• I don't watch no cartoons
    • Sesame street/blue's clues and things like that
  2. 2. Why?

• Goofy humor
    • Brings back good memories
    • Goes with my AB/little side
    • Wasn't able to watch them as a kid
    • Something else

I always liked to watch the Bugs Bunny and Loony Toons made from the 40's through the 60's era.  Good humor, great animation ( not like now days) and even some adult humor.  Saturday mornings were kids cartoon times.  Those days are long gone.  Even when they do show Loony Toons they often edit them as somewhere in the 1980's they were though to be too violent and a bad influence on kids. Like your average 8 year old is going to get a box of Dynamite and blow up the coyotes in the area.  This is the trend now days.  Instead of teaching your kid what to do and what not to do, what is real and what is fake, they ban something instead or make a parent do something like outlet covers so their kid doesn't stick their fingers in the socket.  Don't be a responsible parent and explain to your kids that these are just cartoons and fake and no one gets hurt like they would in real life.  Just ban them or edit them so a kid can't blow up his friend next door with a load of TNT!

In the 1960's there was a kids show in Chicago called Garfield Goose.  Look it up.  They showed lots of old cartoons.  Clutch Cargo, Sinbad Junior, Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound.  Those were great!  Each holiday season they would show short clips like Hardrock Coco and Joe, Suzy Snowflake and Frosty The Snowman.  These were probably 2 minute cartoons but we all looked forwards to seeing them every year.  Now with YouTube you can see them anytime you want.  When Scooby Doo came out in 1969, that was the best!  I was getting pissed that new cartoons were so stupid and dumb and then along came Scooby Doo to save the day!  Later they got dumb with Scrappy Doo and Scooby Dum, but those first 2 seasons were great! 

Oh my goshers, what a loaded question. I'm an enormous fan of cartoons so this question needs some qualifiers, like "what's your favorite cartoon as a kid/as an adult/that you watched as a kid but like more as an adult/as an AB/etc." so I'm going to do my best to limit it down to my favorite preschool-age cartoon, my favorite kids-age cartoon, and my favorite adult-age cartoon: Sofia the First, Gravity Falls, and South Park.

Well, I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s, and it was almost the law. You had to watch, Saturday morning TV! I went a bit beyond that too. I got as much of TV cartoons as I could. As well as some other stuff, Davy and Goliath, Gumby and Pokey, Sid and Marty Krofft, just to name a few. I did cartoons just about 7 Days a week. I learned a lot from them, don’t know if it was all good learning, but I learned it. So, “what’s up Doc”? 

1 hour ago, minachan16 said:

Oh my goshers, what a loaded question. I'm an enormous fan of cartoons so this question needs some qualifiers, like "what's your favorite cartoon as a kid/as an adult/that you watched as a kid but like more as an adult/as an AB/etc." so I'm going to do my best to limit it down to my favorite preschool-age cartoon, my favorite kids-age cartoon, and my favorite adult-age cartoon: Sofia the First, Gravity Falls, and South Park.

Sorry about the loaded question.  To clear things up, I meant what is your favorate cartoon(s) currently.  It could be something you watched as a kid, or just someting you enjoy now as a little/AB

Looney tunes is still as awesome today as It was back then I can't watch without busting a gut. The original Nicktoon line up Rugrats,Doug,Ren and stimpy take me back to a better Time and place....these day Adveture time and Steven universe are top contenders

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TV2fOHsNfwA

3 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Sorry about the loaded question.  To clear things up, I meant what is your favorate cartoon(s) currently.  It could be something you watched as a kid, or just someting you enjoy now as a little/AB

Oh, well, if you mean "what's your favorite cartoon you're currently watching", it's Miraculous Ladybug :D

I don't know if this thread is distinguishing between cartoons and animation, but I grew up loving the Gummy Bears and own the entire two series sets on DVD. I also LOVE Barbie, but my collection lacks the latest two of the 36 DVDs. (I almost got one of the ones I am missing a few days ago, but there was a Miley Cyrus movie (LOL) in stock so...

As to why... Barbie is filled with such human stories. Gummy Bears is just plain fun.

5 minutes ago, dlsafrica said:

I don't know if this thread is distinguishing between cartoons and animation

Not really since the two overlap a lot.

7 minutes ago, dlsafrica said:

also LOVE Barbie, but my collection lacks the latest two of the 36 DVDs. (I

Wow.  How many episodes is that?

2 hours ago, minachan16 said:

Oh, well, if you mean "what's your favorite cartoon you're currently watching", it's Miraculous Ladybug :D

What's that about?

3 hours ago, Drownedinp said:

My favorite and still is Yosamite Sam! Because Ooohh I hates that Rabbit! That and that mustache.

Is that the hunter guy from looney toons?  He is so hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

What's that about?

A girl in Paris named Marinette who transforms into the superhero Miraculous Ladybug and fights evil with the help of another superhero named Cat Noir, who is really her crush Adrien in disguise, but neither knows the other's alter ego. It's like Sailor Moon but much less annoying and some of the most amazing storyboarding I've ever seen for a cartoon.

2 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Not really since the two overlap a lot.

Wow.  How many episodes is that?

What's that about?

There were two one was Elmer Fudd, he was the bald guy that used to hunt Bugs Bunny. His catch phrase was "Be Vewy, Vewy Quiet we a hunting Rabbits. Ha hs, ha ha. Yosemite Sam was a cowboy looking guy, was mostly Mustache him and Bugs Bunny used to fight all the time much like Daffy Duck did. 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, Firefly 35 said:

No.  Yosemity Sam is the short guy with the red hair and big mustache who often has 2 pistols in holsters on his belt.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosemite_Sam   I think your thinking of the hunter Elmer Fudd.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Fudd