2013.  Of course I did not wear fulltime then.  I also believe that there is no way my pink diaper could ever be exposed.  I always wear a onesie.  I always wear white diaper fitting pants.  So it is impoosible to be exposed by binding over.  As far as a hole in the pants it would have to get through a ton of layers lol.  Leaking can happen and be noticed but that does not expose a pink diaper.  So that leaves changes and that is where you can not hide a pink diaper if you are in a multiple stalled restroom.  

On 12/9/2017 at 1:09 AM, SunOfSheep said:

Awww yes the to change or not to change.

I often wear a ABU preschool to work, with a booster and keep a diaper change in my backpack, just incase. Im normally fine with staying and rarely change at work when i do i change in the normal bathroom in the stall, its a little unsettling and all but ive done it for over a year so far with no one asking anything. Its just geting comfy with your diapers and being able to change when needed.

I think Sunofsheep has the right answer here. Relax and no one will know what you're involved with. Get comfy

7 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

I personally agree with you and appreciate your advice.  The only thing I am agnozing over is that everyone is telling me to NOT tell work.  Everyone, including my wife thinks I should try and be discreet and hide that I wear diapers but I am just ready to not have to worry about it anymore.  I have a very good job and I think some feel it could be jeopardized because I wear diapers.  I do not agree.  I do not want people to ask me anymore why am I going to the bathroom with a backpack or why is my suitcase so big for a three day trip.  

I would never take offense to your opinion as I would hope you would not take offense to mine.  I try and help everyone on this forum as much as possible and sometimes I need advice myself. 

I agree with your wife and others about telling people at work.  I don't believe you should just out and out tell anyone, but if they say something to you, then fess up in a way similar to what Bettypooh said.  You have a medical need, you don't need to discuss it any further.  I don't believe you even need to tell your boss or human resources either.  Workers with disabilities and harassment by coworkers is against the law.  It's possible word may get around at work and your boss or human resources manager may ask you about it, but I have never heard of any employment where you must tell your boss that you wear diapers unless doing so could be a hazard to your health, coworkers or place of employment.  It is a touchy situation as an employer can't fire you over something like needing to wear diapers, but they can always trump (hate that word) up other reasons.  My advice was for you to get used to it early and not look over your shoulder about it for the rest of your life worrying who will notice and what you will do about it.  Work can be a touchy situation, but there are laws protecting you, including lifestyle choices.  The thing is, do you want to out yourself as an AB lifestyle at work.  I wouldn't.  If you claim medical issue, will they check into your claims and find out differently?  A real conundrum!  I hope you find an answer, but I feel hiding it (such as wearing boosters and going all day without changing) will eventually not work and as Bettypooh said, "If you wear diapers in any specific situation then eventually someone will notice. Torn pants. unexpected leaks, crinkling sounds, shirttail pulling up exposing the waistband, something will positively happen eventually and you're not in control of that either. So you prepare for that and have a plan in place to get you through with minimal damage :whistling:  "Yes I'm wearing a diaper because I need to. It's a personal thing which I'm not going to discuss further with you." That should be enough as long as it's clear you're trying to be discreet.  A lot of it is simply accepting your situation and taking the right approach to get through the rough spots in life".  My thoughts are, if you are a good worker, know your job well and are above average, you are an asset to your company.  Would they really give a crap that you wear diapers if you do a great job?

Just to make it clear I'm not into hypocrisy, my Molis are purple and the Tenas I wore previously were white, but both have thick noisy plastic backing because I want that :D There are more discreet cloth-like backed diapers which would work for me. but I don't want them so I can understand the pink :) My planned "excuse" for the plastic is that the others don't have the capacity I need and that could work for you as well B) I still feel that keeping quiet about wearing is the best approach- you can still go to HR when the car gets out of the bag- since there's not really anything to gain by speaking out before then. If someone has already noticed something and they've already spoken to others about that then the word is out there already; they're just keeping you out of that conversation to avoid problems or hurt feelings which is not a bad thing. Being more open can't improve on that. If nobody has spoken there again you can't improve on that. You need to know that your telling everyone is a purely selfish move which might not go as well as you think it will.  While it will ;lessen your worries it also opens the door to the discussion becoming more widespread since there is no secret anymore and it will probably lead to you getting all those who know already asking you for more details and not always with your best interests at heart :o If that becomes a company-wide problem then they might find a reason to fire you as their best method of ending the problem which they could easily perceive as one which you intentionally caused  :crybaby:If even after understanding this you still want to unburden yourself then limit that to HR as they are the only ones other than you with a vested interest here <_< After that you can deal with it on a person-by-person basis if and when the issue arises, and you can tailor those responses to the individual based on what you know and expect of them. That way also gives you the weight of telling them that the company already knows which implies that they had better deal with it professionally or it may go bad for them instead of you :whistling: 

