LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the Community Missing

Miruru

When I think of disposable diapers for the AB/DL community, only a handful of companies come to mind.  Bambino, Rearz, ABU, Carousel Dotty did I miss anyone?  There are also medical grade diapers that are within most of our wardrobes; Abri-Form, Attends, Depends, Molicare, Tena, Dry-24/7 to name a few.

Out of all of these options what is missing from these options and what do you absolutely love that they provide?

Think about the question for a moment before answering, and try to consider what draws you to a particular brand or style.  Below are a few features that I have experienced

• Bulkness of padding
  • Wetness indicators
  • number of tapes (1, 2, or 3)
  • Single tape design or bi-tape design where you only get to lay them down once
  • cloth backing vs plastic backing
  • colored, or printed
  • Tape Landing zone
  • Crinkle Factor (How loud the diaper is when you walk)
  • Leg gathers and elastic waist bands (think pampers design, or Bambinos vs Tena Active Fit)
  • Price!
  • Quantity per pack, per case, per sample

How much is too much for a disposable product?  Now I have spent a fair number of coin on diapers, but when a diaper is reaching close to $2 dollars per unit I start to compromise on features.

Also friends, if you know anyone I can reach out to to get some quotes on developing a adult diaper I'd appreciate the insight.

I haven't actually purchased any ABDL diapers, but from what I've seen by browsing, there's a significant lack of official ABDL pull-ups for those who can't fit into Goodnites or want something more absorbent. If you're looking to get into the market, that's probably a good niche to get in on.

As far as price, I tend not to buy diapers at more than 1$ each, and prefer under 0.75$ each. I don't exactly have a lot to spend though. If I did, I might go higher on that.

Hi there

Cool your interested in making a diaper!

regarding price I guess that's depends on the finished product a premium price for a genuinely premium product is not unwarranted. Personally I will pay the extra cost if the finished product is excellent. But a high price will put your product into a different market and you might price out a lot of potential customers. Will you choose style over substance, vice versa or both...these things will weigh into the cost to manufacturing which will then affect price per unit. I don't think it's unfair to say that ABs will probably prefer a more stylistically babyish  plastic backed diaper that gives them that babyish "feeling". But you must then factor in what cost for your art design (possibly commissioned) will run you and how it effects price, the diapers outline and build, 2tapes or 1tape etc.all a consideration. DLs may want a more functional end product that can hold more water, for longer periods of time without leaking (not speaking as an authority on abdl's just making an educated guess). youll have to do a fair amount of product testing for comfort and functional use..the look and design may be different than AB minded diapers because the end goal is slightly different. What plastics or clothe material will you use for the outer shell what stuffing/absorbent will you inside the diaper?

As far as where to go I would look at Asian manufacturers as much of the world diaper products in mass production come from there. A couple years ago in my own research on topic I stumbled upon web site that that claimed to be manufacturer of bambino and abu products (don't know if it's true but the were certainly advertising it that way) claimed they could take you from concept to finished product. Want to have cute bag package design like D.C. AMOR or new Little4big diaper they could handle that too. On sites I've seen initial investment seems to avg about 10k for a shipping containers worth of diapers...so be ready to also have a place to store your product and consider cost for distribution. Remember that many of the features you listed above will factor into your price per unit depending on how much you want/can pay you may have to compromise.

sorry that was sooo long winded I work Business analysis and do this stuff everyday for a living :D

On 11/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, Miruru said:

Bambino, Rearz, ABU, Carousel Dotty did I miss anyone?

Off the top of my head:

Diaper ConnectionTykablesAww So CuteCrinklzCuddlzFabineLittleForBigRawr Fab Sense, and MyDiaper.

As for getting into the ABDL diaper business, user WBDaddy is the one to talk to.  He tried to get a product to market called Petite AB, but there were too many problems to overcome.

Also, be aware that some diaper companies have started to combine with other companies.  For example. ABU now carries the both the Kiddo diaper (from Diaper Minister), and BareBum diapers (BareBum apparently sold the design to ABU).  Due to the number of other AB/DL diaper vendors out there, I'd bet there will be more consolidation in the future.

