LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hey guys. This is my first attempt at a story. Not sure how exactly it's gonna turn out. But I figured there was only one way to learn how to write stories & that's by writing. Any constructive feedback you can give will be welcome & appreciated. So then, without further ado…

Angel Hunter

Chapter I

5:37am

Ugh! Why am I awake at Five-thirty in the Goddamned morning on my day off? Normally I sleep like a rock on Saturday. Was it something I ate? Well, best not to dwell on it I guess. Maybe I'll make up for it by staying in bed an extra hour or so.

“Arise, mortal.”

Now if I didn't know any better, I'd think I just heard someone say “Arise, mortal” right next to me. But that's just plain ridiculous! I must still be dreaming. Yeah, that would explain why I'm awake so-

“GET UP!”

I shot up in my bed and looked towards the source of the command. What I saw defied all logical explanation. Standing there in my doorway was the form of a woman.  Her body was pitch-black from head to toe. But what caused my blood to run cold with terror was her glowing red eyes staring me down.

There's a demon in my bedroom.

“Fear not. I do not wish you harm.”

Well that takes a load off of my mind. But it does beg the question: why is there a demon in my bedroom?

“I am here because I require your assistance.”

So she can read minds too?

“Yes I can.”

“Stop reading my mind!”

I immediately clamped my hand over my mouth. I just yelled at a demon in my bedroom! I was fully expecting her--I mean It--to pounce on me and tear me to pieces for lashing out. But it just stood there staring at me. Her head cocked slightly as if she found my outburst intriguing rather than infuriating.

We just stared at each other for another long, terror-filled moment before she spoke again.

“Well? If you wish to speak your mind then do so. I do not have all night!”

Huh? Oh! Right. I told her to stop reading my mind so she's waiting for me to speak. Are demons normally this accommodating? “uh, what are you doing here?” I asked with more than a little trepidation.

“I need you to look after my host.”

Well, that answered one question. And raised about a dozen more. “Your host?”

She sauntered into the room and only then did I realize how much she reminded me of the Enchantress from that Suicide Squad movie. Not sure if that makes her more or less terrifying.

“This body belongs to a woman named Julia. When I release her she will be too weak to move or speak. I could just leave her in an alley somewhere, but I think you would agree that this is a much better solution. Unless, of course, you wish to see harm come to an innocent woman?”

“what? No! Of course not! It's just,” it's just that this situation is completely insane! It's just that I'm not in the habit of helping demons! Come on, say something!

“Why me?”

She stepped up in front of me. I tried not to react but my body had other plans. I instinctively leaned back & shut my eyes tight as she approached. “all in good time, Luc.” she placed her hand under my chin and gently turned my head so I would be forced to look into her eyes if I opened mine. Suddenly her hand clamped around my throat. My eyes went wide with shock & I was forced to look into her fiery gaze. “But know this, Luc,” she said sternly, “If you should find yourself tempted to take advantage of her in her helpless state, I shall be forced to manifest myself again.” She leaned in close. Her face inches from mine. “And you will know the fullness of my wrath!” With that she released her grip on my throat. I gasped for breath as she nonchalantly sauntered back into the center of the room and laid herself down on the carpet.

Before my very eyes she began to transform. The first thing I noticed were patches of pink flesh as the blackness of the demons skin (or scales. It was too dark to really tell) started fading away. The second thing I noticed was her jet-black hair returning to its natural blond. In mere seconds the transformation was complete. And where there had once been a terrifying demon now lay a beautiful, normal-looking girl. Eyes closed. Breathing steady as if she were in deep slumber. That's when I noticed a third thing:

She was completely naked.

I looked away as a reflex. The demon’s final warning now making a lot more sense. Had she been naked the whole time? Given the circumstances I suppose it's possible I could've missed that little detail.

My thoughts were interrupted when the girl's eyes suddenly opened and she started gasping and wheezing as if she'd just nearly drowned.

I jumped out of bed and rushed to her side. Kneeling down beside her, I started saying anything I could think of to try to calm her down. “It's okay Julia. I'm here. Nobody's going to hurt you. The demon is gone. She won't be coming back. Just breath normally. You're safe here.”

Eventually her gasping devolved into sobbing. Tears began flowing down the sides of her face like rivers of pain and sorrow. Well that's hardly an improvement! I knelt there for what must have been several minutes stroking her hair & telling her everything was going to be all right. When she finally started to calm down I decided that it would be best for both of us if she were clothed. So I went over to my dresser & got out a pair of gym shorts & a T-shirt. It'll have to do. I started with the shirt. Have you ever tried to put a shirt on a completely limp body? I do not recommend it. Through some miracle I was finally able to get it on her. Well that's half her modesty preserved. I moved to her lower body and that's when I discovered that the carpet underneath her thighs was soaking wet. How did I discover that in a dark room you ask? Simple: I accidentally stuck my damn hand in it of course! At first I thought I must be mistaken. Surely she wouldn't…

All it took was a quick sniff of my hand to confirm my suspicions.

She peed all over my floor!

I gave her a quizzical look. Which only elicited more sobbing. Not good. I wasn't angry at her or anything. Just a little confused. The demon said she wouldn't be able to move or speak. It didn't say anything about this!

Now she's crying again. “shh it's okay. I'm not mad. You've had a rough night. These things happen.” damn. If this is what demon possession does to you I might have to start going to church again!

Once I got her mostly calmed down again I went to the bathroom & got a wet rag. The carpet would have to wait. Right now I need to get Julia cleaned and dressed.

I moved her away from the wet spot and proceeded to wipe down her legs and crotch. I had imagined many scenarios involving a naked woman in my room. But I had never imagined anything like this! Once I was pretty sure she was clean I grabbed the pair of gym shorts and slid them up over her legs. As I suspected putting pants on her turned out to be much easier than the shirt. Now that she's fully clothed I… I… hmm… What do I do now exactly? The demon had instructed me to “look after” Julia. I guess really the only thing I can do now is try to make her as comfortable as possible. “All right, Julia,” I said to her, “I'm going to put you to bed. I'm sure you could use some sleep after what you've been through.” I was trying to gage her reaction. But she didn't even act like she heard me. Her eyes were vacant; devoid of all feeling. Had I not known better I would've guessed she were stoned out of her mind. Yeah, sleep sounds like the best thing for her right now.

I went over to my bed. Briefly wondering if the couch would be a safer option. She did just piss herself after all. No, I'm sure it was a one time thing. Probably happened the moment she woke up. However, just to be on the safe side I went into the bathroom & laid a towel under where her butt would be. An ounce of prevention…

I picked her up--no small feat mind you--and laid her on the bed. “alright Julia. I need you to try to get some sleep okay? If you need anything just,” just what, moron? “just, I dunno, let out a cry or something. I'll try to remain within earshot. But even if you can't manage that I'll make sure to check on you fairly often, okay? Now just close those little eyes…” she closed her eyes and after another minute or so her breathing started to settle. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. “Good girl.” I said before covering her up and going back out to the bathroom to try and find something to clean the carpet.