I know that most or all of the people I work with and for know I'm wearing- I've seen them focus on my diaper area with their eyes after I crinkled as I've leaked very visibly few times (unbeknownst to me). I know how these people think and act and I'm certain they've talked about it among themselves. But because I clearly aim for discretion they keep that away from me to avoid hurting my feelings. And the one or two who might want to have fun with this have certainly been told to keep their mouth shut or else :angry: So for me my method works perfectly because it's based on them, not me. I know I wear diapers and I like that, and I know that I will never stop no matter what is said about it. I'm ready for anything- they can't hurt me :boxing:

The best plan is always the one which has the most options along the way so that you can adapt to whatever may happen and still succeed. Wearing diapers is indeed a personal thing and those things are best kept out of the workplace rumor mill. Do what you must but know what you're doing and what the possible outcomes may be. Wear pink if you have to and I'll crinkle because I have to :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Well said Bettypooh.

Also if someone wants to fire you, they will find a way, but I doubt it will be because of diapers, there are safer ways to fire people.

Also if someone wants to fire you, being outed as wearing diapers is the least of your concerncs ;)

Generally people on your side will stay there, and make you as comfortable as possible wearing diapers, others that are in conflict with you might not - which, again, has nothing to do with diapers.

My job is VERY secure.  I am one of the best at what I do.  The question is would my boss or customers feel the same way if they knew I wear diapers?  I honestly do not know.  I am very secure wearing diapers.  If I was not I certainly would not wear them around my children or family members.  I just would never want my professional reputation to somehow be tarnished because my diapers were let out of the bag so to speak. 

Obviously chosing to unpotty train myself means that I have to accept that I need diapers and I have no choice in the matter.  I am committed to it and it is what I have always wanted.  With that said it is not always an easy choice. 

Bettypooh-I respect everything you said just as I respected Rusty Pins advice.  I know not all of us share the same feelings or opinions but we all share a common love for diapers or we would not be on this forum.  For some of us this forum is the only support we have.  I am lucky and I am blessed with an understanding wife.  If not for her all I would have is you guys.  I try to pour all of my experiences and trials and tribulations of wearing diapers into this forum in hopes that I will help someone who is in need of advice or support.

It does not matter if we like pink diapers, or crinkly diapers, wearing diapers 24/7, or just wearing them when the mood feels right. What matters is that we love our diapers and it's not fair to us for anything to interfere with that.

Let me ask you something.  If you had a best friend for years and years, or your insurance agent or doctor were both super professional at their jobs and did great work, what would you think of them if suddenly they became incontinent for whatever reason and now they have to wear diapers?  Would you respect them less because of it?  Would you change  your doctors or insurance agent for someone else just because you found out they wear diapers?  Would you end your friendship with your best friend because now he or she wears diapers?  They are still the same person they always have been.  The same best friend with the same personality.  The same great doctor who has always treated you for illness and given you proper care and advice.  You go to these people because of the great job they do and your confidence in the fact they know what they are doing and have treated you right.  What has that got to do with the underwear they wear?  So what if they wear diapers?  They are still the same person they have always been.  Lets take it a step further.  What if your doctor was Gay and you didn't know it?  What if your doctor goes out to strip clubs and hires a dominatrix for kinky sex?  What if your doctor has a butt plug up his butt all day for his own sexual pleasure?  If he had to check your prostate or make you turn your head and cough, would he do it in the same professional way he has always done it, or would you think because of what you may have found out about him that he's doing it for his own special turn on?  I may be going to extreams, but you have no idea what personal issues or kinks people have that you interact with on a regular basis.  You respect people for who they are and the great job they do.  I doubt anyone but the worst bigoted Archie Bunker would treat or respect you any different if they knew you wore diapers.  Diapers don't define the man.  Just like someone who has to wear glasses or use a cane or a hearing aid.  I wouldn't respect them any less because part of their body doesn't work like it used to.  Anyone here going to say that Steven Hawking in not a guy who knows his stuff and is well respected all around the world in spite of his medical condition?

17 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

17 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

My job is VERY secure.  I am one of the best at what I do.  The question is would my boss or customers feel the same way if they knew I wear diapers?  I honestly do not know.  I am very secure wearing diapers.  If I was not I certainly would not wear them around my children or family members.  I just would never want my professional reputation to somehow be tarnished because my diapers were let out of the bag so to speak. 

Obviously chosing to unpotty train myself means that I have to accept that I need diapers and I have no choice in the matter.  I am committed to it and it is what I have always wanted.  With that said it is not always an easy choice. 