I'm happy with the current set of ABDL diapers already available for sale.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 4:56 AM, AlluneedisLuvs said:

Hi there

Cool your interested in making a diaper!

sorry that was sooo long winded I work Business analysis and do this stuff everyday for a living :D

Thank you for all this information.  I have started putting together my business plan and until I can manufacture here locally an overseas supplier is ideal.  There are a few suppliers that do not require the 40ft container minimum but we shall see if that holds true after negotiations.  I was surprised to see a number of manufacturers with nearly identical diaper designs to some of my favorites Bambino and ABU replicas were surprisingly easy to find.

Personally I like plastic back diapers, and I side with the double tape design but think there is room for improvement with the placement of a single tape system for adults.  As far as designs my background is in art and I'm dying to design prints that will add value to the already diverse AB/DL community.  There are so many things to consider and challenges to encounter, I am really looking for to the challenge of making this possible.  Thank you all for your comments thus far!

On 11/13/2017 at 1:55 AM, Kira said:

I'd personally just be happy with a good ABDL pull-up, like something that looks like drynights/goodnights but can fit adults :P

I'll second that. Bambinos attempt was a swing and a miss in my opinion. 

Honestly I'm impressed where diapers have started to where they are now. The only thing missing is more easier access to premium diapers and abdl diapers in stores. Sometimes online is a pain so it would be great if they used stores just dedicated to inco and abdl diapers. Just my opinion.

A good AB/DL pull-up would be amazing.  Bambino attempted one but they weren’t up to snuff.  They didn’t absorb much, the pad came loose from the pant and the print was obscured by the stretchy material.  

A good high capacity pull-up with cute art (preferably pink) and disappearing wetness indicators would be a great item to offer.  

As for regular diapers (which is what I wear 24/7) I love all over prints.  The ABU space diapers are cool because of the spaceship wetness indicators.  If something could be done with fairies or ponies or something would be really cool.

i prefer plastic backed diapers and love to hear that crinkle of the plastic.  Reminds me all day of what I’m wearing. 

A number of people have said it already but a really good quality pullup seems to be missing from the diaper catalogue at the moment.  Something super absorbent with a nice print would get a lot of interest I think.  We are at the point now when nostalgia about 90s pullups would ensure that something of a similar design and performance would go really well with the ABDL community.  

I have tried a lot of the incontinence pullup styles over the years and they have been OK at best and mostly dreadful compared to the tape style products.  

• 1 year later...

I'm also one for the pullup. Mid me is 10-14 and basically has the same tastes as adult me so something in fun geometric prints would be good.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, Comfortably diapered said:

Honestly I'm impressed where diapers have started to where they are now. The only thing missing is more easier access to premium diapers and abdl diapers in stores. Sometimes online is a pain so it would be great if they used stores just dedicated to inco and abdl diapers. Just my opinion.

There are such stores.  ABU has ones in Seattle and Baltimore, Tykables has several in different places, and there are also a few independent diaper stores.  They're all still few and far between, but can be found.

If you are ever in the Chicagoland area I cannot recommend the Tykables store enough. Super chill experience and awesome group running it.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:56 PM, YourFNF said:

I'm also one for the pullup. Mid me is 10-14 and basically has the same tastes as adult me so something in fun geometric prints would be good.

The problem with doing a pull-up is, quite simply, to do it well you have to run a LOT of sizes.  Small, Medium, Large ain't gonna cut it, because there's no way to adjust fit to shape to a specific body type.  And when you have to buy half a container (roughly 10,000 units) per size, that can be one hell of an expensive proposition. 

22 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

The problem with doing a pull-up is, quite simply, to do it well you have to run a LOT of sizes.  Small, Medium, Large ain't gonna cut it, because there's no way to adjust fit to shape to a specific body type.  And when you have to buy half a container (roughly 10,000 units) per size, that can be one hell of an expensive proposition. 

Yep... I wonder if this could some how be done small batch with additive manufacturing.... ?

2 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Or highly elastic sides could work.  The side panels on goodnites and similar products are stretchy enough that some adults can fit in them.  

2 hours ago, YourFNF said:

Yep... I wonder if this could some how be done small batch with additive manufacturing.... ?

Do you mean resin casting or 3D printing?  For something like diapers the latter would be extremely expensive.  But then again it could work for custom designs.