What the literal hell have I gotten myself into?

Thank you! :) I've had this story bouncing around in my head for a short time now. It seemed like a good place to start. I have ideas about what I want to incorporate into this story, but by & large I'm not quite sure where it's going to take me. But I figured the only way to find out was to take it one chapter at a time.

It’s an interesting start :) One Small suggestion: many of your sentences are very short and clipped, as in the paragraph beginning “I gave her a quizzical look.” I think I see that you’re trying to slow the pace of the writing to convey impact and show Lyc’s reaction as it unfolds, but it reads very choppily. You might consider combining some of the short sentences together, and then spend more time on the things you want to highlight

• Thanks 1

Chapter II

By the time I had cleaned Julia’s accident off the carpet I was fairly certain she was asleep. Good for her. I went out to the living room of my tiny apartment & sat down on the couch. It was now just after six.

That's when I started freaking out.

There's a demon possessed stranger in my bed. I let that soak in for a few moments. I have seen movies about demons possessing people and it was never pretty! What if this is all some ruse? What if that creature in there is just playing the damsel in distress to get me to lower my guard? Waiting for just the right moment to stab me in the heart with a steak knife? Of course, if she really wanted to kill me she could've done it while I was asleep. Unless she wanted to see the terror in my eyes before she murdered me?

Stop. I'm not thinking straight. I need… Coffee! Yes, Coffee makes everything better. Once I get some caffeine in me I'll be much better equipped to handle this situation.

A few minutes later I was sitting on the couch again. Half a mug of coffee in my hand. The other half I'd already drank. And already I was thinking much more clearly. Yes, It's time to tackle this problem head-on.

The problem: What do I do about Julia? If I keep her here I'm in danger of being attacked or even possessed by the demon myself! And even if I'm not in any danger, how long does that thing expect me to play nursemaid? I have a job to get back to on monday. I can't be stuck here babysitting a stranger! Should I call a hospital? Yeah, I can just imagine how that conversation would go: Hi, a demon came into my room last night and left a paralyzed woman in my bed. Could You please take her off my hands? Even if they didn't cart me off to the loony bin I'm pretty sure demon possession is quite a bit beyond the scope of modern medicine. They wouldn't be able to help her anyway. Maybe…

My thoughts were interrupted by a sharp cry from the bedroom. I quickly rushed in to see if Julia was all right. She still hadn't moved by the looks of it. But her face was contorted in pain and she was whimpering like a scared puppy. I sat down on the bed beside her. “hey now, it's okay. I'm here. What's wrong?” How exactly I expected her to tell me what's wrong I have no idea. She just closed her eyes and continued to sob. Tears were once again streaming down her cheeks. What do I do? I'm not trained for any of this! I thought back to when I was sick as a child and my mom would take care of me. The first thing she'd do is… feel the forehead to see if I had a fever. I placed my hand on her forehead and almost recoiled at the heat. Damn, You could fry an egg on this girls body! “You're burning up!” I said to her trying to get any kind of confirmation that that's what she was crying about. She looked at me; Her bloodshot eyes Held my gaze as if trying to plead with me. That'll do it. I went away for a moment and came back with another wet rag and draped it over her head. I then occurred to me that she probably didn't want all this blanket on top of her if she were this hot so I pulled them off. Let's see, what would mom do next? Probably get me a drink. Of course! After the hell she's likely been through she's probably very thirsty. “want me to get you a drink?” I asked. She looked into my eyes and let out a whimper which I took to mean an emphatic “yes!” But that brings up a new problem: how do I give her a drink in her current state? I can't imagine that ending in anything but both of us getting soaked and hardly a drop going in her mouth.

Then an idea hit me. “Wait here.” I said before realizing how stupid it was to say that. Where was she gonna go, idiot? I went out into the kitchen and searched through the cupboards. Come on, it's gotta still be here…

Aha! At last I found the prize I was looking for. A few months ago my sister came over with her baby and left one of his bottles behind. I always meant to return it, but now I'm glad I didn't. I filled the bottle with water and went back into the bedroom where the absurdity of what I was about to do hit me like a ton of bricks. I was about to feed a grown woman from my nephew's baby bottle. Why has my life come to this?

I sat back down on the side of my bed and showed her the bottle. “Alright,” I began, “this is a gonna be a little strange, but hey, what else is new?” I half-expected her to cry out in protest, but instead she accepted the bottle into her mouth and began greedily sucking on it. Man, she really was thirsty! I found myself looking away as if what she were doing was somehow embarrassing. Right, because after seeing her naked and cleaning up her piss watching her suckling a baby bottle was somehow too shameful? I looked back at her and for the first time since seeing her awake she looked, I don't know, content? Maybe almost relaxed?

I suddenly felt a sort of warmth wash over me. The same kind of warmth I felt when I held my nephew for the first time. Maybe it was due to the stark contrast of the pain and terror Julia’s has been in to the relaxed state she's in now? And I had to admit she is kinda cute sucking on a bottle like that.

I chastised myself for that last thought. This isn't some game! She and I are both in mortal danger! Who knows what that demon has planned for us? Well one thing's for sure: whatever I decide to do it has to protect Julia as well as myself. I could never leave her at the mercy of that creature. I've got to find a way to save both of us.

I looked back at Julia and saw she had finished the bottle. Well that was fast! I removed the nipple from her mouth and set the bottle aside. “There we go. Isn't that much better?” once again I don't know how I expected her to answer. She mumbled something that sounded somewhat affirmative, and I'm pretty sure she was smiling ever so slightly. “Good.” I said followed by an awkward silence. I never was much of a conversationalist, and she certainly wasn't going to say much. I tried to think of something, anything, to say that would break the silence without sounding like an idiot by asking stupid questions she can't answer. “So…” I began, “have you tried moving at all yet?” No, Einstein, I'm sure she's not the least bit curious about whether her body is working again! She looked down at herself and made a face as if she were straining to lift something heavy. At first it didn't seem like anything was happening, then I noticed her left index finger twitching ever so slightly. “well would you look at that,” I said as I lifted her arm up so she could see it. As she watched her hand twitch I saw her lips curl into a tiny smile and tears started forming in her eyes. I wasn't sure whether they were tears of joy or pain. I didn't have time to decide as before I knew she broke down and started crying again. Once again, not sure if it was joy or pain,  but if I had to guess I would say it was probably the latter. I immediately started trying to comfort her, “shh… It's alright. You're getting better. I'm sure you'll be back to your old self in no time…” after a few minutes her crying started to die down and I just continued to stroke her hair and tell her everything was alright until eventually she drifted off to sleep.

