LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

can you be a greenie little if you use diapers? do you consider yourself as a greenie?

5 hours ago, id0ntknow said:

I'm going to guess that it's supposed to be someone who is very eco-friendly, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well then the answer for me is no. I hold the opinion though that if you want to save the planet you should probably off yourself, cause one person generates so much more trash than any conservation can keep pace with.

Tl;DR Enjoy your diapers, the ecosystem is someone else's problem.

On 11/15/2017 at 9:55 AM, eatenbywo1ves said:

Well then the answer for me is no. I hold the opinion though that if you want to save the planet you should probably off yourself, cause one person generates so much more trash than any conservation can keep pace with.

Tl;DR Enjoy your diapers, the ecosystem is someone else's problem.

I disagree.  It all comes down to what you buy, and what you do with it when you're done.  If you use cloth diapers and an energy-efficient dryer, you could reduce your environmental impact by a ton as compared to using disposables.  But then again, it's your life and your decisions, so all of the above (minus the quote), is just my opinion.

There's not a lot of difference when you factor in the whole thing from start to finish. The cotton has to be grown, harvested, turned into cloth then cut and sewn. Most of those processes are not Eco-friendly at all :( Where the big difference lies is in which is best for your area ;) Where water is scarce cloth is a bad choice but where recycling and disposal is poor, disposables are a bad choice.

The bottom line is that our planet's resources are finite and we should use them wisely B)

Bettypooh

4 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

There's not a lot of difference when you factor in the whole thing from start to finish. The cotton has to be grown, harvested, turned into cloth then cut and sewn. Most of those processes are not Eco-friendly at all :( Where the big difference lies is in which is best for your area ;) Where water is scarce cloth is a bad choice but where recycling and disposal is poor, disposables are a bad choice.

The bottom line is that our planet's resources are finite and we should use them wisely B)

Bettypooh

I agree.

3 hours ago, Comfortably diapered said:

I try to be as green as possible, but I use disposables. You would think by now we would have biodegradable diapers or something. I feel bad using them sometimes but if it wasn't me someone else would be so..

We do!  I know the honest company makes biodegradeable ones, but I think they only make them in baby sizes.  As for AB companies, that would be something good to suggest.

I can't even imagine how much waste there is using disposable diapers. I have used disposable diapers and just 1 disposable diaper can take years to disintegrate. Think about it. Where do your disposable diapers go?  I assume to a land fill. That's a lot of diapers from 1 city 

5 hours ago, dannisissy said:

I can't even imagine how much waste there is using disposable diapers. I have used disposable diapers and just 1 disposable diaper can take years to disintegrate. Think about it. Where do your disposable diapers go?  I assume to a land fill. That's a lot of diapers from 1 city 

Try hundreds of years.  Plastics don't decompose very well.

Agrees I can't even imagine how much waste there is using disposable diapers. I have used disposable diapers and just 1 disposable diaper can take years to disintegrate. Think about it. Where do your disposable diapers go?  I assume to a land fill. That's a lot of diapers from 1 city 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately you don't get to choose which kind of diaper you are interested in if it is a fetish for you. If you into one, you'll have no interest in the other typically.

On the other hand, if you want to compare the two, manufacturing of both can be quite sustainable, especially as economical methods of creating plastics from sources beside oil are on the horizon. Other resources used are renewable such as cotton and wood pulp. Disposal is far trickier though for both ypes of diapers, but that's true with anything we use. In theory , you could run out of landfill space, but not anytime soon. There is however a demand for more advanced recycling technology that would provide economic viability for the recycling of more materials. I'd say cloth wins, because it has far less waste to throw away. Washing them is not a big deal to me. I wash tons of clothes already. An extra load a week would not have a significant impact on my energy bill but I would save quite a bit of money on buying diapers each month which typically costs $150 diapers every other month.

2 hours ago, Diapered Jason said:

Unfortunately you don't get to choose which kind of diaper you are interested in if it is a fetish for you. If you into one, you'll have no interest in the other typically.

I disagree.  That may be the case for some people, but for others, cost, sustainability, privacy, and other factors have an inpact on their choice of diapers, and it's not all about what best satisfies their desire to wear.  If someone could only afford 1 case of disposable diapers every 4 months, or get several cloth diapers for the same price, the latter might be a better option, as it would allow them to wear a lot more often.