LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's Your Portable Music Player Set Up/Preferences?

What's your portable music player set up?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Earbuds or headphones

• Earbuds
    • Headphones
  2. 2. Device

• MP3 Player/I-Pod
    • Mobile/Cell Phone
    • CD Player
    • Cassette Player/Walkman
  3. 3. Do you have Bluetooth ear/head phones?

• Yes
    • No

Just a random little poll about your portable music playing preferences:

I'm an audiophile and always have my device with me which is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which I stick all my music on and a pair of Cowin E7 Bluetooth & noise cancelling headphones linked up to them.

Back as a kid in the 90s though, I had a Walkman cassette player that I think was bought from Boots, and until about 5 years ago preferred ear buds over headphones until I decided sticking the things actually in my ear might be less of a good idea than something that just sits over them, maybe that's just irrational though.

Oh and another random fact about me, I hate playlists: I like deciding my self what the next song is I listen to but I digress.

Anyway, enough about me what about you folks?

1. Both, but prefer phones since they isilate and are more comfortable

2. For some reason, the phone keeps losing the mp3's that I put in. As far as I am concerned, the SDXC card has made CD and cassette obsolete

2  for the time being

I voted "ear buds" although I detest earbuds and rarely wear them.   What I do is have the audio streamed via bluetooth into my hearing aids.

I use a mix of things on my iPhone (Pandora, itunes, youtube).

• Like 1

1. I love my headphones.  They're noise cancelling, though perhaps a bit bulky.  I hang them off my handbag handles, so  size isn't an issue.  Durability however is.

2. I usually use an iPod because my phone doesn't have the longest charge.  It's easier to just use a second device and not worry about my cell dying when I really need it to work.

3. Bluetooth sounds neat in practice, but it's another battery to maintain and charge.  My iPod is about 5-6 years old (an old 4s cell phone) so it could be a little fiddly with modern Bluetooth devices.

I used to be all about my ZuneHD, I even used it when out and about even while I had my phone with me, I only had the 16gb version but my portable collection started to increase, Now I have my music on a 32gb sd card in my phone(Galaxy S7), I also use Skullcandy Crushers: https://www.skullcandy.com/headphones/CRUSHER.html which allow you to use a cable with a microphone on it so it can also be used to use your phone to communicate without taking them off your head. Not much for noise cancelling, but I can listen to them loud and have never been told off by a bus driver to turn my music down.

I use earbuds for my Ipod Touch. I like & quite frankly need to have a secondary device separate from my phone for music. (Because I listen to my Music So much). It is very rare when I am not listening to music, especially when out & about. Of course this means that even my Ipod's rechargeable battery loses it's ability to hold it's charge for a long time so this means that this year's Christmas gift to myself will be a New Ipod Touch :)

Rockies Fan.

I've got a couple of 5 year old SanDisk Fuze's. they take SD cards. One of them was connected to my stereo and it's adapter and played every day for about 2-1/2 years. looks like the dog's dinner but still plays like it did when I got it. Can NOT kill those things

I have a lot of old music use Audcity. Get ffmpeg for Audacity, download the vid and open it in Audacity then export as either wav or mp3 to a folder. Use only material that you are reasonably sure is PD and only for yourself (this last was established as OK in the late 1970's with music recorded from over the air broadcasts). If you want, you can go to the folder, open the mp3 or wav in Audacity and process it. Audcity has a huge folder of plugins

I never was one to have to have music playing all the time.  I prefer silence when working, or no music playing.  In the car I rarely listen to music.  On a long drive I would much rather pop in an old radio show from the 1940's and listen to it if I had to listen to something.  It's different now, but many years ago when I had over an hour's drive to and from work 5 to 6 days a week, old radio shows helped with the boredom of the same old same old every day.  Now days when I take a longer trip, I'm content to just look out the window at the scenery.

I have my iPod plugged into my van and listen to the music there.  If out hiking around, I’d prefer to listen to the sounds of nature. My taste in music tends to run in the 60s and 70s CW, folk, and western music with some Celtic, bluegrass, and bagpipe music for occasional seasoning. 

• 10 months later...

I recently added to my players. An Anker SD card reader with a carde cantaining all my music 1500+ songs from about 3 eras and some odds and ends,  This is to be used in a vehicle with a USB media player

Here's my how-to

1 find the selection you want on YouTube
2 Download it with your downloader of choice
3 Get Audacity, its plugins, and the related "for Audacity" software, specifically "lame_enc" and "ffmpg I have the links in the Music Producers Club.Install and run them by playing the vids in Aucacity (that is what the ffmpg is for) while recording. You can also use the effects to even out the volume of each cut so that you don't have one that screams at you and the other that you can hardly hear. Audacity is recommended by the pro's who use LMMS, a still-supported production system for  the late 1980's: LMMS does not accept input and Audacity does not support virtual instruments. Audacity is also good for mastering and ouputs as a CD-ready WAV file. I do not even use CD or DVD. I am all about SDXC and microSD; to quote Bullwinkle; "all on this itty bitty card" and I MEAN 'itty bitty". How about 500 gby sitting on your pinky nail? My onboard media player is VideoLAN VLC or the MPC Media Player Classic that comes with the K-Lite Codec pack (which they say blows bLC out the door, but you could not prove it by me, unless you really want to go off in the weeds at the pro level: For the ordinary folk like us. VLC will do very well. And even that can get more complicated than I care to be involved with)
4 At this point. You can save as a signed 16-bit depth, 441khz WAV which is what a CD uses or you can then convert to mp3. with the exponential increase we have had in SDXC memory size. You might as well keep then as WAV. Mp3 was a compromise from about a quarter century ago when a 100 gb HDD was big stuff. I have in my desk drawer more memory than was in the entire world just 45 years ago
5 make your tags, Audacity will do that for you as part of saving, but I use and recommend https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ You can also do it through properties but by the time you finish the first one, you will be a grownup ready to be back in diapers. This will do all kinds of things

I am so OUT of analog music it is not funny. Only some vintage synths (used mostly for sampling for sfz of which I am a YUGE fan) and my last 4-track to convert my old analog tapes to digital via...Guss what....Audacity. This is the kind of thing I have been anticipating for 40 years, with my first contact with the micro-computer 40 years ago. I am also a laptop slut. My Dell inspiron 7579 i7 512 SSD 16 gb RAM touchscreen will hold and run a full set of recording studios and live performance virtual instruments and I am getting an HP with a touchscreen soon for a desktop, providing I do not opt to go 100% laptops. I see no real advantege to desktops any more for my purposes. Or, I could go with a low-power desktop, although I want something that can do graphics and quality video editing, but it does not need to be pro. Krita and Inkscape for graphics (would like to use GIMP but it does not work righ and I have tried several computers) for graphics and Handbrake and Blender for vidoes. Although I have a cople of older pro video editors that will go in my new unit