The next hour or so went by painfully slow. I couldn't watch TV or play video games because I was afraid of waking Julia up. And even if they didn't wake her up they might prevent me from hearing her if she started crying again. So I ended up reading a book and looking at the clock every thirty seconds, waiting for all hell to break loose again.

It was around seven-thirty when I heard her begin to stir again. God, why can't she just sleep like a normal sick person?

I went in to see what was wrong and found her sobbing uncontrollably again. Great. What could possibly be wrong now-

It was at that moment that I noticed to soaked towel under her butt and the stench of urine being much stronger now than it was early. Ugh! Again? If this is going to become a regular thing I'm going to have to find a more permanent solution.

My attention was drawn back to Julia and I immediately felt guilty for being irritated at her accident. After all, she's the one who suddenly can't control her body. She's the one currently sitting in a puddle of her own making. What right do I have to be angry?

I went back into Comfort Mode, “Hey, it's alright. I'm not mad. You've done nothing wrong. Now wait here while I get something to clean you up with.”

Dammit I used the phrase “Wait Here” again! I really hope she gets her voice back soon so I can stop making a fool of myself!

I came back with yet another damp rag. The first time I did this it was dark enough to at least partially preserve her modesty. Now that daylight streamed through the bedroom window modesty was no longer an option. Not that it bothered me, even without the demon’s warning I'm not the kind of guy who would take advantage of a paralyzed girl! I moved her to the side, away from the wet spot on the bed, and proceeded to peel off her shorts and wipe her clean. She whimpered quite a bit throughout the process, but I would hardly expect her to react otherwise to a practical stranger sanitizing her private parts. Once I had her clean I took out another pair of gym shorts and put them on her. I then carried her into the living room and placed her on the couch. “Wait--err, I mean, I'll be right back.” i inspected the soiled towel I'd placed on my bed to protect the sheets. Unfortunately It didn't quite do the job. But, I guess even if it had I'd still be doing a load of laundry anyway. I gathered up the bed sheet, towel, gym shorts, and a few miscellaneous articles of clothing and through them all in a laundry hamper to take downstairs. I went back out to the living room to tell Julia that I was going to run a quick errand and that I'd be back in twenty minutes tops. Her eyes went a little wide at first but she didn't start crying so I took that as approval. Then I said aloud “If the demon is listening I'll only be gone a few minutes, so please don't eviscerate me or anything.” There was no reply, so I grabbed the laundry basket and walked out the door. The plan was to go down to the laundry room followed by a quick drive down the street to the pharmacy to pick up some… supplies.

This was turning out the be a very strange day indeed.

• Like 1

Chapter III

Twenty-four minutes later I was home again. The shopping took a bit longer than expected since I've never had to purchase this particular item before. I walked in the door and set my groceries down as I went to check on Julia. She was awake and not crying which is a pretty good combo in my book. Well, no use delaying what needs to be done.

“Hey Julia. I got you something at the store. Now, it's going to seem a little weird, but it should make life easier for both of us.” with that I pulled the package of adult diapers out of the paper sack and waited for her reaction. Her eyes went wide for a second, then she looked at me with one eyebrow raised as if to say “seriously?” But she didn't start whimpering which I took as a good sign.

“I'm sorry I have to do this, but it's the only thing I could think of to protect my furniture and clothes. And it'll be good for you too because we won't have to worry about your fluid intake. Or more accurately, your fluid output.” She stared at me for another moment, then let out I sigh and closed her eyes which I took to mean, “Alright let's just get this over with.” well, no turning back now.

I opened the package, pulled out a diaper and unfolded it. Man, these things are a lot bigger than I expected! I didn't know what size to get so I just guessed on a size small figuring that, given the purpose of a diaper, having them be slightly too small would be better than if they were too big. Maybe they just look big until you put them on? I pulled down her shorts and was relieved to find them still dry. By now my hands are shaking I'm so nervous. I've only changed a diaper once before and that was on my six-month old nephew. This was an entirely different ballgame. I just hope the basic principles are the same. It took me multiple attempts to lift her up and get the diaper into position at the same time. I'm not exactly a bodybuilder and she was one-hundred-percent dead weight. But eventually I got it somewhere close to right and I moved on to the next step. I reached over and grabbed the bottle of baby powder. I wasn't sure whether or not you're supposed to use baby powder on adults, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I sprinkled a generous portion on her privates, getting quite a bit all over the couch. I would've been more careful, but I figured since it was a leather couch any excess powder would wipe right off later. I closed the front of the diaper up and taped it on as straight as I could. Having finished the task I stood up and examined my handiwork. Not too bad if I do say so myself. I looked back at Julia's face and she still had her eyes closed. “You can look now.” I said. She opened her eyes and looked down at the diaper wrapped around her hips. She mumbled her displeasure at the infantile garment, but otherwise seemed content with the job I’d done. “I think we could both use a drink after that ordeal.” I said before walking into the kitchen. I was just going to give her more water but then I thought she deserved a treat for not freaking out about the diapers. A picked up a bottle of water and a container of Black Cherry-Plum juice, my favorite, and brought them over to her.

“I'm going to give you a choice between water and juice. Just stare at whichever one you want and that's what you shall have.” her eyes went back and forth between the two bottles before finally resting on the juice. “Good choice.” I said and went back into the kitchen to prepare her bottle.

She enjoyed this bottle even more than the last one, letting out a few sighs of pleasure as she greedily suckled down the bottle’s delicious contents. By now the absurdity of feeding a grown, diapered woman from a baby bottle didn't even register with me anymore. This was just the way things are right now. And I couldn't deny how adorable she looked in her diaper, although I'm sure that feeling will wear off once I have to change it. Still, it should be a lot easier than cleaning soiled carpets and furniture. I just hope she gets her control back soon.

For both our sakes.

• Like 1

Chapter IV

It wasn't long before Julia was fast asleep again. I quietly ducked out of the apartment and went back downstairs to put my laundry in the dryer. I know you're technically not supposed to leave your laundry unattended, but really, who's going to steal my bedsheets anyway? Besides, it's not like I have much of a choice, I can't just leave Julia alone for an hour while my clothes dry. Who knows what that demon would do to me?

“It would not be pleasant.”

I spun around and came face to face the demon once again. It looked mostly the same, but it's body was semi-translucent and less defined almost as if she were made of black smoke.

“W-What?”

“You wondered what I would do to you if you left Julia alone for something so trivial as laundry. You were correct in assuming I'd be very displeased with you.”

Oh yeah, I forgot it could read minds. “Oh.”

“You are wondering why I am here now?”