I've just been wondering if your are over thinking things and the feelings you are having about your boss and customer's respecting you if they knew you wear diapers is due to your mindset on why you wear.  What I mean is, in your mind you know the reason that you wear diapers is because you love it and have made a personal choice to make yourself incontinent so you would have no choice but to be diapered all the time.  Someone else knowing that is the actual reason would most likely think you are a nut case for doing that to yourself and would look down at you in disdain, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THE REAL REASON YOU WEAR DIAPERS!   Step back for a moment.  Remember, only you and your wife know the reason you wear diapers is because you made a personal choice to give up your control and make yourself incontinent for your own desires.  KEEP IN MIND, NO ONE ELSE KNOWS THIS!  Even if they find out you wear diapers, they will be more sympathetic if anything that you have this medical issue.  To everyday people, they will just believe you have a medical reason for wearing diapers and that is that.  There is enough information on the TV and in the news about bladder issues and incontinence that it's not that big a deal anymore.  I can't see your reputation being tarnished if your diapers were let out of the bag so to speak, because ONLY YOU KNOW THE REAL REASON THAT YOU CHOOSE TO WEAR THEM!  Everyone else will believe you need them for medical reasons just like thousands of other people.  Don't overthink this too much.

• Like 2

This is the ONLY reason I'm not 24/7 I would hate to be called out at work for it. I have worn at work but it's hard to change when you need to carry a backpack in the bathroom or smelling like pee. Untill I fully need them and no turning back I guess I would swallow my pride and just do it. I guess I still have a slight fear about coworkers finding out.

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I've just been wondering if your are over thinking things and the feelings you are having about your boss and customer's respecting you if they knew you wear diapers is due to your mindset on why you wear.  What I mean is, in your mind you know the reason that you wear diapers is because you love it and have made a personal choice to make yourself incontinent so you would have no choice but to be diapered all the time.  Someone else knowing that is the actual reason would most likely think you are a nut case for doing that to yourself and would look down at you in disdain, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THE REAL REASON YOU WEAR DIAPERS!   Step back for a moment.  Remember, only you and your wife know the reason you wear diapers is because you made a personal choice to give up your control and make yourself incontinent for your own desires.  KEEP IN MIND, NO ONE ELSE KNOWS THIS!  Even if they find out you wear diapers, they will be more sympathetic if anything that you have this medical issue.  To everyday people, they will just believe you have a medical reason for wearing diapers and that is that.  There is enough information on the TV and in the news about bladder issues and incontinence that it's not that big a deal anymore.  I can't see your reputation being tarnished if your diapers were let out of the bag so to speak, because ONLY YOU KNOW THE REAL REASON THAT YOU CHOOSE TO WEAR THEM!  Everyone else will believe you need them for medical reasons just like thousands of other people.  Don't overthink this too much.

Very good advice as usual.  My wife and I had a long discussion about it and we both agree that I should change whenever it is needed regardless of the situation.  Co-workers and people around me will be informed on a case by case basis that I have issues with incontinence and need to wear and change my protection.  For now I am comfortable wearing any diaper I choose and if I need to change at lunch in a private one stall bathroom I will find one and do so.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I couldn't agree more very well put.

11 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

Very good advice as usual.  My wife and I had a long discussion about it and we both agree that I should change whenever it is needed regardless of the situation.  Co-workers and people around me will be informed on a case by case basis that I have issues with incontinence and need to wear and change my protection.  For now I am comfortable wearing any diaper I choose and if I need to change at lunch in a private one stall bathroom I will find one and do so.

I think you've answered your own question, and this seems like a good approach. It's my plan too since 'case-by-case' lets you tailor the response to the individual ;) I work with some stupid people, some smart people, some understanding people, and some cads- pretty much the norm for most of us :rolleyes: I've thought it through for each person already as well as what I'd say to strangers. That preparedness brings peace because I now know I can handle this :D And it does help when you're really good at what you do at work. But there are no guarantees in life!

When I came out as TG with an old friend I was working for, the end result was that I got fired. This even though we agreed that I;d keep it off the job and that I'd quit when it was time for me to fully transition so that his company would not be affected in any way. And this after me essentially doubling his income  through my knowledge and hard work. I was second in command and business was booming B) In short order I found myself pushed to the bottom of the barrel (which I accepted without a word for all I wanted was a secure job) and then just before Christmas I was fired for BS reasons, but I knew that the truth was he had concealed his true feelings about me and he was too gutless to be honest about it all :badmood:

Since then I've kept all my personal stuff as far distanced from my work as I can. No matter what you think might happen you could be wrong. You can't control others and what they might say or do. You can however cause yourself unneeded problems by doing or saying something which is unnecessary so the best approach is to not act until you really need to, and then only with what is minimally necessary. You will learn to live with holding it in over time even if it does hurt. Better that you carry the burden quietly than shoot yourself in the foot :angel_not:

Best Wishes and we're out here cheering you on :girl_happy:

Bettypooh