LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting vs. AB vs. Incontenece diapers

I think that at least two of those kinds of diapers can be combined since if your wearing diapers for incontinence then your also going to be wearing diapers bedwetting.   Not to mention now that I thought about it there are also some people who are incontinent that also are abs.   Now as for AB diapers vs incontinence diapers that all depends on your choice if your an AB or a DL.   Now as an AB of course I am going to go with AB diapers because I think they look better and some of them can hold more then incontinence diapers.

I would go incontinence nappies. I have tried most AB nappies and they don't feel right, the sap saps all the wetness in the front of the nappy so doesn't distribute to the back of the nappy meaning they leak sooner. I like medical looking nappies anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I was never in bedwetting diapers. By the time I started bedwetting I had worse continence issues so I was just in regular diapers.

I usually buy exclusively AB diapers. I'm a large person with heavy continence issues and quite frankly most normal brands of medical diapers simply don't cut it. ABU LittlePawz is more adapted to my needs as well as being cute.

I have used medical (incontinence) style diapers before; a few are really good products that absorb a lot; those i like, but i typically boost them with old style Goodnites (pullups) or new style Goodnites (Tru-Fit; sort of like a booster) for extra absorbency and thickness.

I dont have anything against them; but AB/DL style diapers just look better as well as absorb better than a lot of the medical grade diapers (best medical/incontinence style ive use was Seni Quatro which i really liked and may order again); my current favorite diaper is Little Pawz which i will definitely reorder in the future as well as more ABUniverse diapers and id like to try Tykables and maybe Rearz as well.

I really don't care how a diaper looks.....as long as it performs well I'll pretty well wear anything.

I do like plain white diapers but I can appreciate just how cute printed diapers are.  I have a few different printed diapers in my collection.

From what I have seen most of the better incontinence diapers have gone down the cloth backed route.  The advent of AB diapers over recent years has seen a huge number of very absorbent plastic backed diapers come onto the market that work much better than many of the most functional incontinence diapers.  The prints I could take or leave personally but I think that as incontinence products many of the ABU ones are outstanding and the cost is similar to higher-end incontinence products (at least where I am from where good incontinence diapers are expensive).  If you are looking for a very effective product without prints, the ABU simple is exceptional!

The pros and cons of different diapers.  I have no problem with the cloth backed disposable diapers, as least as far as wearing them for my purpose.  True the diaper stretches and loosens over a short time due to the cloth like side panels tending to stretch.  I've also had the side panels tear off if they are too thin and you try and streach them too much to get a tight fit.  The plus side is the fact it's easy to reposition the tapes.  The downside is you may have to reposition them many times as they loosen up.  I can see why some people with incontinence like them as they are more discreet than a lot of plastic backed diapers, not as noisy and they feel more like cloth underwear than a plastic diaper that they may remember babies wearing years ago.  Like I said, I have no problem wearing them because I am a DL and get most of my diapers from Goodwill or Thrift stores and cloth backed is mostly what they have.  When out and about a pair of plastic pants work good to prevent damp spots from a wet or soaked diaper.

That said, I think most ABs do prefer plastic backed diapers.  I know if I had a choice as a DL I would prefer plastic backed too.  While the tapes usually can't be repositioned very well, the plastic side panels don't stretch like the cloth backed diapers, therefore you don't have to keep adjusting your diaper for fit like you do with cloth backed.  I also think a proper plastic backed diaper won't tend to wick wetness from inside to outside as much as cloth backed disposables.  Some plastic backed disposables are noisier and russle more under clothing and that may make them seem less discreet for people with incontinence.  That along with the fact that they look and feel like the baby diapers form many years past might be a turn off for some people living with incontinence.  I would rather trust my diaper to do the job and not get my outer clothing wet than worry about a little noise or crinkle, but that's just me.  I typically wear jeans and the other day I was out shopping in a cloth backed disposable with 2 pairs of plastic pants on over it, one very crinckly, and I never heard a sound.  Heavy jeans dampen the sound a lot but thin dress pants or shorts might not.

When I was a kid about 5 to 6 years old, I wet the bed and wore cloth diapers and plastic pants every night to bed.  I don't ever remember leaking and getting the sheets wet.  disposable diapers weren't redily available back in the very early 1960's and from what people say, disposable adult diapers often leak if you are a side sleeper.  I think it depends on how you sleep and how much you wet at night as well as what disposable diaper you choose for sleeping in.  I am not a bedwetter and I never wear diapers to bed (can't fall asleep when wearing a diaper), but if I were a bedwetter, I'd probably use cloth diapers and plastic pants.  I would try different premium disposable diapers to find one that works for the times I have to be out of town at a hotel, but cloth would be cheaper in the long run.

To sum it up.  For me I prefer plastic backed diapers recreationally as I am not incontinent but just wear for fun.  I have no problem using cloth backed diapers as well.  If I was incontinent I'd probably wear a mixture of everything.  Cloth and plastic pants at home, discreet cloth backed disposable diapers when I have to be around a lot of people, premium cloth backed or plastic backed disposables when out for a long time and won't be able to change that often or can't be bothered changing diapers every 2 to 3 hours.  I'd get my enjoyment out of all of them, but probably not any with baby prints.  I do kind of like the idea of black plastic backed disposable adult diapers though!