Come on, say something! “Uhh, now that you mention it,”

“I simply wanted to inform you that you're doing an adequate job taking care of my host.”

The demon is thanking me? Telling me I'm doing a good job? “Uhh, thank you?”

“It seems my faith in you was well founded.” she walked towards me and I backed up against the wall. “Wait!” She stopped in her tracks. Huh, I didn't actually expect her to wait. “Y-Y-You said ‘your faith in me,’ what did I ever do to earn your trust?”

“It's not what you did,” she stepped up to me and placed her hand on the side of my face. I flinched remember what happened last time she touched me. “It's who you are.” then she was gone. Leaving me with even more questions than I had before.

It's who I am? What does that even mean? I am Lucas Granger. I am a high school history teacher. I am an agnostic. Correction: WAS an agnostic. After the past few hours I don't know what I believe anymore. Am I some kind of Chosen One or something? Is there a prophecy I should know about? Yea verily shalt the scholar of histories taketh the woman, borne of darkness, and swaddle her in baby clothes? Hallelujah, Amen, you are dismissed!

There isn't enough therapy or hard liquor in the world for this.

On my way out of the laundry room I was nearly knocked over by a pair of policeman who were in a rush to get somewhere. Police? Here?

Oh God please no!

I ran to catch up with them, “what's going on?” I asked. One of them stopped to address me, “we've got a dead body in apartment one-twenty-two.” He kept going but I stopped to breathe a sigh of relief. For a minute I thought this might have something to do with Julia. One-twenty-two wasn't even on my floor.

Wait, a dead body? Someone has died and all I'm worried about is whether or not it's connected to me! Shit! What is wrong with me?

I ran to catch up to the police. When I got to the apartment I was stopped by the cop posted outside the door, “hold it sir,” he barked, “this area is a crime scene. I must ask that you stay back so as not to contaminate the evidence.” Before I could respond another cop appeared in the doorway, “Relax, Lavine,” he said, “He just wants to know what's going on same as us.” The officer turned to me and introduced himself, “Inspector Grey, at your service.” he shook my hand, “I take it you live in this building, sir?

“uhh, yeah,” I answered, “apartment two-fourteen.”

“Did you know the deceased?”

“Well how can I answer that if you won't let me see the victim?”

The inspector thought about that for a moment and then waved me inside. The apartment was completely trashed; Broken furniture, holes in the walls, Windows smashed, it looked like a tornado made of bricks came through here.

In the center of the living room lay the body of a woman. She was probably in her late thirties, tall, dark hair, and wearing a nightgown. “Do you recognize this woman?” Inspector Grey asked me.

“Not really,” I answered, “I've only been living here a short time and I don't know much of anyone very well.” Four months probably wouldn't be considered a short enough time to not know anyone, but it was the truth. I generally kept to myself when I was home and the neighbors rarely bothered me. There was an old lady named Mrs. Wilson who lived across the hall from me that I got along fairly well with, but aside from her I didn't really know anyone. This woman could just as well be a burglar as the actual tenant and I wouldn't know the difference.

“Did you hear or see anything unusual last night?”

You don't know the half of it, I thought to myself. But I knew what he meant, “No, sorry.” I said.

“Okay then, you probably won't be needed again unless we find something that connects you to the her death. You're free to go.”

“Thanks.” I was about to walk out when a thought occurred to me “say, I'm no expert, but don't murder scenes usually have more blood?”

“Murder? Now who said anything about murder?” the Inspector glared at me, perhaps thinking I just incriminated myself.

“Uhh,” Not good! “The room is a wreck and there's a dead body in it. What else could it be?”

Grey continued to glare at me for a moment, “Good point.” He said with a touch of disappointment in his voice. “Yes, murder scenes do usually have more blood, but we can't seem to find a mark on her. It's almost as if she got up in the middle of the night, trashed her own apartment, then keeled over from a heart attack. We won't know more until the autopsy is completed.”

I thanked the Inspector again and made my way back to my apartment. But I couldn't shake the feeling that somehow, someway, Julia and the Demon had to be connected to this. It was just too big a coincidence. I'd have to get to the bottom of this later.

Author’s note:

Once again, guys, I would love to hear any thoughts, ideas, or criticisms you have on this story. It makes my day to see people getting involved in my story whether for good or bad. :)

51 minutes ago, redwelch2222 said:

seems like the main character is taking things way to casual for what happens in my opinion but its still good

I does seem that way doesn't it? The way I figured it, he simply hasn't had time for all of this to really sink in yet. You may recall in chapter 2 he was on the verge of an existential crisis when he was interrupted by Julia’s cries. He also feels like he needs to be a tower of strength for Julia because she's so helpless right now. If he started freaking out who knows what would happen to her?

In fact, I was just in the middle of writing the next chapter (in which Luc does have a bit of a meltdown) when I saw the notification for your comment. Funny how that happens sometimes. :)

Chapter V

When I got back Julia was still asleep and still dry. At least, I think she was still dry. I don't have enough diaper experience to know whether or not you can tell if an adult diaper is soiled just by looking at it. I would assume you can, but I can't say I know for certain. They are made for discretion after all. But no matter, even if she was wet I wouldn't have the heart to wake her up. I'm sure she needs her sleep more than she would need clean diapers right now anyway.

I went into my bedroom and laid down on the stripped bed. I looked at the time, it wasn't even nine o’clock yet and I was already exhausted. Both physically and emotionally; Perhaps even more so emotionally than physically. Between the Demon, Julia, and now a possible murder I was at my wit’s end. I wanted to cry, I wanted to die, I wanted to curl up in my bed and pretend this was all a bad dream. But I knew it wasn't a dream. This was real. And I'm stuck in the middle of it whether I like it or not. Even if by some miracle the demon doesn't decide to kill me what will happen to Julia? Will I just be expected to forget about her and continue on as if nothing ever happened? No, I could never live with myself if I let that happen. One way or another my fate and Julia’s are tied together. I will not abandon her to the demon!

I looked around the room half expecting to find the demon eavesdropping on my little monologue, but she was nowhere to be found. Which meant she either didn't hear me or she just didn't feel like destroying me at this particular moment. And I couldn't shake the sickly feeling I had that it was most definitely not the former.

Think, how do people normally defeat demons? Assuming this is indeed a more common thing than I thought, I would assume they call a priest. Yes! I need a priest to perform an exorcism. But how do I get a priest here without the demon knowing? If my suspicions about the woman downstairs were right then that means this demon can kill people, and she can make it look like an accident… Unless…

Unless she needs a host to do her bidding? Maybe she's powerless without Julia’s cooperation? If that were the case now would be the only opportunity I have to nip this problem in the bud before Julia regains her strength.

“It would be very unwise for you to do so.”

