LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

PeekABU 6250ml

SO i get this email from  abuniverse that  PeekABU uses a new absorbency technology that allows the diaper to be 10% Lighter, 20% Thinner and Absorb 25% More (6250ml) than our Premium diaper line: LittlePawz, Space, and ABU Simple.

So if you start thinking about how much 6250ml of pee/water weight

so 6250ml comes out to 6.25 liter and 1 liter of water weight 2.20Lbs

so 2.20 times 6.25

13.75Lbs Is a lot of weigh for the tapes to hold up on the hips.

i am sure it just a marketing to get people to pay more but its just a thought.

I'm glad we're all calling it "duck tape" I was erroneously told as a child that's wrong and it's "duct tape" but iirc "duck tape" is the original name as it was used for waterproofing. Notably waterproofing ammo boxes for the navy. "Duct tape" is arguably also correct but I err towards "duck".

Um… sorry for the off topic. 

Back on topic, I agree that there's no way you'd ever need a diaper that could hold that much… although… higher max capacity seems to also equate to higher comfortable capacity. Also higher leak-less capacity. My SO who is incontinent often uses the Rearz diapers for night and very long (10+ hour) car trips. She never reaches full capacity but stays comfortable much longer than something with a lower maximum capacity. 

31 minutes ago, gah!ghost said:

I'm glad we're all calling it "duck tape" I was erroneously told as a child that's wrong and it's "duct tape" but iirc "duck tape" is the original name as it was used for waterproofing. Notably waterproofing ammo boxes for the navy. "Duct tape" is arguably also correct but I err towards "duck"

The tape was also called "60 mile an hour tape" (at the time 60  mph was quite fast as far as land vehicles went and just about the top end for most cares

You recall correctly. "Duct tape" is an example of the "catsup phenomenon" where, in order to sound correct, "ketchup" became "catsup", when, in fact, the word is in an Asian language and is, indeed "ketchup", of which there are several kinds. YouTube up the Townsends channel and look for "mushroom ketchup"

I think it would be impossible to leak because you would start smelling like piss before you could fill it to its capacity. I think they would be great use for work or trips and you only may need to change once a day. Change when you get up and put a clean one on when the day ends or put a clean one on the next day if you want your whole bed to smell like piss. Not worth the money IMO because I don't pee that much. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, technomonkey said:

SO i get this email from  abuniverse that  PeekABU uses a new absorbency technology that allows the diaper to be 10% Lighter, 20% Thinner and Absorb 25% More (6250ml) than our Premium diaper line: LittlePawz, Space, and ABU Simple.

so 2.20 times 6.25

Keep in mind that pee and regular water have different absorbsion properties.  Water will make the diaper swell more, but as far as mass goes, they are about the same.  So, the 6250 mL capacity would depend on what ABU used to test their diapers with.

35 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

Keep in mind that pee and regular water have different absorbsion properties.  Water will make the diaper swell more, but as far as mass goes, they are about the same.  So, the 6250 mL capacity would depend on what ABU used to test their diapers with.

I'm sure it was water. In the video they posted, it looked like water with blue coloring. 

17 hours ago, technomonkey said:

so 2.20 times 6.25

I have a home gym and often work out with a full or near full diaper. Almost always a SDK or Kiddo with a I think 4000ml capacity. Usually end up on the scale at the end. For shits a giggles I sometimes do a with and without diaper measurement. Usually a 2-4 pound difference. I'm sure PeakABU will hold more, but I doubt it will get anywhere close to 13 pounds in the real world. 

I almost exclusively wear the abu simple line of diapers, which are rated at 5000 ml I think? They weigh about half a pound dry and just over five pounds fully used if I push it to the limits. 

Assuming the new diaper is 20% more absorbent than the simple that equates so about a six pound diaper fully used?

I don't understand the reasoning for producing such a high capacity diaper. I mean for me to max out an ABU Simple I need to do multiple wetting lying on my back and pointing my little companion down, otherwise the diaper starts to leak. Not worth the hassle. 

Don't get me wrong I love the design and will be ordering but I'll never use them to capacity. Looking forward to them and thanks ABU, you did it again. 

5 hours ago, DL4LIFE said:

I don't understand the reasoning for producing such a high capacity diaper. I mean for me to max out an ABU Simple I need to do multiple wetting lying on my back and pointing my little companion down, otherwise the diaper starts to leak. Not worth the hassle. 

Don't get me wrong I love the design and will be ordering but I'll never use them to capacity. Looking forward to them and thanks ABU, you did it again. 

Probably for bragging rights and because some people like the swell factor.

Agreed that the capacity is likely to end up as mostly a bragging right; rather than actual used capacity.

Like Ghost said; higher theoretical capacity = higher realistic capacity.

Full capacity = using the whole diaper from front to back; which is kinda hard as there is pretty much always gonna be a part of the diaper not used in the front or back

And for any of us with time restraints that may also effect how much of the stated capacity is actually realistic and guide us to use specific diapers.