LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Remanent smell after a clean up

I'm wondering if I smelled like a dirty diaper even after I cleaned up.

I ran into my neighbor the other day after I had just cleaned up from a poopy diaper I was sitting in for an hour. We were out side and I was wearing shorts and it was a little windy. Before I ran into her, I had just taken a long shower. Note:  when I clean myself, I wash my bottom 5 or 6 times - rinsing between each application of the soap. I use lots of soap. I use almost one bar of dove in the shower when I clean up from a poopy diaper. I'm using the unscented sensitive skin soap by dove. Then when I get out and dry off, I rub my butt down and between my legs with a few Pampers scented baby fresh wipes. Normally I would immediately put on another diaper with baby powder, but on this particular day I only used the baby fresh wipes. 

I wonder if my neighbor could smell a small remanent trace of the dirty diaper I had on previously. I've run into her a few times since and she's not being as social, but she might also have other things going on in her life unrelated.  Do you think she could smell me? What is your best guess? I can always smell her perfume outside. I wonder if I smell like a stinky baby to her.

If you clean yourself up as thoroughly as you described, I would say that nobody could smell anything. But you can do a simple check yourself: After clean up, pick a jar with coffee and inhale deeply aroma of it. Then exhale and smell yourself again - if you won't smell anything weird, you should be fine. :-)

• Like 1

I can say that a stinky diaper smell is very hard to get rid of once you create one.  Just this week, I made a big stinky and  sat around in it for several hours prior to changing it.  While I paid particular attention to disposing of the diaper properly and cleaning up and sanitizing the bathroom where I cleaned up, the rest of the house was left untouched other than running some exhaust fans for about an hour.

When my wife returned later in the afternoon, first thing she said when entering the house was something stinks in here? 

We do have a basement that has had mold problems so I blamed it for this smell and set some fans up to supposedly deal with it.

Point again, a messy diaper smell will really linger, and if you were the one wearing the messy diaper, you may not even notice it as you tend to tune out the smells, but someone other with a fresh perspective will, IE you can always tell a  child's bedroom if they are still in diapers, as the smells from the many diaper changes take forever to leave the area!

• Like 1

Incontinent products sources have creams and lotions for this very thing. There are also deodorant tablets you can take that causes your poop not to smell. You have to remember to take them before meals. 

Yes there is a good chance others will notice the lingering smell as the longer you sit in your mess the more your skin adsorbs and you can not wash that away. I have noticed this myself, for if I sit in my mess for over 4 hours or a really stinky one, even after a long hot shower there is a noticeable smell coming from myself and I'm sure others can notice it also.  

Thanks for the responses.

I'll never really know if she smelled me or not, but it seemed like I could smell myself every time the wind shifted. But it could have also been the leftover smell that was in my noise. I was near a dumpster so she might have just thought it was that.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You might want to try, after you're done washing yourself, lightly sniff the towel that you dried your diaper area with. If (and how badly) it smells offensive is a reliable indicator that the poopy diaper smell is still adherent to your buns.