I didn't even bother turning around to face her. I knew I was done for, so I just hung my head and tried very hard not to cry. This is it. She's going to kill me and do whatever it is she has planned for Julia. After everything I've done I just couldn't save her. Couldn't save Julia.

That's when I could no longer hold back my tears. Sobs wracked my body as I waited for this creature to end my life.

“It's alright, Lucas. I'm not going to hurt you.”

Did… Did she just say she's not going to hurt me? Or maybe she just means my death will be painless?

“No, I mean I'm not going to hurt you or Julia. It was never my intent to harm either one of you.”

I stopped sobbing. She didn't want to hurt either of us? Then how does she plan to explain what she's done to Julia?

“That was my mistake. I ran her too hard on our first night. Her body just couldn't bare the strain. I admit I was a bit… Overzealous.”

I'm so confused I don't even know where to begin with that statement.

“That is to be expected. But there is no time to explain now. There is a Witch Hunter in the building looking for Julia.”

“Julia’s a witch?”

“No. He is hunting me, and he will kill Julia just to get to me. But you can protect her.”

This is unreal. But I'm too tired to argue anymore. “What do I need to do?”

“Simple: He will not force his way in, he will try to convince you to let him inside. Do not listen to him.”

Sounds simple enough. “Okay.”

“Good. He will be here any minute now. I suggest you hide Julia.”

I went out to the living room and gently shook Julia’s shoulder to wake her. She opened her eyes and looked at me, wondering what's going on.

“I'm sorry I had to wake you, Julia, but I have to hide you in the bedroom. Someone is looking for you and if they find you they may try to kill you.”

Naturally her eyes went wide with shock. I picked her up, carried her into my room and laid her on the bed. “Now I need you to be absolutely quiet okay Julia? I'll be back in a few minutes.”

Knock-knock-knock.

Oh God he's here! I went out to my front door, making sure the chain lock was on, and called out, “who is it?”

“Officer Lavine. We met downstairs.”

The police are here? I don't have time to deal with cops, I have a Witch Hunter on the way!

Unless he was the Witch Hunter.

No, surely the police have no interest in hunting witches. That kind of thing died out hundreds of years ago.

“Sir?”

Oh crap! Here I am monologuing while he's waiting for me to answer the door!

I opened the door a crack, “Can I help you?”

“Yes, it's about the dead woman downstairs.”

Huh, maybe he wasn't the Witch Hunter after all? My paranoia must be getting the better of me. “I told the Inspector I didn't know anything.”

“Yes but we've uncovered some new evidence and we think we know who killed Ms. Margot.”

“Surely you don't suspect-”

“Oh no, Not you sir! We think this is the work of a serial killer. May I come in?”

Uh oh. “Umm, I'd rather you didn't.”

“Oh? And why is that sir?”

Double Uh oh. “Uhh, my girlfriend is sick. I don't want you catching anything.”

“Very well sir.” He pulled out a Wanted poster, “Do you recognize this woman?”

Julia.

It took all my composure not to react. “Uhh… No, sorry.” there's no way he bought that. “Maybe on TV or something?” Better.

“She's been making her way across the country leaving over thirty dead bodies that we know of in her wake. From what we gathered about her MO--uh, that means how she kills people--she gets herself invited into her target's home, spends an evening with them, then strikes when they least expect it.” He pulled out a card, “here's my number. If she comes here, stall her and send me a text. Don't risk a phone call, you might tip her off. And don't try to detain her, she is extremely dangerous in hand to hand combat. You cannot beat her in a fight and she never lets her guard down. You get all that?”

Wow. “Uh, yeah: If I see her I should text you personally; don't call the police; don't try to take her on by myself.”

“Very good sir. I'll just be off then.”

“Okay, thanks for the tip.”

“Just doing my job sir.”

As he left I closed the door and leaned back against it, on the verge of panic. A serial killer? Julia? No, not Julia; the Demon. How long has she been under that creature's control? I shuddered at the thought. I pulled out my phone and entered Lavine’s number into my contacts. I briefly wondered if I shouldn't just text him now and end this nightmare once and for all. But I just couldn't believe Julia would be complicit in all this, which means she's just as much a victim as What's-her-name downstairs. Ms. Margot, was it? If I brought Lavine back here he would probably kill Julia. That is, if the Demon didn't kill him first, or kill me before I could send the text. No. Even if I brought Lavine in the best case scenario is that he kills Julia. I can't let that happen.

Who are you going trust? A demon or a cop?

Eventually I decided to hold off on calling in Lavine. As I went back in to tell Julia she was safe I was greeted by two startling sights: the first was the pair of black, shadowy hands that phased through my mattress and clamped Julia's mouth shut, muffling her cries into nearly inaudible whimpers.

The second was confirmation that you can indeed tell when her diaper is wet by the yellow discoloration of her crotch.

“You made the right choice. For a moment I was worried you would believe his lies.”

I pointed at the demon’s hands, “Is that really necessary?”

“It was a risk I was not willing to take.”

I had to know, “did you really kill all those people?”

“would you even believe me if I said no?

“Just answer the damn question for once!”

“*Sigh* No I did not kill those people. Last night was my first outing with Julia.”

Somehow I didn't feel any better, “Then where did that Wanted poster come from?”

“Were I to take a guess, I would say a printer.”

“Oh, so now you're cracking jokes?”

“The document you saw could've been fabricated easily enough. Perhaps it could have even been an illusion, but I doubt they would go through the trouble.” then she added, “If you are looking for some form of proof of my intentions I'm afraid I can offer you none. But ask yourself this: Have I done anything to earn your distrust?”

“Uhh, yeah! You're a Goddamned demon! You leave a paralyzed woman on my floor and threaten my life if I don't take care of her! You show up whenever you feel like it to say some confusing shit and then disappear without actually giving any answers! Need I go on?”

There was a slight pause, “There is much more going on here than you know. I promise you will have answers soon, though they may not be the answers you are looking for. You will soon see why I chose you, but for now I must ask that you be patient a little longer.” And with that the demon removed her hands from Julia’s, who immediately let out a bloodcurdling cry. She must be getting her voice back. I instantly went to her side, “shh, It's okay. The demon is gone. The man at the door is gone. You're safe now. And I promise you, I will do everything in my power to stop that demon from hurting you again.” she just continued to cry like I've never seen anyone cry before. Weeping like she just watched her family being murdered right in front of her. It took me a solid fifteen minutes to get her to calm down enough to address her other issue. “I'm going to get you another diaper. Just sit tight.” she actually whimpered a little as a walked away. Man, she really was scared! I brought a towel and her changing supplies and set them on the edge of the bed. It picked her up and set her on top of the towel with her legs dangling off the edge and resting on the floor. This should be a much easier position to change her from than the couch. “Alright, let's get you cleaned up, shall we?” she was still trembling slightly. Maybe a diaper change will get her mind off of what just happened.

