LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

PeekABU from ABU

Who says you can't have two bags of open diapers? You can bet I'll be trying them out as soon as they get here and I'm due for a change. 
"Due for a change" - ha! :)

We normally have everything we've bought open. Sometimes it'll be a pull-up and other times a full on Abu diaper. Half the fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a case of these. The Larges fit very similar to Medium Dry 24/7s, and from what I've been able to tell so far their performance is similar as well. They are soft and comfortable, and the refastenable tapes with landing zone are a nice touch. I do find myself wishing the plastic shell was of a heavier gauge, because these dips to tend to sag as they approach capacity and a heavier shell, like the Drys have, would stretch less as weight is applied to it.

So, all in all, they're pretty close to a Dry 24/7, just with a cute design... but at practically double the price. Will I order more in the future? Probably. But these aren't going to be something I wear every day.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I finally got around to trying some ABU diapers. Got a mixed half case of PeekABUs, Little Pawz, Dino Rawrz, and cloth-backed Preschools. I've tried all except the Dinos (gonna wear one to bed tonight) and I thought the Little Pawz would be my fave because of the design, but I think the PeekABUs win. The front panels are too adorable (how cute is that giraffe?), and there's just something I love about an all white diaper. They do seem to be cut a tad small (all the ABUs do, compared to the other brands I've used) and being on the chunky side they are a bit tight, but the tapes held great. No popping off as I had feared. Wore one from 5pm last night to 7am today with no leaks and even a couple inches of dry padding at the front and back. Now I'm trying a Preschool, I think it will be a bit of a letdown after that awesomeness.

• 1 year later...

So apparently size XL+ PeekABU is a thing: https://us.abuniverse.com/product/pab/

Has anyone actually seen it in person though?
I will be trying to get my hands (and tape measure) on one. 

ABUs sizing is quite incoherent, which I will be further elaborating here, but just for overview:

S S/M M L XL XL+ Absorbency [ml]
  [in]  
Simple Ultra     31-36 37-42 43-48   6250
PeekABU     31-36 37-42 43-46 43-46 6250
Space 22-29   31-36 37-44 45-52   5000
Little Pawz 22-29 25-31 31-36 37-44 45-52   5000
Simple 22-29   31-36 37-44 45-52   5000
BareBum     27-35 36-43 44-49   3500
PreSchool Cloth 21-29   30-36 37-42 43-49   3500
PreSchool Cloth 21-29   30-36 37-42 43-49   3500
Cushies 22-29   30-36 37-42 43-48   4500
Super Dry Kids 22-29   30-36 37-42 43-48   4500
Kiddo 21-29   30-36 37-42 43-49   4500
DinoRarwZ     26-34 35-41 42-48   5500
BunnyHops 2T     26-34 35-41 42-48   5500
BunnyHops 4T     26-34 35-41 42-48   5500

So there are two different (three if I count S/M as small) small sizes, four mediums, five larges, six extra larges and one extra large plus, and when it appears there's a group of models that are similar in medium or large, they differ in other sizes (if they even exist) or absorbencies or something else.

Is there a system, or is it just an assortment of random arbitrary decisions?

Then there are the actual numbers. I'll take Large (my usual size) as an example. Average ABU large diaper is in the vicinity of 40 inches, or 100 centimeters (with the exception of hook-and-loop ABU diapers which are, for some reason, even smaller). 

For medical diapers like Northshore Megamax Large or Abena L4, 100 cm is the low end, not its median.

ABU's idea of how large should a Large diaper be seems very different from other brands, including ABU.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, DiapersOfTheStorm said:

So apparently size XL+ PeekABU is a thing: https://us.abuniverse.com/product/pab/

Has anyone actually seen it in person though?
I will be trying to get my hands (and tape measure) on one.

I bought a case (1/2 case really).  There is a noticeable size difference.   I'm currently engaged with some weekend work maintenance activities, but when I'm done, I'll see about getting some pictures and measurements.

Had a hell of a time finding something big enough to stretch this bugger out!  Here's the picture and some measurements.  The taping panel has "11" instead of "10" (Go Team Giraffe!)

peakabuxlplus-panel.jpg

And stretched out.  I really hate smartphone cameras - there's way too much lens aberration.  It's actually straight across the bottom on my panel -- but the phone makes it look curved and crooked.  But I didn't feel like getting out the SLR. 

peakabuxlplus.jpg

And here's the critical stats:

Length:  39.5 inches / 101 cm

Width:  32.75 inches / 83 cm

crotch width: 12 inches / 31.5 cm

front wing height: 8 inches / 20 cm

rear wing height: 10 inches / 26 cm

From what I can tell so far, the padding is no different from an XL - it's just slightly longer and wider.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, DiapersOfTheStorm said:

Great work Kat ?

Can't say the same about ABU tho.. doesn't that padding seem, for a diaper of this size, a little inadequate? 

Well, yes and no.  You'd think they'd have expanded it to fit the new dimensions, but from what I saw on the twitter post, this was basically an adjustment to the existing XL.  It's the widest the machine could handle.  But I also suspect I know why this was done - for the furries to be able to wear them on the outsides of their suits.  Compared to their standard line in XL (Simple/Space/Little Paws), the PeakABU/Ultra are significantly narrower.

I do know that I won't be ordering any more and sticking with the normal XL.  Turns out that extra size leads to leaks for me - consistently.  I'll keep 1 bag stashed away at least ... should I ever get a fursuit someday.