6 hours ago, YourFNF said:

There is no 3D printing tech right now for fabrics.  Hell, they've only recently tamed silicone. 

4 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Or highly elastic sides could work.  The side panels on goodnites and similar products are stretchy enough that some adults can fit in them.  

You could run something a couple sizes larger than goodnites, but getting enough absorbent material into them to be viable for the ABDL market would be something of a challenge.  Inevitably, people would flood them and complain they didn't hold.  But you'd want to run at least two sizes, trust me.  There's sizable backlash when certain body types feel like you're, uh, "excluding" them.

What draws me to a certain pack of adult diapers.

Price...price...price. A price that I can afford. A price that can't go up. A price that is locked in. Any pack over $30 I walk away from. The only abdl diapers left in that range are Crinklz.

How many in a pack- 10 or more.

Quality- Please dont do Depends absorbency or I may slap you figuriably speaking. But dont go haywire like Mr. ABU thinking they the Pampers of the adult diaper world.

Fit- If you can get that baby diaper look, that would be great. Roomy in the back and absorbency high in the front.

PS: If you plan to add designs to the diaper... Add some lizards or dragon designs to the diaper. Trust me your competition will blow out their diapers seeing that.

• 10 months later...

Tykables new Puppers are phenomenal.... as in the cut, the hook and loop system  and egregious amount of capacity... The plastic backing with enough crinkle but not so loud you hear it across the room

I just wish that there was a reasonably priced adult disposable that could be reliable in bed with side-sleeper wettings.  I'd even consider an unreasonably priced one now that I no longer remember waking to pee much.  Until then, I'll continue to wear waterproof trainers over my night diapers and hope.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:48 AM, oznl said:

I just wish that there was a reasonably priced adult disposable that could be reliable in bed with side-sleeper wettings.  I'd even consider an unreasonably priced one now that I no longer remember waking to pee much.  Until then, I'll continue to wear waterproof trainers over my night diapers and hope.

That would be nice.  I wish there were more diapers per pack.  The standard seems to be 10, but if it were 12 or 15 that would be more convienent and also could mean less packaging, which would be better for the environment.

• 1 month later...

There is not much I'd change about the Bambino Ultra Stretch.  The stretchy sides + hook and loop tabs make for a great fit and feel.  Other than that I think I'd like to try a diaper that's all-round bulkier - not just more padding, but made of thicker and more robust backing, stronger and bigger elasticated parts on the leg cuffs, etc  - like a completely scaled-up baby diaper.  Also with that slightly rough texture I seem to remember them having on the outside.

Also - more plain white diapers would be great.  A lot of ABDL-oriented brands seem to be doing only printed versions now, and the cutesy designs can be a bit of a turn-off for someone who's more of a DL.  And size/fit wise, I often find the sides could do to be shorter - the tapes often end up very close to each other or would be overlapping if I pulled them as tight as I'd like.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed on the pull-ups. i'd love to see a good highly absorbent pull-up! the bambino ones were/are garbage, i got a sample when they came out. while they were quite possibly the most comfy thing i've ever worn, they were also the most disappointing. they leaked during the first wetting. not like a little leak out the leg, like i was barely wearing anything more than a light-use depends. 

but i digress. as for the sizing issue, i do agree that sizing would be an issue to get a proper fit. people come in so many different shapes and sizes, it would be nigh impossible to make everything needed. however, i do feel that depends has already answered this question. granted, they pale in comparison to...well... basically everything as far as diapers go lol but their adjustable adult protective underwear is the answer, or at least the proof-of-concept/prototype. basically, it's a pull-up but with tapes. sounds odd, but it seems to be the answer. i used them in college when i had few options, the tapes are a velcro/hook-and-loop type. you pull the garment up, then tighten the fit with the tapes to get the perfect fit! i remember then being quite comfortable, and stayed put with no issues. it's been years since i've used them, but i did like them. and i feel that design is the answer!

also i would like to see more in the way of "japanese style" diaper covers. fuubuu/nicediaper.com is so far the only manufacturer that i've found that has them. i know a few british sites have them, but they get them from fuubuu lol. anyway, at least a few more colors. they make them in pvc in a few colors, and in PUL in three or four colors. the british sites have them in a few AB patterns. but i'm more DL, and more colors would be great.