I undid the tapes and opened the diaper. The stench of urine was far more concentrated than her previous accidents, but I tried hard not to react. Last thing she needs is another reason to feel bad. I attempted to lift her up to remove the diaper, that's when I discovered a flaw in her positioning: since I was standing between her legs I would need two hands to lift her up. This would be SO much easier if she could only move! I to a step to the left, mover her legs together, grabbed both of them under my arm and lifted up. Surprisingly it worked rather well and I was able to slide the used diaper out from under her. I set her back down and began cleaning her. I asked her if she'd tried moving at all yet and she responded by slowly clenching her fingers into a fist. Then opening them, then closing them again. “That's fantastic!” I praised, “You'll be walking around in no time.” having wiped her entire diaper area I reached over and unfolded a fresh diaper. Now comes the tricky part. I lifted her legs the same way I had done before and placed the diaper underneath her. It only took one adjustment to get it into the right position. I'm getting better at this! I dusted her with powder and taped the diaper up snugly. “There, good as new. Now I'll just go throw your diaper away and get you another bottle. I'll be right back.” I grabbed the wet diaper with two fingers and held it away from my body as I took it to the trash can. After thoroughly washing my hands I filled her bottle with juice again and set it on the end table next to the couch. I was going to try a different tactic. I went in to retrieve Julia and sat down on the couch with her head in my lap. Now I could feed her a bottle while sitting down.

She fell asleep again before she even finished the bottle. And since I was so exhausted I thought I might as well get some rest too while I can. So a leaned my head back and closed my eyes. Sleep came almost instantly.

Wow! 5 chapters in 5 days! When I started this story I never thought I'd be able to write this much so quickly. Hopefully I can keep up the pace. :)

I thought now would be a fun time for a poll: what do you guys think of the demon? Is she evil or benevolent? What's her endgame? I'd love to hear your thoughts and theories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't burn yourself out!

Take some time... We can at least pretend to be patient!

I like that Luc hit his enough-shit-o-meter! It was a good and natural way in your story to let the demon tease us some info and prove she's not a raging she-bitch-of-doom.

11 minutes ago, diapersnpaws said:

Don't burn yourself out!

Oh, that's not what I meant. I love writing this story and I have plenty of free time. What I mean is, I literally don't know if I can keep this up because I'm kind of discovering this story as I'm writing it. Like, I have ideas for the long run, but as for the individual chapters I'm sort of making it up as I go along. When I sit down to write I have no idea what's going to happen next in the story. It just sort of... comes to me. It's really hard to explain. Does it happen that way for you at all?

Well, the Woes did. I had a 20 page outline and wrote over 2 books worth.

U2 has been more structured cause the characters didn't live so full in my mind. I have to re read quite a bit to find their voices where Maddie and Co almost wrote their own epic.

Yeah! It's like part of me is thinking ahead; trying to plot out where the story is going. While the other part of me is experiencing it first hand as Luc. It's almost like an out of body experience in a way. A beautiful duality of writer & character. I'm just afraid of what happens when I run out of creative juices. Will I just continue on even though I have nothing interesting to say? Will I hit a roadblock in the story that I can't find a way around? It's why I've never written a story before. I've always thought you need to have everything fully planned out before putting anything down on paper.

I dunno, the demon’s done some shady stuff, also is a demon, but she’s odd enough that she could be playing a weird long game. For me, C^3 has proceeded at varying speeds, but never that fast! I have some stuff known and planned beforehand, but it’s a pretty rough outline. Mostly, I know where I start and a bit of where I’m going and otherwise just let it run.

in my story, I'm much the same way. I have special plot points plan ahead but no idea how ill get from one to the other until I start writing. while it is good to plan ahead it's also just going along with the flow. if I was starting to hit a snag in the story and had no idea what to do, I've asked for suggestions or read a few stories to get inspiration. 

Anyway, good story so far again, for the daemon I think neither. as for the endgame no idea yet.

Chapter VI

I woke up to a stiff neck and an growling stomach. The stiff neck was due to the awkward position I was sleeping in; I never really got the hang of sleeping on a couch. The hunger was obviously because I hadn't eaten today. Existential crises almost always ruin my appetite. Of course, with Julia still asleep on my lap I couldn't really go anywhere, so I guess food will have to wait until she wakes up. I looked down at her diaper, which was wet again. I swear this girl must be part fire hydrant or something! I just changed her… what time is it? Eleven-twenty! We've been napping for almost two hours! How time flies…

*grumble* *grumble*

That also explains why I'm starving right now. I wonder if I whisper the demon’s name three times if maybe she’ll show up make me a sandwich or something? Ha, that would sure be something! Does the demon even have a name? I'll have to ask her next time she shows up.

Think, what can I do to take my mind off how hungry I am without waking Julia up? Tv’s right out, And my books are out of reach. Which only leaves my phone. Hmm… Maybe it's time I did a little research to figure out what's really going on here.

I google “Demon possession” trying to find anything that can help me, but I'm not having much luck. There are plenty of disturbing accounts about people who claim demons forced them to kill or rape someone. Or where they started levitating off the ground or speaking in tongues. But so far I'm not seeing anything that resembles my situation. Nothing about demons asking for help or showing up for a casual conversation. Hell, if half of these accounts are true me and Julia have it easy! Sure, she can't move, but at least her demon had the common decency to get someone to take care of her, which is a lot more than any of these people got from their demons.

In fact, Julia’s demon doesn't match the profile of anything I'm reading. All the accounts I've read seem to indicate that demons are beings of pure evil who want nothing more than to kill and destroy. That doesn't sound like Julia’s demon at all. Is it possible we have a friendly demon on our hands? Do those even exist?

I google search “do friendly demons exist?” No results. Which means either we’re dealing with something completely different, or the demon is just pretending to be nice to gain my trust. But why would she do that? She could've just been all, “do what I say if you value your life!” And I would probably have done everything exactly the same way. And why would she show up in the laundry room just to tell me I'm doing a good job?

I was roused from my internal debate when a moan escaped from Julia as she opened her eyes.

“Mornin’ sleeping Beauty.” I say to her.

“H-Hi…”

If she hadn't been lying in my lap I probably would very fell out of my seat. “Y-You can talk???”

“Y-Yeah… Hurts…”

“What hurts?”

“Talk… Ing…” she looked like she was about to cry as the last syllable left her mouth.

“Hey, that's okay. You don't have to say a word until you feel ready. I'm just glad to finally see some progress in your recovery!” i lifted her head up so I could get off of the couch. Sweet freedom. “I believe this calls for a celebration. I think another bottle is in order… Unless you'd like a diaper change first?”

“D-Drink…”

“Coming right up!”

