LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not sure what's causing this

So, the last time I remember having a genuine daytime accident was when I was in 2nd grade of elementary school (7-8 years old). My last bedwetting accident was around that time as well - until this year, that is (I'm now 21). I moved to Japan at the beginning of this year, but the two years before that I would be home alone a lot, quite often 2-3 weeks at a time, and I would wear diapers all the time during day and night for fun whenever I was alone. Anyway, since I got here around 8 months ago, I've had an extremely hard time holding at all.

Whenever I need to pee, I literally have to run to the toilet (that or do the awkward "I need to pee so bad" walk) or I will pee myself. It's happened a few times in the house that I just simply haven't made it to the toilet in time and had an accident. I've also wet myself outside twice now - lucky thing for me is I was wearing a dress and it was dark out both times. I need to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet. The last thing that happened to me was about a week ago; I'd had an exceptionally tough day at university, so I slept like a log. I woke up sometime between 4-5am in the middle of wetting my bed. 

I haven't been to the doctor because my Japanese is not yet good enough to handle this kind of difficult medical talk, and believe me when I say Japanese  people don't usually speak english even on a basic level. I will try to get an appointment when I return home in about 4 months. Anyway, I don't know what to do for now or what's causing this. Any suggestions? Anyone else experience anything like this? And could me wearing diapers so much during the past two years have weakened my bladder?     

It could be a number of things, including a UTI. UTIs can become an issue when left untreated, and can lead to scarring which causes more incontinence later on. I don't know where in Japan you live, but I found this after a cursory search: http://expatsguide.jp/health-safety/medical-care/hospitals-clinics-tokyo/ It seems as there are a number of hospitals in the Tokyo area that are well versed in multiple languages and will be able to help you find a physician who speaks english in your specialty. You'd want to see an internal medicine doctor and a urologist. 

I'm an ER nurse so i have a lot of medical knowledge. Hit up my messenger if you have any other questions.

-piper

• Like 1
1 hour ago, abdlRP said:

So, the last time I remember having a genuine daytime accident was when I was in 2nd grade of elementary school (7-8 years old). My last bedwetting accident was around that time as well - until this year, that is (I'm now 21). I moved to Japan at the beginning of this year, but the two years before that I would be home alone a lot, quite often 2-3 weeks at a time, and I would wear diapers all the time during day and night for fun whenever I was alone. Anyway, since I got here around 8 months ago, I've had an extremely hard time holding at all.

Whenever I need to pee, I literally have to run to the toilet (that or do the awkward "I need to pee so bad" walk) or I will pee myself. It's happened a few times in the house that I just simply haven't made it to the toilet in time and had an accident. I've also wet myself outside twice now - lucky thing for me is I was wearing a dress and it was dark out both times. I need to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet. The last thing that happened to me was about a week ago; I'd had an exceptionally tough day at university, so I slept like a log. I woke up sometime between 4-5am in the middle of wetting my bed. 

I haven't been to the doctor because my Japanese is not yet good enough to handle this kind of difficult medical talk, and believe me when I say Japanese  people don't usually speak english even on a basic level. I will try to get an appointment when I return home in about 4 months. Anyway, I don't know what to do for now or what's causing this. Any suggestions? Anyone else experience anything like this? And could me wearing diapers so much during the past two years have weakened my bladder?     

The symptoms you describe were very similar to mine when I became incontinent. My incontinene is caused by diabetic neuropathy. I don't fee the need to go to the toilet until it is too late.

14 minutes ago, stevewet said:

The symptoms you describe were very similar to mine when I became incontinent. My incontinene is caused by diabetic neuropathy. I don't fee the need to go to the toilet until it is too late.

Oh, really? Yeah, I don’t usually feel like I need to go, and then suddenly I’ll need to rush so I won’t pee myself. It’s really stressful during the day when I’m at the university. 

Thanks for the reply by the way :)

While I am on the other end of the age spectrum from you, I can say that when I started having issues, after wetting in public a couple times, I decided it was far better to wear protection than to make such a public spectacle. 

Of course at same time, I saw a doctor who helped me sort out the issues behind this sudden change, but at same time supported my decision to use protection at least until I was back on a normal tract. 

Still today, when I am traveling any distance, I wear protection just in case.

Granted it may be easier at my age to accept this change of underwear, but it  adds much peace of mind to know that if you do have an accident for whatever reason, if you are wearing your protection, it is a much more private affair and that to me should overcome any reluctance on your part to use some sort of protective product.

Incontinence is often a symptom of something else, so you do need to get medical assistance ;) But don't worry  til you need to- what you describe in known to happen in young adults under stress who aren't getting enough sleep. School can definitely put you there :whistling: If that's the cause then it normally clears itself up PDQ once you start getting enough rest. Just for some peace of mind, I'd recommend you at least use pads til you get this resolved- they are quite discreet and an extra conceals easily in almost any purse. At home heavier protection might be necessary. Do see a Doctor anyway- that's important- and you'll find a way to work through any language barriers together. They want you healthy too :)

Bettypooh