The excitement over her first words had briefly distracted me from my hunger. Being in the kitchen instantly reminded me. I grabbed a banana, thinking it was the only thing I could eat while I gave Julia her bottle. I was about to start feeding her when she told me she was cold. Now that I thought about it, it would be kind of cold in here if I wasn't wearing any pants. After retrieving a blanket from my bedroom and draping it over her body, I set about feeding Julia her bottle and eating my banana. I wondered if I shouldn't be offering her something to eat as well, but I was afraid that would lead to a situation I'm sure both of us would rather avoid. I'm not going to starve the girl or anything, but I think I'll wait for her to ask before potentially putting us both in an unpleasant situation. And who knows? Maybe some solid food is just what she needs to get her strength back. Or maybe her stomach just can't handle food right now.

As if in answer to my question I caught her glancing at the banana I was eating. I took the bottle out of her mouth, “You wouldn't perhaps like something to eat would you?” I asked her.

“Y-Yes.”

Now the question is, what can I feed her? It should probably be something light. “I have a can of chicken noodle soup I could make? Does that sound good?”

“Uh-huh.”

I set about making the soup. I didn't even really like chicken noodle soup, I just had it because that's what you're supposed to eat when you're sick. Well, if Julia's condition doesn't qualify as “sick” I don't know what does. While the soup was warming up I thought I'd better figure out how to position Julia such that I can actually spoon-feed her. I tried simply sitting her up on the couch, and at first she seemed to stay upright just fine. But as soon as I walked away she fell over on her side, which did not make her happy. However, by the time the soup was done I had come up with the perfect plan: first I sit her at the end of the couch so she can't fall to her left. Then I sit next to her so she can't fall to her right. I'm not quite sure what I'd do if she fell forward, since I'd be holding the tray of soup on my lap. But I'll just have to risk it. As I get the both of us into position I can't help but be reminded of the Princess Bride. She has been mostly dead for several hours after all. I'm just glad she seems to be able to hold her head up. I get a spoonful of soup and bring it to her mouth, “Alright, here comes the airplane.” I say. She squints her eyes at me in an attempt to express her displeasure at my patronizing comment for which I promptly apologized.

Have you ever tried to spoon-feed someone an entire bowl of soup? It takes a lot longer than you might expect. It was going on noon by the time we were finished. I then laid her back down on the couch and gave her the rest of her bottle. I wasn't sure how well Black Cherry-Plum juice pairs with chicken, but she didn't complain so it couldn't have been too bad. After that I remembered I still had laundry downstairs and told her I needed to leave her alone for a minute. She said don't be too long and I promised her I wouldn't. I was only gone for about three minutes, but when I got back I suddenly heard Julia cry out from beyond the door. I dropped my laundry basket there in the hall and ran inside. “What's wrong?” I asked her in a panic. She didn't look hurt and she hadn't fallen off of the couch or anything.

“I… I'm… Peeing...”

Oh deer. I forgot to change her earlier. I don't know if these diapers can take two wettings. I pulled her blankets off and sure enough the yellowed padding hugging her crotch was expanding further up the diaper, slowly overtaking what little bit of white was left. Julia bursts out crying which drew my attention away from her swelling padding. Had this not caused me to panic and jump right into comforting her I might've been able to get her into the bathroom or something before her diaper started leaking on my couch, which only caused her to cry more, whether from the discomfort of a leaky diaper or the shame of thinking she just ruined my couch, I wasn't sure which. But I did my best to comfort her, “Hey now, It's alright. I should've remembered to change you earlier.”

“I-I'm s-s-sorry!” she said between sobs.

“It's alright. This isn't your fault. And hey, at least now we know that these diapers don't hold very much. I guess that's what I get for buying the cheap brand, am I right?” super-absorbant my ass!

“I… I…”

“Shh, I'm not mad. This isn't your fault. Now let's get you out of that old, wet diaper, okay?” I picked her up, careful not to get soaked in the process, and carried her into the bedroom. The towel and changing supplies were still there, so I got right down to changing her straight away. She was still crying even as I removed the sopping wet diaper out from under her, but she started to calm down as the change went on. It was getting really hard not to think of her as a giant baby. Not only because of the diapers and bottles, but also because of her uncontrollable emotional outbursts. But then, if anyone was entitled to a little emotional instability it was Julia. She's been through more than I can possibly imagine.

“There, all done. Now wait here while I go see what I can do about the couch.”

“I'm sorry.”

“ah ah ah, now what did I say? There's nothing to be sorry about. It wasn't your fault.” I walked out before she could argue, taking her used diaper with me and disposing of it. I inspected the couch and found that her diaper hadn't leaked as bad as I thought. There was a small wet patch on one of the couch cushions but that was about it. A little soap and water and it was good as new. I went back in to find Julia still sniffling slightly. I picked her up and placed her back on the couch.

“See? Like nothing ever happened.” she didn't look at me. Couldn't look at me. Maybe I just need to give her some space. “Well, I think I'm going to make myself some lunch. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask, okay?”

I was about halfway to the kitchen before she spoke up, “th-thank you.”

“You're welcome.”

“I mean it… you've been… So nice to me…”

“Why shouldn't I be nice to you?”

“I… don't even… know you…”

“Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lucas Granger. But you can call me Luc.”

“L-Luc…”

“Yes?”

“H-How did I get here?”

Wait, she doesn't know how she got here? “Uhhhhh…”

Author’s note: I just wanted to let you know there probably won't be another chapter until at least monday. Sundays are usually rather busy for me. Also I'd love to hear your thoughts on the story so far, as well as some things you'd like to see in upcoming chapters. I could always use a little fresh inspiration. :)

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is a little late, but I had something come up yesterday and didn't have time to finish it. You can probably expect chapters to come out a little slower from this point on. Writing a chapter a day turned out to be a bit of an undertaking, as any authors reading this story will tell you. Anyway, without further ado...

Chapter VII

All is going according to plan. It has only been a few hours and already he is falling for her. My colleagues would likely think me a fool for encouraging such a relationship. They would tell me that love is unpredictable and uncontrollable; that its dangers far outweigh the rewards. They would remind me of all these things, if they were still here on earth. Yet I have not found a single one of my kin since returning. So perhaps they do not know as much as they think they do.

This world is evolving. And if our methods do not evolve with it we shall certainly be left behind as the Enemy surpasses us. Yes, my actions may be considered foolish, but time will tell if I am making the right choice. As they say, “The best tactics are passed down by the survivors.” And I have always been a survivor.

Julia. Such an innocent, fragile creature. She would be the perfect host for nearly any other kind of Spirit. And Luc; even the name means Light. Yet his mind is so muddled by ignorance. Intellectuals are often so easy to manipulate. Alone they would each be fairly harmless, but put them together and you might just create something very… Interesting. That's why most demons try to isolate their host however they can. For when two souls collide, the resulting reaction--be it good or bad--is always volatile.

It is a calculated risk; a gamble, just like any other stratagem. If it fails then I, and the humans, will pay dearly for my mistake. But if it pays off…

Then I will give all Angels something to fear.

----

“H-How did I get here?”

Wait, she doesn't know how she got here? “Uhhhhh…” How do I tell her? “Well…” Should I just give it to her straight? I feel like I need to ease her into it. If she really has no idea what's going on then I can't just dump that kind of information on her.

Evidently my reluctance to answer was started to worry Julia. “W-What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” that's a lie. A bald-faced lie. “It's just… complicated.” I'm not making this any easier for either of us. Maybe I should find out what she remembers and work from there. “How do you think you got here?”

She closed her eyes for a moment; trying to remember, “I don't know.”

“Well what's the last thing you remember?

“I remember… Going to bed… having nightmares… then I was here.”

I was afraid to ask, “What kind of nightmares?”

“I… don't remember.”

Well, here goes nothing, “I'm afraid those may not have been nightmares.”

She looked at me with no small amount of fear in her eyes, but didn't say anything; obviously waiting for me to continue.

“Now Julia, I need you to try very hard to remember anything. No matter how bizarre or insignificant it may seem. Can you do that for me?”

She closed her eyes again, “I was scared… It was dark… there were creatures… Black creatures…” She started breathing faster as she recalled the horrific visions, “... There was screaming… And blood… So much blood… I couldn't look away… I wanted to stop-”

I could tell she was about to have another breakdown so I stopped her, “Okay, that's enough. Just relax. Nothing can hurt you here.”

“NO!” her hand suddenly flew up and smacked me in the face. There was no strength behind it, but the shock of her scream combined with the unexpected blow still managed to knock me off the coffee table I was sitting on.

Her hand hanging limply off the couch, she began to cry full force. I wanted to comfort her, but I wasn't sure if that was the best idea at the moment. She hadn't hurt me, but I that doesn't mean I wanted her to hit me again. Was the “No” directed at me or something else? God, I'm beginning to miss the hours before she could talk!

Knock-knock-knock, “Luc? Is something wrong?”

This can't be happening, “Mrs. Wilson?

“Do I hear someone crying in there?”

Shit! I can't have my next door neighbor finding a diapered, demon-possessed woman in my apartment! Mrs. Wilson may be a sweet old lady, but she was also a terrible Gossip. Every time I bump into her it's, “Did you know Mister and Missus Hepburn are getting divorced?” or, “I just saw David Newhart driving a new car he couldn't possibly afford!” If she found out any unpleasant details about Julia I'm sure the whole building would know about it before sunset!

“Hang on,” I call out to buy myself a few precious seconds. I quickly cover Julia up, who had managed to mostly stifle her cries, and I whispered to her, “I'll try to get rid of her, but if she comes in, the less you say the better.” then I went over and opened the door, trying to act casual, “Hey there, Mrs. Wilson. Is there something you with-”

That's when I noticed my laundry hamper standing next to her. Shit! I forgot I left that out in the hall! “Oh my laundry!” I proclaimed in a loud voice trying to take her mind off the woman on my couch. “I can't believe I left that out here. Where is my head today?” In my mind I wanted to grab the basket and lock the door behind me before she could ask any questions. But as soon as I was about to reach for it she picked it up, “We all have those days, dearie.” she said to me as she pushed her way into my apartment while I mentally screamed every obscenity that I could think of, “And who's your little friend here?”

I practically leaped between Julia and Mrs.Wilson “She's sick!” I blurted out, then trying to recover I said, “I mean, this is Julia. I'm taking care of her while she's sick.”

“Well aren't you just a sweetheart!” She gushed before stepping past me to address Julia, “Isn't he just the sweetest thing?”

“Uhh… Yeah…” Said Julia. I would've been embarrassed had I not been in the middle of a panic attack. Every moment Mrs. Wilson was here was another chance for her to find out something she's not supposed to know. I had to get her out of here, and fast. “Mrs. Wilson, I think Julia needs her rest right now. And besides she might be contagious and I wouldn't want you catching anything so…” I somehow, through powers beyond my comprehension, managed to herd her towards the door. When we got outside my door she turned to me and said, “Oh, I know what's really going on here.”

My entire body went rigid. “Oh?”

“I was young once you know. I know when I was your age I didn't want little old ladies hanging around when I was with a fella.”

Oh thank God, “I guess I just can't hide anything from you can I?”

“I can take a hint.” She winked at me, “You kids have fun.” she turned to enter her apartment but before she did she added, “But I will expect a full report by the morning!”

We both laughed. My laugh was genuine because I was so relieved that she hadn't found anything out that I couldn't help but laugh. “You got it, boss!” I would have to come up with a convincing story to tell her later if I wanted any sort of control over what she tells people. Although I'm sure any tale she could concoct wouldn't be nearly as bad as the truth.

I locked the door behind me as if that would somehow magically keep out the world. That was way too close! If one-tenth of what's gone on here today ever got out I'd never live it down. Maybe if I can just avoid all human contact until Julia is back on her feet I can avoid any kind of scandal. Of course, with the luck I've been having I wouldn't be surprised if my parents suddenly showed up at my door without warning. That would be par for the course.

“I-Is she gone?” Julia asked.

“Yeah… She's gone…” I slid down the door frame and sat on the floor. At that moment I couldn't think of a more beautiful pair of words than, “She's gone.” Those two words, while perfectly ordinary on any other day, today they felt like a healing balm to my weary soul. She's gone. She's gone. I just sat there and repeated those words in my head over and over.

My growling stomach reminded me of another pair of words which, while not quite as beautiful as She's Gone, came in a pretty close second: Lunch Time.

I got up and went over to the kitchen to make a sandwich. I briefly considered ordering a pizza, but that would mean more human contact and I think I'd rather starve than deal with one more person.

Julia finally broke the silence, “Luc?”

“Yes Julia?”

“I'm sorry… for hitting-”

“Julia that's enough!” I snapped at her. Damn, where did that come from? “I mean, can we just save this until after lunch? I feel like I'm going to pass out if I have to deal with one more stressful situation on an empty stomach.” She didn't reply. God, why did I have to yell at her like that? I don't want to be mad at her. She didn't do anything wrong. It's just this whole situation is impossible! Of all the apartments, in all the buildings, in all the world, why did the Demon have to walk into mine?

Good job keeping the story moving and adding details. Then you have a very diaper discrete chapter advancing the plot with just the right salting of reminders that diapers are involved. 

It's like Julia's situation is running parallel to a cool Japanese Comic about demons. They are touching but adjacent. I love it!